7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 269.
#9901 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

This! This is exactly why I am a Spooky fan for life. The whole company is run this way. Not only do they make awesome games, they 100% stand behind them and will bend over backwards to help the individual. I blew up my ACNC and Luke and the rest spent hours helping me…mainly after hours. Rock solid games from a rock solid company and family.

How did you blow up ACNC?

#9902 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

With Spookys blessing, we will be selling Ultraman CE#6, which is being made now.
Funds raised will go towards getting a new base for NZ Pinball to run from. It’s a project I’ve been working on for a while.
The Ultraman #6 CE machine will be ready to leave Benton in a few weeks.
Easy deal - just pay Spooky direct and we will sort it out. Either collect it yourself from Spooky, or we can sort out freight around the States at your cost.
If you’re interested in buying it, feel free to PM me offers.
Cheers!
Dave.

BUMP for being the last post on the previous thread. Good luck!

#9903 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Personally, I find that disappointing to hear. This standard exists for a reason. What is this, a home pin? It seems like a weird way to cut costs on a $9k pin. Since buying in, I also learned that the new mpu/driver board is mounted directly under the playfield. That sounds like something that's good for cutting production time, but bad in every other way. Is what it is at this point, though.

I don’t understand the reasoning for this? Just put it on the inside bottom of the cabinet instead? Just why create possible problems that have yet to be seen since no one that I know of ever put an MPU and driver board attached to the underside of the playfield.

#9904 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Did Spooky state they were sticking with the thinner pf on Halloween and UKR, I hadn't heard that?

Given that the committed to making custom shorter flipper bushings for R&M, which requires a mold, which is expensive, it's pretty clear they're sticking with the thinner playfields. They're not spending that kind of time and money for a single-use product.

#9905 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:I don’t understand the reasoning for this? Just put it on the inside bottom of the cabinet instead? Just why create possible problems that have yet to be seen since no one that I know of ever put an MPU and driver board attached to the underside of the playfield.

Pretty much every P-ROC based game has driver boards on the play field, including R&M. So…

#9906 2 years ago

Watch out!

20210728_081814 (resized).jpg20210728_081814 (resized).jpg
#9907 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I don’t understand the reasoning for this? Just put it on the inside bottom of the cabinet instead? Just why create possible problems that have yet to be seen since no one that I know of ever put an MPU and driver board attached to the underside of the playfield.

Why would you have your boards installed on the inside bottom of the cabinet? All of the wiring leading to the playfield would have to have extra slack to accommodate lifting the playfield. Also imagine something dropping inside of the cabinet and falling onto the board ie loose parts or a ball dropping when you forget to clear the trough before lifting the playfield. That is a recipe for disaster!

#9908 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Given that the committed to making custom shorter flipper bushings for R&M, which requires a mold, which is expensive, it's pretty clear they're sticking with the thinner playfields. They're not spending that kind of time and money for a single-use product.

That makes sense.

I posted earlier that the thinner pf would mean the topside posts were sitting higher, but I'm stupid and that's not true Really it only effects stuff mounted from below like the roll-over switches. Anyway, we can all agree Spooky pins have some of the best playfields in the industry!

#9909 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

How did you blow up ACNC?

Soon after getting it home I hooked up the topper. I plugged it in to the power board 1 pin off…the 5v was hooked to the 12v (power board connectors were kinda hard to see with where it was mounted in the cab). When I turned the machine on all coils fired and fried the system. It took awhile for Luke, Spooky, and me to figure out what happened. Spooky covered me by sending every board in the head. Once all was replaced, it works perfect. They felt bad for not having more clear instructions, and I felt bad because it was really my fault. I spent a lot of time on the phone with Luke (mainly after hours), and Spooky didn’t charge me a thing to get my new machine back up and running. I liked Spooky before, but was a customer for life after that experience…great company and great people.

Oh, and it took out the topper as well…they gave me a new one free of charge.

#9910 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Actually..I'm finding that to be...not the case. My ball actually gets hung up on it occasionally. I'm going to need to shim one a bit.

