7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,399 posts in this topic. You are on page 215 of 268.
#10701 1 year ago
Quoted from trecemaneras:

I guess I don't see why owning a product should be a special status for anyone.

They're still going to cost $7-8000+ so I don't think the participation trophy comparison is apt. As far as undermining the future of the business, I think it only hurts Spooky if they increase the supply beyond demand. At their boutique capacity, it doesn't seem to me like they're in immediate danger of doing that.

Hopefully you don't feel strafed! Just my thoughts

Appreciate your thoughts/input, no harm-no foul. Feeling lucky kind of equates to heightened appreciation for finding something special, acting on it and/or taking the chance. From a supply and demand perspective we consumers thrive on availability but get pumped on perceived shortage. Finiteness can drive motivation, appreciation and $. I guess I'm tired of companies repeatedly going back to a successful "product" or theme until it's so tired and worthless, it's lost it's magic. But I run on.... sorry. Let's play some pinball!

#10702 1 year ago

The tick would be a great alternative to a superhero pin.

2954674B-C4E6-4BAF-85F4-8B427031F1A5 (resized).jpeg2954674B-C4E6-4BAF-85F4-8B427031F1A5 (resized).jpeg
#10703 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

The tick would be a great alternative to a superhero pin.
[quoted image]

SPOOOOOOOOOOON! Multiball.

#10704 1 year ago

The Tick would be so fun (as long as it’s the cartoon, not the live action shows) and have so many good call outs!

#10705 1 year ago

Bug said they would have my money on next 3 pins. Yikes! He knows my taste though... Has me worried. Gonna need a second job I think.

Also I LOVE the They Live! Idea. Do like a glasses on mode etc. The all out of bubblegum line at startup.

#10706 1 year ago

Kraftwerk.

#10707 1 year ago

Spawn would be a good theme for them

#10708 1 year ago

I'd really like to see a Peanuts pin. Anyone else?

FB_IMG_1626242346043 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1626242346043 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211129-003455_Instagram (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211129-003455_Instagram (resized).jpg
#10709 1 year ago

My wildest dream would be Scream. They've proven they can do horror movies. Aren't you all tired of Superhero and band games? Bring on the horror!

Unknown (resized).jpegUnknown (resized).jpeg
#10710 1 year ago

Anybody mentioned Hellraiser? Asking for a friend..

#10711 1 year ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I can't upvote this (or repeat it enough). Evil Dead / Army Darkness with Bruce Campbell doing the callouts! PLEASE!!! Take my money!

I think you need to skip evil dead & evil dead II and jump to army of darkness where there was no mistaking how funny it was. So much material in there.

#10712 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

I think you need to skip evil dead & evil dead II and jump to army of darkness where there was no mistaking how funny it was. So much material in there.

Evil Dead 2 was pretty much a funny remake of Evil Dead. The game could just be AoD, but ED2 has some great lines in it too. May as well incorporate both!

#10713 1 year ago
Quoted from crujones4life:

I'd really like to see a Peanuts pin. Anyone else?

Ya, Peanuts is super scary

#10714 1 year ago

Army of Darkness would be great also MST3K the Pin, plz

#10716 1 year ago

I’d really love it if they did a line of slasher pins. Jason, a redo for Freddy, Texas Chainsaw, Scream….so many possibilities

#10717 1 year ago

Just Spitballn' , seeing what sticks...
Texas Chainsaw
Reanimator
Phantasm
Dexter
Sleepaway Camp
Scarface
Jackass
Cheech and Chong
greatest American hero
Spaceballs
Friday the 13th
Shameless
Goonies
UFC

#10718 1 year ago
Quoted from duckdodgers:

Texas Chainsaw
Reanimator
Phantasm
Dexter
Sleepaway Camp
Scarface
Jackass
Cheech and Chong
greatest American hero
Spaceballs
Friday the 13th
Shameless
Goonies
UFC

Jackass would translate perfectly to pinball. Collect shots to collect cast members or something and maybe get rewarded with a clip featuring them. Would need a Wee Man upper playfield that was Stewie pinball sized hah

#10719 1 year ago

Could you imagine the final wizard mode on Sleepway Camp? …scary penis multiball? Reanimator or Dead Alive (Brain Dead) would be incredible

Quoted from duckdodgers:

Texas Chainsaw
Reanimator
Phantasm
Dexter
Sleepaway Camp
Scarface
Jackass
Cheech and Chong
greatest American hero
Spaceballs
Friday the 13th
Shameless
Goonies
UFC

#10720 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

I mean...it's every bit as scary as Ultraman.

