pasted_image (resized).png
3C9BA9BC-456D-4182-B339-29D3A81D9ED9 (resized).jpeg
B365A12F-0E67-4D1C-9CF1-5E1C14F77CD1 (resized).jpeg
318E8EDF-7189-49A7-A431-6167A69BEC86 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20230207_201719 (resized).jpg
A805AA86-3FC6-4F71-855B-02A95BEE96E7 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191002_213421 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,363 posts in this topic. You are on page 234 of 248.
#11651 5 months ago

Data east Batman has the joker face that laughs at you, while your trying to hit the mouth and eye in a timed sequence. Pretty cool.

#11652 5 months ago

For those who think Scooby is too kiddie

https://www.polygon.com/nycc/23392767/velma-nycc-trailer-scooby-doo-mindy-kaling

I like the voice cast... Skeptical of the premise though

#11653 5 months ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Data east Batman has the joker face that laughs at you, while your trying to hit the mouth and eye in a timed sequence. Pretty cool.

It was a nice surprise to play that machine at the York Show yesterday. Haven’t seen one in years. It was way more fun than I remembered. If condition was better I’d have been tempted to purchase it.

#11654 5 months ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

It was a nice surprise to play that machine at the York Show yesterday. Haven’t seen one in years. It was way more fun than I remembered. If condition was better I’d have been tempted to purchase it.

I bought one here in Hawaii years ago with substantial playfield wear, but it plays good.

#11655 5 months ago
BD430AC5-C4E2-48EA-852A-635CD3006645 (resized).jpeg
#11656 5 months ago

Nice. Do you know how much they wanted for it ?

#11657 5 months ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

I bought one here in Hawaii years ago with substantial playfield wear, but it plays good.

There was no price listed on the machine and it had some playfield wear. It played pretty well considering the condition.
I’d purchase one in slightly better condition if the price wasn’t insane.

#11658 5 months ago

Paid 1300 for mine. Haven’t ever seen a repro playfield for sale.
Nice collection by the way!

#11659 5 months ago

The Boys would make a killer pin theme.

1EDC05A7-3BF8-4C56-9CEE-EDB45E828E90.gif
1 week later
#11660 5 months ago

So has everyone given up on the next title? It's gotten quiet in here.

#11661 5 months ago

Halloween build is coming to an end soon. When will Spooky announce the next game?

#11662 5 months ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

So has everyone given up on the next title? It's gotten quiet in here.

It's not shipping till next fall/winter and there seems to be a consensus on what the theme will be, so...it'll be quiet for a while

#11663 5 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It's not shipping till next fall/winter and there seems to be a consensus on what the theme will be, so...it'll be quiet for a while

Did I miss something? Spooky is not making any games during the first 3 quarters of 2023?

#11664 5 months ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Did I miss something? Spooky is not making any games during the first 3 quarters of 2023?

They're still making Halloweens, Ultramans, and TNA's

Ben Heck mentioned he was coding Spooky's late 2023 release...so I expect the reveal to be next late summer and start shipping that late fall.

#11665 5 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Ben Heck mentioned he was coding Spooky's late 2023 release...so I expect the reveal to be next late summer and start shipping that late fall.

Yes, but HWN/UM is only a couple dozen units from being completed. People started getting SEs a few weeks ago. It also seems they are on track to complete TNA by end of year, give or take. There must be something else in the works.

#11666 5 months ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Yes, but HWN/UM is only a couple dozen units from being completed. People started getting SEs a few weeks ago. It also seems they are on track to complete TNA by end of year, give or take. There must be something else in the works.

Guess we will find out soon enough. Maybe they do have an early release in 2023. Idk what Eric Priepke is working on at Spooky. It could be that?

#11667 5 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

As a guy that loves a little macabre in my games...it sure would be nice to get some info (anything really) on the next spooky release.
As an aside... it looks like I am closing in on a deal for my favorite spooky game, Alice Cooper

Since we aren't getting any recent info on the next spooky pin (Scooby Doo is the strongest rumor, however)...I will add that I finally took delivery on my ACNC! Yay!!!

PXL_20221019_163111160 (resized).jpgPXL_20221019_163119872 (resized).jpg
#11668 5 months ago

My TNA CE unboxing

#11669 5 months ago

its probably best for spooky to delay their next title to produce a more polished game out of the gates. its a short term inconvenience but a good long term solution.

#11670 5 months ago

I think this is what they are currently doing. I believe the next game is likely the past whitewood stage and in the process of being coded while they finish HWN UM and TNA. I’d bet money that the new release will be far more fleshed out than RAM HWN UM were. Spooky are adapting and growing and they are getting my NIB money over any other manufacturers based on the fact they are a family business, have great customer service and most importantly they choose themes that resonate with me and the games are f’n awesome.

Quoted from Lopa:

its probably best for spooky to delay their next title to produce a more polished game out of the gates. its a short term inconvenience but a good long term solution.

