7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 220 of 269.
#10951 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I couldn't find the post, but I'm pretty sure Spooky posted last year that they would not be attempting dual themes again for future games.

This.. And both Charlie and Bug said it in several podcasts as well. There also is no way that they would do a dual of those 2 titles. Like others have said, both will have huge demands and would sell out a full allotment of each. Me personally, I am in for Evil Dead / Army of Darkness sight unseen. I have complete faith in Spooky and that is a dream theme for me. I know it will happen, I just don't know when. Bruce Campbell needs to be yelling one-liners at me from a pinball machine!!!

#10952 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

But, if Scott isn't currently on a project doesn't that mean TNA isn't next? (2.0?) or are you referring to a re-release of original?

There's no such thing as TNA 2.0 (2.0 implying new redesigned game).
There's just another run of the original TNA with some default bling added (clear drop targets, green plastic, newer timer, etc...al), and Spooky's newer backbox hinge system. Still in same cabinet.

#10953 1 year ago
Quoted from damadczar:

There's no such thing as TNA 2.0 (2.0 implying new redesigned game).
There's just another run of the original TNA with some default bling added (clear drop targets, green plastic, newer timer, etc...al), and Spooky's newer backbox hinge system. Still in same cabinet.

This is 100% correct.
--Scott

#10954 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

This is 100% correct.
--Scott

I miss my TNA. You did a great job with that one Scott... be proud.

#10955 1 year ago

Rumors of Hardbody 2, but no confirmation on the next title at their Southern Fried Q&A today.

#10956 1 year ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I am not interested in a Dual releases again. Even if it is Evil Dead or Scooby.
They should focus on a single title that has been significantly polished for release day.
Think I would order a TNA as long as the price point make sense. Think I'm out if price
exceeds current Bloodsucker prices

I almost didn't get Halloween when I heard of the dual theme same layout deal. Kind of cheapens it and it split's their limited resources working out coding and animations. It Just didn't make sense.

#10957 1 year ago
Quoted from TheNoTrashCougar:

This is 100% correct.
--Scott

I'm assuming Spooky will be sticking with the current Pinotaur hardware running things, same as in HWN/UM.

That would be at least some difference under the hood vs the original TNA.

RM

#10958 1 year ago

Sometimes I go back and read through all the pinball theme suggestions for pin companies. We really need a "best of" because some of them are just hilarious!

#10959 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

I'm assuming Spooky will be sticking with the current Pinotaur hardware running things, same as in HWN/UM.
RM

Not sure why they would as the P3 system is still readily available and the game is a complete system.

#10960 1 year ago
Quoted from RussMyers:

RM

TNA rerun will be running the multimorphic boardset, same as the original. Does not make sense to change it.
--Scott

#10961 1 year ago

All these TNA re-run rumblings have made me finally pull the trigger on a Fang Club membership for the next year. Hopefully there'll be an "official" announcement soon; feels like they're getting geared up to announce it (especially after hearing what Scott was saying on the LoserKid Pinball podcast). Keeping my fingers crossed.

#10962 1 year ago
Quoted from somenerd:

All these TNA re-run rumblings have made me finally pull the trigger on a Fang Club membership for the next year. Hopefully there'll be an "official" announcement soon; feels like they're getting geared up to announce it (especially after hearing what Scott was saying on the LoserKid Pinball podcast). Keeping my fingers crossed.

I almost joined the Fang Club today for a similar reason. I’m not interested in TNA though. I want a Scooby-Doo pin. I’ll join the club if I can be reasonably confident that Scooby is coming in the near future.

#10963 1 year ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

I almost joined the Fang Club today for a similar reason. I’m not interested in TNA though. I want a Scooby-Doo pin. I’ll join the club if I can be reasonably confident that Scooby is coming in the near future.

I’m with you SCOOBY DOO ALL THE WAY. I believe this will be there next pin n hopefully they really put their heads together and pull out all the stops on it.

1 week later
#10964 1 year ago
Quoted from somenerd:

Same. I suspect both Spooky and Stern are locked and loaded. Once one of them announces something, the other will also announce. So, within weeks now.

#10965 1 year ago
Quoted from BasementFacts:

Same. I suspect both Spooky and Stern are locked and loaded. Once one of them announces something, the other will also announce. So, within weeks now.

Selfishly, I reeeeeeally hope TNA2.0 isn't in the next few weeks. I won't be able to hop on board if so, at least not as part of the NIB crew.

If it happens, it happens. I know lots of others are plenty ready to throw down for their spot in line. I'm probably at least a few months out on being able, so I'm just hoping for the best. TNA has been at the top of my list for quite a while now.

#10966 1 year ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

I won't be able to hop on board if so, at least not as part of the NIB crew.