#10721 1 year ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Jackass would translate perfectly to pinball. Collect shots to collect cast members or something and maybe get rewarded with a clip featuring them. Would need a Wee Man upper playfield that was Stewie pinball sized hah

On this note...Action Park might make an interesting theme for a pin. Make it around avoiding injuries/lawsuits on the rides.

#10722 1 year ago

Pinball manufacturers (including Spooky) grossly underestimate how well an AoD pin would do.

That's the Evil Dead to make too, it's got the best lines, gadgets, visuals etc.

#10723 1 year ago
Quoted from gandamack:

Just imagine being Charlie Brown.

#10724 1 year ago

House 1985 with William Katt
Army of darkness
Sweeney todd

#10725 1 year ago

Based on my observations we are going to make many people VERY happy!

#10726 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

MV5BODcyYzM4YTAtNGM5MS00NjU4LTk2Y2ItZjI5NjkzZTk0MmQ1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjU0OTQ0OTY@._V1_.jpgMV5BODcyYzM4YTAtNGM5MS00NjU4LTk2Y2ItZjI5NjkzZTk0MmQ1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjU0OTQ0OTY@._V1_.jpg
#10727 1 year ago

If it is ED2 / AoD, then I am hoping I am NOT a huge fan of Halloween when it shows up next week. Because I only have room for 4 pins and 3 are already bolted to the floor. One will have to go for an AoD pin, because that one will be bolted down with the biggest bolts of all! I would even have to order butter for that one, which is not something I have opted for on my other 4 Spooky pins...

If I end up liking Halloween as much as I think I will, then I am in for a world of hurt if/when AoD comes out...

#10728 1 year ago

While I prefer ED 2 over AOD, I would absolutely have to buy it. Happy with halloween (only had a few days now). I'd find room for an AOD/ED pin...period. I met Bruce at a book signing many years ago (20 years or so). Funny dude for sure. There are so many lines for a game it's crazy. Boomstick multi ball?

#10729 1 year ago

I can hear 1000's of wallets weeping already.

Also, I'm not sure why people are thinking it will be limited to 1 movie or another...I would assume it would just be based on the ED universe in general.

#10730 1 year ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

So its going to be a horror theme pin with all of the greats included! Sweet!

#10731 1 year ago

Friday the 13th would be an automatic must have for me. It would sit perfectly right next to my Halloween (patiently waiting for). It would be interesting to see how it would be put together. Which characters and scenes from the various movies would be incorporated, so many to choose from?

#10732 1 year ago

Spooky would be smart to release something with a bit of humor after the very serious Halloween pin. Evil Dead 2, Army of Darkness or Scooby Doo would all be perfect. Personally I’m hoping for an Evil Dead 2 pin. But would buy any of those for sure. I stand by the fact that Scooby Do would be a massssive earner.

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

#10733 1 year ago

Steamboat Willy confirmed!

#10734 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Spooky would be smart to release something with a bit of humor after the very serious Halloween pin. Evil Dead 2, Army of Darkness or Scooby Doo would all be perfect. Personally I’m hoping for an Evil Dead 2 pin. But would buy any of those for sure. I stand by the fact that Scooby Do would be a massssive earner.

If Spooky will listen SCOOBY DOO WOULD BE A ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC PIN N WILL SALE LIKE HOT CAKES. Come on SPOOKY over 50 years of material to work with and loved by thousands don’t let it slip through your fingers.

#10735 1 year ago

I think TNA rerun is confirmed!?

https://www.rs-pinball.at/produkt/tna/

#10736 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

If Spooky will listen SCOOBY DOO WOULD BE A ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC PIN N WILL SALE LIKE HOT CAKES. Come on SPOOKY over 50 years of material to work with and loved by thousands don’t let it slip through your fingers.

I DON'T KNOW -- wait, sorry. I don't know if you can be sure a pin will be great just because it has what you think would be a great theme. To state the obvious, there are lots of great themes that wound up being very mediocre pins, and vice versa.

One thing I do know would be great about it is that on the show, the spookiness is always revealed to be shenanigans rather than supernatural, just like real life. It is rather interesting how they were able to drag that basic premise out for so long and still be mildly entertaining.

I wonder how it would translate to a pin though. Hit this target to pull the sheet off the guy? Collect Scooby snacks (yawn)? I'm doubtful that it's the gold mine for ideas that one might assume at first.

I would love to be proven wrong, though! A great pin transcends the theme, and I don't doubt that great creative minds could come up with something to make my concerns look premature.

#10737 1 year ago

One criticism I will say is that the next game needs to be further along code wise on release than HWN/UMN. We are pretty much rolling the dice on how a game will be based on theme alone. Even if the layout is amazing it will only go so far if the code isn't up to par.

