IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg
83721fa5cd1beae8a2cf2251eefffe3c (resized).jpeg
mme (resized).png
IMG_6061 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0916 (resized).jpeg
972503_981de8e56aa54690872a216de1d17874~mv2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0786 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,367 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 268.
#12401 10 months ago

SO much potential with They Live! There’s a lot they could do with hidden messaging. Fingers crossed it happens one day.

#12402 10 months ago

Each pin could come with a pair of shades? Or a wrist watch that somehow has a haptic connection to the gameplay (this would never happen but the idea is fun).

IMG_6784 (resized).jpegIMG_6784 (resized).jpeg

#12403 10 months ago
Quoted from BlackBelt:

Each pin could come with a pair of shades? Or a wrist watch that somehow has a haptic connection to the gameplay (this would never happen but the idea is fun).

[quoted image]

Exactly! Haha

#12404 9 months ago

I cracked the Meatloaf Easter Egg.. Meatballs with Bill F'n Murray HA-HA!

Meat Loaf in Tales From the Crypt was also a great episode.. but I like this little guy

meatloaf (resized).jpgmeatloaf (resized).jpg
#12405 9 months ago

Somewhat fitting their theme I'm hoping for Futurama, Simpsons Treehouse of Horror, or Castlevania from Spooky next.

#12406 9 months ago

I'm betting the next theme is The Human Centipede. Three balls magnetized together. Endless fun possibilities...endless fun.

#12407 9 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'm betting the next theme is The Human Centipede. Three balls magnetized together. Endless fun possibilities...endless fun.

You're giving me PTSD just mentioning that. I HATED squad pushups.

1 week later
#12409 9 months ago
Quoted from EtzEtz:

On the other hand, large swaths of America are not all that into transvestites.

We're in an EXTREMELY CONSERVATIVE area and they had one of the kid theatre groups doing a production of the Time Warp that was advertised all over town for about a month. This was like 8 year old kids in full Rocky Horror costuming. The musical number is literally Sweet Transvestite-adjacent. Time Warp segues into Sweet Transvestite in the movie. If kiddie groups are doing Rocky Horror numbers HERE with zero protest, the material has been accepted enough.

#12410 9 months ago

<blockquote cite
Spooky has sold out of every game within a week of launch. Every game following AMH, through and including SD. Of course capacity at Spooky continues to be ramped up, regularly. One day soon, Spooky will have the capacity to run 2k models of a title. So their picks better be stellar. I’m a buyer of all three past dues above, but more importantly, these are strong enough themes to sell the quantity of machines you want. In five years, new titles may only be capable of selling 1k pins. Spooky has the ideal window for developing and selling their biggest possible licenses and those remain: Batman Animated, Futurama and Beetlejuice. Get as many as possible and then get the rest. Go 3 for 3 and pass on going after HP (post below).

So Spooky Sold out of UM, HW and SD?

I did not think they did.

#12411 9 months ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

<blockquote cite
Spooky has sold out of every game within a week of launch. Every game following AMH, through and including SD. Of course capacity at Spooky continues to be ramped up, regularly. One day soon, Spooky will have the capacity to run 2k models of a title. So their picks better be stellar. I’m a buyer of all three past dues above, but more importantly, these are strong enough themes to sell the quantity of machines you want. In five years, new titles may only be capable of selling 1k pins. Spooky has the ideal window for developing and selling their biggest possible licenses and those remain: Batman Animated, Futurama and Beetlejuice. Get as many as possible and then get the rest. Go 3 for 3 and pass on going after HP (post below).
So Spooky Sold out of UM, HW and SD?
I did not think they did.

UM and Halloween did, SD is not sold out. Neither did the rerelease of TNA sell out

#12412 9 months ago
Quoted from Atripi90:

SO much potential with They Live! There’s a lot they could do with hidden messaging. Fingers crossed it happens one day.

They Live would be my dream theme from spooky!

Honorable mention goes to Beetlejuice and Gremlins.

#12413 9 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

They Live would be my dream theme from spooky!
Honorable mention goes to Beetlejuice and Gremlins.

