7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 269.
#9701 2 years ago
Quoted from steve-o:

Just curious: Past NIB Spooky Direct buyers, what freight carrier do they use?

Orange you glad it’s not USPS

6C9EE46B-C305-415F-9902-98A41D6F1DC1 (resized).jpeg6C9EE46B-C305-415F-9902-98A41D6F1DC1 (resized).jpeg
#9702 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Orange you glad it’s not USPS
[quoted image]

Can you even imagine the nightmare that would be?

#9703 2 years ago
Quoted from steve-o:

I’ve seen some talk about FedEx, but not really sure…I always pick up from Spooky. The Spooky family always make it a lot of fun.

#9704 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

No need for butter on Halloween, Ultraman might be a different story. The artwork on the two pins is very different.

Although Ill probably get it for JCH, its going to really pop on Ultraman

#9705 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Can you even imagine the nightmare that would be?

It would be a Nightmare on every street not just Elm.

79D9A2D6-0486-4900-A2B6-C9C42D7883C0 (resized).jpeg79D9A2D6-0486-4900-A2B6-C9C42D7883C0 (resized).jpeg
#9706 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I’ve seen some talk about FedEx, but not really sure…I always pick up from Spooky. The Spooky family always make it a lot of fun.

I'm hoping to pick mine up from them as well..bit of a drive from Michigan..maybe once a month spooky could do Friday night parking lot BBQ for people that want to pick up in person..would be fun

#9707 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Any thoughts on how paranoid I should be getting an early run machine? I am number 58. This is my first home pin and will be learning a lot about maintenance and stuff as I go. Luckily I have some friends around who are more seasoned.
I ultimately think I am probably being paranoid. I can always update the code as it matures, and figure Spooky will take care of any thing else mechanical due to their excellent service reputation.

I'll swap game numbers with you if a later run game suits you more, #305 for #58.

#9710 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Completely disagree on this one.
The Butter Cabinet will be about the only option that sets a CE apart on these machines. Besides. It's amazing. Like furniture instead of a pinball cabinet.
Unless you know your machine will always be buried in a lineup and not occasionally on the end or standing alone, it is an option to consider.

Still not worth it as an investment. I'm just considering his words, because resale of it isn't that sought after and MOST people do line their games up side by side to maximize space. If you want it to look pretty, sure get it, but 'worth it'? That's highly dependent on the person, and their plans for it. Don't buy it thinking it is going to increase the resale value. You are more likely to lose money on that add-on.

#9711 2 years ago

wrong thread somehow.

#9712 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Still not worth it as an investment.

As an Investment, no.

To maximize your resale in the future on a HUO machine...you better believe a butter cab will bring a premium over one without.

As I said before, it is the only Upgrade from the stock CE. The LE/CE Collectors will pony up for it.

You might not be willing to. And certainly others will agree. But there is always a guy who wants the full board of available options.

#9713 2 years ago

We are driving from Michigan as well, gonna make a vacation out of it and stop off in Chicago for a couple days.

Quoted from Mitoska:

I'm hoping to pick mine up from them as well..bit of a drive from Michigan..maybe once a month spooky could do Friday night parking lot BBQ for people that want to pick up in person..would be fun

#9714 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

We are driving from Michigan as well, gonna make a vacation out of it and stop off in Chicago for a couple days.

I just sent an email asking if I can do the same. Just watched the Spooky documentary on Amazon and would love to visit the HQ and see this awesome small town that supported Charlie's vision. An incredible story.

#9715 2 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

As an Investment, no.
To maximize your resale in the future on a HUO machine...you better believe a butter cab will bring a premium over one without.
As I said before, it is the only Upgrade from the stock CE. The LE/CE Collectors will pony up for it.
You might not be willing to. And certainly others will agree. But there is always a guy who wants the full board of available options.

So long as you can keep it in great shape…I don’t have one but sounds like you need to be really careful with it and it’s not easy to fix.

#9716 2 years ago
Quoted from icyjones:

Any thoughts on how paranoid I should be getting an early run machine? I am number 58. This is my first home pin and will be learning a lot about maintenance and stuff as I go. Luckily I have some friends around who are more seasoned.
I ultimately think I am probably being paranoid. I can always update the code as it matures, and figure Spooky will take care of any thing else mechanical due to their excellent service reputation.

