7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 232 of 269.
#11551 1 year ago

I'm still reeling from my last pin purchase, so I'm sitting out the pins that have been recently announced, but dammit if a good Escape from New York wouldn't get me off my ass.

#11552 1 year ago

The world loves / hates / likes / dislikes / enjoys Keanu Reeves movies: Matrix, John Wick and even Speed. So why not retry licensing John Wick?

#11553 1 year ago

Someone put me in contact with Nintendo. My girls went to the Midwest Gaming Classic as Link and Zelda one year and Mario and Luigi the next. So many great licenses. I think Legend of Zelda would be my most desired license behind only Harry Potter.

#11554 1 year ago

Evil Dead, Evil Dead, Evil Dead

#11555 1 year ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Bug is there a chance that there will be another John Carpenter movie as a future release?
Hopefully Ben was trolling us when he said that there will not.

A chance? Absolutely. We plan on making games till the sun burns out of the sky, and that leaves us with plenty of time to get back to a Carpenter title some day!

#11556 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

A chance? Absolutely. We plan on making games till the sun burns out of the sky, and that leaves us with plenty of time to get back to a Carpenter title some day!

The Thing!

#11557 1 year ago

No on:
Evil dead
Killer klowns
Or any other now recently overhyped "b" movie flicks...sleepaway camp you there?

Yes on:
Classic horror(we need a hammer pin Bug)
Texas Chainsaw
Tokyo gore police (please just for me)

Scooby will be a make or break pin if its on the horizon. That license is money and so much content. I love my Halloween. So I see so much potential in this group. I hear they are getting some fresh new talent very soon
Go get em spooky

#11558 1 year ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

Go family friendly and license
Luigi’s mansion from Nintendo.

Can we leave the kiddy themes to JJP and Stern please, we need at least one adult pinball manufacturer

#11559 1 year ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Can we leave the kiddy themes to JJP and Stern please, we need at least one adult pinball manufacturer

I wouldnt be opposed to this. Its horror based and again...would make bank and keep spooky in the position to make 'on the side' pins that might not sell 1000s of units. Games dont make themselves and it would be good to have some money in the bank. Games like that or scooby keep the dream alive for the boutique pins to still exist.

#11560 1 year ago

Do we know if Spooky already has the Scooby license? All this interest in Scooby Doo might make Stern take notice, havent they scooped up licenses previously just to keep other companies from being able to use them.

#11561 1 year ago
Quoted from crassmage:

No on:
Evil dead
Killer klowns
Or any other now recently overhyped "b" movie flicks...sleepaway camp you there?
Yes on:
Classic horror(we need a hammer pin Bug)
Texas Chainsaw
Tokyo gore police (please just for me)
Scooby will be a make or break pin if its on the horizon. That license is money and so much content. I love my Halloween. So I see so much potential in this group. I hear they are getting some fresh new talent very soon
Go get em spooky

Evil Dead is hardly 'recently overhyped'. Texas Chainsaw is overrated on many levels and blah.

I'd rather have a Psycho Goreman pin than that, at least it has some personality.

#11562 1 year ago

My loose recollection was several years ago The Pinball Company got the Jetsons license and it was implied they also had Scooby Doo. That's how the Spooky Jetsons game came about.

No idea who has the Scooby Doo license now. I'd think The Pinball Company would have let it expired instead of trying to renew it.

Scooby Doo is a great theme for any manufacturer.

#11563 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Evil Dead is hardly 'recently overhyped'. Texas Chainsaw is overrated on many levels and blah.
I'd rather have a Psycho Goreman pin than that, at least it has some personality.

Exactly.
Evil Dead is a classic and has had a major following for as long as I can remember.

#11564 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I think you have to be thinking about callout potential when looking for a theme. Some movies that seem like a great idea wouldn’t have much in that department. Halloween for instance has some challenges there, though I like the way they’ve made the clips work so far. The Bruce Campbell stuff is a popular idea if for no other reason than because the callouts would be great. Patrick Warburton is another actor that would do great callouts but I have no idea what theme he’d go with… The Tick or Series of Unfortunate Events maybe.

