7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 269.
#10601 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Zapp Brannigan on the callouts would be great: "You win again gravity!"

Kif!

#10602 2 years ago
57748F1E-C9B0-4C55-BBBD-30125DC673D6 (resized).jpeg57748F1E-C9B0-4C55-BBBD-30125DC673D6 (resized).jpeg
#10603 2 years ago

It's kinda neat on something like Futurama you could get one voice actor like Billy West who can do custom callouts for multiple characters like Fry, Farnsworth, Zoidberg, Zap, and Nixon (who is obviously the bad guy in the game)

He's also on cameo if you just feel like hearing Zap yell "velour jackpot"

#10604 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

It's kinda neat on something like Futurama you could get one voice actor like Billy West who can do custom callouts for multiple characters like Fry, Farnsworth, Zoidberg, Zap, and Nixon (who is obviously the bad guy in the game)
He's also on cameo if you just feel like hearing Zap yell "velour jackpot"

I now have a life goal to get on some studio's list as an approved character voice actor.

#10605 2 years ago

If you are doing scooby-doo, be sure to get Marc Silk or Frank Welker for callouts. Both guys are the best in the business.

#10606 2 years ago

Speaking of voice actors. Do a Scream and Scooby Doo dual release. Matthew Lillard can do voices for both

#10607 2 years ago

Pull off the mask of these Scooby-Doo recommendations and you might find Stern's marketing team.

#10608 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Army of darkness: insta buy. Annoying dog cartoon, not so much.

I'd think just a pure Evil Dead theme would work. Could have the Cabin and Army of Darkness split theme maybe. I feel Army of Darkness would get some people saying it's just a spooky version of Medieval Madness. But damn, the Bruce Campbell callouts would be amazing and if they can incorporate film clips.

Not that I think Scooby would be bad, that's not really something I'd really want.

#10609 2 years ago

Whelp, Multimorphic scooped Weird Al out from Spooky so my pin dollars are reserved now, but I could see moving something for a TNA 2.0.

#10610 2 years ago

Rick and Morty Season 2: The Revenge. You heard it here first folks.

#10611 2 years ago
Quoted from Alaskanzen:

Rick and Morty Season 2: The Revenge. You heard it here first folks.

Another version would be cool, but it would be so much better if they picked another theme. Simpsons Treehouse of Horrors comes to mind.

#10612 2 years ago

I think the show is way past its sell-by date but another South Park would be cool. All the best episodes came after the pin, just like Data East Simpsons.

#10613 2 years ago

Any of the shows would be great. While the new displays are a mixed blessing, there is no question they would be a welcome addition to Simpsons, South Park, Family Guy, or, something that hasn't been done yet, like Futurama.

#10614 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I think the show is way past its sell-by date but another South Park would be cool. All the best episodes came after the pin, just like Data East Simpsons.

We never even got ONE Beavis and Butthead, which is criminal. That show was tailor-made for callouts. I feel like Mike Judge would be amenable to doing custom callouts for it. But even if not, there are a million people that can do serviceable imitations.

beavis and butthead mockup.pngbeavis and butthead mockup.png
#10615 2 years ago

That would be a fun way of doing a music pin.

#10616 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

We never even got ONE Beavis and Butthead, which is criminal. That show was tailor-made for callouts. I feel like Mike Judge would be amenable to doing custom callouts for it. But even if not, there are a million people that can do serviceable imitations.
[quoted image]

GWAR Multiball!!!!!!

#10617 2 years ago

The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror please…

Quoted from lpeters82:

Any of the shows would be great. While the new displays are a mixed blessing, there is no question they would be a welcome addition to Simpsons, South Park, Family Guy, or, something that hasn't been done yet, like Futurama.

472C05E2-AB4A-489B-987B-8C417BE0D9D0 (resized).jpeg472C05E2-AB4A-489B-987B-8C417BE0D9D0 (resized).jpeg
#10618 2 years ago

Need something to compete with Sterns Godzilla and Jurassic Park!

DF6A581C-02FD-45B6-AFF3-EC70EDA371F3 (resized).jpegDF6A581C-02FD-45B6-AFF3-EC70EDA371F3 (resized).jpeg
#10619 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Need something to compete with Sterns Godzilla

Oh man, shots fired at Ultraman! haha.

#10620 2 years ago

For some reason, that particular comic book art just reminded me of MDK2

1 (resized).png1 (resized).png2 (resized).png2 (resized).png3 (resized).png3 (resized).png
#10621 2 years ago

Lol, didnt mean it that way. DD was my favorite comic as a kid, I still have the whole collection. Id be all in for a Devil Dinosaur pin!

Quoted from spooky_dj:

Oh man, shots fired at Ultraman! haha.

#10622 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Another version would be cool, but it would be so much better if they picked another theme. Simpsons Treehouse of Horrors comes to mind.

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Who is to say it isnt an upgrade packed to existing machines (and or a small run of new machines). TOH is cool, but there also have been two Simpons pins and their shelf life also may be a bit dated.

#10623 2 years ago

Just suggesting Phantasm for the five hundredth time.

CB06DA89-5C2B-42E6-8308-07D5747D776C (resized).pngCB06DA89-5C2B-42E6-8308-07D5747D776C (resized).png
#10624 2 years ago
Quoted from OriginalFresh:

I’m personally imaging the art work and video clips in the style of Hanna-Barbera.
[quoted image]

Hanna Barbera is the ONLY real Scooby-Doo. Period. End of discussion.

#10625 2 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

Just suggesting Phantasm for the five hundredth time.

"The final game now begins..."

#10626 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Hanna Barbera is the ONLY real Scooby-Doo. Period. End of discussion.

SCOOBY DOO ALL THE WAY IT WOULD BE FANTASTIC.

