7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,399 posts in this topic. You are on page 228 of 268.
#11351 1 year ago

Spoiler alert, TNA is already sold out.
Sorry.

- Martin S. McFly

#11352 1 year ago

Bitching about lost value on pinball machines is the same as hollering that your Fidelity account isn't fun to play. You bought the wrong product for your needs.

#11353 1 year ago
Quoted from jjga:

Bitching about lost value on pinball machines is the same as hollering that your Fidelity account isn't fun to play. You bought the wrong product for your needs.

If pinball machines depreciated at the same rate as pool tables, this would be a much different hobby.

#11354 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Stern service has deteriorated over the past couple decades. Pat and Chas use to provide great customer service. Now Stern hides behind their distributors. Expecting distributors to "earn their money" and provide service isn't an awful idea, but it just doesn't translate to quick turnaround time on parts/issues.
I only have one Spooky game (R&M) and they have always given me great service.

Chas was a big loss for Stern, 100%. He helped me on my Ghostbusters, long after they really “had” to help with it.

#11355 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

If pinball machines depreciated at the same rate as pool tables, this would be a much different hobby.

Pool tables... the only hobby where moving and trading is even harder than Pinball.

#11356 1 year ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Pool tables... the only hobby where moving and trading is even harder than Pinball.

Luckily you only need one.

#11357 1 year ago

True. Pinball machines are like Pringles

Quoted from cooked71:

#11358 1 year ago

Quoted from cooked71:

Quoted from SLRage:

True. Pinball machines are like Pringles

So... when I got my Pool Table refelted I talked to the guy doing it for about an hour on Pool table stuff. I asked about the most outlandished setups he'd seen, and he talked about someone with multiple pool tables in his house. Apparantly Snooker Tables and Pool Tables are different. The guy had a 9 foot pool table AND a 12 foot Snooker Table... that was heated. Why on earth do you need a heated pool table? Apparently the uniform temperature makes the ball roll more consistently.

I meant to say it will be interesting to see if Spooky sells out instantly. Do you guys think Spooky will sell all 250 today?

#11359 1 year ago

Do you guys think Spooky will sell all 250 today?

If they don’t, I owe someone a beer.

#11360 1 year ago

So... when I got my Pool Table refelted I talked to the guy doing it for about an hour on Pool table stuff. I asked about the most outlandished setups he'd seen, and he talked about someone with multiple pool tables in his house. Apparantly Snooker Tables and Pool Tables are different. The guy had a 9 foot pool table AND a 12 foot Snooker Table... that was heated. Why on earth do you need a heated pool table? Apparently the uniform temperature makes the ball roll more consistently.
I meant to say it will be interesting to see if Spooky sells out instantly. Do you guys think Spooky will sell all 250 today?

You’re making me want to play pool now. Only on a heated table of course.

I’m going with 250 today….. easily.

#11361 1 year ago

As long as their website can hold up, I think they will be sold out within the first 60-90 mins.

#11362 1 year ago

What time does the sell go live?

#11363 1 year ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

$9k newer TNA 2.0 version absolutely devalues current TNA 1.0 machines. No one will want the old version any longer and now that people know that Spooky will make unlimited numbers of TNA, the used old version HUO TNA price is going to plummet.

On behalf of current TNA owners everywhere - we don’t care! I own TNA because it is awesome. Never contemplated selling it when the market on these apparently skyrocketed. Wasn’t even paying attention. Market value means very little to people who do not intend on selling their games. Which, after 5 years, these games have likely settled into the hands of people who actually want to own it.

People who don’t want an OG TNA because of the 2.0 will also not want a 2.0. It is the same game. Sure there is some bling that many of us did ourselves already or could if we wanted to.

I hope anyone who wants to have one in their collection can have one. For 9k or 6k, get the best deal you can. Only crocodile tears for the flippers. Can’t sell your 2k pre-order spot for 3k this time - life is so unfair isn’t it.

I think 9k is too high for TNA. I do no think mine is worth 9k. Of course i don’t think any of them are… there are better ways to “invest” your money.

#11364 1 year ago

I saw a pretty nice pool table listed for free yesterday..lol

#11365 1 year ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

What time does the sell go live?

Boom! It's Live

TNA (resized).pngTNA (resized).png
#11366 1 year ago

Just came back from viewing my receipt. The price sucks, but I did it anyway. Why? Because you'll never see a game like this from Stern or any other company. For me, value goes beyond BOM. It's how it makes you feel, and that is literally priceless (Hallmark moment). I appreciate the owners of 1.0 chiming in and saying they don't think it's worth $9k, as if they're somehow comforting us, but it's a little patronizing. You guys got in early, good for you. Unfortunately us late comers weren't so lucky and now we're paying the price. I'm fine with it for stuff I really want.

#11367 1 year ago

Well said... I just ordered as well. Spooky sold 100 in 2 minutes. Good for them.

#11368 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Well said... I just ordered as well. Spooky sold 100 in 2 minutes. Good for them.