#11565 1 year ago

My number one dream theme. A pin based off NES Legend of Zelda. Just the first one!!!

Quoted from lpeters82:

Someone put me in contact with Nintendo. My girls went to the Midwest Gaming Classic as Link and Zelda one year and Mario and Luigi the next. So many great licenses. I think Legend of Zelda would be my most desired license behind only Harry Potter.

#11566 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

My number one dream theme. A pin based off NES Legend of Zelda. Just the first one!!!

I'll take A Link To The Past. I do like the original, but I just love the looks of the SNES. Plus you get the Dark World and Master Sword. I would have to borrow, "It's dangerous to go alone!" from the first game.

#11567 1 year ago

A link to the past is a great game but nothing beats the original dungeon crawler for me.

Quoted from lpeters82:

I'll take A Link To The Past. I do like the original, but I just love the looks of the SNES. Plus you get the Dark World and Master Sword.

#11568 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'll take A Link To The Past. I do like the original, but I just love the looks of the SNES. Plus you get the Dark World and Master Sword.

I would actually be in for that. However, I think if you based it on OoT it would sell better, just like I think FF6(3) is a far superior game to FF7, but FF7 is what everyone knows and loves.

#11569 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I would actually be in for that. However, I think if you based it on OoT it would sell better, just like I think FF6(3) is a far superior game to FF7, but FF7 is what everyone knows and loves.

I don't disagree with anything you've said. Ocarina of Time is super popular. A little overrated in my opinion, but I have fond memories playing it. I actually think the N64, as a whole, is a bit overrated. I actually sold my entire collection at Pinball Expo a few years back. I had the gold system, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Smash Bros, Snowboard Kids, etc. Don't get me wrong, there are still great games, but so many people treat it like it's the best system of all time. Have you played Link's Awakening DX? I think it's probably the most underrated of the Zelda games.

I sold off a good chunk of my gaming collection to get into pinball but I kept this...

16627459531525059412850805701840 (resized).jpg16627459531525059412850805701840 (resized).jpg

#11570 1 year ago

N64 is crazy overrated as a console. It aged terribly. (And the controller always kinda sucked)

#11571 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I don't disagree with anything you've said. Ocarina of Time is super popular. A little overrated in my opinion, but I have fond memories playing it. I actually think the N64, as a whole, is a bit overrated. I actually sold my entire collection at Pinball Expo a few years back. I had the gold system, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Smash Bros, Snowboard Kids, etc. Don't get me wrong, there are still great games, but so many people treat it like it's the best system of all time. Have you played Link's Awakening DX? I think it's probably the most underrated of the Zelda games.
I sold off a good chunk of my gaming collection to get into pinball but I kept this...
[quoted image]

With you there, LttP is my favorite of the series. I never could get into the N64 even though I really tried. I wanted to like OoT and moreso Majora's Mask since it was a darker theme, but it's such a cloogy time for games (PSX/N64) when 3D was..just ugly.

The last Zelda's I ever finished would be the Season of Oracle/Ages set. (And later Link Between Worlds which I think is great too). I started to play Link's Awakening multiple times over the years but for what ever reason never got far into it. I am planning on starting the remake soon though. Honestly though, I would be happy with a generic Zelda themed pin, but which art style would you go with? They all have their own charm.

#11572 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Honestly though, I would be happy with a generic Zelda themed pin, but which art style would you go with? They all have their own charm.

Good question. I like the idea that each game is a retelling of the same legend, passed down through multiple cultures. Each cluture puts its own twist on the story, thus the differences we've seen in the games. I'm somewhat drawn to the stained glass as the medium for storytelling from Wind Waker. Perhaps display them on an LCD mounted in a window of the Temple of Time. I even like how they have items in a separate circle on the top. That would be cool to allow the player to cycle through and use various items as they collect them. For example, maybe they can only pass through a certain drop target if the bomb is equipped or the boomerang collects rupees and hearts at neighboring targets when you hit the main shot.

images (3) (resized).jpegimages (3) (resized).jpeg

#11573 1 year ago

The Links Awakening remake is soooo good. Really liked its unique art take. Also just a very good Zelda game

#11574 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

The Links Awakening remake is soooo good. Really liked its unique art take. Also just a very good Zelda game

My son and I played the hell out of it when it first came out. Really captured the vibe and feel of the original Legend of Zelda.
Great game.

