7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 248 of 269.
#12351 1 year ago

If this is directed at me you would be right, I only ever once aquired a GB and a BR in a multi game trade and promptly unloaded it. I don’t think saying anything wild when I say that it’s not a good look to glorify a fictitious Pedophile child murderer in a pin. I’m frankly surprised that there is push back on that stance at all.

Quoted from Capn12:

Surely, someone with such a steadfast stance, would EVER own a Ghostbusters or other JT game, right? I mean, I already know the answer to that, but it is rather interesting.

#12352 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

If this is directed at me you would be right, I only ever once aquired a GB and a BR in a multi game trade and promptly unloaded it. I don’t think saying anything wild when I say that it’s not a good look to glorify a fictitious Pedophile child murderer in a pin. I’m frankly surprised that there is push back on that stance at all.

Because 99% of the people dont know this tid bit, and they dont care. Like me.

#12353 1 year ago

Cool, good for you I guess lol

Quoted from Roostking:

Because 99% of the people dont know this tid bit, and they dont care. Like me.

#12354 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The problem is you are being too specific. Like I said, you probably have your reasons for this stance, but should not expect others to share the same feelings. It's like saying (warning gunument incoming) "guns kill people so no games made with guns on them should be made". Most all 'entertainment' has an antagonist that does bad things. Putting one of those things over others is going to cause pushback because everyone's life experience is different.

Pedophilia in NoES is not glorified. His killing of everyone else is. Is one better than the other?

#12355 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

At least we all seem to agree that pedophilia is bad. I guess that’s a positive.

Which reminds me. Trudeau has been paroled. Very short prison time, considering the offenses...

#12356 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Which reminds me. Trudeau has been paroled. Very short prison time, considering the offenses...

I want to thumbs down that comment…but I don’t want to thumbs down your post. (I just mean I want to ‘thumbs down’ the fact that a pedo is set free after a short sentence…hopefully he is a changed person and we’re not letting the same troubled person back into society).

#12357 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

I want to thumbs down that comment…but I don’t want to hurt your stats!

Feel free. I don't care about stats.

But you're saying you think his prison sentence WAS long enough? Or...mentioning a real pinball-related pedophile after a page and a half of demonic pedophile talk was...off topic? Not sure what you're trying to say with that, but you're not hurting my feelings.

EDIT: After you clarified, I understand what you were saying. Yeah, it's a pretty crazy light sentence he served compared to what he was sentenced compared to what was recommended in light of the stuff he was charged with. I really wish there was a treatment for it that works, but there's not, so managing them is the only way, and the danger they will reoffend is always present.

#12358 1 year ago

Yeah, my reason is pedophilia is a reprehensible disgusting act AND it is a part of the NOES lore. Is that too specific? Or is that a very simple, direct and understandable stance? If you guys want a pedo pin…well…keep pining for it I guess. I’m out on pedo pins. Let’s call it a day on this shall we?

Quoted from Zablon:

The problem is you are being too specific. Like I said, you probably have your reasons for this stance, but should not expect others to share the same feelings. It's like saying (warning gunument incoming) "guns kill people so no games made with guns on them should be made". Most all 'entertainment' has an antagonist that does bad things. Putting one of those things over others is going to cause pushback because everyone's life experience is different.
Pedophilia in NoES is not glorified. His killing of everyone else is. Is one better than the other?

#12359 1 year ago

This chat reminds me of The Onion movie. There is a skit where people get together to play a murder mystery like party game, but it's revealed to actually be a rape mystery game. The one person who feels creeped out by it is reprimanded by the host saying something like "you had no issue playing pretend murder, so what's wrong with pretending a less punished crime where the victim doesn't even die?"

Good satire makes a very witty observation under the silliness

#12360 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Yeah, my reason is pedophilia is a reprehensible disgusting act AND it is a part of the NOES lore. Is that too specific? Or is that a very simple, direct and understandable stance? If you guys want a pedo pin…well…keep pining for it I guess. I’m out on pedo pins. Let’s call it a day on this shall we?

Did the movie convey any pedophelia? Honestly cant remember.

Did you read the book?

#12361 1 year ago

To be honest if I get murdered as a 34 yr old man I wouldn’t find it nearly as horrible as someone being a pedophile and taking away a child’s innocence. I totally understand what mpdpvdpin is saying.

Regardless, at the end of the day we can all agree that pedophiles are useless garbage wether or not you want a Freddy pin haha!

