7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 230 of 269.
#11451 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

And, you’re opinion counts. I’m not gonna put down your opinion..but you can’t put down others.. who like it, and buy it.

I said it was a great game worth 7K, I did not put anyone down.

Quoted from beltking:

I’ll admit once I seen it was a smaller cabinet I brushed off the pin because my ocd on things being consistent. Watched YouTube videos and said f it I have to have this pin. Had a Beatles and that was low as well but with the topper it wasn’t horrible.
I would like to make a nice full size topper. Have a guy that can laser cut the acrylics just need a design.

Thank you, It's a thing, it exists. I also don't care for cheesy toppers on every game but to each his own.

#11452 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

By that statement you are only collecting machines based on the cabinet shape/size?
So that rules out pretty much all EM games because the cabinets are smaller, SEGA pins with the curved head box, possible American Pinball with their odd head box, classic Sterns, most alpha numeric and numeric solid states, Primus/Pabst/Whoa Nellie and a ton of others.
I guess Pinball Circus is totally screwed.

Correct, I prefer a few titles, I am not a "collect all" type of guy for any collection. In my view, a large collection of anything usually looks overcrowded and messy, often distracting from the few good pieces.

I also realize the fewer things I collect, the more love I have for them. That goes with all of my collections. It's the minimalist way of collecting.

Like I said I do appreciate TNA, but It would not "fit" next to my other full size games, it would go in a separate room. In all honesty, I don't like the look of stern pins, they lack class. I think spooky has made some improvement on that front.

#11453 1 year ago

This is not the game for you. Move on, You don’t get it. Its likely that you just don’t appreciate street level 80’s pins and thats fine. But don’t come in here and take the piss on a newly imagined one that stays true to the style. TNA is not a deep code, ramps, toys and mechs pin. It’s beauty is in its simplicity. I would kill for one personally but I have to keep people like you in mind for location and that’s honestly kind of unfortunate.

Quoted from Tyler_Durden:

I think TNA is a really great title, great theme, art, soundtrack, that's why it's too bad it was not designed to its full potential.
I would gladly pay 9K but it needs a few things to compete at that price range.
TNA 3.0
1. Standard, full size cabinet. There's no way I would put a small cabinet into my collection. It just looks odd to me. Stand alone sure.
2. Needs the stainless brought back. The black does not compare to the stainless. I understand stainless is more.
3. Mech and props. Need a prop or two. Why isn't there a tall cooling stack or something in the back that glows when reactors hot.
4. Maybe one ramp or loop could add depth.
5. Side art could see some improvement. Throw a grid and a little action on there, not a deal breaker though.
Until then it's a 7K game to me. Maybe Stern will pick up the license and make 3.0

#11454 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

This is not the game for you. Move on, You don’t get it. Its likely that you just don’t appreciate street level 80’s pins and thats fine. But don’t come in here and take the piss on a newly imagined one that stays true to the style. TNA is not a deep code, ramps, toys and mechs pin. It’s beauty is in its simplicity. I would kill for one personally but I have to keep people like you in mind for location and that’s honestly kind of unfortunate.

You don't have to kill for one, it's just 9k and they are still available
Hey buy it as is if you like it, I know some other here do agree that for 9K it could be a little better.

Considering the company has not yet sold out of the extremely small run of 250 of them, I think there probably can be some constructive talk about why and what could be improved to make it a must have game for everybody. I have stated why I would not buy it, so there you go.

#11455 1 year ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Not gonna lie.
Trish and I have watched a bunch of random horror movies after she watched you guys review them.
We just finished watching the new Candyman a couple days ago (which was awesome by the way).

Santa Jaws on the other hand I about pissed my pants laughing.

Hahahaha!

Candyman 2021 is like finding a fine diamond in a bowl of cubic zirconia.

Santa Jaws, on the other hand, is like finding a barely-salvageable bottom-rung nugget of amber, buried beneath a petrified layer of pterodactyl guano, and declaring it the DNA of a T-Rex... even though it's likely just a cockroach. In a world of "ET: The Extra-Terrestrial," it's "Mac & Me."

I'm throwing a Halloween party on 10/29. I'll send proper invitations soon, but I'd love it if you and Trish can make it. It's been way too long.

#11456 1 year ago

Considering the company has not yet sold out of the extremely small run of 250 of them, I think there probably can be some constructive talk about why and what could be improved to make it a must have game for everybody.

It seems likely that making fundamental changes to the game would also subtract from the pool of people who are in based on it being different from every other game being produced.

#11457 1 year ago

some constructive talk about why and what could be improved to make it a must have game for everybody.

