7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 231 of 269.
#11501 1 year ago

Let's hope they keep the Carpenter vibe going and tackle The Thing next. Stunning soundtrack by the master of music Ennio Morricone.

Keep the adult themes going... no more kiddie games!! F-U Toy Story.

#11502 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well I don't know what is happening with Scooby at this point, but this really makes it sound like ED is not the next game

Alrighty....... Let's go The Thing!

#11503 1 year ago

Id probably be in if they did a full moon version of puppetmaster

#11504 1 year ago

I still think The Last Starfighter would be a good theme. I already kind of designed it and part of the ruleset years ago. Do we have lifesize holograms in pinball yet?

#11505 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:Agreed, and in the case of the Medusa...I love that game, but even HEP doesn't make it worth what is being asked.

I'd love that HEP Flash Gordon, though. Just bad timing.

#11506 1 year ago

BEETLEJUICE, BEETLEJUICE, BEETLEJUICE!!!

#11507 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I still think The Last Starfighter would be a good theme. I already kind of designed it and part of the ruleset years ago. Do we have lifesize holograms in pinball yet?

<recordbreaker>

#11508 1 year ago

Season 4! More great content for pinball. This must happen!

what-we-do-in-the-shadows-season-3-poster-2762613036 (resized).jpgwhat-we-do-in-the-shadows-season-3-poster-2762613036 (resized).jpg
#11509 1 year ago

What We Do in the Shadows is an awesome show with some fun lines, but not too sure how it would translate into a game.

That said, I think Matt Berry is hilarious and would do a phenomenal job providing callouts/narration for a game.

#11510 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

What We Do in the Shadows is an awesome show with some fun lines, but not too sure how it would translate into a game.
That said, I think Matt Berry is hilarious and would do a phenomenal job providing callouts/narration for a game.

I agree Matt Berry would be great for callouts. I would actually put IT Crowd over What We Do in Shadows as a better pinball theme. No idea if either would actually sell, but it'd be entertaining.

#11511 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I agree Matt Berry would be great for callouts. I would actually put IT Crowd over What We Do in Shadows as a better pinball theme. No idea if either would actually sell, but it'd be entertaining.

Now I'm thinking about Stern's Godzilla with Matt Berry as an English tv reporter (I like the dry voice actor for Godzilla a lot too). Or Jurassic Park as a snarky nature documentary narrator.

He reminds me of Phil Hartman's uncanny ability to elevate an average line into comedic gold.

#11512 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Season 4! More great content for pinball. This must happen!
[quoted image]

Vampire orgy multiball?

#11513 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Holy Moses that’s the lowest up down ratio I’ve seen on here LMAO. I’m a lunatic and I still have like 78% ups haha.

You have to intentionally spew shit or have a major personality disorder to have a thumbs ratio that low. I thought Debbie downers ratio was low until you pointed this out.

CF0149F0-B46C-4A9D-B23B-5CCB2958137D (resized).jpegCF0149F0-B46C-4A9D-B23B-5CCB2958137D (resized).jpeg
#11514 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

What We Do in the Shadows is an awesome show with some fun lines,

I much prefer the original movie to the TV show.

But hey - it was created and filmed here so I’m probably biased.

Dunno what happened to the planned Swear Wolves follow up movie. I guess Taika is to busy these days!

Fun Fact - one of my good buddies went to school with all those guys down in Wellington. Taika, Jermaine, a bunch of successful creative types were all in the same class at school.

rd

#11515 1 year ago
Quoted from trecemaneras:

But your suggested improvements *do* take away from what it is. Others have pointed out repeatedly that it’s an early 80’s early SS inspired throwback game. It seems like you’re saying, “but I don’t want an early 80’s early SS throwback game.”
Cool. Don’t buy one?
You’ve suggested putting it in a modern size cabinet, adding toys, and adding ramps, when hallmarks of the games it’s a throwback to are, smaller cabinet, no gimmicky toys, and single levels (which the smaller cabinet is specifically designed to complement) Throw in all your suggestions, and it’s no longer a unique game. You’ve turned it into just one more game just like every single other game made in the last 20+ years.