#10738 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

One criticism I will say is that the next game needs to be further along code wise on release than HWN/UMN. We are pretty much rolling the dice on how a game will be based on theme alone. Even if the layout is amazing it will only go so far if the code isn't up to par.

Working on it! 2 programmers full time now. In talks with a 3rd and 4th! Takes time to hire the right guys for the job but we are on it.

#10739 1 year ago

Hopefully a lot of knowledge has been gained from past mistakes and this next game blows everything else out of the water!!

#10740 1 year ago

That's a clue! They wouldn't need four programmers to rerun TNA.

#10741 1 year ago

They do a pin a year right so will be 9 months for next one?

#10742 1 year ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

That's a clue! They wouldn't need four programmers to rerun TNA.

Yes please. My Beatles and Primus need another single level friend.

#10743 1 year ago

Luckily youre not the creative genius behind ruleset design haha. Scooby Doo is definitely a rich mine to pull from. So many classic monsters/villains…and yeah each a general rules outline could be:

Start Mystery Case:

1. Collect Scooby snacks to begin Hunt monster
2. Collect spins to raise Thelma IQ to Solve crime
3. Collect pop bumper hits for to raise braun meter in order to power up Freddy for capture
4. Combo score to reduce Shaggy’s fear (higher bonus score rewarded at capture.
5. Keep daphne out of danger hurry up. If incomplete in mode you must free Daphne from capture before revealing villain.
5. Complete all objectives and complete progressive shots for villain reveal.

Capture all monsters and reveal all villains for a timed wizard mode. Collect 5billion to keep them in jail. Victory laps after completion where you collect all character objectives in a wave to boost a mega super jackpot per character completion. Complete super jackpot for each character to light:

Supernatural super wizard mode where all villains are transformed into ACTUAL monsters by a final boss.

Kill all monsters and capture the final boss. Maybe some mad occult scientist or creepy alchemist type.

All 29 villains could be coded into the game and appear randomized. You only need to complete 10 villain captures to light wizard mode.

Collect team ups with Scrappy Doo and other secondary characters for added benefits.

And that’s just a basic ruleset. TONS more you could do to deepen and widen.

Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I DON'T KNOW -- wait, sorry. I don't know if you can be sure a pin will be great just because it has what you think would be a great theme. To state the obvious, there are lots of great themes that wound up being very mediocre pins, and vice versa.
One thing I do know would be great about it is that on the show, the spookiness is always revealed to be shenanigans rather than supernatural, just like real life. It is rather interesting how they were able to drag that basic premise out for so long and still be mildly entertaining.
I wonder how it would translate to a pin though. Hit this target to pull the sheet off the guy? Collect Scooby snacks (yawn)? I'm doubtful that it's the gold mine for ideas that one might assume at first.
I would love to be proven wrong, though! A great pin transcends the theme, and I don't doubt that great creative minds could come up with something to make my concerns look premature.

A5DA9ED4-30F6-4CC2-8E80-7EE5380445E8 (resized).jpegA5DA9ED4-30F6-4CC2-8E80-7EE5380445E8 (resized).jpeg

#10744 1 year ago

Scooby Doo would be a guaranteed no for me. TNA remake would be a guaranteed yes. Anything else falls into “I’m listening intently.”

#10746 1 year ago

They were okay..but definitely not the standard of others in their class. Let there be carnage was a huge letdown.

#10747 1 year ago
Quoted from jjga:

Scooby Doo would be a guaranteed no for me. TNA remake would be a guaranteed yes.

Opposite for me. Bring on the Scooby-Doo snacks. Get Matt frank on art package again and no way I’m missing out on scoobs.

#10748 1 year ago

I'd be down for Scooby-Doo....prefer Evil Dead/AOD but honestly either sound great.

#10749 1 year ago
Quoted from jjga:

Scooby Doo would be a guaranteed no for me.

How’s that?

You haven’t even seen it yet. (If that’s the next one)

It might be the best machine ever made.

Gameplay and rules are remembered long after the translite is forgotten.

rd

#10750 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

How’s that?
You haven’t even seen it yet. (If that’s the next one)
It might be the best machine ever made.
Gameplay and rules are remembered long after the translite is forgotten.
rd

For me to buy a machine for home, I have to like the gameplay, art, and for lack of a better term “feel” of a game. I wasn’t ever into Scooby Doo, so it wouldn’t hit on art or feel. Doesn’t mean it would be a bad game or even that I wouldn’t play it elsewhere. Just means I wouldn’t buy one for me.

It is good there is a wide range of opinion on these things in the community, lest the new releases become boring.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Saginaw, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
NinjaCamp Mods
Other
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
6,295 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlington, NC
8,800 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods
Shooter rods
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 300.00
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
There are 13,399 posts in this topic. You are on page 215 of 268.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/215 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.