7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 269.
#901 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Ah so the game is "stacked" huh? I can see why he'd give that as a clue

You’ve let the cat out of the bag now Ben!
Thanks for the confirmation it’s clearly this Haha

C1F4575E-5EF8-4F7E-8B91-2042D28C7290 (resized).jpegC1F4575E-5EF8-4F7E-8B91-2042D28C7290 (resized).jpeg
#902 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

So there is an upper playfield, and a lower playfield, but no "playfield" playfield? Am-i-right??

They're obviously remaking Pinball Circus

#903 2 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

ATTENTION BEN HECK... You don’t have to tell us the next title just tell us one thing and we’ll leave you alone.
HAS ANYONE on this thread actually guessed the next title.
That’s all nothing more. Did someone anyone guess the title. That isn’t too much to ask for.

Let's rephrase this question because everyone in this thread has guessed the next title. Has anyone actually guessed correctly?

Just trying to close any loopholes here

#904 2 years ago
Quoted from chad:

From what I'm reading, it's going to be big....

Haunted House Remake?

#905 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

They're obviously remaking Pinball Circus

That's not the worst guess I've heard. I'm not sure I need to own a Pinball Circus, but it certainly would be different.

#906 2 years ago

Eating some Frankenberry crispies for breakfast, contemplating the next Spooky theme. Only a few mentioned are strong enough and popular enough to work.

Beetlejuice
Scooby Doo
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Pee Wee’s Big Adventures
Halloween
Scary Movie
Goonies
Zombieland Adventures

I’ll add a few more ...

Archer
Simpsons (again)
South Park (again)
FE7AC6A7-F11B-4CF0-9D9D-12E83C8532D1.jpegFE7AC6A7-F11B-4CF0-9D9D-12E83C8532D1.jpeg

#907 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Eating some Frankenberry crispies for breakfast, contemplating the next Spooky theme. Only a few mentioned are strong enough and popular enough to work.
Beetlejuice
Scooby Doo
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Pee Wee’s Big Adventures
Halloween
Scary Movie
Goonies
Zombieland Adventures
I’ll add a few more ...
Archer
Simpsons (again)
South Park (again)
[quoted image]

You left out Evil Dead which is both strong kung fu and probably more popular than some of those.

#908 2 years ago

I’ve kind of been hoping that Stern would do The Simpsons: treehouse of horror as a TSPP vault. But I would pumped if Spooky did it instead, PERFECT PERFECT THEME.

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Beetlejuice
Scooby Doo
Aqua Teen Hunger Force
Pee Wee’s Big Adventures
Halloween
Scary Movie
Goonies
Zombieland Adventures
I’ll add a few more ...
Archer
Simpsons (again)
South Park (again)
[quoted image]

0961B462-1DC1-4E6E-963D-D3AE56541DA0 (resized).jpeg0961B462-1DC1-4E6E-963D-D3AE56541DA0 (resized).jpeg

#909 2 years ago
Quoted from NatetheGreat:

How's about an Exorcist pin with a mechanical spinning Linda Blair head. Perhaps with a pinball 2000 type monitor that displays holograms of her levitating around and spitting out green puke all over the playfield. Linda Blairs mechanical head would be similar to Funhouse with her voice callouts trolling you throughout the game and when the ball drains you hear her call out "your mother sucks c***s in Hell". And when the ball lands in kick out craters she screams "F**k me F**k me". An Exorcist pin would have the greatest call outs in pinball history. Adult mode would be off the chain.
[quoted image]
What's more Spookier than Exorcist Linda Blair?

Man that would graphic and awesome!

Linda Blair on the bed could be the bash toy.... and every time you hit it her body could pop up and she would scream Motherrr or make it stop!

Would be an easy toy to make. Her body would just have to be on metal post like the toy on the Led Zeppelin pin.

#910 2 years ago
FCFCA401-AE6B-45C9-8246-7F3A8F04B5AB (resized).jpegFCFCA401-AE6B-45C9-8246-7F3A8F04B5AB (resized).jpeg
#911 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

really not into a horror theme

Spooky probably isn’t the pin company for you then. There’s plenty of other family friend themes out there.

#912 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Spooky probably isn’t the pin company for you then. There’s plenty of other family friend themes out there.

Not sure I agree, they made other pins before... They do seem to be aiming towards a different segment, foul language and maybe somewhat violent. but maybe they are not in the next pin, if they are or are not, I could not care less either way.
I just think their pins look nice and different, if I like one they make I will buy it.

#913 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Maybe it's BIBLE ADVENTURES!

thats being done by deeproot pinball

#914 2 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Sorry, what is the relation between the family friendly theme and the low number production?
I would like Scooby doo because i love humour in a pin, i think it helps a lot to get fun. I still think MM is the best sound package ever.

Until Rick and Morty. Which I think exceeds it.