Oh, the magnet is too strong since it's thinner, then? That's interesting. Didn't think the magnets in reeds were that strong. o_o

#9911 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Pretty much every P-ROC based game has driver boards on the play field, including R&M. So…

Ok I did not know that. Thank you

#9912 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:Oh, the magnet is too strong since it's thinner, then? That's interesting. Didn't think the magnets in reeds were that strong. o_o

Not sure. I haven't looked at it yet to see what the cause is. Hadn't actually considered it might be the magnet strength.

#9913 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Not sure. I haven't looked at it yet to see what the cause is. Hadn't actually considered it might be the magnet strength.

I suppose a very slow rolling ball could get snagged by the magnet, especially if the switch is located at a flat horizontal location...I haven't installed mine yet on my R&M

#9914 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

I suppose a very slow rolling ball could get snagged by the magnet, especially if the switch is located at a flat horizontal location...I haven't installed mine yet on my R&M

I think this is at least part of the reason the MRS needs to be installed with the magnet at the top, as advised by Matt.

If it is at the bottom of the switch slot, the bump that is the end of the slot makes it more likely that the magnet will be able to capture it.

Mine have never held a ball, I guess partly helped by having a playfield protector installed (adds 0.7mm). But also magnets are all at the top of the slot.

I have 3; spinner, right orbit, and switchback.

These new games are not going to be as easy as RaM to get topside access to these orbit switch locations (and ball guides). I don't get why the orbit lane isn't narrower at the switch, or optos used?. It is going to be interesting to see how it pans out this time around. I get a feeling MRS will be more popular with this game than for RaM, just because the fix may be easier than pulling all the playfields off...

#9915 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I think this is at least part of the reason the MRS needs to be installed with the magnet at the top, as advised by Matt.
If it is at the bottom of the switch slot, the bump that is the end of the slot makes it more likely that the magnet will be able to capture it.
Mine have never held a ball, I guess partly helped by having a playfield protector installed (adds 0.7mm). But also magnets are all at the top of the slot.
I have 3; spinner, right orbit, and switchback.

I couldn't quite tell if there was any angle to it when installing it, but they are at the top of the slot. In this case the only one I've seen it happen on the far right one. My pf is at ~6.9 so it isn't flat...also the ball isn't getting stuck at the top of the slot, it's at the bottom. Again though I haven't taken the time to dig into it as a little bump and it comes off.

#9916 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

These new games are not going to be as easy as RaM to get topside access to these orbit switch locations

Dumb question.....why do you need access to the top side to work on a switch that's mounted to the underside of the playfield? Are you guys adjusting the wires for the switch lever from the top? I usually either adjust from the bottom side, or at most drop it off the playfield then adjust it...

#9917 2 years ago

Jack Danger sending positive vibes while driving in his car...possible HW play stream?
https://fb.watch/v/7gZBbPdFB/

#9918 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

These new games are not going to be as easy as RaM to get topside access to these orbit switch locations (and ball guides). I don't get why the orbit lane isn't narrower at the switch, or optos used?. It is going to be interesting to see how it pans out this time around. I get a feeling MRS will be more popular with this game than for RaM, just because the fix may be easier than pulling all the playfields off...

Well, Bug and Luke implied that it would be easy to take the upper PFs off and put them back on. I think they specifically said that was one of their priorities, based on the difficulty of assembly/disassembly of previous upper pfs.

#9919 2 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Jack Danger sending positive vibes while driving in his car...possible HW play stream?
https://fb.watch/v/7gZBbPdFB/

He mentioned Monday during his stream that he wouldn’t be doing a Livestream of Halloween until the team got back from Pinfest. Who knows?

#9920 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Why would you have your boards installed on the inside bottom of the cabinet? All of the wiring leading to the playfield would have to have extra slack to accommodate lifting the playfield. Also imagine something dropping inside of the cabinet and falling onto the board ie loose parts or a ball dropping when you forget to clear the trough before lifting the playfield. That is a recipe for disaster!

So what’s the difference when it’s in the backbox? You still need extra slack on the wires. It’s the same thing but less wires because it’s in the cabinet. Your argument makes no sense. My point is if they wanted the boards in the cabinet just put them on the cabinet vs on the playfield. And I already was told and corrected that RM has the boards on the bottom of the playfield. But glad you felt the need to chime in. Thanks

#9921 2 years ago

But glad you felt the need to chime in. Thanks

No problem. I am here to point out any other dumb ideas.