No need to be worried. The earlier the better, IMO. I got #78 (what a great #!) - the 28th pin off the line to the general public and I couldn’t be more excited. I just jumped into pinball this year and this will be my 3rd pin. As long as you don’t mind a little hands on tweaking every so often, you have nothing to worry about. Spooky, Your friends, and this fine community will help out if you have any questions or issues.

Exciting times…enjoy it - we should have our new game in a month or so.

#9717 2 years ago

Mine CE was ordered through KingPin and the butter was added/included on my invoice, not sure how Spooky is handling it.

My machine will be displayed Clown side out, looking forward to seeing that art pop w/butter.

#9719 2 years ago
Quoted from steve-o:

Just had an ACHC delivered and they sent it R+L. Great experience.

#9720 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

My distro had a mixup, im #341 now, not 139
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"100d932275266d8ef11bba355d78dcc60b34c4e0-1627244007-1800"};
//]]>

Still a good number, but damn...I'd be a bit dissapointed for sure.

#9721 2 years ago

Still a good number, but damn...I'd be
Ya. Sucks but the way it goes sometimes. Im sure it wasn't intentional, was a crazy few weeks for all the distributors and spooky I'll bet

#9722 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I just sent an email asking if I can do the same. Just watched the Spooky documentary on Amazon and would love to visit the HQ and see this awesome small town that supported Charlie's vision. An incredible story.

Thanks for mentioning that, didn't know about it. Just went and watched it! Cool story
https://www.amazon.com/Things-That-Go-Bump-Night/dp/B074MLWZY7/ref=mp_s_a_1_1

#9723 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

So long as you can keep it in great shape…I don’t have one but sounds like you need to be really careful with it and it’s not easy to fix.

That’s why I passed. If it gets dinged up or deep scratches your screwed. Nit an easy fix and if a decal easier to swap out and put in a new one.

#9724 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Clicked on link and says file doesn't exist.

link fixed, sorry.

#9726 2 years ago

Ce #853 nitro

#9727 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

So ordering direct, even 45 mins later after the store crashed, would be the better move to get a game sooner than ordering from a distro in the first 5 mins. That’s puzzling, but you learn new things everyday. My order went thru at 9:07 CST. I figured top 250-300…I was way off. I’m in the 700s. People who ordered 40 mins later from Spooky are ahead. Weird system. At least I’ll know if this pin is a huge hit, a bummer or somewhere in between long before then.

My order did not go through until 2 hours and 48 minutes after they went on sale. I ordered direct through Spooky. I have seen several people like you who ordered through a distributor within the first 10 minutes who have numbers that are much higher than mine. So yes, ordering direct through Spooky gives you a better chance of having a lower number (I am #184 UM CE)

#9729 2 years ago

Updated list

0C28054D-BFFB-4727-8225-490815EC49F4 (resized).jpeg0C28054D-BFFB-4727-8225-490815EC49F4 (resized).jpeg
#9730 2 years ago

What matters is when you got the game in your cart not when you checked out.

Quoted from RobT:

My order did not go through until 2 hours and 48 minutes after they went on sale. I ordered direct through Spooky. I have seen several people like you who ordered through a distributor within the first 10 minutes who have numbers that are much higher than mine. So yes, ordering direct through Spooky gives you a better chance of having a lower number (I am #184 UM CE)

#9731 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Updated list[quoted image]

for a minute i was actually looking at this wondering how i would have added 1251. . . . LOL

#9732 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

That would actually make a lot of sense given the amount of problems that I had checking out.

#9733 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You were complaining about missing an early # hours later, and saying you weren’t going to buy! And your # is comparably lower than mine.

#9734 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Also happy to say we are organizing a stream from the one and only Jack danger.
30 fresh games set up on the line this week and we are excited to really dig into them Monday.
Catch Corwin, Aj, and I in the booth of Joe Newhart of Pinball Star with Ultraman at Pinfest next weekend!
Charlie will be taking Halloween down to Flashback weekend Chicago Horror con as well!
Most all game numbers should be rolling out!
Hope these updates are helpful! Tons of cool stuff happening. Enjoy the ride guys!

Bumping this announcement

#9735 2 years ago

I'm curious... Day one, they were breaking the internet collecting sales, and now, a couple of distros are sitting on stock for days.

What gives???

Did I just fall for the Coinbase IPO again?

#9736 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I'm curious... Day one, they were breaking the internet collecting sales, and now, a couple of distros are sitting on stock for days.
What gives???

