7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 269.
#10751 1 year ago

Why don’t you just buy a TNA then? I can’t believe that some of you would rather a game be re-released than see something new and exciting…even if it’s not your preferred theme.

Quoted from jjga:

Scooby Doo would be a guaranteed no for me. TNA remake would be a guaranteed yes. Anything else falls into “I’m listening intently.”

#10752 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Luckily youre not the creative genius behind ruleset design haha. Scooby Doo is definitely a rich mine to pull from. So many classic monsters/villains…and yeah each a general rules outline could be:
Start Mystery Case:
1. Collect Scooby snacks to begin Hunt monster
2. Collect spins to raise Thelma IQ to Solve crime
3. Collect pop bumper hits for to raise braun meter in order to power up Freddy for capture
4. Combo score to reduce Shaggy’s fear (higher bonus score rewarded at capture.
5. Keep daphne out of danger hurry up. If incomplete in mode you must free Daphne from capture before revealing villain.
5. Complete all objectives and complete progressive shots for villain reveal.
Capture all monsters and reveal all villains for a timed wizard mode. Collect 5billion to keep them in jail. Victory laps after completion where you collect all character objectives in a wave to boost a mega super jackpot per character completion. Complete super jackpot for each character to light:
Supernatural super wizard mode where all villains are transformed into ACTUAL monsters by a final boss.
Kill all monsters and capture the final boss. Maybe some mad occult scientist or creepy alchemist type.
All 29 villains could be coded into the game and appear randomized. You only need to complete 10 villain captures to light wizard mode.
Collect team ups with Scrappy Doo and other secondary characters for added benefits.
And that’s just a basic ruleset. TONS more you could do to deepen and widen.

[quoted image]

Hell yeah now you’re talking. We are on the same page SCOOBY DOO BRING IT ON

#10753 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Why don’t you just buy a TNA then? I can’t believe that some of you would rather a game be re-released than see something new and exciting…even if it’s not your preferred theme.

We definitely don’t need a re released TNAor anything else let’s get some new pins out.

#10754 1 year ago

I still think TNA was their best game.

#10755 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Since they are going to re run them I'd rather buy one NIB with whatever enhancements they will have made based on reliability feedback from v1. I don't think a re-releae precludes a new game getting produced nor does a new game getting produced preclude a re-release.

#10756 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I can’t believe that some of you would rather a game be re-released than see something new and exciting

Quoted from big-c66:

We definitely don’t need a re released TNAor anything else let’s get some new pins out.

I doubt we’re looking at an either/or situation with regard to a TNA re-release or Spooky’s next new game.

Quoted from jjga:

I don't think a re-releae precludes a new game getting produced nor does a new game getting produced preclude a re-release.

Exactly. The Halloween/Ultraman runs could well be finished before the next game in development is ready for production, clearing the way for a second run of TNA to be produced without requiring the attention of the design team. Given the outcry over Halloween/Ultraman’s code, I imagine the designers might welcome some breathing room to really take their time on polishing the next game as near to perfection as possible.

#10757 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

I still think TNA was their best game.

AMH will always be #1 in my heart.

#10758 1 year ago
ZZ592CB0F3-700x700 (resized).jpgZZ592CB0F3-700x700 (resized).jpg
#10759 1 year ago

TNA probably is their best overall game. Rick and Morty would be if it shot better.

I wouldn't mind another all original single level playfield if it had bumping music, great light shows, and simple to understand but difficult to master gameplay. (Which sounds like it may happen at another manufacturer based on some rumors)

#10760 1 year ago

I must be the only person in the world that loves Evil Dead better than 2 and much better than AoD. There is just something about that super low-budget, "indy movie that could" that makes it great.

But I still want a Nightmare on Elm St above all else. And then Friday the 13th.

#10761 1 year ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I must be the only person in the world that loves Evil Dead better than 2 and much better than AoD. There is just something about that super low-budget, "indy movie that could" that makes it great.
But I still want a Nightmare on Elm St above all else. And then Friday the 13th.

I agree with everything you said, especially about A Nightmare on Elm St.

#10762 1 year ago

I may be the only one but I disagree with this wholeheartedly. I don’t have a problem with the way Spooky has rolled out their last two games. Both with Rick and Morty as well as Halloween they rolled the early games out and have continued to work hard on the code as the games continue to roll out and they listen to the owners suggestions and make tweaks and rule changes based on feedback. If people would rather wait and see get a higher number and wait a bit. I know a couple of early owners who have made suggestions and wishlists and their stuff has made it into the game.

I’m completely fine with how they have released their bones for the rule set but keep tweaking and updating and adding. Two things I can think of when it comes to pinball manufacturers one is nothing I have ever seen has completed code and two nobody listens to their consumers like Spooky.

