7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,399 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 268.
#10201 2 years ago

That woman in the car with the floating hand animation is not the best. I know it s early. They say that there will be many more movie assets . When they do that it will make this game be a real contender. Needs more movie assets. Let the movie do its thing spooky. Great Job. Still very excited for my CE.

#10202 2 years ago

Multiballs on Ultraman look awesome

Idk what mode or wtf is going on but it looks like fun

#10203 2 years ago

Disclaimer: I am biased as I have a UM CE on order.

Initial impression: UM both looks and sounds better than HWN. I personally just think UM is a better theme overall for pinball. YMMV

#10204 2 years ago

The code on UM seems to be further along than Halloween. The light shows are crazy good. I hope Halloween will catch up.

#10205 2 years ago

2 nice looking games, but more frustrating than fun to shoot. A nice novelty in your collection, but it won't stay there for long.

#10206 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Disclaimer: I am biased as I have a UM CE on order.
Initial impression: UM both looks and sounds better than HWN. I personally just think UM is a better theme overall for pinball. YMMV

Please don’t turn these threads into “one is better than the other”

We have far too much of that on Pinside as it is.

rd

#10207 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Agreed! Both seem like a lot of fun. I'm just more of a Halloween kind of guy.

#10208 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

I'm just giving my personal opinion Dave. Don't be so sensitive.

I even gave a disclaimer saying that I am biased. I also said YMMV.

What else do you need? It's not something to argue about, since you can't be right or wrong on this. It's 100% purely subjective.

#10209 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

2 nice looking games, but more frustrating than fun to shoot. A nice novelty in your collection, but it won't stay there for long.

Maybe if you only like double ramp fan layouts that's probably true.

#10210 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"0fd311464e5f0e1099a6e917d2cb4e75e032c424-1628385027-1800"};
//]]>

Maybe if you only like double ramp fan layouts that's probably true.

Spot on….I think they both look like fun shooters, and light show interaction is strong….once all assets in place should be a great game (either one, depending on your preference)….Halloween for me…

#10211 2 years ago

While we argue which one is better…think about what Spooky pulled off. 2 pins (yes, the same layout), but 2 pins. Different graphics, lighting, code/rules, sounds, video…all at the same time, from a boutique pinball company. That is nothing short of phenomenal. Congrats to the whole crew, what an accomplishment!!!!!!

#10212 2 years ago

So if you did not watch it live its gone now?

#10213 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

So if you did not watch it live its gone now?

Jack said on facebook he would be uploading the VOD tonight.

#10214 2 years ago

Fun stream tonight. Bug did a GREAT job walking through the rules in an entertaining and engaging way. One of the better stream reveals I've seen in a while.

Both games look great and am looking forward to both! Great job team spooky!

#10215 2 years ago

I didn't get to watch the stream due to work. I did see the UM when they first switch to it, not sure what was going on but the light show that went crazy colorful was hell a cool.

#10216 2 years ago

Still liking UM better overall. HWN integration just isn't clicking with me. Maybe it's not coded yet but the multiballs need more frantic music...as it was, there was no music at all during one of them.

#10217 2 years ago

Yes you are right, when you look at both pins, the UM immediately picks you up more. Sound & light attract you just in a minute.
But i think Halloween scores on a whole other level, and that's what makes it so unique in the pinball market.

If you want to put it negatively, you could say 'boring', but I see it more as very, very reduced. That combined with the Carpenter vibe is exactly what makes it work. I'm sure if the pin is completely ready it will be gorgerous.

Do we not have enough action pins most of the time made by Stern, where the player is penetrated by stressful always the same sounding soulless guitar music and callouts?
If you are not a guy which can only enjoy life with Thrash Metal 24/7.
When i'm in the mood for it, i'll play my Metallica.

So i like to have different pins for different moods in my collection.

BTW: i was not a great fan of the theme when it was released, but finally i ordered one, because of the playfield design and of cause the trust in Spooky generally.