#12362 1 year ago

Read my other posts

Quoted from TreyBo69:

This chat reminds me of The Onion movie. There is a skit where people get together to play a murder mystery like party game, but it's revealed to actually be a rape mystery game. The one person who feels creeped out by it is reprimanded by the host saying something like "you had no issue playing pretend murder, so what's wrong with pretending a less punished crime where the victim doesn't even die?"
Good satire makes a very witty observation under the silliness

Quoted from Roostking:

Did the movie convey any pedophelia? Honestly cant remember.
Did you read the book?

#12363 1 year ago

I feel like it's only hinted at/implied in the original movies. But it was major point in the 2010 remake

#12364 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I don’t think saying anything wild when I say that it’s not a good look to glorify a fictitious Pedophile child murderer in a pin. I’m frankly surprised that there is push back on that stance at all.

I guess I just don't see how Freddy Kruger is being glorified if they make a Nightmare on Elm Street pinball machine. He's the bad guy... he's not the hero of the story

And again, most people don't think of FK as a pedophile (at least not the first thought). Otherwise companies like Walmart wouldn't be selling all this branded junk https://www.walmart.com/c/kp/freddy-krueger

#12365 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I feel like it's only hinted at/implied in the original movies. But it was major point in the 2010 remake

I'm going to have to watch them all again to be sure. However, it is indeed played way down to just a 'child killer' in the original. I think it was briefly implied there was more to it. Yes, in the original idea of it, Wes confirmed he was a pedo though..and the remake was pretty specfic...but no one likes that one anyway.

This discussion is starting to make me second guess my home brew I'm currently working on.... Necrophiliac: The Graveyard Adventure

#12366 1 year ago

Man, this thread really got going. Who would have thought murdering children is fair game but a murdering fictitious pedophile is where the line is crossed...lol

Someone should ask why he put a tattoo of a pedo on his arm...lol
fr (resized).JPGfr (resized).JPG

#12367 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

This discussion is starting to make me second guess my home brew I'm currently working on.... Necrophiliac: The Graveyard Adventure

Keep it in the sick vein, but maybe do a more "feel-good" theme, like NAMBLA:The Pinball Adventure.

#12368 1 year ago

Wes Craven, I give him a little credit for diluting the horrific acts in his movies but they still exist for shock and terror. These are simply tools to play with our emotions, I like to think it helps us root for the good guys.

But I digress....

I'm stuck on that Beetlejuice tease from Luke on page 246... "Kanda Kanda Kan..."
(Warner Brothers, New Movie, New Talent, excellent theme for Spooky.... RIPE for picking!!)

Beetlejuice would break my savings account, even the cartoon version.

#12369 1 year ago
Quoted from MrVern:

Wes Craven, I give him a little credit for diluting the horrific acts in his movies but they still exist for shock and terror. These are simply tools to play with our emotions, I like to think it helps us root for the good guys.
But I digress....
I'm stuck on that Beetlejuice tease from Luke on page 246... "Kanda Kanda Kan..."
(Warner Brothers, New Movie, New Talent, excellent theme for Spooky.... RIPE for picking!!)
Beetlejuice would break my savings account, even the cartoon version.

Oh that's where that's from...I thought he was mispronouncing klatus veritas nicotine or something like that....

#12370 1 year ago

That’s where my beetlebrain went anyways

#12371 1 year ago

I know that Elwin did Archer as his home-brew, but man I'd love to see an actual licensed Archer pin, or for that matter Bob's Burgers. Either one would be an insta-buy for me if Spooky was on it, there's so much that could be done with either license and if they got the voice actors involved it would be pinball gold.

1 week later
#12372 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

In The original first film, the revenge (or vigilante death of Freddy character) was vigilante justice on the Freddy character abusing the children of the adults who kill him. Including the sheriff himself.

It was, in my perception downplayed in the later films. But the original concept always remained and his victims were almost exclusively children.

I saw it in the first run at a downtown theater in an arbor.

I did not yet see the remake.
I often thought, what if they were wrong and he was innocent…

I should check out the remake so I can say I did.

#12373 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Spooky’s last game was Halloween. Halloween’s sequel was Halloween 2, which Danny McBride just rebooted
Also…
We know Ben Heck is coding the next game. Heck who is famously thirsty to convert the ignorant masses to his form of pinball based Christian fundamentalism
That can only mean Spooky’s next game must be
[quoted image]

D14D9231-5EC3-474C-8D5A-C9317186EEEA (resized).jpegD14D9231-5EC3-474C-8D5A-C9317186EEEA (resized).jpeg
#12374 1 year ago

That was a horrible flashback to see that cartridge. When I was growing up my mother worked at a christian book store and one day she was so happy to tell me she'd gotten me a new Nintendo game. It was this game, it was BAD, like something from Atari but WORSE.