I guess I don’t see what’s constructive about, “make this lone, unique pin more like every other pin from the last 10 years.” It doesn’t need to be a must-have pin for everyone, how boring would that be? Sorry you can’t have the best soundtrack in pinball in some garish, plastic-covered, rampy thing with a 30-page rule set. Move on and buy literally *any* other game from the last 10 years, and it’s already everything you want it to be, and you don’t even have to be in here telling the designer of the game that he did it wrong with his years-long labor of love.

#11458 1 year ago

Go buy Deadpool if you want ramps so bad

(It's a great game but I want this sweet, pure synesthesia action)

#11459 1 year ago

Closely watching market for pricing trends on original TNA’s. I’d like to find a huo for under $7k.

#11460 1 year ago
Quoted from Vecna:

Because they lost a arm and a leg.

#11461 1 year ago

The amount of people that believe sellers had a gun pointed to their head and forced to sell machine for loss is ridiculous. No one made you do that.

Why are people so stupid lol

#11462 1 year ago
Quoted from trecemaneras:

I guess I don’t see what’s constructive about, “make this lone, unique pin more like every other pin from the last 10 years.” It doesn’t need to be a must-have pin for everyone, how boring would that be? Sorry you can’t have the best soundtrack in pinball in some garish, plastic-covered, rampy thing with a 30-page rule set. Move on and buy literally *any* other game from the last 10 years, and it’s already everything you want it to be, and you don’t even have to be in here telling the designer of the game that he did it wrong with his years-long labor of love.

Thank you for the spot-on response!

#11463 1 year ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

This. Podcasts are bullshit. This is our latest episode, and it kicks off with a quick chat about the pin... which I own.. and dig.

I checked it out! Good pod.

Until you ragged on Silent Night Deadly Night 2!

That’s gold! Cinema gold! “Nauuuuuuggtyyy!!” Umbrella through the guts!

If you think that’s a bad movie you wouldn’t like the B movie nights we have here … SNDN2 is definitely one of the better ones we’ve watched!

rd

#11464 1 year ago
Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Hahahaha!
Candyman 2021 is like finding a fine diamond in a bowl of cubic zirconia.
Santa Jaws, on the other hand, is like finding a barely-salvageable bottom-rung nugget of amber, buried beneath a petrified layer of pterodactyl guano, and declaring it the DNA of a T-Rex... even though it's likely just a cockroach. In a world of "ET: The Extra-Terrestrial," it's "Mac & Me."
I'm throwing a Halloween party on 10/29. I'll send proper invitations soon, but I'd love it if you and Trish can make it. It's been way too long.

I almost pulled the trigger on Nightmare Weekend on vinegar syndrome. After listening this week, I’m glad I skipped it!

#11465 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I almost pulled the trigger on Nightmare Weekend on vinegar syndrome. After listening this week, I’m glad I skipped it!

Shitty movies are the best kind of movies!

I tell ya what - they’re much more entertaining than the rinse/repeat superhero shit that Hollywood is churning out these days!

rd

#11466 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Shitty movies are the best kind of movies!
I tell ya what - they’re much more entertaining than the rinse/repeat superhero shit that Hollywood is churning out these days!
rd

Amen, and look what showed up today! C’mon Spooky!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#11467 1 year ago

Movie night in Nee Zealand sounds awesome.

#11468 1 year ago
Quoted from trecemaneras:

That's a bit dramatic. I think some things can be improved, that does not have to take away from what it is or put it down for what it was. By your logic ford would still be making the model A.

This could be the ultimate pinball game for a large base simply for the fact it is not tied to a theme many don't care for.

The proof ultimately is in the sales numbers, why has this not moved 4000 units or even 250.
It's definitely a much cooler game for a guy to own over a TS4!

#11469 1 year ago

That's a bit dramatic. I think some things can be improved, that does not have to take away from what it is or put it down for what it was. By your logic ford would still be making the model A.
This could be the ultimate pinball game for a large base simply for the fact it is not tied to a theme many don't care for.
The proof ultimately is in the sales numbers, why has this not moved 4000 units or even 250.
It's definitely a much cooler game for a guy to own over a TS4!

TNA is a modern spin on an 80's inspired design. Stern's Beatles is similar in spirit, though based on an pre-existing 80's game (Seawitch). People that criticize either game for not having fancy ramps or mechs are missing the point (which includes you, apparently).

Comparisons with ford and "proof" about sales numbers are absurd. Hard for me to believe you've been on Pinside for 8 years. I just glanced at your profile...6.8% up/down ratio. That explains everything...ouch!

