IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg
83721fa5cd1beae8a2cf2251eefffe3c (resized).jpeg
mme (resized).png
IMG_6061 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0916 (resized).jpeg
972503_981de8e56aa54690872a216de1d17874~mv2 (resized).jpg
IMG_0786 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,367 posts in this topic. You are on page 244 of 268.
#12151 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Found in the depths of pinside... A Pinball Machine Mockup from a Spooky Employee!
Shaq Presents... NBA JAM is officially on the RADAR boys!
[quoted image]

LOL...Yeah, that's the trouble with being on Pinside for a lot longer then I've been a Spooky employee. I don't remember the exact context, but I believe the discussion was regarding finding an alternate backglass for Shaq Attaq. I do think NBA Jam would be the best basketball license, but I'm not sure the world needs another basketball themed pinball machine.

#12152 1 year ago

Blernsball, on the other hand....

#12153 1 year ago

Collect wins over each major character when in Robot Devil mode hit five orbits in a row to be awarded Robot Devil’s “ridiculously circuitous plan “ jackpot

Quoted from spooky_dj:

John Quincy Addingmachine was a blern hitting machine !

#12154 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Was also thinking today while I was working on stuff I should document/screen cap it so I could make some "making of" videos when it's all done.

You should 100% do this. The "making of" videos Stern puts out are some of their best marketing imo.

#12155 1 year ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

John Quincy Addingmachine was a blern hitting machine !

Can't forget about Wireless Joe Jackson and PitchOMat 5000, who was a modified howitzer.

2 weeks later
#12156 1 year ago

What’s that to the right of scooby?

10C901F6-281B-449F-8532-47D71245F303 (resized).jpeg10C901F6-281B-449F-8532-47D71245F303 (resized).jpeg
#12157 1 year ago

if a company could get a partial harry potter license a PF filled with habitrails themed to quidditch could be great. if i could pick a music/movie pin , i would pick get him to the greek, just the callouts would be worth the admission. my videogame pick would be Fallout 76 or new vegas. and the original "Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers" for adult theme cartoon.

#12158 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

What’s that to the right of scooby?
[quoted image]

More Scooby, that’s the ghost clown I think.

#12159 1 year ago
Quoted from DrWaz:

4D27A014-2BB7-4273-8E18-ADE80211B8F4 (resized).png4D27A014-2BB7-4273-8E18-ADE80211B8F4 (resized).png
#12160 1 year ago
Quoted from DrWaz:

7F45AD5F-5F43-4FF8-A848-1A24D24095CD (resized).png7F45AD5F-5F43-4FF8-A848-1A24D24095CD (resized).png
#12161 1 year ago
Quoted from DrWaz:

6B70F08C-B370-479E-87DC-2988E8D89DDC (resized).jpeg6B70F08C-B370-479E-87DC-2988E8D89DDC (resized).jpeg
#12162 1 year ago

What do you see?

#12163 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCreature:

What do you see?

Nothing. It’s a tna playfield…….

1 week later
#12164 1 year ago

Cross post from Scooby-Doo Hype thread:

Can't believe no one's pointed this out yet, but Spooky appears to be giving us a big clue on a future title at around 13:20 of the game play reveal. LukeP specifically says "those may be some Easter eggs to some other pinball machines as well. "

Could it be a carnival themed game next? Either way once these start arriving we'll be able to find some clues.

#12165 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Can't believe no one's pointed this out yet, but Spooky appears to be giving us a big clue on a future title at around 13:20 of the game play reveal. LukeP specifically says "those may be some Easter eggs to some other pinball machines as well. "
Could it be a carnival themed game next? Either way once these start arriving we'll be able to find some clues.

I think the “Ride The Comet!” call-out when they hit the habit trail from the upper playfield is what they were talking about.

#12166 1 year ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

I think the “Ride The Comet!” call-out when they hit the habit trail from the upper playfield is what they were talking about.

Okay, I could buy that but, what could that possibly refer to?

#12167 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Comet (resized).pngComet (resized).png

#12168 1 year ago

I think the “Ride The Comet!” call-out when they hit the habit trail from the upper playfield is what they were talking about

Yeah, Comet, the actual game

Luke replied and said it's referring to other games like Comet. I misread that

#12169 1 year ago

Could be a reference to one of the finest films ever made, if we’re lucky.