#9922 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

I believe they're designed based on the playfield thickness, and then a little shy of level...sonic could comment as he makes them...

Correct - we alter the design for playfields of varying thickness - in other words it doesn't matter - we custom fit as needed...

Matt
M&M Creations

#9923 2 years ago

Im really hoping its just the angle that makes the gap seem so wide. Surely, they would not go into production if the switch doesnt register every shot.

#9924 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

There’s been many games with boards on the bottom of the cabinet, but they always have covers over them so that nothing falls on a board and shorts stuff out. It’s not ideal - but it’s not uncommon to see. The most recent I can recall having bottom cabinet boards are WoZ, Hobbit and Alien.

#9925 2 years ago
Quoted from blubboman:

I was suggesting to move it the other way although I wasn't anticipating the ball getting hung on the switch magnets! We hadn't seen this yet but the magnets are pretty strong.

Just found this old post...this was in regard to the magnetic reed switches for a creech bowl where it had been moved to the bottom of the bowl, but as you can see, it's apparently "a possibility."

#9926 2 years ago

I had two on my R&M and never saw it even close to getting stuck on em lol. Great product thou and easy install

#9927 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Well, Bug and Luke implied that it would be easy to take the upper PFs off and put them back on. I think they specifically said that was one of their priorities, based on the difficulty of assembly/disassembly of previous upper pfs.

A video of easy disassembly would be very cool!

#9928 2 years ago

2 more days til we see gameplay of Ultraman!

#9929 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Soon after getting it home I hooked up the topper. I plugged it in to the power board 1 pin off…the 5v was hooked to the 12v (power board connectors were kinda hard to see with where it was mounted in the cab). When I turned the machine on all coils fired and fried the system. It took awhile for Luke, Spooky, and me to figure out what happened. Spooky covered me by sending every board in the head. Once all was replaced, it works perfect. They felt bad for not having more clear instructions, and I felt bad because it was really my fault. I spent a lot of time on the phone with Luke (mainly after hours), and Spooky didn’t charge me a thing to get my new machine back up and running. I liked Spooky before, but was a customer for life after that experience…great company and great people.
Oh, and it took out the topper as well…they gave me a new one free of charge.

How did u get a topper for acnc? I'm number 10 on the list and they said they weren't making anymore. Which is a bummer.

#9930 2 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

I've said it before there is a big opportunity that Stern, JJP, Deeproot, and American Pinball are missing out on.
Going put it right here as I have a feeling Pinball as we know it is about to go thru a big disruption. This idea
isn't new but I just don't hear people talking about this much in the general pinball community for a couple reasons.
However with Ben Heck's DIY background and Spooky's backstory. I think there is a big opportunity for you.
OPEN UP THE SOURCE CODE to an extent. Let the home owners, tweak the rules - invite them to fix the code when it breaks.
Invite them to propose an idea and show you there work.
Give us a machine we can get into the guts a bit more. I want mod the game in a way that makes it unique and share
that with others. "Doesn't mean it has to make it into the public tournament or location play" but I'd love to be able
to modify some minor aspects . Hell possibly add a cool mod that piggybacks off a event triggered by the CPU.
This is my biggest want from a manufacturer. That and some of the rumor "Online" disruption that is going to hit this
industry like a Kaiju at an all you can eat city buffet.

I am personally a huge proponent of this. Although, there are a few hindrances. The chance of this happening with a licensed title is nearly 0%. License holders don't want to risk their assets being copied, and we do not want to be held accountable for those assets being copied. Yeah I know technically there are ways to rip assets anyway if you're tech savvy, and we could probably open source certain areas, while still keeping assets locked down/encrypted, but this is from a more legal, non-tech-savvy perspective. Then beyond that, there is the safety liability aspect. If we allow people to freely adjust their coil strength, and they end up setting a coil on fire and burning their house down, or worse, injuring somebody in the process, we would definitely take some blame for that. Even if we made every customer sign a waiver, it may not completely absolve us of blame. And I know I speak for everyone at spooky when I say the absolute last thing we want is to have one of our machines end up injuring somebody.