How do you know of that metric? I'm just glad the site did not crash and I was able to get a spot.

#11369 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

How do you know of that metric? I'm just glad the site did not crash and I was able to get a spot.

This was posted in the TNA thread

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#11370 1 year ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

$9k newer TNA 2.0 version absolutely devalues current TNA 1.0 machines. No one will want the old version any longer and now that people know that Spooky will make unlimited numbers of TNA, the used old version HUO TNA price is going to plummet.

This is a silly argument. CGC made more MM, AFM, and MB. The price of the OG’s normalized because they were crazy high. Then they all went up again. CGC has said they’re gonna rerun at least MM again. Possibly the others. I guarantee when they do the prices will normalize and likely go back up.

I’d argue that OG TNA prices aren’t super high, so there’s nothing to normalize. I’m personally fine if they stabilize around $7k. This isn’t an IRA. It’s. A. Hobby. You buy a toy and it loses money cause you play with it. So what?

The people that expect a toy to appreciate forever even with wear is amazing to me.

#11371 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

Just came back from viewing my receipt. The price sucks, but I did it anyway. Why? Because you'll never see a game like this from Stern or any other company. For me, value goes beyond BOM. It's how it makes you feel, and that is literally priceless (Hallmark moment). I appreciate the owners of 1.0 chiming in and saying they don't think it's worth $9k, as if they're somehow comforting us, but it's a little patronizing. You guys got in early, good for you. Unfortunately us late comers weren't so lucky and now we're paying the price. I'm fine with it for stuff I really want.

Certainly not my intent to be patronizing. I left out the next sentence where i said i dont think a GZ Premium is worth 9k either. Decided to delete because not trying to start a stern vs spooky thread. Despite that i am on a GZ waitlist lol.

For what its worth i would of ordered a 9k TNA 2.0 if i didn’t already have one. However you see the pitfall of an owner saying that - next are the accusations that i’m a spooky fanboy, price pumping my games blah blah. Which is why i left my previous comment. And the market on my TNA dropped by a grand when i first owned it and noone seemed to care about that! There was once upon a time when you took a bit of a bath on any NIB game. And you knew that when you bought it.

Congrats on getting a TNA! You’ll forget about the price when you hear the sweet beats pumping out if it

#11372 1 year ago

The best pin is the one you play. I was really stressing comparing TNA with TSPP. In the end I wanted a game that is fast and brutal.

Did not desire to add another deep, long ball time game. I’ve got MET and recent added Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (LE) along with Star Wars.

It’s refreshing to have a simple addicting game that is hard to beat. Cannot wait to show my kids this pin!!

#11373 1 year ago

Sometimes after long day working and caring for my 2 month old… I just want to play 10 minutes of fun.

TNA fits that bill!!!

#11374 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

The best pin is the one you play. I was really stressing comparing TNA with TSPP. In the end I wanted a game that is fast and brutal.
Did not desire to add another deep, long ball time game. I’ve got MET and recent added Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (LE) along with Star Wars.
It’s refreshing to have a simple addicting game that is hard to beat. Cannot wait to show my kids this pin!!

Quoted from zermeno68:

Sometimes after long day working and caring for my 2 month old… I just want to play 10 minutes of fun.
TNA fits that bill!!!

Heck yeah! I put TNA in the same category as Flash Gordon, Dracula, and F-14... nut kickers that are great for a quickie!

#11375 1 year ago

Still no Scooby-Doo for sale on their site. What is the delay!!

#11376 1 year ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Hang tight, it can’t be too long until Scooby or Ash vs Evil Dead are announced.

I predict all the usual suspects will preorder and then start the same BS.

1)The FOMO pulled me in but the production / code updates are too slow.
2) people are selling deposit spots for less than original cost.
3) my deposit is not refundable

Boo Hoo
Cry me a river!
Pinside needs virtual grannies with thick padded shoulders for them to cry on.

2277E239-E317-4E92-820C-17968764EFF4 (resized).jpeg2277E239-E317-4E92-820C-17968764EFF4 (resized).jpeg
#11377 1 year ago

Evil Dead BSE for $5k in February. You heard it here first!

#11378 1 year ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Maybe still need to fill HWN/UM orders?

#11379 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Evil Dead BSE for $5k in February. You heard it here first!

Is that the non-refundable deposit?

#11380 1 year ago

I like the non refundable rule l, keeps the flippers away and let's the people who actually want the game a chance to buy it.

#11381 1 year ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

I like the non refundable rule l, keeps the flippers away and let's the people who actually want the game a chance to buy it.

Agree. The car analogy is the Ford Bronco. Many people put in multiple orders so they could flip for a big profit. All that did was delay MANY people from getting the one Bronco they ordered. Some have been waiting 1 1/2 years since initially placing an order. I got lucky and only had to wait 6 months to get a build week. Should be here in early Oct.

#11382 1 year ago
Quoted from jimwe5t:

If they priced their product in $4k plus range, there would be fewer complaints about their product.

