7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 269.
#1051 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Moderation notice hitting your inbox in 3...2...1...

Call the Wah-mbulance.

#1052 2 years ago

Do some of you have pissed-in cheerios or poodles that abuse you or something? Good night what a bunch of little children.

#1053 2 years ago

You crossed the line. Pedophilia is not funny dude. You’re disgusting.

Quoted from guitarded:

Strokin' it to chubby children will take it out of a guy.
Have another Tide pod. You'll feel better.

#1054 2 years ago

Joined the Fang Club this week and looking forward to the announcement! I’ll take a Friday the 13th please...or Evil Dead...Beetlejuice...or...

#1055 2 years ago

How about.....

1D324A50-68B8-4D85-A875-F17B424887DE (resized).png1D324A50-68B8-4D85-A875-F17B424887DE (resized).pngAA37C0C9-016F-44C3-A5FF-7A3E0E7A54C4 (resized).pngAA37C0C9-016F-44C3-A5FF-7A3E0E7A54C4 (resized).png
#1057 2 years ago
Quoted from flukevfx:

Joined the Fang Club this week and looking forward to the announcement! I’ll take a Friday the 13th please...or Evil Dead...Beetlejuice...or...

Nice! Did they say what date the announcement is?
Thanks!

#1058 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Christine yes!

I had that backglass made. I think Christine would be a badass pinball!

#1059 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Nice! Did they say what date the announcement is?
Thanks!

Nope. Hope it's soon though.

#1060 2 years ago

Glad this thread found it's way back on track. Here's what I'm hoping for over scooby doo for sure. Plus JB loves pinball so it's perfect!

images (1) (resized).jpegimages (1) (resized).jpeg
#1061 2 years ago

Ive got no money in on this new pin but if i had to guess with Spooky's previous realtionship with Rob Zombie, maybe its "The Devils Rejects/ House of 1000 Corpses" although i'm not sure that movie has the following to justify a pinball machine, but i'm sure they would sell 1000

220px-Captain_Spaulding_(Rob_Zombie) (resized).jpg220px-Captain_Spaulding_(Rob_Zombie) (resized).jpg
#1062 2 years ago
Quoted from Westbury:

Ive got no money in on this new pin but if i had to guess with Spooky's previous realtionship with Rob Zombie, maybe its "The Devils Rejects/ House of 1000 Corpses" although i'm not sure that movie has the following to justify a pinball machine, but i'm sure they would sell 1000
[quoted image]

The existing Rob Zombie game is already based on House of 1000 Corpses...

#1063 2 years ago

Can we do never ending story, but only if we can get this clip in there somewhere

#1064 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Just leaked. First picture of Spooky's next pin.
Killer Kars from Benton.
Jump ramps, two loop de loops, shifters on cabinet sides like guns on Demolition Man to add another way to control the flippers.
Order yours today. You'll be glad you did.
LTG : )
[quoted image]

I'd Ice CREAM my self if it was Killer Klowns From Outer Space!

Killer-Klowns-from-Outer-Space-killer-klowns-from-outer-space-41248594-1139-640 (resized).jpgKiller-Klowns-from-Outer-Space-killer-klowns-from-outer-space-41248594-1139-640 (resized).jpg
#1065 2 years ago

If I say Beetlejuice 3x will it make it more likely?

Goonies - really not getting how this would make a good pinball.

Easiest pass ever.

#1066 2 years ago

How likely is Christine on a percentage scale?

#1067 2 years ago
35272C80-3A95-4332-9D7F-D025DDB7542B (resized).png35272C80-3A95-4332-9D7F-D025DDB7542B (resized).png506ACCBD-BDA2-40B4-AFFF-176D158DAF60 (resized).jpeg506ACCBD-BDA2-40B4-AFFF-176D158DAF60 (resized).jpeg
#1068 2 years ago

Christine... Will be an awesome looking machine...