#11470 1 year ago

Holy Moses that’s the lowest up down ratio I’ve seen on here LMAO. I’m a lunatic and I still have like 78% ups haha.

Quoted from snaroff:

TNA is a modern spin on an 80's inspired design. Stern's Beatles is similar in spirit, though based on an pre-existing 80's game (Seawitch). People that criticize either game for not having fancy ramps or mechs are missing the point (which includes you, apparently).
Comparisons with ford and "proof" about sales numbers are absurd. Hard for me to believe you've been on Pinside for 8 years. I just glanced at your profile...6.8% up/down ratio. That explains everything...ouch!

#11471 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Holy Moses that’s the lowest up down ratio I’ve seen on here LMAO. I’m a lunatic and I still have like 78% ups haha.

1 extra upvote for the lunatic comment. Cracked me up.

#11472 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Well if what you say is true and it cannot benefit from any improvements, then I suppose this could be the final production for this title since the unit sales numbers look soft. Not selling out of 250 of such a beloved title can't be good sign for the industry.

#11473 1 year ago

Where does one come up with such bad takes on a situation? It’s a LIMITED RUN which means …it is RUN in a LIMITED number. That number is 250. Sure the new price might be a tough nut to swallow but I bet you see them all sell after stern announces its new homogenized run of the mill game with another $500 price increase.

Also, I just noticed this (pictured) and…it’s very funny to me.

Well if what you say is true and it cannot benefit from any improvements, then I suppose this could be the final production for this title since the unit sales numbers look soft. Not selling out of 250 of such a beloved title can't be good sign for the industry.

F9311889-B5F5-4A63-922D-4AF065DC6065 (resized).jpegF9311889-B5F5-4A63-922D-4AF065DC6065 (resized).jpeg
#11474 1 year ago

At least he’s straight forward in what you get with his posts

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Where does one come up with such bad takes on a situation? It’s a LIMITED RUN which means …it is RUN in a LIMITED number. That number is 250. Sure the new price might be a tough nut to swallow but I bet you see them all sell after stern announces its new homogenized run of the mill game with another $500 price increase.
Also, I just noticed this (pictured) and…it’s very funny to me.
[quoted image]

#11475 1 year ago

ok, I'll go another round The limited number of units and (so called) "soft" sales numbers have NOTHING to do with lack of "improvements". 80's genre games with an original theme aren't the sweet spot for pinball sales. Spooky should be applauded for doing the limited run at all, but it clearly benefits them as well.

As a point of comparison, here is a very high end restoration of a beautiful 80's game that's fairly priced but not selling quickly.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-hep-medusa

No doubt that many new collectors would rather spend 9-10k on one of the more recent big licenses. Just because many of these games are more popular, doesn't mean 80's games should be "improved". I own Centaur and Paragon...2 very cool games. To really appreciate pinball, you need to embrace diversity and not think all games need the same features/mechs to be interesting!

#11476 1 year ago

I think some things can be improved, that does not have to take away from what it is or put it down for what it was.

But your suggested improvements *do* take away from what it is. Others have pointed out repeatedly that it’s an early 80’s early SS inspired throwback game. It seems like you’re saying, “but I don’t want an early 80’s early SS throwback game.”

Cool. Don’t buy one?

You’ve suggested putting it in a modern size cabinet, adding toys, and adding ramps, when hallmarks of the games it’s a throwback to are, smaller cabinet, no gimmicky toys, and single levels (which the smaller cabinet is specifically designed to complement) Throw in all your suggestions, and it’s no longer a unique game. You’ve turned it into just one more game just like every single other game made in the last 20+ years.

#11477 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

80's genre games with an original theme aren't the sweet spot for pinball sales. Spooky should be applauded for doing the limited run at all

This! It’s so cool that this game got made, the fact that there’s less than 1000 of them out there takes nothing away from it!

why has this not moved 4000 units?

Well that’s easy There’s exactly one pinball manufacturer on earth than can produce and move 4000 units, and they would be crazy to run a game like TNA! I would even hazard a guess that a sales run of 4000 units might be a catastrophic flop for Stern. Cheers and respect to Spooky for making unique games like TNA possible!

#11478 1 year ago

Is this guy some ex Spooky employee with a grudge? Why does he care this much about this game? Some personal investment?

#11479 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Is this guy some ex Spooky employee with a grudge? Why does he care this much about this game? Some personal investment?

Some people on here just like causing problems. I don’t think it has anything to do with anything…except seeing how many people he can fight with. Sometimes I wonder if things would be better here if we had to all give our real names.