Quoted from Zablon:

One criticism I will say is that the next game needs to be further along code wise on release than HWN/UMN. We are pretty much rolling the dice on how a game will be based on theme alone. Even if the layout is amazing it will only go so far if the code isn't up to par.

#10763 1 year ago
Quoted from rdonohue13:

I may be the only one but I disagree with this wholeheartedly. I don’t have a problem with the way Spooky has rolled out their last two games. Both with Rick and Morty as well as Halloween they rolled the early games out and have continued to work hard on the code as the games continue to roll out and they listen to the owners suggestions and make tweaks and rule changes based on feedback. If people would rather wait and see get a higher number and wait a bit. I know a couple of early owners who have made suggestions and wishlists and their stuff has made it into the game.
I’m completely fine with how they have released their bones for the rule set but keep tweaking and updating and adding. Two things I can think of when it comes to pinball manufacturers one is nothing I have ever seen has completed code and two nobody listens to their consumers like Spooky.

Eh, I understand what you are saying, but it's a practice I just completely disagree with. It's not just pinball though. It's a bad habit that the internet made pretty prolific. I am one who doesn't like to be a beta tester. I got a halfway thru the run R&M and was happy with it, but I wouldn't have been happy with something earlier. These aren't $50 video games. They are now $10k toys and there is an expectation of quality and completeness. This by no means is something that is a Spooky specific complaint, but because they listen it is something they may be willing to improve upon.

#10764 1 year ago

I'm coding as fast as I can!
typing-jim-carrey.giftyping-jim-carrey.gif

#10765 1 year ago

I’ll take a F13 game please

Jason (resized).jpegJason (resized).jpeg
#10766 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

TNA probably is their best overall game. Rick and Morty would be if it shot better.

When you hit your shots it shoots fine.

#10767 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

I'm coding as fast as I can!
[quoted image]

Theme appropriate..!
1j7U.gif1j7U.gif

#10768 1 year ago
Quoted from guitarded:

When you hit your shots it shoots fine.

That's like saying a broken car works as long as you're going down hill.

It's a clunky layout that needs a lot of minor adjustments to make it shoot "fine". I don't think that's a controversial opinion. It's cool if some people like it, but it isn't some great shooting game and it does hurt the overall enjoyment level.

#10769 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

That's like saying a broken car works as long as you're going down hill.
It's a clunky layout that needs a lot of minor adjustments to make it shoot "fine". I don't think that's a controversial opinion. It's cool if some people like it, but it isn't some great shooting game and it does hurt the overall enjoyment level.

They layout was never the issue. The issues were build specification issues. Thus all the tinkering. Shots are tighter than Sterns for sure, but that's a whole other discussion. The game itself plays fine once the build issues are worked out.

#10770 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

They layout was never the issue. The issues were build specification issues. Thus all the tinkering. Shots are tighter than Sterns for sure, but that's a whole other discussion. The game itself plays fine once the build issues are worked out.

If a layout has to be so precisely built and tweaked, it's not a very good design

It's like the subway on Halloween/Ultraman needing to be perfectly pitched and level to mostly work. It's a poor design.

#10771 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

If a layout has to be so precisely built and tweaked, it's not a very good design
It's like the subway on Halloween/Ultraman needing to be perfectly pitched and level to mostly work. It's a poor design.

Agree to disagree on this. I'm not saying that having to tinker is a good thing, but this goes into my "it's another discussion" comment regarding Stern and their uber wide shots.

#10772 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Agree to disagree on this. I'm not saying that having to tinker is a good thing, but this goes into my "it's another discussion" comment regarding Stern and their uber wide shots.

It's not about the shots on Rick and Morty being too tight or whatever. Alice Cooper shoots fine with all of its tight shots. Rick and Morty is just clunky...

#10773 1 year ago

I played on a RaM that shot amazing and I loved it and would have bought it on the spot. Then another RaM that shot like hot garbage and was completely infuriating to play. Like two completely different games, wild.

Quoted from TreyBo69:

It's not about the shots on Rick and Morty being too tight or whatever. Alice Cooper shoots fine with all of its tight shots. Rick and Morty is just clunky...

#10774 1 year ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Rick and Morty is just clunky...

Play better.

#10775 1 year ago

Post better

#10776 1 year ago

Someone said there are mods to open up shots on morty to be smoother?

#10777 1 year ago

Seems like whatever the new title is gonna be, they will knock it out of the park. I cant wait to see what these guys pump out next. Just glad its not another super hero(yawn) or old timer music pin(double yawn) Go get em spooky.

#10779 1 year ago

SCOOBY DOO SCOOBY DOO DO IT SPOOKY

#10780 1 year ago

ED/ED2/AOD with a wormhole shot that transports the player into the different era movies with their own vibes, rules, and digital content. 1 cool interactive toy representing each movie.

