7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 269.
#10051 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

People who bought munsters probably had the same feeling lol. It’s a joke so fan boys please relax. I hope your right. And by the time my #790 Halloween CE gets made we see some good progress.

Wow, you are so quick to judge, good lord. Munsters? Really? This is going to put Spooky with/surpass the big boys and they know it. They will not blow it.

#10052 2 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:Halloween is by far one of the most influential films of my life and all I can say is I am doing every possible thing I can do to live up to the high bar John Carpenter set. I literally have been working day/night to make this shine. Moreover, I know the very high standards pinball enthusiasts have and want to make each and every owner proud to show this amazing machine off to everyone they know.

1. Awesome response! I love, and can relate to your passion for Halloween.

2. Thank you for all the hard work!!

#10053 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Wow, you are so quick to judge, good lord. Munsters? Really? This is going to put Spooky with/surpass the big boys and they know it. They will not blow it.

It was a joke and I stated that. Take the fanboy goggles off. Apparently it’s keeping you from reading my whole post.Lighten up.

#10054 2 years ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

Could also be that we haven't seen more than 10 seconds of game play so there is always that..lol
I think we all will be very satisfied next week when deadflip reveals the game!

What day is Deadflip supposed to reveal the game?

#10055 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

It was a joke and I stated that. Take the fanboy goggles off. Apparently it’s keeping you from reading my whole post.Lighten up.

I actually reread your post and deleted, but you got to it first. You are kinda quick to judge though Cant wait for mine to show up, sometime

#10056 2 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

Halloween is by far one of the most influential films of my life and all I can say is I am doing every possible thing I can do to live up to the high bar John Carpenter set. I literally have been working day/night to make this shine. Moreover, I know the very high standards pinball enthusiasts have and want to make each and every owner proud to show this amazing machine off to everyone they know.

The animation looks sweet. Props to the guy doing it. He is doing killer work. We can't wait till 418 gets here.

#10057 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Are there any good videos of AMH gameplay where you can really hear the audio? I remember when i first played AMH at Expo, I HATED the voices, and thought they were so bad that it made the game a non-starter for me. However, recently I saw an AMH stream and what you could hear sounded like campy stuff I would like. Audio wasn't good enough to hear much of the callouts, so I'd like to watch a video where you can hear everything. I'm curious if anything has changed or if I would like the experience any more than when it was still in pre-release status. Rules seem cool and the Medisinyl mods are over the top on this game.

I can't promise a better audio experience at the show (I may try to do something for that), but I'm planning to take my modded AMH to SFGE, so hopefully it all works out and more people can experience AMH in a new light.

For self aware, campy, cheese-factor, there's no match to the callouts in AMH (some of which wouldn't fly in a mainstream game IMO [people becoming too PC...]). For those that like that sort of thing, AMH is an overlooked gem, and I do hope the mod set helps reveal the magic Ben already put into the game (those that love the game already know, but I think some may have been too blinded by the skeletal [low budget] presentation to see the brilliant code and mech interaction at the core).

#10058 2 years ago

Boy that's rich! Mr. OMG-where's-my-Topper-I-haven't-heard-from-my-distributor-in-5-minutes is telling others to lighten up. LOL!

#10059 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I can't promise a better audio experience at the show (I may try to do something for that), but I'm planning to take my modded AMH to SFGE, so hopefully it all works out and more people can experience AMH in a new light.
For self aware, campy, cheese-factor, there's no match to the callouts in AMH (some of which wouldn't fly in a mainstream game IMO [people becoming too PC...]). For those that like that sort of thing, AMH is an overlooked gem, and I do hope the mod set helps reveal the magic Ben already put into the game (those that love the game already know, but I think some may have been too blinded by the skeletal [low budget] presentation to see the brilliant code and mech interaction at the core).

+1
I've always loved AMH from the moment I played it at TPF tournament. The game is BRUTAL no two ways about it, but the cheese factor is what makes it awesome. It's an amazing game, and I was trying to work a deal to get one a few days before Ultraman/Halloween were announced. In retrospect, I'm glad it didn't happen, but at the same time, I'd still love to own the game.