Would love any of these. Let’s hope it’s already in the works. Several people have mentioned these, so easy sales

#12414 9 months ago
Screenshot_20230615-061840 (resized).pngScreenshot_20230615-061840 (resized).png
#12415 9 months ago
Quoted from Atripi90:

Would love any of these. Let’s hope it’s already in the works. Several people have mentioned these, so easy sales

Anything John Carpenter has my vote.....but I bet it will be Evil Dead

#12416 9 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

The world's longest alley fight multi-ball? I'd be down for that.

#12417 9 months ago

I’m hoping for Texas Chainsaw Massacre

#12418 9 months ago

I'll say it again... Killer Klowns.

#12419 9 months ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Anything John Carpenter has my vote.....but I bet it will be Evil Dead

It probably won't be evil dead. Ben Heck pitched evil dead many times and chuck always shot it down. I think Ben's game from CGC will be evil dead even though he says it isn't.

#12420 9 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

I'll say it again... Killer Klowns.

KKFOS would be a great theme! Although it might not do very well on location…SO many people out there with Coulrophobia. Weirdos.

#12421 9 months ago

Kaneda knows what it is so it will be revealed soon.
Apparently the license holder let it out.

#12422 9 months ago

Most recent Halloween code video he was wearing day of the dead shirt ?

#12423 9 months ago

A George A. Romero pin would rule the free world!

#12424 9 months ago

Since night of the living dead is public domain isn’t it free of any licensing restrictions?

#12425 9 months ago

Because it's public domain, I doubt they would do it, but perhaps a trilogy pin is possible?

Also NOTLD was covered in Elvira HOH

#12426 9 months ago
Snag_f4ae726 (resized).pngSnag_f4ae726 (resized).png
#12427 9 months ago
Quoted from manadams:

[quoted image]

Ben should be finished programming his game later this year.
Can't wait to see it.

#12428 9 months ago

I can't tell if that post is sarcasm or serious. It is Ben afterall

#12429 9 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I can't tell if that post is sarcasm or serious. It is Ben afterall

I hate to speak on his behalf, but I'm sure hes 100% serious

#12430 9 months ago

Do we have any idea when Spooky might reveal their next game? Any idea when the Scooby Doos will be done on the line?

#12431 9 months ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Do we have any idea when Spooky might reveal their next game? Any idea when the Scooby Doos will be done on the line?

Believe it was 18 month production window on Scooby planned, similar to UM/HW

#12432 9 months ago

Believe it was 18 month production window on Scooby planned, similar to UM/HW

Wow... so June 2024.

#12433 9 months ago

I think we will hear about the next game this late fall (maybe Pinball Expo) with a winter production start.

I think Spooky will be done with Scooby before June 2024 (they got a lot more games to sell too), but they can also build multiple games at once. They finished up HWN/UM on the side and have built some more TNAs during Scooby's production run

#12434 9 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I hate to speak on his behalf, but I'm sure hes 100% serious

Without LCDs you could run a pinball machine on your toaster. It's a HUGE time and hardware sink for something the player probably isn't even looking at.

#12435 9 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

Without LCDs you could run a pinball machine on your toaster. It's a HUGE time and hardware sync for something the player probably isn't even looking at.

Not wrong, for sure. Feels crazy the amount of work/time it takes to introduce LCD assets, only to have them basically watched 1 time, and skipped thereafter.

#12436 9 months ago

and some people don't get why pins are so much more expensive these days vs the DMD era...

the LCD is the best and worst thing to happen to modern pinball

#12437 9 months ago

In my ideal "I don't give a damn" pinball, I'd use 192x64 of those HUB75 panels. A cool retro look vs LCD plus the whole "run it on a toaster" aspect.

It just drives me nuts how much horsepower an LCD takes vs the rest of the machine. Even audio is easier than a dead dogs nuts.

PXL_20230617_225238672 (resized).jpgPXL_20230617_225238672 (resized).jpg
#12438 9 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

and some people don't get why pins are so much more expensive these days vs the DMD era...
the LCD is the best and worst thing to happen to modern pinball

Yet so far games that drop the LCD for retro style, are not cheaper....

#12439 9 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

In my ideal "I don't give a damn" pinball, I'd use 192x64 of those HUB75 panels. A cool retro look vs LCD plus the whole "run it on a toaster" aspect.
It just drives me nuts how much horsepower an LCD takes vs the rest of the machine. Even audio is easier than a dead dogs nuts. [quoted image]

It's the 'Pandoras Box' that can't be undone, now. Everyone expects to see 8000 minutes of film footage and audio, full soundtrack moments from movies, etc. I'm hoping maybe PF brings folks back to the perspective that...hey...you don't NEED an LCD screen to have a good game.