#11671 5 months ago

So, Beetlejuice is out because of a killer and a pervert…but Beetlejuice 2 was just announced…with an incredible cast! maybe not the next Spooky…but hoping in 18-24 months!

#11672 5 months ago

Here is one….
“What we do in the Shadows”

It is spooky, crass, funny and vulgar

#11673 5 months ago

Nightmare before Christmas, Beetlejuice, The Shining, Scream, Young Frankenstein, It

That's my wishlist

#11674 5 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

So, Beetlejuice is out because of a killer and a pervert

Whatcha mean?

#11675 5 months ago

Jeffrey Jones and Alec Baldwin.

#11676 5 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Jeffrey Jones and Alec Baldwin.

I knew baldwin was a POS but never heard about Jeffrey Jones. And to make it even better he's a buffalo NY native... *sigh*

#11677 5 months ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

I knew baldwin was a POS but never heard about Jeffrey Jones. And to make it even better he's a buffalo NY native... *sigh*

Dream theme for me…but untouchable…thus Beetlejuice 2!

#11678 5 months ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Dream theme for me…but untouchable…thus Beetlejuice 2!

I'd still take a cartoon version

#11679 5 months ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

I'd still take a cartoon version

Licensing would be a nightmare I’m assuming…I’m sure those 2 have rights or connections to all of it somewhere..too much for a pinball company to wade into.

#11680 5 months ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Baldwin doesn’t effect the shadow being a great game and ghostbusters sells like hot cakes and that game was designed by a nonce, so as much as a dislike the above especially Jones does any of that really stop a game being made or untouchable?

Obviously you don’t want to put money in either of their pockets but beetlejuice was filmed back when actors didn’t license themselves separately so if there’s a way to get around sending those pair money it would make one hell of a theme.

#11681 5 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Baldwin doesn’t effect the shadow being a great game and ghostbusters sells like hot cakes and that game was designed by a nonce, so as much as a dislike the above especially Jones does any of that really stop a game being made or untouchable?
Obviously you don’t want to put money in either of their pockets but beetlejuice was filmed back when actors didn’t license themselves separately so if there’s a way to get around sending those pair money it would make one hell of a theme.

I’d love it being made…but Ben Heck…who would know…says it’s not going to happen. With this cancel culture, and I know it’s nuts, it would be a huge risk for any pin company to do it…and there’s enough risk just being in the pinball manufacturing game.

If it’s made, a day one buy for me…but I’m not holding my breath.

#11682 5 months ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

From the recent delivery numbers, they should be finished any time now running Halloweens and Ultramans. So going full in on TNAs would be a few weeks more. Perhaps they will be making an announcement for early next year with production lines ready to go immediately

#11683 5 months ago

#11684 4 months ago

So how’s Scooby-Doo coming along?

#11685 4 months ago

I'd love to see Spooky do Beetlejuice. I'd prefer them to base it on number 1 or 2 or both lol

FB_IMG_1667257230673 (resized).jpg
#11686 4 months ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

Nice. Do you know how much they wanted for it ?

Turns out it was $3500. I guess that’s fair with prices as stupid high as they are.

Fun machine!

#11687 4 months ago

It would seem fitting for a company named Spooky Pinball to release or at least tease the next release on Halloween.

#11688 4 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I’m with you we’re is SCOOBY DOO. BRING IT ON SPOOKY.

#11689 4 months ago

Rocky horror picture show….

Just saying. I’d play it. Haha

The licensing has to be dirt cheap compared to other titles, it would stick with their style, the call outs have to be f*ing hilarious, and it would be a great ‘adult mode’ game.

#11691 4 months ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

Rocky horror picture show….

Frank-N-Furter's Multi-Balls!

#11693 4 months ago

Probably cost/licensure prohibitive but Child's Play/Chucky seems to be a great game just screaming to be mad..."Wanna play?"...adult version; "you don't fu** with the Chuck!"

#11696 4 months ago

If you went full funhouse Rudy on this it’d be freaky as hell. Could have some great call outs too.

#11697 4 months ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I predict Scooby Doo will blow up Spooky’s website just like HW did. Then the FOMO/flavor of the month crowd will start to complain about the early code, wait times, etc. spots will begin to change hands. It will be championed as the greatest game ever by some and the worst by others.

1 week later
#11698 4 months ago

There is really only one title I can think of now that would make me an instant buyer of the next Spooky pin. That would be Return of the Living Dead and they have to get Linnea Quigley for the call outs.

Return-of-the-Living-Dead-3 (resized).jpg
#11699 4 months ago

Only titles I would be interested in would be The Thing, Predator, or Megadeth.

#11700 4 months ago

It’s gonna be “They Live”. They already have a connection with it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Laporte, IN
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
There are 12,363 posts in this topic. You are on page 234 of 248.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/234 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.