Now, with all that being said, I'll reiterate that I'm very much a proponent to opening up what we can, and hopefully in the future y'all will get to see some more customizable, mod-friendly things coming from Spooky. At the very least, I'm hoping we can open up the hardware a bit, to make maintaining your Spooky machines easier/cheaper than ever before. We have a lot of repercussions to consider though. But I will be a bug in the bossman's ear to push things in this direction

#9931 2 years ago
Quoted from Stemmy:

How did u get a topper for acnc? I'm number 10 on the list and they said they weren't making anymore. Which is a bummer.

Looking back at emails…somewhere before 10/24/19 I requested the topper. I think it was problematic and they thought it best to discontinue it. I have taken it apart…to an extant…to get the brain to work correctly. It works great now, but I can see Spooky’s problem with supporting it.

Wait…that timeline doesn’t make sense…I ordered in June 2018 and requested the topper almost immediately when it was announced… must have been the replacement

#9932 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Also imagine something dropping inside of the cabinet and falling onto the board ie loose parts or a ball dropping when you forget to clear the trough before lifting the playfield. That is a recipe for disaster!

WMS Pinball 2000 had the main driver board in the bottom of the cabinet (because the head was filled with the controlling PC and CRT display). WMS made a custom spring-loaded cover for it, and AFAIK there never were any real issues with the design.

However, that doesn't solve the wiring harness length issue, which I think is the main driving force behind Spooky's under playfield placement.

#9933 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Since buying in, I also learned that the new mpu/driver board is mounted directly under the playfield. That sounds like something that's good for cutting production time, but bad in every other way. Is what it is at this point, though.

Quoted from Zablon:

Good and bad I suppose. I personally have no qualms with it. 90% of things work fine out of the box. However, as mentioned some of the most important pieces do need adjusted (aka flippers). They have a working fix so no issue there.
The driver thing...yeah, that's new, and I am curious how a sub being right there, a shaker right there, and all the coils being right there might impact boards over time. Even with some rubber dampeners (which...remains to be seen if they are used, they don't seem to be used on any other boards) it would still catch all the vibrations. That being said...there have been boards under pf's for decades. Boards have come a long way since then though.

I'm not savvy to decisions behind pf thickness (that was decided waaay before I joined spooky), but I can confirm that the control board (Pinotaur) is mounted to the underside of the playfield, and it does consist primarily of surface mount parts. That being said, I am doing a LOT of work in the electronic hardware realm to make sure any any problems you might encounter are cheap and quick to remedy. While we are not the OEM of the Pinotaur boards (we buy directly from the designer/OEM), we will support troubleshooting and repairs as best we can, and even reach out to the OEM if we must. We have done *LOTS* of testing, (effectively years) and have found that even mounting the boards under the playfield, vibration is not an issue whatsoever. I do have experience in the automotive electronics industry as well; in general, surface mount is largely unaffected by vibration, though you do want to make sure your PCBs don't resonate under any vibrational frequencies you expect to encounter.

Honestly, I think a lot of people who are put off by the idea of repairing surface mount electronics would actually find it pretty easy with a little practice! It's really not terribly different from through hole. Regardless, I am making progress toward ensuring that what comes out of Spooky is as repair-friendly as we can make it. Whether or not it was a concern before, it's one of my concerns now, and hopefully you'll notice improvements in that regard as we move forward!

#9934 2 years ago

Of all of the podcast interviews I’ve heard with the folks from spooky and Ben heck I feel like they always shy away from the technical aspects of the game design. As soon as things got a bit technical the host always steers the conversation another way.

Honestly the game will speak for itself this stuff is way more interesting to me.

Quoted from metallik:

WMS Pinball 2000 had the main driver board in the bottom of the cabinet (because the head was filled with the controlling PC and CRT display). WMS made a custom spring-loaded cover for it, and AFAIK there never were any real issues with the design.
However, that doesn't solve the wiring harness length issue, which I think is the main driving force behind Spooky's under playfield placement.

#9935 2 years ago

Screws and other electrically conductive things that might fall off the playfield can cause major problems with cabinet-mounted electronics. Even if we protected the boards from detritus, since the control board has to hook up to almost everything on the playfield, the wiring harness could get very messy/cumbersome if the control board were on the bottom of the cabinet.