#10060 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Here is a side by side from the Rick and Morty thread from a while back, Spooky on top B/W on the bottom
[quoted image][quoted image]

This is my home brew play field, birch .688 inches

IMG_20210801_115935014 (resized).jpgIMG_20210801_115935014 (resized).jpg
#10061 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

This is my home brew play field, birch .688 inches
[quoted image]

now that's thick.....

#10062 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

OK serious question: If I commissioned new awesome PF art and sold new PF for a stupidly high price like 2k would anyone bite?

This would obviously be a Trojan Horse for AMH VE

#10063 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

OK serious question: If I commissioned new awesome PF art and sold new PF for a stupidly high price like 2k would anyone bite?

It's pinball, so yes. The answer is yes :

#10064 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

If the art is good, and the pf mostly populated then yes. If not populated at all, then probably not.

#10065 2 years ago

The mods are awesome but my zero budget PF art holds it back. Would love to just see one game completely redone... But if I sold more PF then I could recoup the 10k I'd probably spend on killer art.

#10066 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

No. Leave the past in the past and make something new.

#10067 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

+1
I've always loved AMH from the moment I played it at TPF tournament. The game is BRUTAL no two ways about it, but the cheese factor is what makes it awesome. It's an amazing game, and I was trying to work a deal to get one a few days before Ultraman/Halloween were announced. In retrospect, I'm glad it didn't happen, but at the same time, I'd still love to own the game.

I hope to play one someday!

#10068 2 years ago

We should crowdfund a new AMH playfield, I don’t own one but Ben Heck gives me at least $10 worth of chuckles here so I would be in.

#10069 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I'd be in closer to a g.

#10070 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I probably would, but for many, I expect the hurdle of a playfield swap would be too much to consider at that price (though the price you'd have to ask makes sense on such a low production game vs. development/production cost).

My playfield isn't in the greatest shape (easier to justify), and as AMH is a keeper, it would be hard to ignore the option of better integrated playfield art.

#10071 2 years ago

I think a new backglass would go further towards improving the look of AMH and be much more practical to swap.

#10072 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Sounds like an exciting prospect.

#10073 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

The trim is definitely purple.

Must be one of those things that appear different depending who you are. Because it looked 100% shade of blue to me in person.

#10074 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

You might should sit the next few plays out man. You’re getting worked up over nothing.

Someone needs a pacifier, nummy, binky...
And its definitely not you. Thanks for the vid.

#10075 2 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

Halloween is by far one of the most influential films of my life and all I can say is I am doing every possible thing I can do to live up to the high bar John Carpenter set. I literally have been working day/night to make this shine. Moreover, I know the very high standards pinball enthusiasts have and want to make each and every owner proud to show this amazing machine off to everyone they know.

Excellent news, and thrilled I'm getting one!!! Quite confident in my first Spooky choice....perfect theme, and what I saw in the teaser looked very promising

#10076 2 years ago

I got a chance to play Ultraman this weekend. It looked great in person. It played shot / fast. I'm in on a Halloween CE but at least I got a chance to play Ultraman. The Spooky Crew are great down to Earth and really care about their products. They had a post it note that it was one ball per player. Makes total sense to have the line moving that way. It was a tease but wanted me to plunge again for sure.

IMG_7644 (resized).JPGIMG_7644 (resized).JPG

Hmmm trolling with this T-Shirt at the show or...... perhaps a hint / tease of what the NEXT SPOOKY PIN is ?
Image-1 (resized).jpgImage-1 (resized).jpg

#10077 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The AMH playfield is fine IMO. Could it be better - sure. But how many people are going to do a swap out? Not many.

I talked to Charlie maybe a year ago about commissioning new backglass art for the game for the aftermarket.

The blue cabinet (what most have) is fine - a new backglass with updated artwork would be a nice update.

Ben, if you want to take this and run with it, I can put you in touch with Brad who did my Led Zeppelin art - I had already talked to him about doing it and he was keen.

It’d be much easier for you to do it from there, especially if you want to sell actual backglasses and ship from WI.