#1069 2 years ago

Goonies would be a dog shit pinball game, I've already looked at it. Beetlejuice, the same...not enough meat on the bone to make a modern pinball game. Now HALLOWEEN....there's a ton of content there from a whole movie series. It's the game everyone wants to play on Halloween.

Same with a Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th or The Evil Dead. Go for a movie series, not a single movie.

My Jaws game, had everything from Jaws but I also added stuff from Jaws 2 to flesh it out a bit. But that was nearly a decade ago. In 2021, you need a lot more content to justify the insane prices these games now command.

Christine is one of my favorite movies. In the virtual world, you could bash the car and it would magically repair itself, which would be amazing. But in the real world of pinball...it would just wobble on a spring.

I would prefer The Thing...or better still, a John Carpenter tribute table with Halloween, The Thing, Big Trouble in Little China and Christine - all in one game.

#1070 2 years ago

It could have darrnell’s garage that the ball goes into in order for a “build mode”.
Also, a moochie bash toy, which probably wouldn’t go over well.....

#1071 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Goonies would be a dog shit pinball game, I've already looked at it. Beetlejuice, the same...not enough meat on the bone to make a modern pinball game. Now HALLOWEEN....there's a ton of content there from a whole movie series. It's the game everyone wants to play on Halloween.

Are you auditioning to be the CEO of a pinball company that makes poor decisions & doesn’t understand iconic nostalgic licenses that people want to buy?

#1072 2 years ago
Quoted from Optimumsam:

How likely is Christine on a percentage scale?

1.5%. Margin of error plus or minus 1.0%.

#1073 2 years ago

Half the posts in this thread....

3EEEC828-49C0-4082-A7E0-FEA1ECF75F07 (resized).jpeg3EEEC828-49C0-4082-A7E0-FEA1ECF75F07 (resized).jpeg
#1074 2 years ago

If we were all into mainstream themes, we'd all be in the Stern thread.

#1075 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If we were all into mainstream themes, we'd all be in the Stern thread.

Rick and Morty isn’t mainstream?? That was a huge theme for Spooky to get, I hope the next game is just as good.

#1076 2 years ago
Quoted from riggy469:

Rick and Morty isn’t mainstream??

I have nothing against profanity. I own a RZ, but the profanity by itself eliminates Rick and Morty as a mainstream title.

It was a huge theme for Spooky but I’m not sure it’s a huge theme as a whole.

#1077 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It's not Goonies. God damn Goonies. Does that theme have any appeal outside Gen X? Yeah I know we're the ones buying pins but a zoomer at a bar is gonna be like "Goonies? Like, what the eff is that? Totes not on fleek"

Well you've narrowed it down by a lot but let me just say you're not giving me much hope here. You just trashed 'Goonies' one of the single most iconic movies from the 80's. Goonies is beloved still to this day just like Ferris, Fast Times, Blues Brothers, or Ghostbusters.

Let me say this I know more about Horror than probably anyone on this thread. I can only say when I see some of these suggestions like House of a 1000 Corpses or even Texas Chainsaw I cringe.

These movies are niche movies with little following and would be a GIANT step back for Spooky if you ask me. You took a giant LEAP forward with a very popular cartoon, why wouldn't the follow up head into that direction?

When you mention horror or anything in that World, I think about Iconic Movies that still live and breath today. Movies that have become Iconic and followed by even non-horror fans. Texas Chainsaw isn't one of them. All the reboots, all the remakes of Texas Chainsaw have bombed... that tells you something.

You need Lost Boys and why does Lost Boys work because its horror mixed with some comedy. Or you need something that is one of the more highly licensed properties like the original Universal Studios Monster line. You need something with an appear that stretches out of the pinside community.

If we're going to focus strictly on horror Jason, Freddy and Myers are the big three not Leatherface.

I'm guessing to take another leap FORWARD not backwards it has to be a property with wide appeal.

if you ask me if I'm digging into the horror world I'm going with Universal Studios Monsters - Halloween - Jason - Lost Boys - or something really Iconic like The Shinning. No matter what theme it has to be something where you can get the assets which probably excludes The Shinning, Silence of the Lambs, and puts you back with something like The Lost Boys.

