7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 269.
#10901 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

Wait a minute. The original TNA isn't a full size pin?

No looks smaller than the Beatles pin.

#10902 1 year ago

It’s full size, just not modern size…. It’s about the same size as an 80’s Bally.

#10904 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I think we've found that after Evil Dead is made, Scooby should be next.

Is Evil Dead next for Spooky? I’m going to have a really hard making room but I’d figure out a way for Army of Darkness.

#10905 1 year ago

It is a full sized pin. The length and width are standard for the cabinet and the head. Where it differs is in the depth (or height) at the rear of the cabinet. It is shallower and results in the overall height being about 5-6” lower. It was designed to replicate an early 80’s pin, with a single layer playfield that doesnt need the extra depth for things like ramps, upper playfields or the like.

#10906 1 year ago
Quoted from Completist:

It is a full sized pin. The length and width are standard for the cabinet and the head. Where it differs is in the depth (or height) at the rear of the cabinet. It is shallower and results in the overall height being about 5-6” lower. It was designed to replicate an early 80’s pin, with a single layer playfield that doesnt need the extra depth for things like ramps, upper playfields or the like.

Ahhh...got it. Thanks!

#10907 1 year ago

Heard a rumor that they plan on doing two themes on one layout again for next new release, that would be a mistake IMO. I guess if both games were complete code at release then maybe but spreading themselves too thin I feel if this rumor is true.

#10908 1 year ago

I really hope not. If it’s Scooby Doo and dream theme of mine ( Evil Dead 2 / They Live ) I’m gonna have a serious dilemma and I’m definitely not buying both.

Quoted from manadams:

Heard a rumor that they plan on doing two themes on one layout again for next new release, that would be a mistake IMO. I guess if both games were complete code at release then maybe but spreading themselves too thin I feel if this rumor is true.

#10909 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

I sincerely hope they are not doing that. I agree it would be a mistake to do it again. Dual themed releases do not need to become their "niche" in the pinball world.

#10910 1 year ago

I think it would be smart for Spooky to run TNA 2.0 after HWN/UM while developing ONE new title that then launches with near to complete code. That way the games come out hot, they don’t have a full year of people shitting on the game because the code is not complete etc etc. Launching a few titles back to back with fleshed out code would restore a ton of faith in those buyers that don’t follow the process as closely as some Pinsiders do. I would guess that only about 15% of HWN/UM buyers are truly patient with the coding process. I have mine, I love it but I want more. When I think it’s complete and mostly bug free I’ll bring it to my location for others to enjoy. I am very much hoping that happens in October for obvious reasons haha.

Quoted from damadczar:

I sincerely hope they are not doing that. I agree it would be a mistake to do it again. Dual themed releases do not need to become their "niche" in the pinball world.

#10911 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I really hope not. If it’s Scooby Doo and dream theme of mine ( Evil Dead 2 / They Live ) I’m gonna have a serious dilemma and I’m definitely not buying both.

I feel if Spooky did this it would do them a great disservice and cost them potential sales. Simply because both of those themes would carry themselves.

#10912 1 year ago

What if they still did dual machines but one was licensed and one was fully unlicensed. That way people who are into the IP can have Scooby Doo and everyone else can have Mars Blast-o-tron because they like the way it plays even if they aren't into dog sleuths.

#10913 1 year ago
Quoted from jjga:

What if they still did dual machines but one was licensed and one was fully unlicensed. That way people who are into the IP can have Scooby Doo and everyone else can have Mars Blast-o-tron because they like the way it plays even if they aren't into dog sleuths.

It's cool that they are offering two theme choices whether they are licensed or not, it's the resources they have to devote to making both of them great that is head scratching and worrisome.

#10914 1 year ago

What if they did 1500 Scooby Doo and then did 1500 Evil Dead 2 as the next game right after that with unique layouts? That’s more games sold, more money to be made. Imagine they only do 500 Scooby and 1200 Evil Dead (like HWN/Um) People would be scrambling to buy the Uber limited Scooby and the code would suffer as they have would have a higher obligation to Evil Dead buyers. Imagine the absolute meltdowns you would read on pinside about that?

Spooky just does not have a programming team large enough to release two games at once and make every one happy in a timely manner. I mean, we’re watching this in real time. I bet Charlie is working on one game (Scooby) and it’ll come out after TNA 2.0. I cannot imagine that they would go through the headache and stress of coding AND manufacturing two games at once. It’s insanity. I cant believe they’ve managed this far.

Quoted from Zablon:

I feel if Spooky did this it would do them a great disservice and cost them potential sales. Simply because both of those themes would carry themselves.