Quoted from Var1AbL3:

AE9DFC49-BAF5-400F-A486-F035B5C52848 (resized).jpegAE9DFC49-BAF5-400F-A486-F035B5C52848 (resized).jpeg
#12170 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Could be a reference to one of the finest films ever made, if we’re lucky.
[quoted image]

My wife loves that movie.

#12171 1 year ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

It's obviously Killer Klowns from Outer Space

#12172 1 year ago

Funhouse 3.

#12173 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

That would be a great mode in the game!!

#12174 1 year ago

Sounds like something out of Futurama?

Would be a popular title for sure.

#12175 1 year ago

If you have RZ + ACNC… a poster for this upcoming tour hanging between then could be pretty awesome.

391C9B96-2693-4ECD-A2DB-4FD3249850A2 (resized).jpeg391C9B96-2693-4ECD-A2DB-4FD3249850A2 (resized).jpeg
#12176 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

If you have RZ + ACNC… a poster for this upcoming tour hanging between then could be pretty awesome.
[quoted image]

If you had both games , I don't think you would have a choice in getting this

#12177 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

[quoted image]

I want this and only have RZ. Would be an awesome
Banner or larger poster in the gameroom

#12178 1 year ago

I think if they do well with Scooby (and they will) they have to stick to broad titles like Scooby. A lot of their games are cool, but they are niche inside of niche. They hit their sweet spot here with a title that is feel good for everyone and fun.

#12179 1 year ago
Quoted from OGpinball:

I think if they do well with Scooby (and they will) they have to stick to broad titles like Scooby. A lot of their games are cool, but they are niche inside of niche. They hit their sweet spot here with a title that is feel good for everyone and fun.

I would rather see Spooky do a broad release like Scooby and then going back to their routes with a mature/horror release then back to a broader family release.

Gives us a nice mix of titles/themes and no one else but spooky is going to give us horror/mature pinball releases.

#12180 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

I would rather see Spooky do a broad release like Scooby and then going back to their routes with a mature/horror release then back to a broader family release.
Gives us a nice mix of titles/themes and no one else but spooky is going to give us horror/mature pinball releases.

I’m hoping for a Christmas theme this year. Even if it’s horror Christmas. I think that a small run of something like that and if they squeezed it in before their next big announcement would be awesome

#12181 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

I’m hoping for a Christmas theme this year. Even if it’s horror Christmas. I think that a small run of something like that and if they squeezed it in before their next big announcement would be awesome

It would be cool, but how do you "squeeze in" a small run? Every title has to hit the mark and Im sure Spooky isnt looking to build 200 games max anymore, unless they can get $20,000 for them.

#12182 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

It would be cool, but how do you "squeeze in" a small run? Every title has to hit the mark and Im sure Spooky isnt looking to build 200 games max anymore, unless they can get $20,000 for them.

I’d consider a small run anything under 1000… ideally around 500-600. Charge $9k a pop with the butter being extra. At 500 pins that a $4.5 million run. And at 50 a week they get the majority out for Xmas if announced in the fall. Especially if they just do one version as a BSE only or something cool

#12183 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

"The Christmas Story" would sell, sell, sell and I would be first in line. A Red Rider BB Gun? Bumpasses Dogs and a lit up Leg Lamp? Oh my...

#12184 1 year ago

Christmas….no thank you. How about something cool instead?

#12185 1 year ago

yeah a good holiday like Groundhog's Day

if the next theme is what I think it is, they could easily do a Christmas mode within that theme

#12186 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Hannuka?

#12187 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

IMG_20230201_064034 (resized).jpgIMG_20230201_064034 (resized).jpg
#12188 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

MV5BYzg2NWNhOWItYjA3Yi00MzhhLTg4ZmItYzM3ZTIwN2U0ZGQ5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzEyMDQzNzY@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_ (resized).jpgMV5BYzg2NWNhOWItYjA3Yi00MzhhLTg4ZmItYzM3ZTIwN2U0ZGQ5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzEyMDQzNzY@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_ (resized).jpg
#12189 1 year ago

The Krampus 2015 movie would be amazing! Perfect blend of comedy and horror. David Koechner doing call outs would kill!