#9936 2 years ago

Was thinking about "thin wood" couple days ago while helping Scott with Cuphead. His Baltic Birch from Woodcraft was 0.475" which is 12mm. Half inch would be 12.7mm

This is common for a lot of building materials - they list it in SAE/Imperial but it's actually Metric. Menards is honest, they'll sell you a 12" x 24" x 6mm piece of plywood. Says so right on the sticker. Hobby Lobby will lie and say 12" x 24" x 1/4".... but guess what? It's 6mm thick. (0.2362" IIRC)

#9937 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Was thinking about "thin wood" couple days ago while helping Scott with Cuphead. His Baltic Birch from Woodcraft was 0.475" which is 12mm. Half inch would be 12.7mm
This is common for a lot of building materials - they list it in SAE/Imperial but it's actually Metric. Menards is honest, they'll sell you a 12" x 24" x 6mm piece of plywood. Says so right on the sticker. Hobby Lobby will lie and say 12" x 24" x 1/4".... but guess what? It's 6mm thick. (0.2362" IIRC)

I once ordered some 12 ft pieces of angle iron from McMaster. Turned up 11 ft long!! I called them up and they informed me their angle iron has a tolerance of +/- 1 inch per foot haha! So, technically my iron was within spec. Regardless, they sent me some 12 ft lengths for free. Great guys! Their customer service almost beats Spooky's :p

#9938 2 years ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:I'm not savvy to decisions behind pf thickness (that was decided waaay before I joined spooky), but I can confirm that the control board (Pinotaur) is mounted to the underside of the playfield, and it does consist primarily of surface mount parts. That being said, I am doing a LOT of work in the electronic hardware realm to make sure any any problems you might encounter are cheap and quick to remedy. While we are not the OEM of the Pinotaur boards (we buy directly from the designer/OEM), we will support troubleshooting and repairs as best we can, and even reach out to the OEM if we must. We have done *LOTS* of testing, (effectively years) and have found that even mounting the boards under the playfield, vibration is not an issue whatsoever. I do have experience in the automotive electronics industry as well; in general, surface mount is largely unaffected by vibration, though you do want to make sure your PCBs don't resonate under any vibrational frequencies you expect to encounter.
Honestly, I think a lot of people who are put off by the idea of repairing surface mount electronics would actually find it pretty easy with a little practice! It's really not terribly different from through hole. Regardless, I am making progress toward ensuring that what comes out of Spooky is as repair-friendly as we can make it. Whether or not it was a concern before, it's one of my concerns now, and hopefully you'll notice improvements in that regard as we move forward!

For me, other than that they are really really small parts, it can be a pain to find out what the part # to replace it with even is. And far as I know, Spooky doesn't hand out schematics

#9939 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

is there a standard playfield thickness? a lot of parts are very specific and can not be altert for thickness right? like the nylon flipper bushings.
i measured my Williams bride of pinbot playfield at 12mm.
so i always thought this is the standard. do other manufacturers have it different?

#9940 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Just found this old post...this was in regard to the magnetic reed switches for a Creech bowl where it had been moved to the bottom of the bowl, but as you can see, it's apparently "a possibility."

Not really....the bowl and rollover MRS' are not comparable - the old bowl switches used very different magnets than the rollovers - the rollovers magnets are about 1/3rd the strength....any hangup over the rollover should not be the rollover itself - it's not strong enough on a playfield with a 6deg pitch to hold the ball with any momentum behind it...further we have rollovers in early 80's pins with slower moving balls and less pitch with zero hangups...

Matt

#9941 2 years ago

How much clearance will the Pinotaur board have from the bottom of cabinet?
In the case that god forbid some drunken maniac has an accident with his Flagon of whatever the hip new thing is.