Or how about The Crow with that amazing soundtrack the movie has become a CULT CLASSIC! Please don't let it be Texas Chainsaw or something like House of a 1000 Corpses.

And Goonies that is a MUST MAKE TITLE... if Stern does that title it sell 3000 copies instantly. Whomever does Beetlejuice again another 3000 machines SOLD!

Just my opinion. In the end I guess it just depends are you trying to sell 2000 copies or 3 to 500 copies. Theme matters every single time. Given the success you had with MR I would think you'd want to follow that up with something really Iconic. I guess we shall see.

#1078 2 years ago

51xacQGaafL._AC_SY780_ (resized).jpg51xacQGaafL._AC_SY780_ (resized).jpg
#1079 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I have nothing against profanity. I own a RZ, but the profanity by itself eliminates Rick and Morty as a mainstream title.
It was a huge theme for Spooky but I’m not sure it’s a huge theme as a whole.

Adult Swim's mainstream. They just bleep it. Uncensored once it hits HBOMAX later. R&M literally collapsed a national fast food chain's condiment distribution and had people fighting over chicken nugget sauces. THAT is the definition of mainstream.

The pin lets you omit the profanity, no?

#1080 2 years ago

What about lost? That was popular

33572291-DD9F-47DC-83BA-C9B7F66962CD (resized).jpeg33572291-DD9F-47DC-83BA-C9B7F66962CD (resized).jpeg

#1081 2 years ago
Quoted from Gamemodder:

What about lost? That’s was popular
[quoted image]

The terrible last season and ending destroyed any chances of people wanting it. Very much like the last two seasons and ending of Game of Thrones sucking hard soured fans on more Game of Thrones spinoffs. It'll be interesting to see how the shows perform when they debut.

#1082 2 years ago

Well the one horror movie theme I think would be good is Scream if anybody remembers that one or the series.

#1083 2 years ago

Put your weight on it!!!

*TILT*

You flipper-flapping’ low-down sap of a dilapidated machine-shakin’ mathafackah!!!

#1084 2 years ago

Charlie, just reach out to Dave Mustaine and do a MEGADETH pin! You have already done RZ and ACNC. Perfect theme for pinball and plenty of material/art using Vic Rattlehead. DO IT!!

#1085 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Put your weight on it!!!
*TILT*
You flipper-flapping’ low-down sap of a dilapidated machine-shakin’ mathafackah!!!

The call outs and music on a Dolemite pinball machine would be insanely beautiful.

#1086 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Put your weight on it!!!

Love me some Rudy Ray Moore!

Disco Godfather was kinda screwed up though. Lol

Watched another from that genre recently, Black Shampoo. Production values were particularly good on that one.

rd

#1087 2 years ago

889c2ac556dc24dec4440e687e1ca632-1 (resized).jpg889c2ac556dc24dec4440e687e1ca632-1 (resized).jpgc52f15c875aefd2d9e50a22aee003e9c (resized).jpgc52f15c875aefd2d9e50a22aee003e9c (resized).jpg
#1088 2 years ago

Best slasher movie in my opinion and needs a pin.

13433D9D-39A7-4565-AB56-B854CCF71A8D (resized).jpeg13433D9D-39A7-4565-AB56-B854CCF71A8D (resized).jpeg
#1089 2 years ago

Dude… Go-bots sucked, and I know because people that bought me presents were too cheap to get the real thing (i.e. Transformers)

#1090 2 years ago

Quoted from skink91:

Dude… Go-bots sucked, and I know because people that bought me presents were too cheap to get the real thing (i.e. Transformers)

True they were cheap but i still loved playing with them when I was a kid. I used to break them in little pieces and burn holes in them with a magnifying glass in the sun and then pretend my transformers murdered them. LOL

#1091 2 years ago

This is why licences are naff!
An original title would be better and have the ability to surprise you.
Most of the " Classics " were original ideas.