#12190 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

This might do.

Bill Goldberg

santas-slay-goldberg (resized).jpgsantas-slay-goldberg (resized).jpg
#12191 1 year ago
Quoted from chad:

This might do.
Bill Goldberg
[quoted image]

Edit: Already mentioned...

#12192 1 year ago

Exactly why any Christmas could be fun on a limited run, one pin like BSE only, There’s A TON of options from legit Christmas movies to horror Christmas and even stuff like die hard. Might not be for everyone which is why limited works.

#12193 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Exactly why any Christmas could be fun on a limited run, one pin like BSE only, There’s A TON of options from legit Christmas movies to horror Christmas and even stuff like die hard. Might not be for everyone which is why limited works.

I don't think a 'christmas' themed game would really do well. I seriously think a company needs to consider something like what Spooky did with HWN/ULT.

A great playing pin that can be generically themed and swapped out via chips/drive (like Funhouse 2.0), swap out artwork...maybe even partial playfield like P3?
You'd still have to get licensing etc, and owners/operators would have to do the swaps....and would be cheaper overall.

In that sense, a Christmas theme, of many differen things (Die Hard, Krampus, Gremlins, Christmas Vacation) could be created.

I mean, what if all artwork (cab and pf) was basically LCD and it just changes with code? (again, kind of like P3, but not the same thing...thinking more like the transparent paper thin lcd paneling).

Far easier in technical aspect today than 20 years ago. There's still hurdles of course. If you make a turd in gameplay and try it, it's going to fail miserably in most aspects, but if you can pull the coding off - and not make it TOO identical from game to game....it might be a 'subscription' model for operators that don't cost them 10k every time.

#12194 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't think a 'christmas' themed game would really do well. I seriously think a company needs to consider something like what Spooky did with HWN/ULT.
A great playing pin that can be generically themed and swapped out via chips/drive (like Funhouse 2.0), swap out artwork...maybe even partial playfield like P3?
You'd still have to get licensing etc, and owners/operators would have to do the swaps....and would be cheaper overall.
In that sense, a Christmas theme, of many differen things (Die Hard, Krampus, Gremlins, Christmas Vacation) could be created.
I mean, what if all artwork (cab and pf) was basically LCD and it just changes with code? (again, kind of like P3, but not the same thing...thinking more like the transparent paper thin lcd paneling).
Far easier in technical aspect today than 20 years ago. There's still hurdles of course. If you make a turd in gameplay and try it, it's going to fail miserably in most aspects, but if you can pull the coding off - and not make it TOO identical from game to game....it might be a 'subscription' model for operators that don't cost them 10k every time.

what about a Lloyd Christmas themed pin? So you're saying there's a chance.

loydchristmas (resized).jpgloydchristmas (resized).jpg
#12195 1 year ago

I'm down for Dumb & Dumber. We can add some fur to the Mystery Machine for a Shaggin' Wagon. Also SOOOOOOO down for Futurama. Frank Welker did voice Nibbler.

#12196 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't think a 'christmas' themed game would really do well.

Elf would destroy.

#12197 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'm down for Dumb & Dumber. We can add some fur to the Mystery Machine for a Shaggin' Wagon. Also SOOOOOOO down for Futurama. Frank Welker did voice Nibbler.

King of the Hill is back, and Futurama is coming back. Timing couldn't be better.

#12198 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

King of the Hill is back, and Futurama is coming back. Timing couldn't be better.

46455720-C59E-4E8C-BA26-F090A79DCB3E.gif46455720-C59E-4E8C-BA26-F090A79DCB3E.gif
#12199 1 year ago
Quoted from OGpinball:

The Christmas Story" would sell, sell, sell and I would be first in line.

Ummm ya.... I believe they are called Spooky pinball???

#12200 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

and beavis and butthead is back as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods
Shooter rods
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market
Cabinet parts
Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
9,300 (OBO)
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
NinjaCamp Mods
Other
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,367 posts in this topic. You are on page 244 of 268.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/244 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.