7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 203 of 269.
#10101 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Spooky is awaiting certain clearances from the licensor and working out the code in the meantime. It’ll come, frustrating but not that odd.

It is odd, because on numerous podcasts spooky insisted they didn't want our first impression to be a bad one, and then they let our first impression be some crap shakeycam footage from a show of someone playing who clearly hasn't seen a pinball machine before.

#10102 2 years ago

And until then, we have nothing else to talk about but what the name should be called in reference to pinside. We need more content for our sanity.

#10103 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

And demanding everyone post exactly to your specifications doesn’t make you sound like an outraged douche? Ha. I love this place.

And thats why there is an upvote/downvote system. Getting upset over them is silly though.

#10104 2 years ago

I am honestly surprised HWN is not #1 in the top 100 based on the 3 minute game play video

#10105 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:Spooky is awaiting certain clearances from the licensor and working out the code in the meantime. It’ll come, frustrating but not that odd.

Just as a general licensing question, not related specifically to HWN.

If a product is this far along, could the licensor pull the plug? Or are there repercussions if they attempted that?

Again, this is a general licensing issue question.

#10106 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

If a product is this far along, could the licensor pull the plug? Or are there repercussions if they attempted that?

I believe only if the licensee violates terms of their agreement and does not rectify said terms to satisfy licensor.

#10107 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

I mean Spooky and the IP owner will for sure have some sort of contract, so no, the licensor could not just pull out. At least not without breaking their contract. Which would open them up to all kinds of liabilities.

#10108 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Nope that's why we sign contracts! You guys are reading way to far into this lol all good. We are organizing a stream and I would just hope ya guys don't base your whole opinion on a show cell video!

#10109 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Nope that's why we sign contracts! You guys are reading way to far into this lol all good. We are organizing a stream and I would just hope ya guys don't base your whole opinion on a show cell video!

I for one dont care about a live stream. Even if done correctly I personally get nothing out of it. Just does not translate to my brain watching pinball video on a phone or computer screen. I've already invested in both machines so what's to see. Not like I'm gonna bail on either one.
Nothing beats unboxing and enjoying it first hand in a dark gameroom with no distraction. Build build build spooky!

#10110 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

That’s the funny part to me .In the cell phone vid by Billie Joe Armstrong(Compliment bud),the little it had showed me exactly what I wanted in terms of the suspense and speed .Ill go out on a limb and state my opinion ,is that when you get a good ball going and are progressing the atmosphere will suck you in like a whale shark !

#10111 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

My apologies, I really didn't mean to imply anything. It was just something I had thinking about before When thinking about zep, mandalorion etc. I just happened to ask here.

No rush or worries here!

#10112 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I would just hope ya guys don't base your whole opinion on a show cell video!

Conceivably you’ve been working on this game for more than a year. You also control your release schedule. So given those facts I imagine you’d think to organize events such that you have a polished presentation to go as part of the announcement. There’s a super easy way to avoid people judging your work based on shaky cellphone video: have your own video ready to go before you release the game.

Perhaps I don’t really understand the goings on behind the scenes that lead to everything being a last minute rush, or as is the case here a month too late. I would love to hear the reasons so I can have my perspective adjusted appropriately. It’s just from what I can see that it seems kinda slapdash.

That said, I guess in the grand scheme it doesn’t matter since it sold out pretty quick without even that shaky video. And I certainly am part of the problem being UMCE #143. Can’t argue results.

#10113 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Conceivably you’ve been working on this game for more than a year. You also control your release schedule. So given those facts I imagine you’d think to organize events such that you have a polished presentation to go as part of the announcement. There’s a super easy way to avoid people judging your work based on shaky cellphone video: have your own video ready to go before you release the game.
Perhaps I don’t really understand the goings on behind the scenes that lead to everything being a last minute rush, or as is the case here a month too late. I would love to hear the reasons so I can have my perspective adjusted appropriately. It’s just from what I can see that it seems kinda slapdash.
That said, I guess in the grand scheme it doesn’t matter since it sold out pretty quick without even that shaky video. And I certainly am part of the problem being UMCE #143. Can’t argue results.

They did have a nice polished trailer for each game. Maybe they thought that was enough and I suppose it was with the craziness on ordering day. My guess, and purely a guess, was they needed or wanted to get the announcement out prior to Ultraman day, which was a few days after ordering launched.