Even if it’s announced next week, you only have to pay a deposit on placing the order. Traditionally that’s $1000 bucks.

The balance isn’t payable until it’s made. Just request that yours is made last in the run.

rd

#10967 1 year ago

Lots of talk about the TNA announcement like it's happening any day now. Clearly it's happening, but is there strong signal it's happening in the next few weeks?

#10968 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

Lots of talk about the TNA announcement like it's happening any day now. Clearly it's happening, but is there strong signal it's happening in the next few weeks?

Damn... I just bought Wonka. No!!!! I was waiting to join TNA club. Ugh.... I might have to sell an existing machine to raise funds.

Love these decisions to make.

#10969 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

None that I've seen.

#10970 1 year ago

Waiting patiently to see what’s In the pipeline.
Thinkin it’s time to start making a second Spooky row across from these.

5429DAB2-50A7-45A7-8EC9-A027DE447255 (resized).jpeg5429DAB2-50A7-45A7-8EC9-A027DE447255 (resized).jpeg
#10971 1 year ago

Evil Dead 1, 2 or 3 . Think I'd be your guy.
Brain Dead - Peter Jackson - Yep

What I think would be the most killer franchise title that Spooky could do. Would be "They Live"

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#10972 1 year ago

I hope they keep going with the whole dark/horror theme. Rick & Morty kind of tossed that out and Ultraman is pretty niche, but if they stick with cult like franchises, then that would be awesome. Evil Dead, Friday the 13th, Texas Chainsaw, Child's Play, etc

Not really a fan of the franchise, but SAW would make for an easy and super theme for a Pinball game with all the traps, puzzles, games

#10973 1 year ago

Evil Dead 2 and They Live are no brainer CE purchases for me.

Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Evil Dead 1, 2 or 3 . Think I'd be your guy.
Brain Dead - Peter Jackson - Yep
What I think would be the most killer franchise title that Spooky could do. Would be "They Live"
[quoted image]

#10974 1 year ago

Child's Play would be Epic. I even liked the latest movie but Sucker for well done B rated flicks

#10975 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

Well August 1st was deadline for this year's Fang Club.

Quoted from PanzerKraken:

I hope they keep going with the whole dark/horror theme. Rick & Morty kind of tossed that out and Ultraman is pretty niche, but if they stick with cult like franchises, then that would be awesome. Evil Dead, Friday the 13th, Texas Chainsaw, Child's Play, etc
Not really a fan of the franchise, but SAW would make for an easy and super theme for a Pinball game with all the traps, puzzles, games

If they like money, they won't just stick to horror. R&M has a huge fanbase. Ultraman, I dunno. But if they keep doing niche pop culture stuff, they'll do well. Smaller runs that would be too risky for Stern. Pinball needs a company like Spooky. Everyone would go mental if they got a nice anime license. That's something Stern would never do.

#10976 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Evil Dead 2 and They Live are no brainer CE purchases for me.

Yup, I get "irritated" at people who like Army of Darkness more than Evil Dead 2 haha.

#10977 1 year ago

Well August 1st was deadline for this year's Fang Club.

If they like money, they won't just stick to horror. R&M has a huge fanbase. Ultraman, I dunno. But if they keep doing niche pop culture stuff, they'll do well. Smaller runs that would be too risky for Stern. Pinball needs a company like Spooky. Everyone would go mental if they got a nice anime license. That's something Stern would never do.

I just don't see anime fans being much into pinball. Average anime fan is also too young to afford pinball or collect, so really not sure it's wise unless it's something classic with an older fanbase like Akira perhaps which had fans back in the 80s. It would need some more wider appeal.

If they are sticking to limited run games that sell out in a single day like they have done, then they can stick to niche licenses that typically will cost less to license than a larger popular IP.

#10978 1 year ago

Yeah. I'm talking 80s/90s anime. It was already covered extensively over on the Stern topic, but there are a handful of popular oldschool anime titles that are more popular and would have sold better than Ultraman.

#10979 1 year ago

Would be cool to have a Sunglasses mode in They Live pinball.

If you remove the front polarizer from an LCD it just looks white. If player wears polarized sunglasses then the display looks normal. So you could have secret messages over shots.

Could also do "false lit inserts" have 2 lights below each insert, one goes through a polarizer. So if wearing glasses some lit shots would actually look dark, ie invalid exposed like an Alien. To see how this would work, turn your sunglasses 90 degrees in front of your cars LCD and watch it go dim.

Lot of cool stuff you could do. Wizard mode could be the 15 minute fight with Keith David

#10980 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Wizard mode could be the 15 minute fight with Keith David

Only way to beat it is not drain for 15 minutes. Turn off flipper holds. Love it!

#10981 1 year ago

They Live would be awesome.