#9942 2 years ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

I am personally a huge proponent of this. Although, there are a few hindrances. The chance of this happening with a licensed title is nearly 0%. License holders don't want to risk their assets being copied, and we do not want to be held accountable for those assets being copied. Yeah I know technically there are ways to rip assets anyway if you're tech savvy, and we could probably open source certain areas, while still keeping assets locked down/encrypted, but this is from a more legal, non-tech-savvy perspective. Then beyond that, there is the safety liability aspect. If we allow people to freely adjust their coil strength, and they end up setting a coil on fire and burning their house down, or worse, injuring somebody in the process, we would definitely take some blame for that. Even if we made every customer sign a waiver, it may not completely absolve us of blame. And I know I speak for everyone at spooky when I say the absolute last thing we want is to have one of our machines end up injuring somebody.
Now, with all that being said, I'll reiterate that I'm very much a proponent to opening up what we can, and hopefully in the future y'all will get to see some more customizable, mod-friendly things coming from Spooky. At the very least, I'm hoping we can open up the hardware a bit, to make maintaining your Spooky machines easier/cheaper than ever before. We have a lot of repercussions to consider though. But I will be a bug in the bossman's ear to push things in this direction

This would be great, but I think we understand you have higher priorities right now. It might be a good thing that your code isn't open source already because I'd spend way too much time on that vs. playing.

Ultimately if/when the code for a licensed game is open source, and you could figure out a way to keep the assets locked down, I think you would get a lot of creative ideas (and free bug fixes) that could be rolled into the official code. I'm already thinking of stuff that could be done in Halloween like a “stab” mode where flipper hold time is reduced (rip-off of Mandalorian impossible mode) or an “injury” mode that would dynamically reduce flipper power if you miss shots.

#9943 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

This would be great, but I think we understand you have higher priorities right now. It might be a good thing that your code isn't open source already because I'd spend way too much time on that vs. playing.
Ultimately if/when the code for a licensed game is open source, and you could figure out a way to keep the assets locked down, I think you would get a lot of creative ideas (and free bug fixes) that could be rolled into the official code. I'm already thinking of stuff that could be done in Halloween like a “stab” mode where flipper hold time is reduced (rip-off of Mandalorian impossible mode) or an “injury” mode that would dynamically reduce flipper power if you miss shots.

Open source while keeping licensed assets secure would require a pretty whiz-bang API. And it would have to be fairly universal … at least by manufacturer.

Have to think about that some more.

#9944 2 years ago

also, just the fact that you have to lock down assets would severely hinder what people could do. I really hate how IP and copyright is implemented. It's draconian and why so few give a shit about it.

#9945 2 years ago

Ready to really have your mind blown?

A 1.063" diameter pinball... Is actually 27mm!

200.gif200.gif
#9946 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

also, just the fact that you have to lock down assets would severely hinder what people could do. I really hate how IP and copyright is implemented. It's draconian and why so few give a shit about it.

Maybe make it so the official assets are encrypted, but allow the option to replace them with non-encrypted "user-created" versions? That might get around the legal part of it for things like custom call outs and music that were done specifically for the game.

#9947 2 years ago
Quoted from KSP1138:

Maybe make it so the official assets are encrypted, but allow the option to replace them with non-encrypted "user-created" versions? That might get around the legal part of it for things like custom call outs and music that were done specifically for the game.

There are probably ways, but ultimately too much of a hassle and liability unless the IP holders don't care about what is done.

#9948 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Ready to really have your mind blown?
A 1.063" diameter pinball... Is actually 27mm![quoted image]

but is it standard between companies?

#9949 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There are probably ways, but ultimately too much of a hassle and liability unless the IP holders don't care about what is done.

What would be good is for a GIT managed repo - where people could be invited to participate. Spooky still maintains control and bugfixes could be crowd sourced. Not sure what the % of developers owners are out there though.

I'm speaking more to Just Game Code that involves timing, or everyday function of game long term. Maybe have a couple open source portions that you could allow folks to look at. This way you can focus on making new games and lean on some of the community to help out without blowing up the coils or changing things up in a way that causes license issues.

Example... Ball search feature on Game X( 4 years old ) seems a bit glitchy when this event occurs. Home user knows how to reproduce and possibly solve issue. User makes a Pull request and Spooky either denies or approves. That would be super cool to be part of.

#9950 2 years ago

Open source at Spooky died thanks to Homepin.

Please direct all your anger at Mike. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 199 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/199?hl=ksp1138 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.