#10915 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

What if they did 1500 Scooby Doo and then did 1500 Evil Dead 2 as the next game right after that with unique layouts? That’s more games sold, more money to be made. Imagine they only do 500 Scooby and 1200 Evil Dead (like HWN/Um) People would be scrambling to buy the Uber limited Scooby and the code would suffer as they have would have a higher obligation to Evil Dead buyers. Imagine the absolute meltdowns you would read on pinside about that?
Spooky just does not have a programming team large enough to release two games at once and make every one happy in a timely manner. I mean, we’re watching this in real time. I bet Charlie is working on one game (Scooby) and it’ll come out after TNA 2.0. I cannot imagine that they would go through the headache and stress of coding AND manufacturing two games at once. It’s insanity. I cant believe they’ve managed this far.

I think we are saying the same thing, which is we do not want Scooby and Evil Dead to share a layout, or be released at the same time. They are both major licenses that deserve full attention. I believe HWN was the same way, but I have not played either so I can't speak to if anything has suffered due to 2 different games or not.

#10916 1 year ago

Ahhh gotcha, thought you were saying the opposite. I’m loving my Halloween it just needs more polish and completed code. I know UM is behind but it’ll get there eventually.

Quoted from Zablon:

I think we are saying the same thing, which is we do not want Scooby and Evil Dead to share a layout, or be released at the same time. They are both major licenses that deserve full attention. I believe HWN was the same way, but I have not played either so I can't speak to if anything has suffered due to 2 different games or not.

#10917 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Ahhh gotcha, thought you were saying the opposite. I’m loving my Halloween it just needs more polish and completed code. I know UM is behind but it’ll get there eventually.

Ultraman will be getting a big update on July 10th “Ultraman day”.

#10918 1 year ago

So how close are spooky on finishing the run of Halloween and Ultraman ?

#10919 1 year ago
Quoted from Kenz:

So how close are spooky on finishing the run of Halloween and Ultraman ?

I want to know as well.

#10920 1 year ago

Spooky should hire @devondraws for the art package on the next pin.

AC829FCA-FD31-4414-B20E-2C7D35155B85 (resized).jpegAC829FCA-FD31-4414-B20E-2C7D35155B85 (resized).jpeg
#10921 1 year ago

Edmiston also has some great AoD/ED paintings.

#10922 1 year ago

Oh yeah? Havnt seen, I’ll Google em.

Quoted from fnord:

Edmiston also has some great AoD/ED paintings.

#10923 1 year ago

I've never bought a NIB pin before but......barring some absolutely insane price, I'm in for a TNA. It's been way up on my list for a long time. Apologies to those hoping for something 'new', but I'm fully on-board with the TNA group!

#10924 1 year ago

TNA rumors are pretty exciting.

Factoring out TNA... Spooky will need to ensure that the next title is bulletproof.

I suppose that's why TNA makes perfect sense

#10925 1 year ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

I've never bought a NIB pin before but......barring some absolutely insane price, I'm in for a TNA. It's been way up on my list for a long time. Apologies to those hoping for something 'new', but I'm fully on-board with the TNA group!

Same for me! I have been happily disinterested in being an NIB customer, but TNA is a special case, and I will move stuff around to make it happen! If I manage to snag a TNA spot, it will be my first, and I imagine my only NIB game. And if I miss out, there will be more TNAs out there so better chance of someone within reasonable driving distance of me selling one someday.

#10926 1 year ago

I am going to make TNA happen for sure. It’s been on my radar for a while now. I ask my buddy if I can buy his every time I see him. I am not a single level fan but this game is special.

#10927 1 year ago

Scooby Doo we’re are u let’s do it Spooky .

#10928 1 year ago

It's Trailer Park Boys

#10929 1 year ago

Do a TNA run and cook the code on the next new release. At the same time finish coding UM and HW for the good of all.

#10930 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

It's Trailer Park Boys

I'd be in.

#10931 1 year ago
FB_IMG_1657168640362 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1657168640362 (resized).jpg
#10932 1 year ago

I totally could see Stern or American swipe up the Evil Dead license. Like they did Sonic.
Just to play hardball - maybe our speculation threads are dangerous .

#10933 1 year ago
Quoted from chad:

I want to know as well.

Same. Inquiring minds want to know.
Ready for TNA.

#10934 1 year ago

If they do this I will NEVER buy a Stern ever again. I would lose my f’n mind. #1 dream theme. [Removed]

Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I totally could see Stern or American swipe up the Evil Dead license. Like they did Sonic.
Just to play hardball - maybe our speculation threads are dangerous .