#10218 2 years ago

I thought ultra was more polished and looked better, and I have zero interest in that theme and have a HWN on order.

That being said, I'm sure they will work hard incorporating all the assets they have yet to code on Halloween.

Very impressive what SPOOKY had done this far.

#10219 2 years ago

Just want to take a minute to say a huge "thank you" to Jack DeadFlip for taking the time and effort to get this stream up for all of us

Well done!

#10220 2 years ago
Quoted from mtn-:

I would love if Spookys next game would be another John Carpenter classic, ie "Escape from New York". Imo Carpenters best movie ever.

I just said that to my girlfriend last week. Huge potential for an amazing game!

#10221 2 years ago

I just checked Facebook and YouTube and I can't find the gameplay stream. Anyone know where one can one watch it?

#10222 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

I just checked Facebook and YouTube and I can't find the gameplay stream. Anyone know where one can one watch it?

#10223 2 years ago

Okay. Does anybody have an extra Ultraman on order they want to sell me? At cost of course you greedy bastards. Hahaha! Jk but seriously sell it to me.

#10224 2 years ago

I think some distro still have them ?

Edit : haven’t looked for atleast a week but they’ve been advertised . A few calls may get you a game ( or at least a spot ) .

#10225 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Okay. Does anybody have an extra Ultraman on order they want to sell me? At cost of course you greedy bastards. Hahaha! Jk but seriously sell it to me.

https://nitropinball.com/collections/pinball-machines/products/ultraman-collector-edition-preorder

#10226 2 years ago

Check with Kingpin games. They said on the stream last night they still had some.

#10227 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

I get the 2nice looking games, but more frustrating than fun to play? I guess you must of played them 'virtually' in your mind. I love(not) how a person could think their opinion is and will be a blanket statement for the entire population. People like different things. Do you even have a #? And if so you might as well put it up for sale and let someone who's gonna appreciate it take delivery. That's my opinion, sorry its 'different' from yours and perhaps the rest of the world. But I'm ok with that.

#10228 2 years ago

So Scooby Doo is next?

#10229 2 years ago

These machines look sweet. The animation looks killer and really enhances the game. Who would just want movie footage? If you want movie footage go watch it. I really appreciate the creativeness overall and giving a different perspective to the series.

#10230 2 years ago
Quoted from Stemmy:

These machines look sweet. The animation looks killer and really enhances the game. Who would just want movie footage? If you want movie footage go watch it. I really appreciate the creativeness overall and giving a different perspective to the series.

I want both, and if my memory is correct that's what we were sold. No worries though as I believe that is what will be delivered. In anticipation for some bloodutation!

#10231 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

So Scooby Doo is next?

I sure hope not.

#10232 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Me too! UM looks incredible!!!

#10233 2 years ago

Halloween gameplay looks fun! Playfields look well-designed, challenging and fun and the sound package is spectacular. The game features a nice mix of movie clips and new animations, and I’m happy to hear call outs from the film, including Donald Pleasance, in addition to the voice actor doing DP. Pretty sure I heard the original “have you ever done anything like this before?” when the ball went up to the Smith’s Grove playfield. If correct, that’s awesome! Very encouraging reveals so far! Looks great to me.

#10234 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

So Scooby Doo is next?

Nope. Air Supply: The Pinball Experience.

#10236 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Nope. Air Supply: The Pinball Experience.

All Out of Love MB. Make the shots to drain the heart revealing the super heart break jackpot.

#10237 2 years ago

A little constructive feedback, I hope. Come up with a better name for the modes than "incidentals" in the bonus count section. Like maybe Battles for Ultraman and Encounters for Halloween?

#10238 2 years ago
Quoted from Billygrippo:

You seem like your down for action friend.

You're poor grammar turns me off. Sorry.

#10239 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

You're poor grammer turns me off.

Your poor grammar AND spelling turns me off as well.