#10114 2 years ago

Lol, people.
This is a family run boutique pinball company with a handful of people. This isn't some big company with managers, HR departments and marketing department. I am sure they are learning with each pin they put out and most people wear multiple hats and are spread a little thin.
Cut them some slack on what you think should or could be done.

Hope you all enjoy your pin when it arrives.

It is so great to have choices other than a Stern pinball machine these days.

#10115 2 years ago

I think this will be the first time I plan on not watching any gameplay video before I get the game. Should be interesting when I unbox and play.

#10116 2 years ago

Im curious why not just give the date of the stream? Is it supposed to be a secret for some odd reason? Are these types of decisions being made literally last minute by the licensor? Is it a scheduling thing or a code thing?

Why not just state the date or simply mention what the hold up is? Is there really no date in mind and the best we keep hearing is "soon"?

Quoted from jwilson:

#10117 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Certain things go together very well...

Beetlejuice & Spooky Pinball
[quoted image]

Beetlejuice could be an amazing game.
Personally I would love to see Spooky lock up a contract for all things Tim Burton.

#10118 2 years ago

All we can do is wait… (well besides bitch and moan about it)
7E57D777-0A9F-47C2-85D4-B4ACEB1CF965 (resized).jpeg7E57D777-0A9F-47C2-85D4-B4ACEB1CF965 (resized).jpeg

#10119 2 years ago

I was at the post office today and saw these Scooby and Hot Wheels stamps on the wall. Made me think Scooby might be a better fit for American Pinball… while Spooky focuses on things that would never make it on US postage.

20376BD2-8A80-427E-8C71-8B60E0AD4596 (resized).jpeg20376BD2-8A80-427E-8C71-8B60E0AD4596 (resized).jpeg
#10120 2 years ago

Yes! My personal holy grail pinball would be Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure.

Rube Goldberg machine breakfast, The Alamo (basement?), Route 66 dinosaur, Francis, evil clowns, Large Marge!, etc…

Quoted from Morinack:

Beetlejuice could be an amazing game.
Personally I would love to see Spooky lock up a contract for all things Tim Burton.

#10121 2 years ago

Most licensor will require you get their approval before showing anything that has to do with their IP. For instance, posting a graphic on Instagram to announce that Halloween was their next game.

However, I'd you had clearance to take the games to shows, it makes no sense to me that the delay for a stream would require further approvals.

In my experience, going to a show with something would be the height of approvals.

Something tells me they know the scrutiny of Pinside, and they are trimming fat before the feed the wolves.

#10122 2 years ago

Yeah I agree - but why not just come out and say it. I’m cool with that. Takes about 60 seconds and one or two sentences on your favorite platform and it will get distributed to others. That’s just as non committal as saying soon but provides clarity.

Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Most licensor will require you get their approval before showing anything that has to do with their IP. For instance, posting a graphic on Instagram to announce that Halloween was their next game.
However, I'd you had clearance to take the games to shows, it makes no sense to me that the delay for a stream would require further approvals.
In my experience, going to a show with something would be the height of approvals.
Something tells me they know the scrutiny of Pinside, and they are trimming fat before the feed the wolves.

#10123 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Yeah I agree - but why not just come out and say it. I’m cool with that. Takes about 60 seconds and one or two sentences on your favorite platform and it will get distributed to others. That’s just as non committal as saying soon but provides clarity.

There could be more to this than we know... Who knows!?!?

I feel like if you put a deposit on this game, you assumed a risk considering we saw nothing before throwing her money at the screen. I'm personally fine with that, which is why I was fine just seeing some crappy trade show videos.

Would it be nice they did a Stern-like reveal, sure. Would we have liked to see it before shelling out money, sure.

But our pockets are bigger than our brains, so we jumped in because we had to have the new shiny pinball machine.

I'm guilty too... I bought both!

#10124 2 years ago

Yeah for sure I’m with you - there is just so much mystery surrounding pinball. And I’m not talking like I don’t understand fomo or the fact that if we knew the titles for the next year we would probably select only certain ones or hold on to our cash.

