IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg
83721fa5cd1beae8a2cf2251eefffe3c (resized).jpeg
mme (resized).png
IMG_6061 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0916 (resized).jpeg
972503_981de8e56aa54690872a216de1d17874~mv2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0786 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,367 posts in this topic. You are on page 247 of 268.
#12301 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Zelda would crush on location. Like "worth it to deal with the Disney of gaming" crush it. Also has a lot of Gen X draw.
Would also fit pinball better than other vids, the PF would represent the classic overheard view.

Totally agree! Zelda spans generations (like William Shatner)…I grew up with Zelda on NES and my son just completed the newest one on Switch…it would be a major win in this home!

#12302 1 year ago

So whens Evil Dead coming out??

#12303 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Maybe if we say... Kanda Kanda... Ka

#12304 1 year ago

Danzig, Graves, and Only please.

1520183673521 (resized).jpeg1520183673521 (resized).jpeg
#12305 1 year ago

Let's do a game with no LCD; those seem pretty hip right now!

#12306 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Will it bring down the price?

#12307 1 year ago

Do a headless pin just the cab and legs.
Theme: Headless Horseman

3843CEE3-CDD0-4267-9BB3-684C1FE1FCDB (resized).jpeg3843CEE3-CDD0-4267-9BB3-684C1FE1FCDB (resized).jpeg
#12308 1 year ago

LCD or no LCD…as always…it’s the game that matters. Can’t wait to get my Scooby AND my Pulp Fiction. Equally excited about both! It’s a great year for pinball

Quoted from spooky_dj:

#12309 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Do a headless pin just the cab and legs.
Theme: Headless Horseman[quoted image]

This really isn't a 'bad' idea. Clever.

#12310 1 year ago

No pops and like 5 upper play fields.

#12311 12 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If it's not their next pin, I'm afraid it might not come at all. If it does, I hope it's more geared towards Army of Darkness though.

#12312 12 months ago

With this coming out the time is right for spooky to make this.

#12313 11 months ago

Zombieland.
I would go for that.

Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Cross post from Scooby-Doo Hype thread:
Can't believe no one's pointed this out yet, but Spooky appears to be giving us a big clue on a future title at around 13:20 of the game play reveal. LukeP specifically says "those may be some Easter eggs to some other pinball machines as well. "
Could it be a carnival themed game next? Either way once these start arriving we'll be able to find some clues.

#12314 11 months ago
Quoted from Sandman454:

Zombieland.
I would go for that.

Zombieland or This is the End would be fantastic themes for me

#12315 11 months ago

Munsters reboot confirmed? Look for the clues
Screenshot_20230327_094836_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230327_094836_Gallery (resized).jpg
20230324_145304 (resized).jpg20230324_145304 (resized).jpg

#12316 11 months ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Rob Zombie rebooted The Munsters, so clearly this means Spooky is rebooting Rob Zombie

#12317 11 months ago

would love to see JAWS

#12318 11 months ago

that is Boris Karloff as Frankenstein’s monster #knowyourmonster

Quoted from Morgoth00:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

#12319 11 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

that is Boris Karloff as Frankenstein’s monster #knowyourmonster

Which is what Herman was specifically based off of. #knowyourmonstershistory

Screenshot_20230327_122821_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230327_122821_Chrome (resized).jpg
#12320 11 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Rob Zombie rebooted The Munsters

God bless the guy … but that reboot was pretty bad.

rd

#12321 11 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Rob Zombie rebooted The Munsters, so clearly this means Spooky is rebooting Rob Zombie

And he rebooted Halloween, so reboot Halloween incoming?

#12322 11 months ago
Quoted from rotordave:

God bless the guy … but that reboot was pretty bad.
rd

Was it just me or did it suffer from Colored LED Pinball puke

#12323 11 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

And he rebooted Halloween, so reboot Halloween incoming?