#10935 1 year ago

I was joking with AJ in customer support and told him that "I can't wait for Army of Darkness / Evil Dead to come out! (hint, hint)". He didn't deny it, so I think we can count on it

#10936 1 year ago

Are Danesi and Bowen officially out at spooky? My interest in there games is highly diminished without these two goats in the mix…

#10937 1 year ago

According to linkedin, Scott hasn't been there for a year.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#10938 1 year ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

According to linkedin, Scott hasn't been there for a year.
[quoted image]

Just to clear this up, I decide to remove my clients from my linked in profile. It is true that I have no active contracts with spooky at this time, but you never know what the future holds.
--Scott

#10939 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Are Danesi and Bowen officially out at spooky? My interest in there games is highly diminished without these two goats in the mix…

Bowen works for p3 Multimorphic Inc.

https://www.multimorphic.com/p3-pinball-platform/

#10940 1 year ago

I’m hearing that the next Spooky will be a dual release again and it will be Scooby Doo and Evil Dead. This has me in utter distress as these are two dream themes of mine and I will not buy two games with the same layout. Personally im leaning Evil Dead but I have a location and my guests are gonna really want Scooby. If they do an equal number of games I’ll buy Scooby and trade it for Evil Dead down the line. If Evil Dead is limited to 500 I’m gonna have a real dilemma on my hands.

#10941 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’m hearing that the next Spooky will be a dual release again and it will be Scooby Doo and Evil Dead. This has me in utter distress as these are two dream themes of mine and I will not buy two games with the same layout. Personally im leaning Evil Dead but I have a location and my guests are gonna really want Scooby. If they do an equal number of games I’ll buy Scooby and trade it for Evil Dead down the line. If Evil Dead is limited to 500 I’m gonna have a real dilemma on my hands.

sad_jason_voorhees_by_captaincrunch1950_dal8ah8-fullview (resized).jpgsad_jason_voorhees_by_captaincrunch1950_dal8ah8-fullview (resized).jpg
#10942 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It's too bad that reversing a PF would cost 2x as much. Make one game left oriented, the other right oriented. I really hope that what you say above is not true though. :/

#10943 1 year ago

Bring Scooby doo on oh yes

#10944 1 year ago

More I think about it they need to do just one. Unless if they make two completely different games different play fields everything. Scooby Doo has so much material n content it should have its on layout design. I hope Spooky really puts their thinking caps on with Scooby doo because it good be one of the best pins ever.

#10945 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

More I think about it they need to do just one. Unless if they make two completely different games different play fields everything. Scooby Doo has so much material n content it should have its on layout design. I hope Spooky really puts their thinking caps on with Scooby doo because it good be one of the best pins ever.

Agreed here. If they really are going to do a dual release again, I think it best they do it like they did this time where one is a big one, the other is a more niche one. Both SD and ED are big, and could sell out their own primary allotments no issue as different games.

I am really not clear on how the coding of the dual games is being done, but if not already, it also seems you would want dedicated coders for each individual game for those two licenses.

That being said, I have faith in Spooky.

#10946 1 year ago

I am not interested in a Dual releases again. Even if it is Evil Dead or Scooby.
They should focus on a single title that has been significantly polished for release day.

Think I would order a TNA as long as the price point make sense. Think I'm out if price
exceeds current Bloodsucker prices

#10947 1 year ago

The coding on HWN UM is going so slow that’ it’s negativity affecting opinions on both games. I would be SHOCKED if Spooky decides to do the same thing again with same amount of programmers. They need entire teams to code both games. I love my HWN and I’m being patient but…most arent.

Quoted from Zablon:

Agreed here. If they really are going to do a dual release again, I think it best they do it like they did this time where one is a big one, the other is a more niche one. Both SD and ED are big, and could sell out their own primary allotments no issue as different games.
I am really not clear on how the coding of the dual games is being done, but if not already, it also seems you would want dedicated coders for each individual game for those two licenses.
That being said, I have faith in Spooky.

#10948 1 year ago

The safe bet is TNA.. Give them some time to finish current line. Sure up some capitol and put polish on a new title.
With the recession , labor shortage think they gonna have to slow the roll.

#10949 1 year ago

I couldn't find the post, but I'm pretty sure Spooky posted last year that they would not be attempting dual themes again for future games.

#10950 1 year ago

But, if Scott isn't currently on a project doesn't that mean TNA isn't next? (2.0?) or are you referring to a re-release of original?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/219?hl=jjga and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.