Drop me a message if you want to go for it.

rd

#10078 2 years ago

My kids (boy and girl twins) were born on Halloween morning, 2003. We used to call them our own little “Children of the Corn.”

Now they are almost 18 and both have been die hard fans of the Halloween franchise (with the exception being the terrible Rob Zombie version).

Personally, I always preferred the original and Part II. To me, it almost could have been considered a suspenseful drama, Witt it’s plausible storyline. Freddy from NoES was what I would consider to be borderline science fiction, attacking in dreams. Same with the cheesy ones like Child’s Play, Leprechaun, Hellraiser, and even Friday the 13th. Perhaps it’s my lack of imagination, but the basis in a type of feasible reality made me like Halloween even more.

Plus, the Carpenter music kicks ass.

#10079 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

AMH is awesome, but it is the past. Focus all efforts on Ash v. Evil Dead / Army of Darkness please. Don’t get sidetracked on this mission by doing AMH playfields.

#10080 2 years ago

I was very happy to hear the original music and jump scare sounds from the movie in the short fan video. From what I heard, it sounds great! If they pack it with movie content mixed with new animations, it should be awesome. I would have liked to hear the original movie soundbites for callouts, but the game looks good to me so far! Can’t wait for more…

#10081 2 years ago

I was also wondering what it would sound like especially with those speaker pumpkin covers blocking most of the speaker but sounded pretty good on that video.

#10082 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

The AMH playfield is fine IMO. Could it be better - sure. But how many people are going to do a swap out? Not many.
I talked to Charlie maybe a year ago about commissioning new backglass art for the game for the aftermarket.
The blue cabinet (what most have) is fine - a new backglass with updated artwork would be a nice update.
Ben, if you want to take this and run with it, I can put you in touch with Brad who did my Led Zeppelin art - I had already talked to him about doing it and he was keen.
It’d be much easier for you to do it from there, especially if you want to sell actual backglasses and ship from WI.
Drop me a message if you want to go for it.
rd

I don't dislike the AMH art (prefer the green cab/glass), and am content with the backglass. The playfield art itself looks fine to me--the only issue is that the game generally suggests we're exploring the inside of the hotel, and the playfield art is completely detached from that, thus lacking the greater immersion it could have.

So while I agree it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for Ben to pursue it, if it came to fruition, I'd be interested. Still happy with the game without it.

#10083 2 years ago

Cut your hair you hippie!!

FF5E53FB-2161-4EC4-8CFD-1295AA4F3B94 (resized).jpegFF5E53FB-2161-4EC4-8CFD-1295AA4F3B94 (resized).jpeg
#10084 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Hmmm trolling with this T-Shirt at the show or...... perhaps a hint / tease of what the NEXT SPOOKY PIN is ?

Yes, that is some hardcore trolling right there for sure. We all know the next game is in the Evil Dead universe for sure.

I do wonder what Spooky’s next title will be though, whether they will do another multi game run out on a single playfield and - if so - if they do whether they will do three games instead of two next time. Spooky had to mine some fantastic market data in this thread.

I also wonder if Spooky will ever redo a theme previously done by another manufacturer that Spooky feels they could do better or modernize. Just think of a spooky South Park, Game of Thrones or perhaps Doctor Who.

#10085 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Boy that's rich! Mr. OMG-where's-my-Topper-I-haven't-heard-from-my-distributor-in-5-minutes is telling others to lighten up. LOL!

God bless you sir and have a wonderful life. Your not worth any more energy and time. Peace. And also look up the word hyperbole, you gave a great example of it.

#10086 2 years ago

I'll start by saying Halloween was a memorable movie for me and I watched it in the theater when it came out. I'm also a fan of some Japanese movies and anime, but I know nothing about Ultraman (and refused to let my two boys watch Power Rangers). That being said, here's my take on the two pins;

Art work: It just depends on which theme you prefer. I think Halloween has a better backglass and I love the clown, but UKR is more colorful and campy. Slight advantage Ultraman.

Armor: Ultraman wins for color and the cool Ultraman cutouts over the speakers. Halloween pumpkin cutouts just look weird.

