7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 269.
#10451 2 years ago

Ya'll realize the bigger issue with Beetlejuice is Jeffrey Jones, right?

Though this Baldwin thing doesn't help.

Beetlejuice license? "Let it go Junior...."

#10452 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Aw man, if beetlejuice is out, what am I going to do with all my red herring pictures?? Completely unrelated, Jupiter says hi from Pincinnati

20211204_205335 (resized).jpg20211204_205335 (resized).jpg
#10453 2 years ago

Well played sir - have a safe trip home!

Quoted from spooky_dj:

Aw man, if beetlejuice is out, what am I going to do with all my red herring pictures?? Completely unrelated, Jupiter says hi from Pincinnati[quoted image]

#10454 2 years ago

My vote is still Hardbody II.

#10455 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

JJ could easily be dropped from a Beetlejuice pin, and no one would care otherwise.

#10456 2 years ago

Maybe the licensor cares

Quoted from Capn12:

JJ could easily be dropped from a Beetlejuice pin, and no one would care otherwise.

#10457 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Maybe the licensor cares

If that is the holdup, then yeah, there won't be any BJ pin and that's that. But if it is just a concern about imagery of JJ, assets can easily be left out/not used. It has been done plenty, already.

#10458 2 years ago

I think Creesphow would be AMAZING - I'm due to get an Alice Cooper any day now, and the comic book animations are giving off a bit of a Creepshow vibe. You already have 8 modes ready to go out of the gate (each story from 1 &2), the artwork could mimic the comic book intermissions, you have the story narrator to make callouts etc, it's absolutely perfect for pinball!

I didn't think I would have another dream movie theme outside of Halloween, Alien, BTTF, Ghostbusters and Jaws - but I think this one would definitely make the cut!

Come on Spooky - "Where's my caaake"!

#10459 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I think Creesphow would be AMAZING - I'm due to get an Alice Cooper any day now, and the comic book animations are giving off a bit of a Creepshow vibe. You already have 8 modes ready to go out of the gate (each story from 1 &2), the artwork could mimic the comic book intermissions, you have the story narrator to make callouts etc, it's absolutely perfect for pinball!
I didn't think I would have another dream movie theme outside of Halloween, Alien, BTTF, Ghostbusters and Jaws - but I think this one would definitely make the cut!
Come on Spooky - "Where's my caaake"!
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"466eae2a3cad26399cd18d9aeb18df2098ea9429-1638750260-1800"};
//]]>

Creepshow would be perfect. It’s the right mix of silly, scary and bloody. Squash those bugs!

#10460 2 years ago
3 weeks later
#10461 2 years ago

I also would love to see "Big Trouble in Little China"

3 weeks later
#10462 2 years ago

I'm really hoping for a rerun of Total Nuclear Annihilation after Spooky is done cranking out all the Ultraman and Halloweens before their next game. I've heard that they will be rerunning it in a standard sized cab. I rotated a TNA through my basement and miss it. Rick and Morty is the better overall package but TNA may be the better game from a standalone point of view. Still loving my Rick and Morty.

#10463 2 years ago

Come on Spooky... you know Weird AL would do great callouts.and has a huge catalogue to pull from. I want a multiball song!

Screenshot_20220122-074139_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220122-074139_Chrome (resized).jpg
#10464 2 years ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Aw man, if beetlejuice is out, what am I going to do with all my red herring pictures?? Completely unrelated, Jupiter says hi from Pincinnati[quoted image]

Can't make out what the sign says inside the bridge picture. Anyone?

Screenshot_20220122-112126_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220122-112126_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#10465 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Come on Spooky... you know Weird AL would do great callouts.and has a huge catalogue to pull from. I want a multiball song!
[quoted image]

A Weird Al pin from Spooky would be awesome and a definite buy from me even if I’d have to sell something to make the room.

#10466 2 years ago

Evil Dead franchise pin.

#10467 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

[quoted image]

Deadflip (JD) works for Stern. “Stern Pinball” is literally linked in the screen grab. Al is playing a Stern pin.

You do realize this has nothing to do with Spooky, right?

#10468 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Deadflip (JD) works for Stern. “Stern Pinball” is literally linked in the screen grab. Al is playing a Stern pin.

Why does that matter? He’s playing pinball. Who cares who the manufacturer is? The point is that Al apparently has an interest in pinball. It’s highly doubtful that Stern would do a Weird Al pin, but it would be quirky enough to be in Spooky’s wheelhouse. I think that’s what he was trying to say.

#10469 2 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

Why does that matter? He’s playing pinball. Who cares who the manufacturer is? The point is that Al apparently has an interest in pinball. It’s highly doubtful that Stern would do a Weird Al pin, but it would be quirky enough to be in Spooky’s wheelhouse. I think that’s what he was trying to say.

Sure.

#10470 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

100%. However, this was posted by Deadflip before he was a Stern employee.

For what it is worth, I went to school in Lubbock Texas. One of the local high schools had a teacher that had apparantly dated Weird Al a few decades earlier (so the rumour goes). She used to tell her students about how he was charming and about how he had pinball machines at his house.