Spooky’s last game was Halloween. Halloween’s sequel was Halloween 2, which Danny McBride just rebooted

Also…

We know Ben Heck is coding the next game. Heck who is famously thirsty to convert the ignorant masses to his form of pinball based Christian fundamentalism

That can only mean Spooky’s next game must be

EF4C959A-372A-44A3-81B2-EC37F213D697 (resized).jpegEF4C959A-372A-44A3-81B2-EC37F213D697 (resized).jpeg

#12324 11 months ago

Bit of a stretch to jump to “Spooky is doing Munsters because Bug is wearing a Frankenstein’s monster tshirt”. That’s like…QANON math haha.

Quoted from Morgoth00:

Which is what Herman was specifically based off of. #knowyourmonstershistory[quoted image]

#12325 11 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Spooky’s last game was Halloween. Halloween’s sequel was Halloween 2, which Danny McBride just rebooted
Also…
We know Ben Heck is coding the next game. Heck who is famously thirsty to convert the ignorant masses to his form of pinball based Christian fundamentalism
[quoted image]

God Squad multiball.

#12326 11 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Bit of a stretch to jump to “Spooky is doing Munsters because Bug is wearing a Frankenstein’s monster tshirt”. That’s like…QANON math haha.

Jeezus man, a joke lol
I still want to see Monster House as a pin though

#12327 11 months ago

I played Nightmare on Elm st pin at TPF.
There was ALWAYS someone playing it.
There is money there if Spooky wants it.

#12328 11 months ago

I’m not sure any manufacturer is going to want to touch an IP based on a melted pedophile who kills children in their dreams.
I think Friday 13th would be a no brainer, as well as Evil Dead and Return of the Living dead.

Quoted from kciaccio:

I played Nightmare on Elm st pin at TPF.
There was ALWAYS someone playing it.
There is money there if Spooky wants it.

#12329 11 months ago

you do realize there's already a pin based on that license right?

#12330 11 months ago

Yes, ive owned one. I am speaking current day. I’m not sure anyone realized that Freddy Kruger was a pedophile early on as it was largely removed from the script in the first film. It was hinted at in the film but went over the majority of peoples heads. Every one knows today and the subject is far more sensitive in today’s climate as it ever has been. I would be shocked if the IP were picked up again.

Quoted from Zablon:

#12331 11 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Maybe they could do a legally safe knockoff with miniature swords for fingers?

#12332 11 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Yes, ive owned one. I am speaking current day. I’m not sure anyone realized that Freddy Kruger was a pedophile early on as it was largely removed from the script in the first film. It was hinted at in the film but went over the majority of peoples heads. Every one knows today and the subject is far more sensitive in today’s climate as it ever has been. I would be shocked if the IP were picked up again.

Really? Look at all the Freddy merch available today. You can go into a hot topic and come out with a bunch of Freddy stuff.

#12333 11 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’m not sure any manufacturer is going to want to touch an IP based on a melted pedophile who kills children in their dreams.
I think Friday 13th would be a no brainer, as well as Evil Dead and Return of the Living dead.

But killing teens at a summer camp is fair game..lol
Freddy has good call outs, tell us what call outs would be in FRIDAY THE 13TH?

#12334 11 months ago

It is much different. Jason is not a pedophile. It’s clearly not the killing that’s the problem, c’mon. I see your point about the callouts but I don’t but a game based on how god the callouts are. I buy based on how good the GAME is.

Quoted from kciaccio:

#12335 11 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It is much different. Jason is not a pedophile. It’s clearly not the killing that’s the problem, c’mon. I see your point about the callouts but I don’t but a game based on how god the callouts are. I buy based on how good the GAME is.

If memory serves, Freddy wasn't convicted as a pedophile and was burned to death by vigilante justice is why he came back to life to kill the children of the town.

#12336 11 months ago

yea it was that abysmal remake that really laid into the pedophile thing. In the original movies, while he was portrayed as a bad man, it was the parents who were actually the bad people.