#12440 9 months ago

Yeah, that is the X Factor, isn't it? If there isn't the time/money spent on the content/implementation of the LCD, why are we still paying $8,000 for Pulp Fiction? But alas.....

#12441 9 months ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Yeah, that is the X Factor, isn't it? If there isn't the time/money spent on the content/implementation of the LCD, why are we still paying $8,000 for Pulp Fiction? But alas.....

Good point. I'd counter that if the game had movie clips and live action actor licenses it would have cost CGC even more, how much of that is passed down or saved to the customer is beyond us knowing.

#12442 9 months ago

The only one has been Pulp Fiction, which would have undoubtedly cost more if they had to license real film assets and actor likenesses (vs cartoony depictions)

the CGC DMD remakes are great value even though they're redrawing all those dots for a LCD screen

#12443 9 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

Good point. I'd counter that if the game had movie clips and live action actor licenses it would have cost CGC even more, how much of that is passed down or saved to the customer is beyond us knowing.

or they might have spent the money on film assets but then licensed less music...who knows for sure

but the LCD would have made the game more expensive to develop and license. That's without doubt

#12444 9 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

The only one has been Pulp Fiction, which would have undoubtedly cost more if they had to license real film assets and actor likenesses (vs cartoony depictions)
the CGC DMD remakes are great value even though they're redrawing all those dots for a LCD screen

The depictions still have to be approved by actor/estate but yes. Some licenses you don't get actor likenesses even in the context of the movie. Which has no doubt held up some of your dream themes like Jaws or BTTF.

#12445 9 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

The depictions still have to be approved by actor/estate but yes. Some licenses you don't get actor likenesses even in the context of the movie. Which has no doubt held up some of your dream themes like Jaws or BTTF.

Listening to Roger Sharpe talk about actor rights, it seems like a lot of actors didn't even care about DMD animations because the resolution was too low to even tell who was what. Even on games like GOT that used footage from the show processed through the "dot" post effect no one cared about the likenesses. But with LCDs it's clear who's who, which means $$$

#12446 9 months ago
Quoted from benheck:

The real elephant in the room here is if you are serious is, are you saying the next spooky won't have LCD? Or you are annoyed that it will and the burden of having to include it?

#12447 9 months ago

Or it's neat how companies like Funko Pop and Lego use their distinct visual style to license a ton of properties, and then not have to worry about actor likenesses and similar. They're just dressing up the generic figures in the character's iconic clothing.

#12448 9 months ago

I think a really nice, interactive, electronic and/or mechanical backglass could make up for lack of an LCD, if the theme didn't absolutely depend on video clips. Scared stiff and catacomb come to mind. Black hole looks neat, but isn't interactive. I think it'd be neat to have something like the instrumentation panel in ultraman, but an actual, real instrumentation panel with LEDs, 7 segment displays, dial meters, etc.

#12449 9 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The real elephant in the room here is if you are serious is, are you saying the next spooky won't have LCD? Or you are annoyed that it will and the burden of having to include it?

No no. I'm just saying if I ever did my own homebrew for lols, I'd probably use someone like a HUB75 DMD

#12450 9 months ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

I think a really nice, interactive, electronic and/or mechanical backglass could make up for lack of an LCD, if the theme didn't absolutely depend on video clips. Scared stiff and catacomb come to mind. Black hole looks neat, but isn't interactive. I think it'd be neat to have something like the instrumentation panel in ultraman, but an actual, real instrumentation panel with LEDs, 7 segment displays, dial meters, etc.

I love what AP did on the GTF speaker panel. The little green LEDs really make it pop. Even if it's just flat artwork, it looks like a control panel

The backbox is basically empty these days, but no one is doing backbox toys or animations anymore. I enjoy stuff like Scared Stiff, NBA Fast Break, and T3. They're gimmicks, but they have mostly stayed fun.

I was talking to someone who wanted to do a Price Is Right homebrew, and the backbox would be begging for something like this as a stand in for Plinko pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy
Toys/Add-ons
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Machine - For Sale
Saginaw, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
There are 13,367 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 268.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/249 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.