I think some people are missing the point. I don't recall large LCD screens on 80s games, modern synthwave, or led light shows. SO some modern upgrades you are okay with, some fusion is ok for you. My original point was, how could this be improved in a future 3.0 version, and why is this not sold out for a game so hyped?

From these negative posts no one seems to have a clue other then "priced too high", no ideas good or bad, it's easy to trash ideas when you don't have any, and that is why I guess it wont happen, because from a business standpoint I don't know how you ever consider a 3.0 if 2.0 struggles to sell out of what you might consider the smallest run feasible. I do think that is sad because TNA is far better then a TS4 or whatever heavy plastic decal overloaded pin stern is pushing.

#11516 1 year ago

Ok I did think of one fun idea. Collin Robinson mode.

All GI lighting goes gray.

phase one single ball, timed, shoot shots to dim inserts/areas until they are off. Interject random Collinisms as he drains peoples spirits

Phase two multiball battle the emotional vampire collecting jackpots based off performance in phase one. Collect sjp to finish.

Phase three riding the bus victory laps.

#11517 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyler_Durden:

I think some people are missing the point.

“Inspired”…it’s not an 80s pin, it was inspired by 80s pin. A modern pin, but inspired by an 80s pin. What you are suggesting is a totally different take on “inspired”. It wouldn’t be TNA…2.0, 3.0, whatever…just a totally different pin. So, if you want to keep you point, just say you have an idea for an 80s inspired pin that is not TNA.

#11518 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well I don't know what is happening with Scooby at this point, but this really makes it sound like ED is not the next game

I agree, Scooby Doo but make sure its the movie or modern version.

#11519 1 year ago

I think some people are missing the point. I don't recall large LCD screens on 80s games, modern synthwave, or led light shows. SO some modern upgrades you are okay with, some fusion is ok for you. My original point was, how could this be improved in a future 3.0 version, and why is this not sold out for a game so hyped?
From these negative posts no one seems to have a clue other then "priced too high", no ideas good or bad, it's easy to trash ideas when you don't have any, and that is why I guess it wont happen, because from a business standpoint I don't know how you ever consider a 3.0 if 2.0 struggles to sell out of what you might consider the smallest run feasible. I do think that is sad because TNA is far better then a TS4 or whatever heavy plastic decal overloaded pin stern is pushing.

For me it’s a matter of bad timing financially.
I’m fixin to drop 25k on a new tractor and probably another 6-8k on a hydraulic dump trailer and the timing is just off. I’m not really bitching about the price, rather I just have other pressing commitments I need to take care of right now.
I’m going to buy one, just not in the next month or so.

#11520 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

But hey - it was created and filmed here so I’m probably biased.
Dunno what happened to the planned Swear Wolves follow up movie. I guess Taika is to busy these days!
Fun Fact - one of my good buddies went to school with all those guys down in Wellington. Taika, Jermaine, a bunch of successful creative types were all in the same class at school.
rd

My wife and I feel the same.
We absolutely adore the movie, but had a hard time with the series.
I know a lot of people really like the series, so maybe we should give it another try.
That said, the movie set the bar so high and was such a perfect flick that it’s really hard to compact the two.

#11521 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

“Inspired”…it’s not an 80s pin, it was inspired by 80s pin. A modern pin, but inspired by an 80s pin. What you are suggesting is a totally different take on “inspired”. It wouldn’t be TNA…2.0, 3.0, whatever…just a totally different pin. So, if you want to keep you point, just say you have an idea for an 80s inspired pin that is not TNA.

I don't agree, you can't seem to think outside of the box. I think there is a market for this license outside of the limited 80's play field and dwarf cabinet, it can be expanded. It can grow, is can fuse. I understand YOU dont like that idea, but it also does not take away from you owning the original, you have the choice.