#10627 2 years ago

First time posting in here ( no idea if it's been brought up yet)....

Predator...PLEASE!!! you can take my $$ now, lol..

Believe right up your alley, and know it would be knocked out of the park!!

#10628 2 years ago
Quoted from o07eleven:

I'd think just a pure Evil Dead theme would work. Could have the Cabin and Army of Darkness split theme maybe. I feel Army of Darkness would get some people saying it's just a spooky version of Medieval Madness. But damn, the Bruce Campbell callouts would be amazing and if they can incorporate film clips.
Not that I think Scooby would be bad, that's not really something I'd really want.

Not if you put the cabin on another level. Evil Dead. C'mon do it. Do it. Larger lower playfield like Black Hole, Haunted House.

#10629 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

The Predator pin didn't go so well last time...

#10630 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I’d love one, too. My four fave movies are:

TBL
Alien
Matrix
Predator

First two movies have had pins made of them already and JJP is rumored to have Matrix license. So Spooky needs to grab and develop. Predator, and it is past due. The original pinball machine was never licensed and that made it a no/go from the start, but the rules were developed and shared online and these would have made a fun game. The artwork was good too. Unfortunately the layout was horrid, bad enough to ruin the whole experience.

Predator would make for a good pinball theme because it : 1) has hundreds of good movie quotes (more than any movie not named Princess Bride) 2) is an action movie, 3) has bankable stars and 4) is a cheap, cheap, cheap license.

#10631 2 years ago

I don't care which company makes it, but it needs to be done.

wacky (resized).pngwacky (resized).png
#10632 2 years ago

Twisted Metal would make an awesome pin. Every car can have it’s own mini wizard modes to unlock cut scenes. Defeating Darkside,Minion, and Dark Tooth to win your one wish from Calypso.

0E32BF5F-BAD9-4D03-85B2-ED2AAEDAB869 (resized).jpeg0E32BF5F-BAD9-4D03-85B2-ED2AAEDAB869 (resized).jpeg

#10633 2 years ago

Those are both ******* fantastic ideas. I think Scooby Doo and the Reluctant Werewolf would fall in the same category. I've played lots of twisted metal 4 for sure. Would it just be a more grungy version of AP Hotwheels though? haha. Come to think of it, nobody has done a modern video game theme that I know of. Potentially untapped market there, and I have a handfull of ideas that I think would kill in that category.

#10634 2 years ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Those are both ******* fantastic ideas. I think Scooby Doo and the Reluctant Werewolf would fall in the same category. I've played lots of twisted metal 4 for sure. Would it just be a more grungy version of AP Hotwheels though? haha. Come to think of it, nobody has done a modern video game theme that I know of. Potentially untapped market there, and I have a handfull of ideas that I think would kill in that category.

You can start with the warriors! Ps2 game was awesome not to mention the movie! Evil Dead had a badass game also. Bring on the boomstick!

#10635 2 years ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Spooky do SCOOBY DOO N U WILL HAVE A MAJOR HIT. SO MUCH CONTENT N MATERIAL TO WORK WITH. IT IS LOVED BY SO MANY IT HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BE ONE OF THE GREATEST PINS EVER.

#10636 2 years ago

Resident Evil or Fallout would be good modern video game themes. They have both had releases that span generations of gamers. There's plenty of lore and assets to draw from for pinball too.

#10637 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Motörhead.
It’s the obvious choice.
Loved by all.

Hmmmm …

rd

83385673-FCAB-4229-906D-E9192F0A1FA3 (resized).jpeg83385673-FCAB-4229-906D-E9192F0A1FA3 (resized).jpeg
#10638 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Resident Evil or Fallout would be good modern video game themes. They have both had releases that span generations of gamers. There's plenty of lore and assets to draw from for pinball too.

I was wrong, this thread is still fun. Add Bioshock and Doom to the list of video games with great lore. One game can have a water feature, one can have a fire feature.

PS: What was the last video game based theme, Street Fighter???

#10639 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I was wrong, this thread is still fun. Add Bioshock and Doom to the list of video games with great lore. One game can have a water feature, one can have a fire feature.

Rollercoaster Tycoon

#10640 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Ohh man, Bioshock might be a dream theme for me

#10641 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

modern video game themes

Dark Souls pinball. Flippers have a stamina bar and you can't flip for 5 seconds if you run it out.

(to be clear, I do not think this would be a good idea )

#10642 2 years ago
Quoted from trecemaneras:

Dark Souls pinball. Flippers have a stamina bar and you can't flip for 5 seconds if you run it out.
(to be clear, I do not think this would be a good idea )

That’s basically in Mandalorian already as an optional method of play

#10643 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

That’s basically in Mandalorian already as an optional method of play

Hah! I had no idea, I should watch a tutorial or something

#10644 2 years ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Ohh man, Bioshock might be a dream theme for me

"Would you kindly" add that to our secret public list.

#10645 2 years ago

I know! Finish FOOD TRUCK.

#10646 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I know! Finish FOOD TRUCK.

Design a PinBar for the Pinotaur

#10647 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

At one point there was a planned expansion slot on the Pinheck board (used in RZ) that was called PinHeck Addon Board / User Logic Optional Universal Slot. PHABULOUS, would've been great for a PinBar

#10648 2 years ago

Always enjoyed Motörhead since I discovered them in high school in 90’s. Thought maybe something like a game like Brutal Legend would work for a pin.

Quoted from rotordave:

Hmmmm …
rd[quoted image]

#10649 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Trademark abandoned and available.

#10650 2 years ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

At one point there was a planned expansion slot on the Pinheck board (used in RZ) that was called PinHeck Addon Board / User Logic Optional Universal Slot. PHABULOUS, would've been great for a PinBar

Never let any unused IO stay buried!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

Trade
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/213?hl=guitarded and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.