I’d like to know the reason to not just say something. What’s the strategy or are you too busy. Inquiring minds want to know. I’m not bashing anyone just interested in learning the strategy

Quoted from WizardsCastle:

There could be more to this than we know... Who knows!?!?
I feel like if you put a deposit on this game, you assumed a risk considering we saw nothing before throwing her money at the screen. I'm personally fine with that, which is why I was fine just seeing some crappy trade show videos.
Would it be nice they did a Stern-like reveal, sure. Would we have liked to see it before shelling out money, sure.
But our pockets are bigger than our brains, so we jumped in because we had to have the new shiny pinball machine.
I'm guilty too... I bought both!

#10125 2 years ago

Lots of things have to fall into place. I’m guessing no one is complaining Jack Danger hasn’t made it a priority to do the video reveal. Or maybe we don’t need him…but then there would be those complaining it’s not quality enough. It’s coming. If you’re upset that you put money on something and it still hasn’t been revealed the way you like, that’s on you. On top of timelines (Spooky, Jack Danger, licensor), I’m sure they just want to put on the best video reveal they can…best quality video, best quality game, best quality code (to an extent). After all, on tiny misstep and pinside will lose their minds and say what a sh!t show it is. Patience!

#10126 2 years ago

I don't want to see vid to decide if I'm keeping the pin, I am just pumped about it and want to see more!

#10127 2 years ago

If the game ships and there is still no video of game play, would that be a first?

#10128 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

If the game ships and there is still no video of game play, would that be a first?

No. Stern does it all the time. Games ship with either just photos and a mere game play teaser, just as Spooky has done.

#10129 2 years ago

Live stream this Saturday evening both games!

#10130 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Live stream this Saturday evening both games!

tenor (1).giftenor (1).gif
#10131 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Someday I am sure we will sit around a table and talk about all the crazy behind the scenes stuff we deal with making pinball lol. Would make one hell of a movie.

#10132 2 years ago

I'd pay to watch that!

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Someday I am sure we will sit around a table and talk about all the crazy behind the scenes stuff we deal with making pinball lol. Would make one hell of a movie.

#10134 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Things That Go Bump In The Night: Part II confirmed!
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#10135 2 years ago

After the live stream either the demand will increase or there will be a big dump off of spots. I favor the former.

#10136 2 years ago

This is pinball not the stock market.

Quoted from jkashani:

After the live stream either the demand will increase or there will be a big dump off of spots. I favor the former.

#10137 2 years ago

The biggest variable in the stream is probably the internet in Benton. Probably nerve racking regardless of how good they know the game is.

#10138 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Pinside needs a reality show ! If people shooting alligators ,women marrying wealth getting drunk all day complaining ,and 2 brothers digging up a whole island to find coins get a show why the hell not

#10139 2 years ago

STOOOOOOOKED.
I have a LOT of gear to lug out to Benton.
I miss streaming with my Spooky Pals!

#10140 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

STOOOOOOOKED.

You would schedule this to happen right in the middle of my first official IFPA tournament since COVID lol.

#10141 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

STOOOOOOOKED.

What time will it be?

#10142 2 years ago

Time is TBD, but Aiming for my usual live time. In or around 6pm c. (Give or take)
I'll announce tomorrow, when we're all set up and feeling good.

#10143 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

STOOOOOOOKED.

Looking forward to this!!! Do you think it will be recorded??

#10144 2 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Looking forward to this!!! Do you think it will be recorded??

It will for sure be recorded.
Pending any DMCA stuff, the replay may be a couple days after, if I have to dispute anything.

#10145 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

It will for sure be recorded.
Pending any DMCA stuff, the replay may be a couple days after, if I have to dispute anything.

I will have to set my VCR, if i can get it to stop blinking 12:00!

#10146 2 years ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

STOOOOOOOKED.

I am sure the Spotted Cow and cheese balls await your arrival. May the stream be with you!

#10147 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Yes. For sure this needs to be done.
I will happily be the camera guy for a year.
A year in the life of Spooky Pinball. Pinocumentry!

#10148 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Oh yeah? When’s it gonna act like it? Speculate much everyone?

#10149 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Are you sure? JJP CEs sure seem like MEME stocks…

#10150 2 years ago

I guess we’ll wait and see. Not sure pinball is the best way to pad your portfolio but do you.

Quoted from monitorpop:

Are you sure? JJP CEs sure seem like MEME stocks…

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Gilbert, AZ
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 203 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/203?hl=capn12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.