#12337 11 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Once you're choosing between pedophiles, murderers, and rapist trees, the line gets very thin. I don't think most real-world people into horror have a problem with Freddy's grotesque backstory because they don't give it much thought. He's a bad guy - like all of them.

#12338 11 months ago

Michael doesn’t say anything in Halloween and they were able to make callouts with a different character so I don’t see why they couldn’t do the same for a Friday The 13th pin!

Also, I agree Freddy is great for call outs!

Quoted from kciaccio:

#12339 11 months ago

A quick google search…

Freddy was a pedophile in the original script for the first film. The studio subdued it but the subtext has been there all along

Quoted from kciaccio:

If memory serves, Freddy wasn't convicted as a pedophile and was burned to death by vigilante justice is why he came back to life to kill the children of the town.

0988376B-F5CB-450F-8721-BCDE5F58205D (resized).jpeg0988376B-F5CB-450F-8721-BCDE5F58205D (resized).jpeg

#12340 11 months ago

I really don't think the cultural zeitgeist cares about the pedophile angle. It was really only played up in the forgettable remake. Most people just know him as being scary in the first movie and then becoming progressively sillier in his kills and catchphrases in subsequent movies. It's not like the game would have to get into the lore of Freddy Kruger either...

He's such a perfect pinball antagonist

Jason is boring as an antagonist to me. He's just a blank killing machine. At least with Halloween they had fake Donald Pleasance to liven up the speech callouts.

#12341 11 months ago

Yeah, Doesn’t change the fact that the character was always a pedophile. If you don’t “care” about that…then…um…

Quoted from TreyBo69:

I really don't think the cultural zeitgeist cares about the pedophile angle. It was really only played up in the forgettable remake. Most people just know him as being scary in the first movie and then becoming progressively sillier in his kills and catchphrases in subsequent movies. It's not like the game would have to get into the lore of Freddy Kruger either...
He's such a perfect pinball antagonist
Jason is boring as an antagonist to me. He's just a blank killing machine. At least with Halloween they had fake Donald Pleasance to liven up the speech callouts.

#12342 11 months ago

We don't. That's the point.

I mean, if you can justify serial killers, gangsters, aliens, etc.....get over it It's fantasy. A game based on the movies would not need to address any of what you are concerned about.

#12343 11 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Yeah, Doesn’t change the fact that the character was always a pedophile. If you don’t “care” about that…then…um…

It’s a fictional character that is evil…

#12344 11 months ago

They brought back the hints to the pedophile stuff in part 6, but otherwise it's always kind of been skirted around as simply a child killer. Despite that he became an icon of the time, toys for kids, merch galore, and still they pump out merch and no one says a thing.

#12345 11 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Also…
[quoted image]

I think you have me confused with a certain serial divorcee ponzi scheme-ist!

#12346 11 months ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Let me get this straight:
- We can watch movies, wear tees and and own pins that have the main character as a horrible sadistic demon that cracks jokes and enjoys the suffering of children while he murders them in their sleep
- if that horrible demon is also a pedophile, then we should boycott the franchise and all marketed products altogether.

At least we all seem to agree that pedophilia is bad. I guess that’s a positive.

#12347 11 months ago

What an odd hill to stake a claim on. It is a FICTIONAL character, in a movie.

#12348 11 months ago

Let's not come down on them too hard...there may be personal reasons for the stance, which..fine, but it's kind of a 'don't like it don't buy it' situation.

#12349 11 months ago
Quoted from Capn12:

What an odd hill to stake a claim on. It is a FICTIONAL character, in a movie.

I guess he's pretty evil with the murdering, but also a pedophile? That's too evil!

#12350 11 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I guess he's pretty evil with the murdering, but also a pedophile? That's too evil!

Surely, someone with such a steadfast stance, would EVER own a Ghostbusters or other JT game, right? I mean, I already know the answer to that, but it is rather interesting.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,769.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy
Toys/Add-ons
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
$ 65.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
$ 74.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop
Backbox
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
There are 13,367 posts in this topic. You are on page 247 of 268.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/247 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.