#12375 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

That was a horrible flashback to see that cartridge. When I was growing up my mother worked at a christian book store and one day she was so happy to tell me she'd gotten me a new Nintendo game. It was this game, it was BAD, like something from Atari but WORSE.

He's going to take you back to the past. To play the...

#12376 1 year ago

Impractical jokers just did an episode with Bruce Campbell. Spooky, your turn! Where’s evil dead?

#12377 1 year ago

Stoked for the new pin benheck is working on w/ Spooky!

0DBCF54C-85A5-43F7-B240-931802DF7B70 (resized).jpeg0DBCF54C-85A5-43F7-B240-931802DF7B70 (resized).jpeg
#12378 1 year ago

Pinball Zombies was turned into Rob Zombie.

#12379 1 year ago
Quoted from Pugster:

I know that Elwin did Archer as his home-brew, but man I'd love to see an actual licensed Archer pin, or for that matter Bob's Burgers. Either one would be an insta-buy for me if Spooky was on it, there's so much that could be done with either license and if they got the voice actors involved it would be pinball gold.

Bob’s Burgers for the win! I think it could be a Simpson’s-esqe masterpiece…but I’d be surprised to see Spooky do it.
Not that they couldn’t or wouldn’t, but they seem to be of the ‘been there, done that’ mindset with their themes lately.
They do what they want, have fun with it and then move on to something completely different for the next theme.

#12380 12 months ago

Bruce Campbell was just in town with his Bruce-O Rama tour.Ash vs Evil Dead has to be the next release.

48D14460-2124-4457-9035-51FCC9D0C091 (resized).png48D14460-2124-4457-9035-51FCC9D0C091 (resized).png
3 weeks later
#12381 11 months ago

Gonna add some fuel to the fire again for ZELDA . 8-bit NES or modern Switch (or both) based...doesn't matter. I really think this checks some legit boxes for Spooky:

- Castles (Hyrule)
- Monsters - Mummies (Gibdo), Skeletons (Stalfos), Bats (Keese), endless more...freaking Ganon!
- Dungeons

So much potential for story, and 'character' leveling. I just think spooky would do the best job with this theme and really bring some fresh perspective with mechs/layout. I'd loooove to see not only an upper Hyrule playfield...but a lower dungeon playfield as well (think Lebowski). I still think the UM/HW multiple uppers is brilliant. Anyway...ZELDA (or Pokémon...which I think may be better as a stern) is a dream theme for us! SpookyBug SpookyLuke

#12382 11 months ago

Late to the discussion but wanted to share that I used to idolize Freddy Krueger. But now that I've learned the horrible secret truth about him, no more. I'm sorry if that seems harsh. But, for me, Freddy being a peddy nullifies all of the good deeds he has ever done.

#12383 11 months ago

Surprised after the Goonies shirt post Spooky released a bit ago nobody is running with that?

That one would be another insta-buy for me…again what a license. Pirate ships, mine carts, truffle shuffles…it’s got everything.

#12384 11 months ago

Based on some target images on Halloween, something to do with Meatloaf is coming. I wish it were the food, not the dude.

#12385 11 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Based on some target images on Halloween, something to do with Meatloaf is coming. I wish it were the food, not the dude.

Of the last two themes mentioned, I’d definitely prefer Goonies. But I could see Meatloaf being really cool…especially if they titled it Bat out of Hell rather than Meatloaf. And they should try to get rights to the album artwork

#12386 11 months ago

This is the stock decal on my upper hedge Michael. Hiding in plain site as another pinsider spotted first. Rocky Horror picture show?

20230519_223642 (resized).jpg20230519_223642 (resized).jpg
#12387 11 months ago
Quoted from Roostking:

This is the stock decal on my upper hedge Michael.

This is interesting, supposedly there is a "super secret" Easter egg on Halloween/UM that was pointing towards Scooby. I do not see any direct connection between Meat Loaf and Scooby though... Meat Loaf's mom was named Wilma and Tim Curry has voiced some characters in more recent Scooby projects... and bats ??

I wonder if UM has the same decal.

Shaggy's Meatloaf and Bologna Sandwich? It seems like a big stretch for an Easter egg, playing the Kevin Bacon game with it. A Rocky Horror Easter egg seems more appropriate.