Plunger: Knife handle looks cool, but what happens when it rotates? I don't know what that Ultraman thing is? I'm thinking that's what calls Ultraman, which is cool for the plunger. I like the way the knife handle looks better, but we'll say this is a tie.

Topper: Halloween 3-D knife stabbing the cab vs flat spinning disk, Halloween wins no contest!

Left-side toys: I love the look and detail of the hedges, something about the symmetry appeals to my OCD. But after seeing Ultraman in person, the buildings and monsters are really nice also. Tie.

Center scoop: Pumpkin is fine, but were pumpkins really a thing in the movie? Here again, I don't know what the Ultraman thing is, but at least I'm sure it goes with the theme. Winner Ultraman.

Right-side lock: Gravestone looks fantastic and very detailed. Ultraman pin just looks cheap. No contest, Halloween wins. Hoping modders can do better for Ultraman.

Middle playfield: I feel like Spooky put more effort into the chain link fence with the gate on Halloween, but the Kaiju under the car on UKR is really cool. Tie.

Upper playfield: No question Spooky spent more on the plastics for Halloween, the wood deck looks amazing! Also the details in the house; sofa, stairs (ramp), back wall with pictures just looks perfect. Ultraman artwork looks nice but the plastics look cheap again. Except for the jet (see next).

Extra Toy: Ultraman jet is so cool and totally improves on the upper pf. I've yet to see a decent pic of the Halloween knife over the launch lane. Winner Ultraman.

Video assets: I was totally sold on Halloween until I saw the Ultraman in person. Love the scenes from the show and how the screen looks like a retro display. During some modes the screen will shake which makes it seem even more integrated. As for Halloween, the one crappy video (so far) does not impress. Winner Ultraman (for now).

Sound effects: Not a lot to go on here, but I watched and played Ultraman and the sounds seemed fun and theme appropriate. I also understand there will be some callouts in Japanese which is just awesome! What little can be heard from the only Halloween video seems like a bad Loomis impersonation and some repetitive sound bites from the movie that could become annoying. I'm sure Halloween will be much better than what we've seen and heard so far. No decision.

In summary, I feel like Spooky put more effort (and money) into the Halloween toys, but Ultraman has great artwork, colors, video, and sound effects. Everyone wins!

#10087 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I'll start by saying Halloween was a memorable movie for me and I watched it in the theater when it came out. I'm also a fan of some Japanese movies and anime, but I know nothing about Ultraman (and refused to let my two boys watch Power Rangers). That being said, here's my take on the two pins;
Art work: It just depends on which theme you prefer. I think Halloween has a better backglass and I love the clown, but UKR is more colorful and campy. Slight advantage Ultraman.
Armor: Ultraman wins for color and the cool Ultraman cutouts over the speakers. Halloween pumpkin cutouts just look weird.
Plunger: Knife handle looks cool, but what happens when it rotates? I don't know what that Ultraman thing is? I'm thinking that's what calls Ultraman, which is cool for the plunger. I like the way the knife handle looks better, but we'll say this is a tie.
Topper: Halloween 3-D knife stabbing the cab vs flat spinning disk, Halloween wins no contest!
Left-side toys: I love the look and detail of the hedges, something about the symmetry appeals to my OCD. But after seeing Ultraman in person, the buildings and monsters are really nice also. Tie.
Center scoop: Pumpkin is fine, but were pumpkins really a thing in the movie? Here again, I don't know what the Ultraman thing is, but at least I'm sure it goes with the theme. Winner Ultraman.
Right-side lock: Gravestone looks fantastic and very detailed. Ultraman pin just looks cheap. No contest, Halloween wins. Hoping modders can do better for Ultraman.
Middle playfield: I feel like Spooky put more effort into the chain link fence with the gate on Halloween, but the Kaiju under the car on UKR is really cool. Tie.
Upper playfield: No question Spooky spent more on the plastics for Halloween, the wood deck looks amazing! Also the details in the house; sofa, stairs (ramp), back wall with pictures just looks perfect. Ultraman artwork looks nice but the plastics look cheap again. Except for the jet (see next).
Extra Toy: Ultraman jet is so cool and totally improves on the upper pf. I've yet to see a decent pic of the Halloween knife over the launch lane. Winner Ultraman.
Video assets: I was totally sold on Halloween until I saw the Ultraman in person. Love the scenes from the show and how the screen looks like a retro display. During some modes the screen will shake which makes it seem even more integrated. As for Halloween, the one crappy video (so far) does not impress. Winner Ultraman (for now).
Sound effects: Not a lot to go on here, but I watched and played Ultraman and the sounds seemed fun and theme appropriate. I also understand there will be some callouts in Japanese which is just awesome! What little can be heard from the only Halloween video seems like a bad Loomis impersonation and some repetitive sound bites from the movie that could become annoying. I'm sure Halloween will be much better than what we've seen and heard so far. No decision.
In summary, I feel like Spooky put more effort (and money) into the Halloween toys, but Ultraman has great artwork, colors, video, and sound effects. Everyone wins!