That's normal. Doubles, people backing out, etc. I think lots of people like me waiting to see some actual gameplay footage before deciding. It's a 12 month wait anyway. Just wait another 6-10 months and there will be others trying to get rid of their spots. Lots of people in this hobby are impatient, and a lot can change in ones life in a year.

#9737 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That's normal. I think lots of people like me waiting to see some actual gameplay footage before deciding. It's a 12 month wait anyway.

Yes, but we all started throwing money at our screen on day one without seeing anything, so what has changed?

If people were complaining they missed out, why aren't they scooping these up?

#9738 2 years ago

Yes, but we all started throwing money at our screen on day one without seeing anything, so what has changed?

Most of the people who wanted one have already scooped one up. There are probably some out there that don't realize there are any there. Nothing has changed. This happened to a smaller extent with the R&M release as well. The rest of my statement also plays into it. If they ahve to wait 12-18 months to get it, they are probably less likely to jump on it knowing that. I know with R&M waiting a year and watching ones come up for sale long before yours was made is kind of annoying when you can just buy one off the market at cost. (not talking about spot sellers) Lots more of these games, they will come up for sale.

#9739 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Most of the people who wanted one have already scooped one up. There are probably some out there that don't realize there are any there. Nothing has changed. This happened to a smaller extent with the R&M release as well. The rest of my statement also plays into it. If they ahve to wait 12-18 months to get it, they are probably less likely to jump on it knowing that.

I met a guy wearing a pinball shirt at circle K the other day. He said he doesn't mess with pinside but wished he could've scored a Halloween if they wouldn't have sold out. I told him to hit up a distributor and he didn't know anything about that.

#9740 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

No. At least not if you are thinking of it as an 'investment'.

I view at as protecting the game, I've had 4 NIB Sterns, never an option with those.

#9741 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Being in your doesn’t usually mean anything. Until you actually check out the order is not complete. So I don’t know how having the game in your cart will keep you ahead of people who checked out before you?

#9742 2 years ago

I think I have watched the Ultraman trailer about 100 times by now. Lol. I am super excited.

#9743 2 years ago

Once the game is in your cart the invoice is allocated to the individual, not really complicated stuff it works the same way with concert tickets or anything else that is a numbered sale.

Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Being in your doesn’t usually mean anything. Until you actually check out the order is not complete. So I don’t know how having the game in your cart will keep you ahead of people who checked out before you?

#9744 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That's what I found surprising, only because the distro said there were no differences between ordering from them or Spooky. I suppose it's true, if getting game #67 or game #670 makes no difference to you. I'm guessing it matters to lots of buyers, but that's just a guess.

#9745 2 years ago

R&M was a super hot, current licence and only 750 games, with Scott design, Bowen & Eric on the code, and call outs by the guy who does the show.

It's a big jump to 1750 games, unknown playfield designer, different coder etc.

Spooky did incredible to sell out on Day 1, but unlikely to be the same premiums on these games, unless they turn out to be fantastic.

#9746 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

That's what I found surprising, only because the distro said there were no differences between ordering from them or Spooky. I suppose it's true, if getting game #67 or game #670 makes no difference to you. I'm guessing it matters to lots of buyers, but that's just a guess.

This. It absolutely mattered, and therefore is arguably a reason not to buy from distros. Distros shouldn’t be happy about it either.

#9747 2 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

This. It absolutely mattered, and therefore is arguably a reason not to buy from distros. Distros shouldn’t be happy about it either.

How stressed out were you during the ordering process? Cause let me tell you, ordering through a distributor for R&M was a heck of a lot less stressful for me than ordering direct for Ultraman.

If I could go back and do it again, I would’ve gladly traded places with you.

#9748 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

I met a guy wearing a pinball shirt at circle K the other day. He said he doesn't mess with pinside but wished he could've scored a Halloween if they wouldn't have sold out. I told him to hit up a distributor and he didn't know anything about that.

Maybe he should "mess with" Pinside...

#9749 2 years ago

anyone have a clue what Spooky charges to ship 1 machine From Benton to Chicagoland suburb? Even a ballpark figure?...I cant make a pick up as my car is too small and I'd rather not have the liability.

#9750 2 years ago

With Ultraman coming to the booth at Pinfest on Friday/Saturday with a presume roadwarrior trip on Thrusday, I am guessing we will see some sort of reveal stream on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Can't wait Spooky!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rogers, AR
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 195 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/195?hl=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.