Lamborghini makes a very popular SUV now. They realized their license was not limited to only sport cars. Ford has added the Mustang name to an electric SUV, it is also very much in high demand now. The list goes on and on. So your argument about the "original idea" has zero weight. In the real world ideas can expand, evolve, and get better.

Lamborghini Urus Super SUV Leads Record Sales Surge
The models that contributed to breaking the sales record were the Urus Super SUV, with 5,021 units delivered, the V10-powered Huracán, with 2,586 units delivered, and the V12 Aventador, with 798 units delivered.

#11522 1 year ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

BEETLEJUICE, BEETLEJUICE, BEETLEJUICE!!!

Jeffrey Jones. Alec Baldwin.

Not happening.

#11523 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Not happening.

Why must you continually ruin everyone's dreams, Ben? I mean, I agree sadly, but man would I love a Beetlejuice pin.

#11524 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Quoted from Coindork:

We absolutely adore the movie, but had a hard time with the series.

I resisted the show for quite a while as well, due to how much I loved the movie, but the central 5 characters and how they and their chemistry develop in the show - absolutely golden! Guillermo, to name just one, just keeps getting funnier and funnier!

#11525 1 year ago
Quoted from trecemaneras:

Guillermo, to name just one, just keeps getting funnier and funnier!

and Nandor, fuckging guy.

#11526 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

So is Scooby doo is spooky’s next?

It very well might be. Alot of us have asked for Spooky to do SCOOBY DOO like crazy and the rumor is it will be I’m hoping it is.

#11527 1 year ago

I don't agree, you can't seem to think outside of the box. I think there is a market for this license outside of the limited 80's play field and dwarf cabinet, it can be expanded. It can grow, is can fuse. I understand YOU dont like that idea, but it also does not take away from you owning the original, you have the choice.
Lamborghini makes a very popular SUV now. They realized their license was not limited to only sport cars. Ford has added the Mustang name to an electric SUV, it is also very much in high demand now. The list goes on and on. So your argument about the "original idea" has zero weight. In the real world ideas can expand, evolve, and get better.
Lamborghini Urus Super SUV Leads Record Sales Surge
The models that contributed to breaking the sales record were the Urus Super SUV, with 5,021 units delivered, the V10-powered Huracán, with 2,586 units delivered, and the V12 Aventador, with 798 units delivered.

The changing TNA to something with ramps, plastic gadgets, etc would be a convergence to what is on trend that moves the most units rather than an evolution. This is similar to your analogy with Lamborghini and their SUV. While moving units is a business success it doesn't make the product sold more interesting or better.

The car analogy is also a good fit for my personal perspective, in that I'd rather have the V12 Aventador that is an evolution of the Countache than an Urus, which is assimilation to the prevailing trends already well served by other makes and models.

#11528 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Not happening.

Why not base it off the cartoon? I know it’s not a good but we can still have The theme.

1D4E56E9-DA5B-400A-A341-45E8AA7F70DA (resized).png1D4E56E9-DA5B-400A-A341-45E8AA7F70DA (resized).png
#11529 1 year ago
Quoted from jjga:

The changing TNA to something with ramps, plastic gadgets, etc would be …

Changing anything on TNA would make it no longer …. a TNA.

It is what it is. People wishing it should be something it isn’t should move along and buy something else …

rd

#11530 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

FF1ECA4F-C3D8-4F5B-9C66-F7756C430F19.gifFF1ECA4F-C3D8-4F5B-9C66-F7756C430F19.gif

#11531 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Changing anything on TNA would make it no longer …. a TNA.
It is what it is. People wishing it should be something it isn’t should move along and buy something else …
rd

I wish TNA was MM. Does that about cover it?

#11532 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I wish TNA was MM. Does that about cover it?

I wish TNA was …. T n’ A !!

Ha!

rd

#11533 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

People wishing it should be something it isn’t should move along and buy something else..