Can we stop making excessively long reviews or comparisons of these games until they are actually done and people have tried both for more than 5min?
This one in particular was a waste of energy as the guy doesnt even know anything about Ultraman anyway. Thanks for your biased opinion on games you havent even played though.

#10088 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Can we stop making excessively long reviews or comparisons of these games until they are actually done and people have tried both for more than 5min?
This one in particular was a waste of energy as the guy doesnt even know anything about Ultraman anyway. Thanks for your biased opinion on games you havent even played though.

Wow harsh. I gave my opinion on the aesthetics of the pins which doesn't really require game play (I did play Ultraman) and I hadn't seen anyone else do the same. But you're right, it was too long, I was bored last night. Anyway, hope you feel better by belittling someone you don't know, such is pinside.

#10089 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Wow harsh. I gave my opinion on the aesthetics of the pins which doesn't really require game play (I did play Ultraman) and I hadn't seen anyone else do the same. But you're right, it was too long, I was bored last night. Anyway, hope you feel better by belittling someone you don't know, such is pinside.

So you've stood over both? Dont get butt hurt over someone not liking your posts or opinions on an internet forum. Itll make you crazy and you come across as an insulted little boy. Grow some skin or make better posting choices

#10090 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Itll make you crazy and you come across as an insulted little boy. Grow some skin or make better posting choices

This is true. And your posting choices are much better.

#10091 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

So you've stood over both? Dont get butt hurt over someone not liking your posts or opinions on an internet forum. Itll make you crazy and you come across as an insulted little boy. Grow some skin or make better posting choices

And demanding everyone post exactly to your specifications doesn’t make you sound like an outraged douche? Ha. I love this place.

#10092 2 years ago

I gave it an upvote as I appreciated the insight. It’s his initial take on the differences - what’s bad about that? It has more substance than 98% of the other posts on Pinside.

#10093 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I gave it an upvote as I appreciated the insight. It’s his initial take on the differences - what’s bad about that? It has more substance than 98% of the other posts on Pinside.

Everyone’s a critic - its how we try and make sure nobody gets more positive attention than ourselves.

#10094 2 years ago

I was hoping to start some conversation like "I agree but..." or "I don't agree but...". Instead I got "You posts sucks" and "Your post doesn't suck". Whatever.

#10095 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Center scoop: Pumpkin is fine, but were pumpkins really a thing in the movie?

Good write up, but this made me scratch my head

hwnpump (resized).jpghwnpump (resized).jpg
#10096 2 years ago

Oh, so that's why we have a pumpkin in the game? Thank goodness that got cleared up. It sure didn't make sense to put a pumpkin in the game because it's Halloween and all.

#10097 2 years ago

Still no gameplay what is going on? They already took the games to shows too very odd

#10098 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Still no gameplay what is going on? They already took the games to shows too very odd

Anticipa

tion?

#10099 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Anticipa
tion?

Wait for it.

#10100 2 years ago

Spooky is awaiting certain clearances from the licensor and working out the code in the meantime. It’ll come, frustrating but not that odd.

Quoted from musketd:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Valley Center, KS
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/202?hl=bgwilly31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.