4th hand anecdote.

Regardless, I think Weird Al would make a great pin, he'd do great callouts, and his silly nature fits very well with the Spooky mantra.

We love Al!

#10471 2 years ago

If it's "Weird Al" do we get a license to parody other pinball machines?

#10472 2 years ago

I personally have no interest in a Weird Al theme… but aligning with the release of a movie about him (staring Harry Potter) seems like good timing:

EF7DF225-4A29-4EC7-B252-CAD1C706B662 (resized).jpegEF7DF225-4A29-4EC7-B252-CAD1C706B662 (resized).jpeg
#10473 2 years ago

UHF the Pin. Save the TV station by playing TV modes that parody/homage classic pinball games and the like. Do well for a higher audience ratings and finish with a big telethon fundraiser super jackpot.

#10474 2 years ago

Pretty sure it's going to be powerpuff girls

#10475 2 years ago

'We Don't Need No Steenkin Multiball'

#10476 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

UHF the Pin. Save the TV station by playing TV modes that parody/homage classic pinball games and the like. Do well for a higher audience ratings and finish with a big telethon fundraiser super jackpot.

Real spinning wheel of fish

#10477 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

If it's "Weird Al" do we get a license to parody other pinball machines?

This is a winning idea

#10478 2 years ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Pretty sure it's going to be powerpuff girls

Mojo Jojo Multi-Jo

#10479 2 years ago

Weird Al is theme that I didn't know I needed. I'd like to see Slash Solo parody with an accordian bash toy.

#10480 2 years ago

I have seen "Wierd Al" in concert more the any other artist. Actually, it's a tie with Reel Big Fish.

#10481 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I have seen "Wierd Al" in concert more the any other artist. Actually, it's a tie with Reel Big Fish.

Weird Al seems like great theme for adapting similar to Alice Cooper: less about "greatest hits" with modes for each song, but more built around the artist and their personality and style. Al does such great voice work, I can't imagine how much fun his callouts could be.

1 week later
#10482 2 years ago

Cmon Spooky….

BB98073E-C5E3-4201-9D09-70B20DAEB512 (resized).jpegBB98073E-C5E3-4201-9D09-70B20DAEB512 (resized).jpeg
#10483 2 years ago

Whatever the new Spooky pin IS I just hope they don’t let the cat of the bag before all of the HWN/UM are built. Could cause a sticky pickle of people jumping ship for the new hot thing.

#10484 2 years ago

There is already a nearly perfect JD pin though, why not just buy that?

Quoted from J85M:

Cmon Spooky….
[quoted image]

#10485 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Nearly perfect? Theme, art, callouts are great yes… but gameplay and layout is tired. I have only sold 2 pins that I have owned, and I even warned the buyer (a friend) that he will get tired of it fast. He did and also either sold it or is trying to as well.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

#10486 2 years ago

I feel like spooky taps into the nostalgia nerve and Goonies would be perfect for them. It would be a day one sell out for sure. I’m in on the day one order.
Also in on the TNA 2.0 day one order.

889E724E-C3B9-497F-B889-9C477CCA4622 (resized).jpeg889E724E-C3B9-497F-B889-9C477CCA4622 (resized).jpeg
#10487 2 years ago

My point was that the original has great theme integration and the world doesn’t need another. I like JD a lot as a game too but only in a collection. If you only had room for one pin I’d definitely not choose JD.

Quoted from skink91:

Nearly perfect? Theme, art, callouts are great yes… but gameplay and layout is tired. I have only sold 2 pins that I have owned, and I even warned the buyer (a friend) that he will get tired of it fast. He did and also either sold it or is trying to as well.
Different strokes for different folks I guess.

#10488 2 years ago
Screenshot_20220205-105856_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220205-105856_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220205-105946_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220205-105946_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220205-110107_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220205-110107_Google (resized).jpg
#10489 2 years ago

If they would do a beetle juice or goonies would be great a lot of material to work with. Now if they were to do SCOOBY DOO IT WOULD BE FANTASTIC.There’s so much material from nearly 50 years of shows n is loved by so many children through all those years n now they have kids n grandkids that love it u could have a major hit n open pinball to a hole new generation in my opinion. Do it SPOOKY

#10490 2 years ago

Looking forward to hearing more about more about the TNA 2.0 Run. When ?

While we are in the topic of 2.0…. Can we have a 2.0 Rick and Morty ? I had to chance to try it at Helicon. Brewery in Pittsburgh and I have had the craving ever since. It just absolutely kicked my butt, it was brutally hard and I loved it. Had that just one more game vibe I cannot get enough of.

Would be an instant buy for me (but I just can’t handle the pin flatiron prices in it, ugh)

So I know rerunning a machine is controversial so here is my idea…. New sizable run would allow for investment in a Lin all new software package or even a massive expansion. All v1.0 owners get the new software for free.