EXACTLY

This is the point we’ve been making over and over, but Ed Norton is determined to miss it!

He is equally determined to miss the point that putting fucking ramps and toys on TNA just turns it into every game from the last 2+ decades.

Like BRUH, your fucking avatar comes from a story written by a gay man bemoaning the dehumanizing evils of capitalism, and here you are advocating for reducing the unique, idiosyncratic, artistic vision of a gifted designer to homogenize it into just another 2010's game rolling off the factory line in the name of SELLING MORE UNITS. Lmfaoooooooooooo my guy I could never make this shit up!

#11534 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I wish TNA was …. T n’ A !!
Ha!
rd

Haha, so that's actually a little part of the name of the game!

It's about 30 seconds from the point I time stamped the video at 2m25s

#11535 1 year ago

Funny seeing Dark Shadows mentioned. I was just Spinning the vinyl today...

PXL_20220908_032325576 (resized).jpgPXL_20220908_032325576 (resized).jpg
#11536 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

+1 for The Last Starfighter.
While we are dreaming, please add KRULL and Clash Of The Titans to the list (the original, not the remake).

#11537 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

AFAIK just AoD. Once Amazon finishes swallowing MGM it might be in the cards again. Same with Fox. Everything's on hold while the rat devours it.

Ben what about Ash Vs Evil dead?

#11538 1 year ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Ben what about Ash Vs Evil dead?

Shhhhh Ben is busy coding guys. He shouldn't be in here crushing everyone's licensing dreams!

#11539 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Shhhhh Ben is busy coding guys. He shouldn't be in here crushing everyone's licensing dreams!

Bossman done found out. Don't believe Ben when he minimizes his current window when you storm in

time-theif-fire-him.giftime-theif-fire-him.gif
#11540 1 year ago

Yeah, there’s gonna be a ton of coding hours for Bible Adventures.
BIBLES A HUGE BOOK.

Quoted from SpookyBug:

#11541 1 year ago

Yeah, this is going to be a Bruce Campbell pin, like the Bill Paxton pin. This is why Ben needs to get to coding.

Bruce Campbell Revenge of the Chin Pin

#11542 1 year ago

Bible Adventures may be under rated. Shoot a ball in Goliath’s mouth, part the Red Sea mech. Don’t get me started on the Revelations mini mode!

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Yeah, there’s gonna be a ton of coding hours for Bible Adventures.
BIBLES A HUGE BOOK.

#11543 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

SCREAM
SAW
Freddy
Jason
Conjuring/Annabelle

Would love a line of horror themed pins from the kings of spook

#11544 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyBug:

Bug is there a chance that there will be another John Carpenter movie as a future release?
Hopefully Ben was trolling us when he said that there will not.

#11545 1 year ago

For almost 20 years my wife said that there should be a Halloween pinball machine. I always told her that it would NEVER happen. Now we own AMH, RZ and Halloween! It’s so exciting knowing that what was once a dream as far as title releases go is now very Possible!

Our new wish list of titles:

Scooby Doo
Ash Vs Evil Dead
The Thing
Escape from New York
Scream

#11546 1 year ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Bug is there a chance that there will be another John Carpenter movie as a future release?
Hopefully Ben was trolling us when he said that there will not.

Considering several of the Spooky crew were calling one of their puppies Snake Plisskin, I’m crossing my fingers that there’s a chance.

#11547 1 year ago

It's now or never for Blade Runner 2049

#11548 1 year ago

Go family friendly and license
Luigi’s mansion from Nintendo.

#11549 1 year ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

Go family friendly and license
Luigi’s mansion from Nintendo.

I'm not sure what the license would run, but that's a day 1 buy for me. Nintendo is such a HUGE draw. A theme like that could really catapult them into stardom.

#11550 1 year ago

Nintendo is extremely expensive and protective over there IPs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 49.99
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 13,500.00
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 231 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/231?hl=jjga and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.