#10240 2 years ago

Clearly the "you're" was intentional but...

Quoted from skink91:

Your poor spelling turns me off as well.

Screenshot_20210808-184957_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210808-184957_Google (resized).jpg

#10241 2 years ago

I liked them both, but I will admit that after a while I did find the atmosphere of Halloween kind of oppressing. I could only take the dark horror-theme and music for so long before I needed a palate cleanse. Which thankfully, UM provided.

This comes from someone that really likes 78 Halloween movie too. So I think I could only play HWN for short bursts.

#10242 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I liked them both, but I will admit that after a while I did find the atmosphere of Halloween kind of oppressing. I could only take the dark horror-theme and music for so long before I needed a palate cleanse. Which thankfully, UM provided.
This comes from someone that really likes 78 Halloween movie too. So I think I could only play HWN for short bursts.

For this exact reason, I hope I can load Halloween code on my Ultraman every now and then.

#10243 2 years ago

I'm so glad that Spooky is in the mix, because they are really the only pinball manufacturer that I would buy from, ( & CGC ) quality seems on point & kudos for having a red hot crack, I'm sure in the future they will produce something that appeals to me & ill have no hesitation to buy. As we all know; not every theme or layout / gameplay is for everyone. Super happy for all those peeps that wanted and got one, hope you have many years of fun with them. Now im hangin out for the next spooky title.

#10244 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I want both, and if my memory is correct that's what we were sold. No worries though as I believe that is what will be delivered. In anticipation for some bloodutation!

We currently have 19 original movie clips approved as well as some original sound effects, quotes, etc. We will keep adding everything we can get!

#10245 2 years ago
Quoted from tp:

I get the 2nice looking games, but more frustrating than fun to play? I guess you must of played them 'virtually' in your mind. I love(not) how a person could think their opinion is and will be a blanket statement for the entire population. People like different things. Do you even have a #? And if so you might as well put it up for sale and let someone who's gonna appreciate it take delivery. That's my opinion, sorry its 'different' from yours and perhaps the rest of the world. But I'm ok with that.

Pretty sure he has a 2D Halloween pin that he built, so he is just bagging on the new kid on the block.

#10246 2 years ago

I liked both games, Halloween was creepier and the music was amazing, of course. The screen animations were horrible, although I did see a short clip from the film at one point (very short) so that seems to indicate that there are more movie assets to come, so hopefully it doesn't turn into a JP with zero movie clips or call-outs from the film (we couldn't hear the call-outs during the stream but I'm pretty sure there are call-outs from the film as well).

But it was ULTRAMAN that won me over as I'd never heard of this IP before but loved the whole kitshiness of it all. The light show was pretty great, as well as the special sounds and even the shit on the screen worked with what the game was (and you can apparently set the game to play in "japanese", if interested). If I had them both in front of me, I'd probably play ULTRAMAN first, but they book look pretty sweet. Thanks to Spooky for having the stream even though the games are sold out and they didn't really have to, and Jack Danger for being a great host/player as per usual.

#10247 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We currently have 19 original movie clips approved as well as some original sound effects, quotes, etc. We will keep adding everything we can get!

Great news!!!!

#10248 2 years ago

I'm very happy to see a company like spooky interacting with pinside. Listening to feedback positive and negative. So many companies/designers keep there blinders on. There vision only right or wrong. Pride and ego get in the way all at the games expense. Spooky listens and it feels like a community coming together to make a wonderful product. Thank you Spooky for being humble and contributing so much to pinball. I will now offer my opinions and happily await my final product.

#10249 2 years ago

Now slap in those motherboards Mr Lucas!

#10250 2 years ago

I was really scratching my head at this too - seemed really bad.

Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

The screen animations were horrible

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
NinjaCamp Mods
Other
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Minneapolis, MN
9,300 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods
Shooter rods
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 300.00
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,399 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 268.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/205 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.