#10781 1 year ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

ED/ED2/AOD with a wormhole shot that transports the player into the different era movies with their own vibes, rules, and digital content. 1 cool interactive toy representing each movie.

R&M 2.0 lol

seriously not a bad idea though.

#10782 1 year ago

R&M 2.0. I’d be in on one in a heartbeat, Expand the code so 1.0 owners get a free upgrade as well. I know very unlikely, but the market prices definitely show the demand is there.

I’m in on a TNA 2.0 when they become available. Really cool game.

#10783 1 year ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

R&M 2.0. I’d be in on one in a heartbeat, Expand the code so 1.0 owners get a free upgrade as well. I know very unlikely, but the market prices definitely show the demand is there.

Haven't played TNA but have RNM, ACNC and HW - how would you say TNA compares to those with regards to game play? Thinking about adding TNA but would appreciate your insight here. What say you?

#10784 1 year ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

Well my comment was because what he suggested is basically R&M's main feature.

#10785 1 year ago

Rick and Morty will never be re-released Spooky has promised that only 750 will ever exist. Also…lol @ “expand the code”. RaM arguably has some of the most dense coding of any other pin in existence.

Quoted from ataritoday:

#10786 1 year ago

I've owned a TNA and miss it from time to time. It shines when you play with people over a few beers. Simple rules with fast and furious gameplay.

My favorite spooky is still my tricked out Rob zombie.

#10787 1 year ago
Quoted from zebpin61:

Haven't played TNA but have RNM, ACNC and HW - how would you say TNA compares to those with regards to game play? Thinking about adding TNA but would appreciate your insight here. What say you?

Do you love Bally 80s pins? But wish they played super fast with thumping music? That’s TNA. Just amazing game. I’d get rid of ACNC and RZ and R&M before getting rid of TNA.

#10788 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

RaM arguably has some of the most dense coding of any other pin in existence.

Hold my beer.

#10789 1 year ago
Quoted from benheck:

Pinball manufacturers (including Spooky) grossly underestimate how well an AoD pin would do.
That's the Evil Dead to make too, it's got the best lines, gadgets, visuals etc.

I’m in if they do an Army of Darkness. 100% in, sight unseen. They could incorporate the new Tv series as well, it had great stuff also.

#10790 1 year ago
595BD51B-554C-479E-9D3B-236C0A491EEB (resized).jpeg595BD51B-554C-479E-9D3B-236C0A491EEB (resized).jpeg
#10791 1 year ago

I DID I DID. SCOOBY DOO SCOOBY DOO. THE possibility’s are endless with what you could do.

#10792 1 year ago

I've been way out of the loop about Total Nuclear Annihilation 2nd production run. Is this something possible given they stopped original run at 550?

I'm still kicking myself not putting myself on the wait list in 2017 during CAX. Ugh....

How likely Spooky would do another TNA run?

#10793 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

I've been way out of the loop about Total Nuclear Annihilation 2nd production run. Is this something possible given they stopped original run at 550?
I'm still kicking myself not putting myself on the wait list in 2017 during CAX. Ugh....

Very likely. The designer has posted about updated features it will include that current owners would be able to upgrade separately. Also, Spooky will likely need some time after HWN to get their next game dialed in with deeper code before release… and they can’t just let a production line go dead.

#10794 1 year ago

Had a chance yesterday to meet and hang out for a few with some of the people from Spooky while at Pinfest.

Great people, great company. I bought a hoodie just to throw a little extra support their way. Love my HW CE and can’t wait to see what’s next for them!

#10795 1 year ago

So, is it the general consensus that either Army of Darnkess and/or Scooby Doo are likely next? Does anyone think Spooky will be undertaking another duel release?

#10796 1 year ago

As long as you keep coding, I can probably do that.

Quoted from zermeno68:

It's possible and likely we will do another run at some point. TNA was never promised as a limited run.

Quoted from monitorpop:

Also, Spooky will likely need some time after HWN to get their next game dialed in with deeper code before release… and they can’t just let a production line go dead.

We added a lot of talent in the last year. That has allowed us to keep pumping code into Halloween and Ultraman while starting on future projects.

#10797 1 year ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

We added a lot of talent in the last year. That has allowed us to keep pumping code into Halloween and Ultraman while starting on future projects.

Great to hear! Looking forward to Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure!

#10798 1 year ago
Quoted from monitorpop:

Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure!

Pee-Wee is terrifying

#10799 1 year ago
Quoted from NovaCade:

Great people, great company. I bought a hoodie just to throw a little extra support their way. Love my HW CE and can’t wait to see what’s next for them!

Hopefully they make it out to Houston this year in the fall. Not sure if they’ve ever been to that show.

#10800 1 year ago

Any updates… code or otherwise?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arabi, LA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Grand Haven, MI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/216 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.