#11480 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Sears ain’t going to sell the lawnmower for $80 to the public …
If Robert did a deal with Jimmy, sure, then the balance would be $80. Robert would directly pay off Jimmys lay-away under Jimmys name.
But if Jimmy bails on his deposit, Sears return the mower to stock and sell it for $100 to the next dude.

rd

Ummm Sears would return the deposit !

#11481 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Some people on here just like causing problems. I don’t think it has anything to do with anything…except seeing how many people he can fight with. Sometimes I wonder if things would be better here if we had to all give our real names.

Momma always said that ignorance was the best medicine. Any public forum is full of these clowns. As hard as it may be, try to ignore them and leave their comments alone. I try, but it's hard.

#11482 1 year ago

So is Scooby doo is spooky’s next?

#11483 1 year ago

Keep in mind that if we block this guy or ignore him he’ll never reach the highly sought after pinside negative ratio percentage badge lmao.

#11484 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

How about
1) option to put in real name
2) option to add picture of actual self
3) some sort of verification of 1 & 2
4) Key: option to auto-ignore anyone missing those three things

All optional, and see where it goes... I guess it would either take off or it wouldn’t.

I would hope it would, as most pinball people are genuine and friendly.

#11485 1 year ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

How about
All optional, and see where it goes... I guess it would either take off or it wouldn’t.

I wouldn't do it. All that does is hurt the people not doing anything wrong. You'd end up with the assholes stalking people who called them out or disagreed with them. You want that stuff, go to facebook. Only takes one crazy to ruin a good time...and there is more than one crazy around here.

#11486 1 year ago

How about

You can already do 1 and 2 as an option.
You can even put in your exact address and the Pinside map will pinpoint where you live, should you choose to do so.

#11487 1 year ago

How about

You would have to create two profiles so you could argue with yourself. You’d be the only two here.

I’m not afraid of what I say or what others think about my opinions but I’m not about to spoon feed the internet more of my personal information. People love doing that shit though - I don’t get it.

#11488 1 year ago

Well, I guess that’s why I put my real name and town where I live. It’s just me. I can say stupid things on here (especially after a few cocktails but having my real name out there keeps me accountable. I think some real life exposure would promote accountability…but, hey, this is the internet, so there will always be keyboard a$$holes. And as far as the internet knowing more about me…I’m not that interesting…my whole house is connected and Alexa based…if they want to listen/watch…have at it.

#11489 1 year ago
greasy (resized).jpggreasy (resized).jpg
#11490 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

here is a very high end restoration of a beautiful 80's game that's fairly priced but not selling quickly

haha .. if it ain't selling, it ain't "fairly" priced goes for anything, not just the Medusa.

If it sells within the hour, you probably left money on the table

If it sells after a few days and a bit of negotiation, you got it right.

If it's still sitting after a few weeks, time to rethink the price or just keep it for a while.

#11491 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

haha .. if it ain't selling, it ain't "fairly" priced goes for anything, not just the Medusa.
If it's still sitting after a few weeks, time to rethink the price or just keep it for a while.

Agreed, and in the case of the Medusa...I love that game, but even HEP doesn't make it worth what is being asked. That's one of the misconceptions around here. "But I put XXX into it"....well, good on you. Hope you enjoy it.

#11492 1 year ago

Boy I can't wait for Spooky to announce what the next model is going to be so I can have decent night's sleep.

#11493 1 year ago

Two Words: Army of Darkness.

#11494 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Two Words: Army of Darkness.

Unobtainium at the moment.

#11495 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Unobtainium at the moment.

Please tell me that only applies to AoD and not the entire franchise...

#11496 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Please tell me that only applies to AoD and not the entire franchise...

AFAIK just AoD. Once Amazon finishes swallowing MGM it might be in the cards again. Same with Fox. Everything's on hold while the rat devours it.

#11497 1 year ago

Well if it's not AoD or ED, will it be an original IP? Or a licensed?

#11498 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

In this market, you've got it right. The term "fairly priced" is particularly tough when you talk about a HEP restoration. Even for the hot B/W titles it's tough to get out clean, but with 80's games it's a lot tougher. I'm a fan, but I only have 2 because I prefer the newer/faster games.

#11499 1 year ago
Quoted from Roberto_tron:

In this current market you’ve got to go with a license, Spooky want to sell out and be successful not have lacklustre sales, leave that to AP.

#11500 1 year ago
Quoted from Roberto_tron:

Well I don't know what is happening with Scooby at this point, but this really makes it sound like ED is not the next game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 230 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/230 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.