So current owners get to upgrade their games with new content, And some of us who were slow to get on the train have a chance to buy one. Spooky gets to build more of a great machine

Weird Al would be awesome, callouts would be fantastic, Music would be awesome, plenty of modes to get. From the songs…. I’m just not sure what it should look like ? Do I want to stare at weird Al, No more than I want to stare any angus on ac/dc. Hi he thing about weird Al is h has great music from the 80s, 90s, 00s and in…. Maybe a time travel theme…. Still not sure about the the art… This theme is worthy of its own thread. Likely weird Al would be glare at to work with…. He just has so much good music, it’s like a greatest hits tour of the last 3 decades, you get 80s, rap, 90s rock, nirvana covers, so much.

How about a TNA & R&M 2.0 package deal…. Sign me up. Will send deposit now .

#10491 2 years ago

RaM was limited to 750. They cannot make anymore or renew the license. That’s it.

Quoted from ataritoday:

Looking forward to hearing more about more about the TNA 2.0 Run. When ?
While we are in the topic of 2.0…. Can we have a 2.0 Rick and Morty ? I had to chance to try it at Helicon. Brewery in Pittsburgh and I have had the craving ever since. It just absolutely kicked my butt, it was brutally hard and I loved it. Had that just one more game vibe I cannot get enough of.
Would be an instant buy for me (but I just can’t handle the pin flatiron prices in it, ugh)
So I know rerunning a machine is controversial so here is my idea…. New sizable run would allow for investment in a Lin all new software package or even a massive expansion. All v1.0 owners get the new software for free.
So current owners get to upgrade their games with new content, And some of us who were slow to get on the train have a chance to buy one. Spooky gets to build more of a great machine
Weird Al would be awesome, callouts would be fantastic, Music would be awesome, plenty of modes to get. From the songs…. I’m just not sure what it should look like ? Do I want to stare at weird Al, No more than I want to stare any angus on ac/dc. Hi he thing about weird Al is h has great music from the 80s, 90s, 00s and in…. Maybe a time travel theme…. Still not sure about the the art… This theme is worthy of its own thread. Likely weird Al would be glare at to work with…. He just has so much good music, it’s like a greatest hits tour of the last 3 decades, you get 80s, rap, 90s rock, nirvana covers, so much.
How about a TNA & R&M 2.0 package deal…. Sign me up. Will send deposit now .

#10492 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

RaM was limited to 750. They cannot make anymore or renew the license. That’s it.

And Charlie has said many times that if they ever did a 2.0, it would be an entirely new machine.

It isn’t going to be run again, no matter how many people try to will it into existence.

#10493 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Gameplay on it is not great and the comic theme is brilliant but the movie for me nailed dredd in a modern up to date live action style.

And why not make something again that’s popular and successful it has a huge cult following now and stern and JJP have both been hugely successful revisiting old themes for a 2nd go, why not spooky jumping into that 2nd chance success?

#10494 2 years ago

Ah gotcha, I didn’t like any of the movies. The original comic is the only thing that interests me really

Quoted from J85M:

Gameplay on it is not great and the comic theme is brilliant but the movie for me nailed dredd in a modern up to date live action style.
And why not make something again that’s popular and successful it has a huge cult following now and stern and JJP have both been hugely successful revisiting old themes for a 2nd go, why not spooky jumping into that 2nd chance success?

#10495 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Ah gotcha, I didn’t like any of the movies. The original comic is the only thing that interests me really

You didn’t like the Karl Urban Dredd? Man I loved that movie was gutted it never got a sequel after the studio screwed it with one of the worst marketing campaigns ever.

Definitely think Spooky could do well revisiting an old title that didn’t get a stellar game, it’s works brilliantly for JJP more than once and multiple times for Stern.

#10496 2 years ago

If spooky wants to dethrone Addams Family and sell 20k plus pins this is the theme to do to !

40CD3BA3-7AE8-4409-9F05-4AAEEBE4C23B (resized).jpeg40CD3BA3-7AE8-4409-9F05-4AAEEBE4C23B (resized).jpeg
#10497 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

If spooky wants to dethrone Addams Family and sell 20k plus pins this is the theme to do to ![quoted image]

Put. The Candle. BACK!

#10498 2 years ago

Most important.

E3FB2238-B43E-4844-8D9D-CF6BE706E454 (resized).jpegE3FB2238-B43E-4844-8D9D-CF6BE706E454 (resized).jpeg
#10499 2 years ago

Never build more R&M, very clear…..but maybe R&M 2.0…..I wasn’t suggesting the same exact game…….. new code, new art, new playfield ? Does it need to be all 3 ? Was trying to thread be needle with suggestion above of pleasing current owners and getting some more out there….

Anyhow… can’t wait for TNA 2.0.

How about Buffy the vampire slayer ?

#10500 2 years ago
Quoted from ataritoday:

Never build more R&M, very clear…..but maybe R&M 2.0…..I wasn’t suggesting the same exact game…….. new code, new art, new playfield ? Does it need to be all 3 ? Was trying to thread be needle with suggestion above of pleasing current owners and getting some more out there….
Anyhow… can’t wait for TNA 2.0.
How about Buffy the vampire slayer ?

Think of it as more of a Data East vs Stern Jurassic Park as opposed to say Stern Star Wars vs. Stern Star Wars comic edition.

i.e. an entirely different machine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/210?hl=xdetroit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.