Of course, they could do a Rocky Horror Picture Show and it would really push Spooky into the main stream.

#10982 1 year ago

Getting caught up on this thread. So far I’ve got …

Redoing TNA and putting it in a full size cabinet is great news. Many people will be interested, including self. I personally wish Scott would add the ramp and coding to make it 2.0 but he’s not listening.

Scooby-Doo pin is coming next. Make it great and I’m in.

Batman animated series would be great pin. Just Do it!

Best themes for Spooky after that are - Top Gun2, Meatloaf (the man, not dinner), Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure, Simpson’s Treehouse, South Park. My choice would be Austin Powers with lots of clips and Mike Myers callouts.

Gotta give all those programmers something to do. My fave Spooky games are 1) R&M and 2) TNA. Both are Danesi designs and one has Eric P on code. Give that man another title to code.

#10983 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Getting caught up on this thread. So far I’ve got …
Redoing TNA and putting it in a full size cabinet is great news. Many people will be interested, including self. I personally wish Scott would add the ramp and coding to make it 2.0 but he’s not listening.

No change to the cabinet, aside from using the newer generation backbox with the flip down display…

#10984 1 year ago

I personally wish Scott would add the ramp and coding to make it 2.0 but he’s not listening.

Where would he put a ramp?

Take out the orbit?

Take out the scoop?

Take out the Danesi lock?

It/they have to go somewhere ….

TNA is cool because it *doesn’t* have ramps.

HOT TAKE: Ramps are the most overhyped thing in pinball. Give me a screaming fast orbit shot any day.

rd

#10985 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

This is 100% correct.

#10986 1 year ago
Quoted from Completist:

No change to the cabinet

Thankfully!

#10987 1 year ago
Quoted from Completist:

No change to the cabinet, aside from using the newer generation backbox with the flip down display…

Hope to God they don't cheap out and get rid of the solid state scoreboard though. I wish that was standard with all new games.

#10988 1 year ago

So, Scooby next for sure?

Hope it's the early stuff.

#10989 1 year ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, Scooby next for sure?
Hope it's the early stuff.

Just a rumor for now.

#10990 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Where would he put a ramp?
Take out the orbit?
Take out the scoop?
Take out the Danesi lock?
It/they have to go somewhere ….
HOT TAKE: Ramps are the most overhyped thing in pinball. Give me a screaming fast orbit shot any day.
rd

Glad you responded so I can add more of a response.

If TNA is being vaulted, why wouldn’t Spooky take the opportunity to fix one of the biggest complaints of TNA by putting it into a full size cab with head height to match the other 20 games in a person’s collection? Because that’s what many people prefer. Is it an engineering impossibility? No it is possible. Nobody wants it? I do and I’d buy one with it in place.

Then you point out it is better to have fast shooting spinner over having a ramp. Maybe, but I’ll agree. But then I ask you would you rather have 2 fast out lanes OR 2 fast out lanes AND a ramp? I prefer the latter. The reasons are obvious, one additional shot in the game and endless opportunities to program it. Scott is a genius and he’d come up with a great use for it.

I’ll offer two quick ones. Scott will be introducing another multiball to TNA. When you have many balls in the lower playfield and an open ramp that allows one to manage ball flow by shooting the ramp in addition to shooting the spinners, you’d want to take advantage of. Secondly it could be an alternate way to start reactor sequence. So maybe after you get all the 3x3 targets selected you’d normally shoot the scoop. How about ability to allow a ramp shot as credit for hitting scoop? So you could hit either. TAF had this and you can shoot scoop or bottom of swamp scoop. There’s a setting to use it that way or not. But most importantly a ramp would open up the possibilities.

But there is nowhere ti fit a ramp, right? Wrong. One clever modder has done this successfully already and there is a thread about it. Did he Out-Engineer Spooky, yes. How did he do it? Well he started by putting playfield in a full size cabinet, dammit. He knew that would give him extra height to fit the ramp in. Does it shoot well? From videos it does and might be the smoothest shot in the otherwise clunky game.

So nobody is saying Spooky has to use a full cab, but if they did, that’s a step in the right direction. If they added a ramp with programming it would make the game irresistible, imo.

#10991 1 year ago

R&M has a huge fanbase.

I think Spooky should do a Rick & Morty 2…not as their next game or even the game after that, but certainly around the five year mark from when the original went out of production. They should use the same original team and design an entirely new Rick & Morty game.

Scott has recently said he has a lot of ideas for playfield layouts for future games and we know he will put together an incredible sound package.

Spooky could do a 2,000 machine run of a R&M2 and it would sell out in a day.

#10992 1 year ago

The last TWIP email I got had an article saying it is TNA. So no speculation anymore, right?