If they priced their product in the $3K price range, there'd be still fewer complaints!!

#11383 1 year ago

Guess you never moved a 50's-70's jukebox.

#11384 1 year ago

Im not sure. I'd wager there would be plenty of complaints about people not being able to actually get their hands on them for MSRP as every single model gets sold and flipped for actual market value.

See the underpricing of the PlayStation 5 for the last 2 years.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If they priced their product in the $3K price range, there'd be still fewer complaints!!

#11385 1 year ago

Seems like a match made in hell.

phantasm (resized).jpgphantasm (resized).jpg
#11386 1 year ago

With like a centaur look.

phantasm 2 (resized).jpgphantasm 2 (resized).jpg
#11387 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Seems like a match made in hell.
[quoted image]

It is surprising that movie was never a pin theme with that silver ball flying around killing people

#11388 1 year ago

You can’t equate Spooky selling 500 TNA’s @ $7k with their selling another 150ish at $9k. That’s right. What if all they sell is 150, then they build 150. That means 100 aren’t built now and could be in the future. But if all they sell is 150 now when there was much pent up demand, the chances any of the other 100 games they have parts for won’t get built imo. So it is really now or never. If the last 100 customers don’t materialize by year end, then this will be the final run.

#11389 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

You can’t equate Spooky selling 500 TNA’s @ $7k with their selling another 150ish at $9k. That’s right. What if all they sell is 150, then they build 150. That means 100 aren’t built now and could be in the future. But if all they sell is 150 now when there was much pent up demand, the chances any of the other 100 games they have parts for won’t get built imo. So it is really now or never. If the last 100 customers don’t materialize by year end, then this will be the final run.

This makes sense…but I think this is a bridge to the next pin. They could advertise again in a year, or so, when the next next pin comes out. Lots of things could make it desirable…including a better economy. Using the parts they already have to finish the run…and maybe repeat in the future…but yes, this 250 could be it. I guess, if you want one…get one.

#11390 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

…including a better economy.

There's a chance that could happen in the next 4-5 years. I wouldn't bet my box of used coils on it, though.

#11391 1 year ago

Everybody’s leaning into Scooby-Doo being the next Spooky pin. But nobody’s talking about what they want to see in the game.

Shoot jump ramp and land ball in Scooby-Doo’s mouth. Build the biggest sub and eat it before Shaggy can eat his. Spend time in the back of the time machine alone with spin the bottle to see. Unmask villain five times in one minute. Say “rut row” more times than Scrappy-Doo does.

#11392 1 year ago

Imo everyone is waiting on Stern to release. The people who have 9-10k only for a pin are going to wait to see what it is. If not interested you will see more TNA buyers. The first 100-150 sold day one were 100% in regardless of high price. Now others just have to make up their minds. If it doesn’t sell out soon you may not see another run.

#11393 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Imo everyone is waiting on Stern to release. The people who have 9-10k only for a pin are going to wait to see what it is. If not interested you will see more TNA buyers. The first 100-150 sold day one were 100% in regardless of high price. Now others just have to make up their minds. If it doesn’t sell out soon you may not see another run.

According to the Stern thread… next is Bond. I guess, we will see.

#11394 1 year ago

That's ALL speculation.

#11395 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

This makes sense…but I think this is a bridge to the next pin.

Luke posted that it wasn't a gap filler and they would be producing TNA alongside HW/UM.
But I wonder with so many walking away from their deposits if they even end up making the full 1500/500 on HW/UM, so could still be a way to fill that space.

#11396 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

There's a chance that could happen in the next 4-5 years. I wouldn't bet my box of used coils on it, though.

Average recession is 12-18 months…4-5 years is a long depression…if that really happens…there will be no pinball players…even Stern. All money will go to pure survival…no one here knows how it is in a true depression. I pray that doesn’t happen.

#11397 1 year ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Luke posted that it wasn't a gap filler and they would be producing TNA alongside HW/UM.
But I wonder with so many walking away from their deposits if they even end up making the full 1500/500 on HW/UM, so could still be a way to fill that space.

I think it’s 1250/500…I may be wrong as a gap filler.

#11398 1 year ago

I’m just going to immediately resort to cannibalism if that goes down. Day one.

Quoted from dnapac:

Average recession is 12-18 months…4-5 years is a long depression…if that really happens…there will be no pinball players…even Stern. All money will go to pure survival…no one here knows how it is in a true depression. I pray that doesn’t happen.

#11399 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Maybe that’s one of the reasons that stern is cranking out all the back orders….
The economy starts taking a shit, and they drop cornerstones while getting rid of backlogged games. Interesting…….

#11400 1 year ago

Shoot jump ramp and land ball in Scooby-Doo’s mouth.

“Raaaaaaaggggggyyyyyyy!!!”

rd

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
$ 49.99
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
7,500 (Firm)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
6,295 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlington, NC
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,399 posts in this topic. You are on page 228 of 268.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/228?hl=jjga and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.