#11575 1 year ago

The style of whomever did this. Gorgeous.

Quoted from Zablon:

With you there, LttP is my favorite of the series. I never could get into the N64 even though I really tried. I wanted to like OoT and moreso Majora's Mask since it was a darker theme, but it's such a cloogy time for games (PSX/N64) when 3D was..just ugly.
The last Zelda's I ever finished would be the Season of Oracle/Ages set. (And later Link Between Worlds which I think is great too). I started to play Link's Awakening multiple times over the years but for what ever reason never got far into it. I am planning on starting the remake soon though. Honestly though, I would be happy with a generic Zelda themed pin, but which art style would you go with? They all have their own charm.

AF499C3A-29D1-4764-B28B-810B10C06353 (resized).jpegAF499C3A-29D1-4764-B28B-810B10C06353 (resized).jpeg
#11576 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Exactly.
Evil Dead is a classic and has had a major following for as long as I can remember.

Bruce Campbell ….

3D5649C8-5E5E-472B-8619-17612D9955EA (resized).jpeg3D5649C8-5E5E-472B-8619-17612D9955EA (resized).jpeg
#11577 1 year ago

But it’s Luigi. How much could he cost.

Death stare multiball.
Tour the mansion.
Boss battle wizard modes..
Could have cool lighting with a simulated flashlight. When needing to clear a room…
A theme song that for some reason just never gets old.
Have a knight figure who try to hit the ball as it passes…
Animated chandelier in the back box…..that drops…. Ghosts circle it…. It can drop to crush luigi…

I’m really would insta buy a Luigi mansion pin….

I’d be all in for Buffy the vampire slayer too.

#11578 1 year ago

Ok. Saw feedback above… no more kid games…. Resident Evil it is.
Or…. 1. Luigi mansion version, the other 2. resident evil.

Zelda would be awesome. Thumbs up

#11579 1 year ago

How about a Krusty the Clown pin. Simpsons with a slightly darker twist…Side Show Bob could be in it too.

#11580 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

How about a Krusty the Clown pin. Simpsons with a slightly darker twist…Side Show Bob could be in it too.

Ohh… Side Show Bob please!! Nice idea!

#11581 1 year ago

Nintendo is very protective of their IPs. No way in the world they license any of their IPs to small boutique pinball, unless to an already connected big company that once owned Sega….Even then its doubtful.

#11582 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I think what you mean is a Tree House Of Horror pin and yes, yes, 1000 times yes.

#11583 1 year ago

Phantasm

1. Perfect for Spooky with great, iconic music.
2. Don Coscarelli still does the convention circuit, and Angus Scrimm embraced the movies until he passed away a few years ago. Licensing shouldn’t be problematic (versus Friday the 13th).
3. The 1971 Plymouth ‘Cuda, arguably one of the top five movie cars ever.
4. Varied mode possibilities… grave robbing, hooded aliens, bald ponytail acoustic guitar singers, chicks that turn into the Tall Man… and the ball.

Fun fact: JJ Abrams was such a fan that he named the lead Storm Trooper in The Force Awakens after this movie… Captain Phasma.
D64E2D0C-A29C-4785-AEEE-5C176F8D5D7D (resized).jpegD64E2D0C-A29C-4785-AEEE-5C176F8D5D7D (resized).jpeg

#11584 1 year ago

Listen, I love all the Nintendo stuff too…but as a pinball theme?!??

A1F1FE64-16FE-4AB9-9F0D-64A6D7386CDB (resized).pngA1F1FE64-16FE-4AB9-9F0D-64A6D7386CDB (resized).png
#11585 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'll take A Link To The Past. I do like the original, but I just love the looks of the SNES. Plus you get the Dark World and Master Sword. I would have to borrow, "It's dangerous to go alone!" from the first game.