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/

#10993 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think Spooky should do a Rick & Morty 2…not as their next game or even the game after that, but certainly around the five year mark from when the original went out of production. They should use the same original team and design an entirely new Rick & Morty game.
Scott has recently said he has a lot of ideas for playfield layouts for future games and we know he will put together an incredible sound package.
Spooky could do a 2,000 machine run of a R&M2 and it would sell out in a day.

R&M2 would be welcomed with totally new layout. But why reuse R&M when they could get another top notch animated series? Spooky should take a fresh look at Scooby-Doo (in the works), BM, South Park, BTTF (great animations) or Simpson’s Treehouse. Sure if they run out of theme ideas, pick R&M2.

#10994 1 year ago

why wouldn’t Spooky take the opportunity to fix one of the biggest complaints of TNA by putting it into a full size cab with head height to match the other 20 games in a person’s collection?

Ew, no. Different is cool. TNA is cool because it's different.

(As an aside, everyone should collect the games they want, but I personally would call a 20-game collection where every machine is a modern full-size cabinet game desperately boring. No early SS? In a 20 pin collection?! Not even one EM? Doing it wrong imo.)

One clever modder has done this successfully already and there is a thread about it.

I read that whole thread, and I'm following his new one. I absolutely admire his ingenuity and mad fabrication skills, but the ramp was not a good mod. It just didn't add anything of value to an already ingenious game. Again, IMO. Also, he later removed it and took the playfield back to stock.

(He also modded the game to put it in a full-sized cabinet - I saw it for sale in the classifieds, and the cabinet alone made it an automatic pass for me.)

the otherwise clunky game

It seems to boil down to TNA just not being the game for you. I think it's brilliant as it is. There are already 100's of modern games in full-sized cabinets with ramps a-plenty that you could buy, instead of asking for TNA to be bastardized into something that suits your tastes.

IMO, cheers

#10995 1 year ago
Quoted from trecemaneras:

I personally would call a 20-game collection where every machine is a modern full-size cabinet game desperately boring. No early SS? In a 20 pin collection?! Not even one EM? Doing it wrong imo.)

This. I give a side eye to the game room flex photos full of Stern Spike 2. Not even a Spike 1 to be found. EM is a stretch though haha. But yeah, half the reason why I'm into TNA is how different it is. It's as close to a Daft Punk pin as I'm gonna get. It really suits my tastes.

#10996 1 year ago
Quoted from trecemaneras:

(As an aside, everyone should collect the games they want, but I personally would call a 20-game collection where every machine is a modern full-size cabinet game desperately boring. No early SS? In a 20 pin collection?! Not even one EM? Doing it wrong imo.)

This. I give a side eye to the game room flex photos full of Stern Spike 2. Not even a Spike 1 to be found. EM is a stretch though haha. But yeah, half the reason why I'm into TNA is how different it is. It's as close to a Daft Punk pin as I'm gonna get. It really suits my tastes.

I call these people 'mail order collectors'. They are collectors who assembled their entire collection via the internet. No road trips, no pin hauler, no making connections, no scouring the classifieds for that special game, no calling in favors from friends to help load. They just enter their info into a website or call into a distro and the collection comes to them. Of course, these games that can be mail ordered are also conveniently the 'best eva!'.

#10997 1 year ago

EM is a stretch though

Hahaha, fair

It's as close to a Daft Punk pin as I'm gonna get.

Gen X? I’m guessing we’ll be in our 60’s before our music starts getting tapped for pin themes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Daft Punk could make an amazing theme for sure. Most 90’s rock is too sad for pinball haha!

#10998 1 year ago

TNAs cab is awesome…. Glad they are keeping it and building more!

Sign me up for a R&M sequel or 1.5 version.

#10999 1 year ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I call these people 'mail order collectors'. They are collectors who assembled their entire collection via the internet. No road trips, no pin hauler, no making connections, no scouring the classifieds for that special game, no calling in favors from friends to help load. They just enter their info into a website or call into a distro and the collection comes to them. Of course, these games that can be mail ordered are also conveniently the 'best eva!'.

Also no buying project or poor condition games and bringing them back to life.

TNA in the Bally sized cabinet is perfect unless of course you have no Bally games to put next to it.

#11000 1 year ago

R&M2 would be welcomed with totally new layout. But why reuse R&M when they could get another top notch animated series? Spooky should take a fresh look at Scooby-Doo (in the works), BM, South Park, BTTF (great animations) or Simpson’s Treehouse. Sure if they run out of theme ideas, pick R&M2.

Well, doing a sequel to a big hit with the original team is always a great idea for numerous reasons…

R&M is still smoking hot and they have a great relationship with the IP holder. I’m sure the original team has come up with a ton of ideas of what they would do and cool call outs and things they wish they recorded previously.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 220 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/220?hl=ecw0930 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.