OR

Scooby Doo

#1092 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

More like BLOW-BOTS, amirite?!

Transformers or GTFO.

#1093 2 years ago
Quoted from Gamemodder:

Well the one horror movie theme I think would be good is Scream if anybody remembers that one or the series.

There's a 5th one coming. Same cast.

#1094 2 years ago

I imagine the financial security R&M brought Spooky via an insta-sellout (rather than a long slog through uncertainty) is something they'd to try to replicate. The best chance for that is continuing the move toward more broadly popular IPs than more niche ones. That would disqualify all but a handful of pure horror licenses (Nightmare on Elm Street + Friday the 13th), if even those. The first Scream was a cool movie and I know there are others but doubt people care about them, so that doesn't feel like an iconic "franchise."

Comedy + Horror/Fantasy expands the list a bit. Tim Burton titles (Nightmare Before Christmas and Beetlejuice) could definitely sell a thousand. Evil Dead / Army of Darkness probably too, given its cult fandom.

But out of all of those, I actually think Scooby Doo would be the best option, which I find surprising. I don't sit around watching Scooby Doo, don't collect its memorabilia, and haven't watched it since I was a kid. But the memorable characters, voices, and music, colorful animations, and basic tropes (different mystery monsters to unmask) lend themselves well to pinball and align with the "spooky" brand. Plus they're perfect for kids while nostalgic for parents and can support grown-up winks to adults.

For whatever reason, I'd rather play Scooby Doo than any pure horror pin. Not saying it can't be done, but translating horror to a repeatable fun pinball experience just seems much tougher than with other genres.

#1095 2 years ago

At 1000 games total they would sell out of nearly any theme.

Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I imagine the financial security R&M brought Spooky via an insta-sellout (rather than a long slog through uncertainty) is something they'd to try to replicate. The best chance for that is continuing the move toward more broadly popular IPs than more niche ones. That would disqualify all but a handful of pure horror licenses (Nightmare on Elm Street + Friday the 13th), if even those. The first Scream was a cool movie and I know there are others but doubt people care about them, so that doesn't feel like an iconic "franchise."
Comedy + Horror/Fantasy expands the list a bit. Tim Burton titles (Nightmare Before Christmas and Beetlejuice) could definitely sell a thousand. Evil Dead / Army of Darkness probably too, given its cult fandom.
But out of all of those, I actually think Scooby Doo would be the best option, which I find surprising. I don't sit around watching Scooby Doo, don't collect its memorabilia, and haven't watched it since I was a kid. But the memorable characters, voices, and music, colorful animations, and basic tropes (different mystery monsters to unmask) lend themselves well to pinball and align with the "spooky" brand. Plus they're perfect for kids while nostalgic for parents and can support grown-up winks to adults.
For whatever reason, I'd rather play Scooby Doo than any pure horror pin. Not saying it can't be done, but translating horror to a repeatable fun pinball experience just seems much tougher than with other genres.

#1096 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

At 1000 games total they would sell out of nearly any theme.

But how quickly? I'm doubtful the majority of themes listed here would be quick sellouts

#1097 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

But how quickly? I'm doubtful the majority of themes listed here would be quick sellouts

And the general Spooky resale trajectory over time in the used aftermarket is down. Rick and Morty is the first one that seems to have broken that mold. I'm sure they learned from this and their next title choice will be building on the experience with R&M. So no Leatherface, Reanimator, etc.

#1098 2 years ago

Lost would be great. I’ve watched it completely several times. Number one theme for me. But I thought people said it’s a movie?

#1099 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Lost would be great. I’ve watched it completely several times. Number one theme for me. But I thought people said it’s a movie?

I don’t think it’s the same thing

#1100 2 years ago

I am suprised noone has ever made a Weird Al Yankovic themed pinball machine yet.

20210516_202451 (resized).jpg20210516_202451 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Concord, NC
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.