#12388 11 months ago
Quoted from MrVern:

This is interesting, supposedly there is a "super secret" Easter egg on Halloween/UM that was pointing towards Scooby. I do not see any direct connection between Meat Loaf and Scooby though... Meat Loaf's mom was named Wilma and Tim Curry has voiced some characters in more recent Scooby projects... and bats ??
I wonder if UM has the same decal.
Shaggy's Meatloaf and Bologna Sandwich? It seems like a big stretch for an Easter egg, playing the Kevin Bacon game with it. A Rocky Horror Easter egg seems more appropriate.

Based on the Meat Loaf target and Spooky's past podcast wish to do Rocky Horror Picture Show, that's what the easter egg means to me. Listen starting at the 31:30 mark, they specifically mention Meat Loaf as well.

#12389 11 months ago

Rocky Horror Picture Show would be a great title for Spooky. Iconic graphics, the ladies would like it (judging by how many females I know who love the theme), The Time Warp could be really fun.. no complaints here.

I don't think a squirt gun would mix well with the electronics, unfortunately.

#12390 11 months ago

On the other hand, large swaths of America are not all that into transvestites.

#12391 11 months ago

Rocky Horror would be the closest thing to an appropriate time for Python Anghelo's pelvic thrust activated button.

#12392 11 months ago

wow . cool .

Quoted from EtzEtz:

On the other hand, large swaths of America are not all that into transvestites.

#12393 11 months ago

And many more millions love RHPS. I'm not one of them, but they are our age demographic and I can see it selling really well.

But IMO, if meatloaf is the egg, then it has to be Pick of Destiny!

#12394 11 months ago

How are we all missing that The Misfits is an all time PERFECT spooky Pinball music theme?!?!

At this point they’re basically the KISS of punk rock so a pinball is sorely needed!

#12395 11 months ago

Time Warp multiball would be killer.

#12396 11 months ago

Rocky Horror would be a great theme. Would likely be an instant buy. My wife loves that movie.

#12397 11 months ago

I know the rights for Friday the 13th are in a weird place and have been for awhile since Victor Miller won his lawsuit. They are launching a new Crystal Lake show sometime this year so I suppose anything can happen if someone flashes enough money. Jason doesn't speak but you could get by with an actress portraying Pamela Voorhees as well as some of the standout camp counselors and of course, the iconic Friday music/sound effects.

I always thought it'd be interesting to have a Friday the 13th pin where you could portray a camper who's trying to save people/battling Jason OR you could BE Jason hunting them down. 3-5 "cabin" shots with lights showing how many are in each, pop-up targets that fire off randomly as Jason appearing out of nowhere. A tougher 3rd flipper shot required to access Jason's shed for his mother's sweater.

The rights to Evil Dead are a totally separate beast than the rights to Army of Darkness if my memory is correct. (Different film studio's claim ownership, etc) but I could see enough shining through to make it into a pin.

Also would be cool to see:
The Thing
They Live! (with UV reactive ink)
Child's Play/Chucky

#12398 11 months ago
Quoted from Merendino:

I know the rights for Friday the 13th are in a weird place and have been for awhile since Victor Miller won his lawsuit. They are launching a new Crystal Lake show sometime this year so I suppose anything can happen if someone flashes enough money. Jason doesn't speak but you could get by with an actress portraying Pamela Voorhees as well as some of the standout camp counselors and of course, the iconic Friday music/sound effects.
I always thought it'd be interesting to have a Friday the 13th pin where you could portray a camper who's trying to save people/battling Jason OR you could BE Jason hunting them down. 3-5 "cabin" shots with lights showing how many are in each, pop-up targets that fire off randomly as Jason appearing out of nowhere. A tougher 3rd flipper shot required to access Jason's shed for his mother's sweater.
The rights to Evil Dead are a totally separate beast than the rights to Army of Darkness if my memory is correct. (Different film studio's claim ownership, etc) but I could see enough shining through to make it into a pin.
The Thing
Child's Play/Chucky

I’d literally buy any of these honestly. Could you imagine how fun Chucky callouts would be? Instant buys!

#12399 11 months ago

THEY LIVE would be my top choice. There’s not a game I havnt sold but I’d have that shit bolted if done well

Quoted from Merendino:

The Thing
Child's Play/Chucky

#12400 11 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

THEY LIVE would be my top choice. There’s not a game I havnt sold but I’d have that shit bolted if done well

100%!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 49.99
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 13,500.00
Trade
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 248 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/248?hl=slrage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.