I was going to do a homebrew on zelda, and I was thinking of doing all the zelda games in the game. You play into each game. All the music, and graphics change to the era of zelda you are playing Every cartridge has objectives and dungeons to do and complete. and a mini wizard mode for each successfully completed cartridge/game. Been working on the rules and scoring for years. Just don't have the time to actually do the physical aspects of it.

#11586 1 year ago

Did someone say SNES?!?

#11587 1 year ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I was going to do a homebrew on zelda, and I was thinking of doing all the zelda games in the game. You play into each game. All the music, and graphics change to the era of zelda you are playing Every cartridge has objectives and dungeons to do and complete. and a mini wizard mode for each successfully completed cartridge/game. Been working on the rules and scoring for years. Just don't have the time to actually do the physical aspects of it.

Very cool, hope you get some time to build it one day, my choice for one Zelda would be ocarina of time, still my all time favourite Zelda game and one of the best games ever made, fantastic story and the time travel mechanic with the master sword was fantastic.

#11588 1 year ago

If it’s Zelda I hope visually you make Link look pre Ocarina of Time but have Gorons and other creatures from throughout the series. Basically I would like Link and Ganon himself to appear more classic but everything else is up for grabs like you need to have Ganondorf. As for Zelda herself the resent Smash Brothers version is amazing.

#11589 1 year ago

They live needs to be made, but who would replace Piper, “Nada” on callouts?

#11590 1 year ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

They live needs to be made, but who would replace Piper, “Nada” on callouts?

Keith David

2AB775FF-0FB8-42BD-B233-8CA19E78F02E (resized).jpeg2AB775FF-0FB8-42BD-B233-8CA19E78F02E (resized).jpeg
#11591 1 year ago
3dc841d3171d6c6eb0370c2dc34eb91d.gif3dc841d3171d6c6eb0370c2dc34eb91d.gif
#11592 1 year ago

I vote Killer Klowns

You have the Klown Kar / Ice Cream Truck / Tent

Many many different things plus it’s in a resurgence with New Video Game + Spirit Halloween getting stronger sales each year

Instant sight unseen buy for me

482A2DF6-7D23-4E3B-B385-3C560DBB2558 (resized).jpeg482A2DF6-7D23-4E3B-B385-3C560DBB2558 (resized).jpeg
#11593 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

[quoted image]

Stephen King and John Carpenter definitely FTW

#11594 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Eddie:

Stephen King and John Carpenter definitely FTW

Damn right.

Add Raimi to that list.

#11595 1 year ago

Scooby Doo is going to be fantastic.

#11596 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Scooby Doo is going to be fantastic.

I loved Scooby Doo as a kid, the original was one of the greatest cartoons, and Toystory 1 was a great movie. As an adult I don't see the appeal and rather have tron or an adult theme.
Serious question, are these aimed for children or adults? Because I have kids, I would prefer the Scooby Doo over a TS4 if I had to choose.

#11597 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

[quoted image]

Here’s a backglass I had made.

AB044CD7-B644-4E03-926F-3A0447B5D3C3 (resized).pngAB044CD7-B644-4E03-926F-3A0447B5D3C3 (resized).png
#11598 1 year ago

EVIL DEAD 2 OR BUST!!

31DaysOfHorror-02_EvilDead2-04 (resized).jpg31DaysOfHorror-02_EvilDead2-04 (resized).jpgUVL4oVwkpQgbC (resized).pngUVL4oVwkpQgbC (resized).png
#11599 1 year ago

Should be something from Cult Classic category. HW was a cult classic and it seems to have sold pretty well.

My vote is for Fight Club v It could have project mayhem mode where you destroy everything.

#11600 1 year ago

Halloween make $70 million worldwide in 1978, on a $ 325 K budget! that's $ 317 million today.
It was the most successful independent film for decades.
So not a cult movie...

Not arguing... just some facts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 232 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/232 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.