#915 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

Let's rephrase this question because everyone in this thread has guessed the next title. Has anyone actually guessed correctly?
Just trying to close any loopholes here

I ain't sayin' SHIT!

#916 2 years ago

Hmm...so it has poop in it. Must be Southpark.

#917 2 years ago

This one sentence will be combed for secret meanings and clues until June haha.

Update: I decoded it. See below.

Quoted from benheck:

I ain't sayin' SHIT!

#918 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I ain't sayin' SHIT!

DBZ confirmed

DBC317_01 (resized).pngDBC317_01 (resized).png
#919 2 years ago

Goonies confirmed! Ben “ain’t sayin SHIT” but The Goonies say it about 100 times in the film. That’s a clear reference if you ask me. CGC / Ben Heck / Spooky collab. It’s next. Would explain why CGC has been so quiet.

Quoted from benheck:

I ain't sayin' SHIT!

#920 2 years ago

“Stacked” as in Robert. Spooky’s new pin theme unsolved mystery solved.

C08C45A8-98FE-4B3F-A912-73A1EFD294B2 (resized).jpegC08C45A8-98FE-4B3F-A912-73A1EFD294B2 (resized).jpeg

#921 2 years ago

Not sure I agree, they made other pins before...

What other pins are you referring to? I guess TNA is family friendly but other than that they are all horror or filled with foul language (Rick and Morty).

#922 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

What other pins are you referring to? I guess TNA is family friendly but other than that they are all horror or filled with foul language (Rick and Morty).

I think they made the Jetsons? but maybe I am wrong... I can live with Rick and Morty if the adult content can be switched on/off when she is around, I certainly do not want to expose my 4 year old to that kind of stuff just yet... you get the idea.

#923 2 years ago

It's Spaceballs!

#924 2 years ago

I think they made the Jetsons? but maybe I am wrong... I can live with Rick and Morty if the adult content can be switched on/off when she is around, I certainly do not want to expose my 4 year old to that kind of stuff just yet... you get the idea.

They produced Jetsons and Dominos on a contract basis, but other than assembling them, those games were actually created by someone else.

#925 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Goonies confirmed!

Haha belly laughs over here. I want Chunk and the gang to have their own pinball. Fingers crossed one day...”Goonies Never Say Die”

#926 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

This one sentence will be combed for secret meanings and clues until June haha.
Update: I decoded it. See below.

You actually solved this before your edit! (combed)

Spaceballs-trooper (resized).jpgSpaceballs-trooper (resized).jpg
#927 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I ain't sayin' SHIT!

I immediately thought of those spaceballs dudes combing the desert where they say “We ain’t found SHIT”... I’m going to say YES the theme was guessed within this thread. I’m going to say these are the front runners from the thread:

Beetlejuice
Goonies
Scooby Doo
Evil Dead
Spaceballs

E06E16E8-A3E4-4C03-99AC-C88F90B8232E (resized).jpegE06E16E8-A3E4-4C03-99AC-C88F90B8232E (resized).jpeg
#928 2 years ago

Could be Goonies though look at this stack of Ice Cream

55113D23-8173-44B4-AB80-EAF490B8F036 (resized).jpeg55113D23-8173-44B4-AB80-EAF490B8F036 (resized).jpeg
#929 2 years ago

Goonies is far more popular than Spaceballs and fits the brand better.

Quoted from mrclean:

I immediately thought of those spaceballs dudes combing the desert where they say “We ain’t found SHIT”... I’m going to say YES the theme was guessed within this thread. I’m going to say these are the front runners from the thread:
Beetlejuice
Goonies
Scooby Doo
Evil Dead
Spaceballs[quoted image]

#931 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

thats being done by deeproot pinball

I wish Ben would stop steeling ideas from Deeproot.

#932 2 years ago

I would love that but it would be too similar to EHOH as they would use most of the same films: manos hands of fate, eegah, teenagers from outer space etc etc. I actually put little mst3k figures hidden IN my EHOH before I sold it haha

#933 2 years ago

Derproot is never going to make Goonies. They probably sat on the license so long it expired. They can’t even get their first game out.

Quoted from lpeters82:

I wish Ben would stop steeling ideas from Deeproot.

#934 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Derproot is never going to make Goonies. They probably sat on the license so long it expired. They can’t even get their first game out.

What a shame if they have this locked in and another pinball company can't make this awesome theme into a pin...

Deeproot with Goonies License= TOAB

#935 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

It makes infinitely more sense as a theme vs... Well everything else in their pitch deck. Machine Age? Baby Yeti? NOBODY WANTS THIS CRAP.

#936 2 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

I'll make a prediction... how about Universal Studios Classic Monsters. Wouldn't that be cool where you got all the clips from the original movies, and likeness of Bela Lugosi, Boris Karloff, Lon Chaney Jr, etc. I can see it now a black and white game with tints of green, and all the clips from the classic films. Please tell me this is the theme... my checkbook would be out and a blank check would be handed over.
FYI... Monster Bash isn't the same. I'm talking about the classic monsters and clips from the original black and white films.

Alright- I’ll add to the pipe dream. I’ve been thinking about Dr. Frightener’s theories... let’s say that they got Bela’s likeness for a reason. Can’t imagine spending money on just a fan club item. So outside of a Universal Monsters pin (which I would love) - what license does that leave you with? Plan 9 From Outer Space? Ed Wood? But neither of those are mainstream. It’s horror, or so we’ve been told. Charlie is wearing the Famous Monsters with Frankenstein shirt...

There’s no way in hell this is the theme- but I would be overjoyed if it was: In Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein, the boys work as freight delivery guys (stacked and loaded?) for the railway station. They have to deliver Dracula’s coffin and the body of the Frankenstein monster to a house of horror’s museum. The Wolfman tries to stop Drac’s nefarious plans.

Now I doubt it. But that would be amazing.

#937 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:Baby Yeti? NOBODY WANTS THIS CRAP.

Hey Ben, some of us want “Baby Yogurt”....
1B4D0367-A2C9-4393-BD94-9B47787718BF (resized).jpeg1B4D0367-A2C9-4393-BD94-9B47787718BF (resized).jpeg

#938 2 years ago

Theme selection process needs more mojo.

B5BC8276-2A79-471B-9064-87ECCECC28E8.jpegB5BC8276-2A79-471B-9064-87ECCECC28E8.jpeg
#939 2 years ago

I don’t think I’ve heard this mentioned yet; but, I really think Castlevania would be an interesting pinball theme. Hits on the nostalgic side. On point for spooky style/brand, isn’t Nintendo…it’s Konami so I’d be curious if licensing is better odds. Lot of potential.

22F085FC-098E-40F2-8E44-AC2003250669 (resized).jpeg22F085FC-098E-40F2-8E44-AC2003250669 (resized).jpeg
#940 2 years ago

How about Contra? The music alone would kick ass.

#941 2 years ago

Yo Ben... how about the person who guesses the new title first wins a new machine. This thread would go from 19 pages to 119 pages overnight.

Just give us something, did the new theme get mentioned already. Just say because that will send the site into a frenzy guessing over and over again which one it is. You know only like 200 options have been listed. C’mon. LOL

#942 2 years ago

Personnaly, i would only go and buy to games which theme is a mix of horror and humor.
Then i think Zombieland, shaun of the Dead, tucker&dale, from Dusk till dawn, grindhouse are in the same league.
Goonie is different, more familiar like Scooby Doo but i prefer cartoon for this last one. Both are great for me.

The only serious horror/zombie theme i would buy is 28 days/months later

#943 2 years ago

Must be spaceballs!! If it is I am i !!

#944 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I ain't sayin' SHIT!

It's Back To The Future!

vlcsnap-2010-02-07-15h57m54s18 (resized).pngvlcsnap-2010-02-07-15h57m54s18 (resized).png
#945 2 years ago

My dream theme would be fnaf!

35CD5B58-D7BE-48B7-B3B3-F556178D18F2 (resized).jpeg35CD5B58-D7BE-48B7-B3B3-F556178D18F2 (resized).jpeg

#946 2 years ago

It has to be. Because every adult I’ve met doesn’t like one of the most popular horror games. And call it shit.

#947 2 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

Yo Ben... how about the person who guesses the new title first wins a new machine. This thread would go from 19 pages to 119 pages overnight.
Just give us something, did the new theme get mentioned already. Just say because that will send the site into a frenzy guessing over and over again which one it is. You know only like 200 options have been listed. C’mon. LOL

I'm not gonna read this whole thread just to see if it's been mentioned! And I wouldn't even if I did

It's not Goonies. God damn Goonies. Does that theme have any appeal outside Gen X? Yeah I know we're the ones buying pins but a zoomer at a bar is gonna be like "Goonies? Like, what the eff is that? Totes not on fleek"

I mean Pinside willed Munsters into existence by typing it one zillion times. (See also Iron Maiden) So I dunno. Wait for Deep poop to fold and maybe somebody else will grab it? Won't be Stern though.

#948 2 years ago

Fnaf would bring teens into pinball. It doesn’t have to be spooky. I would take any company to make a five nights at freddys pin. I’m already thinking of making one myself (in vpx first of coarse).

#949 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It's not Goonies. God damn Goonies. Does that theme have any appeal outside Gen X? Yeah I know we're the ones buying pins but a zoomer at a bar is gonna be like "Goonies? Like, what the eff is that? Totes not on fleek"

It came out around the same time as Ghostbusters, Indiana Jones, Back to the Future, Pee-Wee...just like those 80s movies, Goonies made an impact that was iconic - and it’s been kept alive by parents showing it to their kids.

Not sure it would work as a pin tho - most of the dialog is characters talking over each other like an Altman movie.

#950 2 years ago

Am I asking too much for a Strokes pin?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.