7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,399 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 268.
#9401 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Are there any good videos of AMH gameplay where you can really hear the audio? I remember when i first played AMH at Expo, I HATED the voices, and thought they were so bad that it made the game a non-starter for me. However, recently I saw an AMH stream and what you could hear sounded like campy stuff I would like. Audio wasn't good enough to hear much of the callouts, so I'd like to watch a video where you can hear everything. I'm curious if anything has changed or if I would like the experience any more than when it was still in pre-release status. Rules seem cool and the Medisinyl mods are over the top on this game.

PAPA did one.

#9402 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Hey guys my apologies on running late with some gameplay. We are working on it!

SOLVED....

Video_Spooky_mrclean (resized).pngVideo_Spooky_mrclean (resized).png
#9404 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Are there any good videos of AMH gameplay where you can really hear the audio? I remember when i first played AMH at Expo, I HATED the voices, and thought they were so bad that it made the game a non-starter for me. However, recently I saw an AMH stream and what you could hear sounded like campy stuff I would like. Audio wasn't good enough to hear much of the callouts, so I'd like to watch a video where you can hear everything. I'm curious if anything has changed or if I would like the experience any more than when it was still in pre-release status. Rules seem cool and the Medisinyl mods are over the top on this game.

As long as you can appreciate campy, the total package just works great. I can’t speak to pre-release code, but highly recommend this game in a home environment in its current iteration. I still LOL even after playing the crap out of AMH for a couple years. Lots of interesting shots & mechs. The game is difficult and ball times can be short (I still haven’t reached the wizard mode), but it’s really satisfying when you get a good game going.

#9405 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

SOLVED....
[quoted image]

Classic!!! Lmfao

#9406 2 years ago

So a lot of people are saying they want a Nightmare on Elm Street pin. I had never seen the movies, although I got the gist through pop culture osmosis (in particular Scary Terry in R&M and that one Treehouse of Horror segment that legit terrified me when I was 8). I plowed through all of them over a couple days, curious about how well it would translate to pinball. It would need to be an original adventure, because I don't think any one particular movie would be great for pinball.

Here are my two cents while I kill time between meetings

Elm Street 1 = the original. The production values are pretty low but it works well enough. It sets up the basic mythos and rules of the franchise. I didn't love it, but I respect it for the originality of the idea and starting the franchise. It's solid

Elm Street 2 = super gay. Not in a derogatory way, but actually gay. Some of it is a bit problematic in 2021 lenses, but all the subtext makes it more interesting than some of the later movies. I didn't know this going in and halfway through the movie I had to take a break to make sure I wasn't imagining it. Then I saw it was intentional and is considered a somewhat important work in gay cinema. It breaks certain rules of the franchise and is mostly ignored in cannon (probably for the best). They recently made a documentary about this entry and I want to check it out.

Elm Street 3 = easily the best one in the franchise. If you only see one, this is the one. Best production values in the series. Interesting and great kills. Does a great job expanding the mythos and rules of the franchise. Freddy's personality is fully realized by this point with a nice blend of menace, vulgar antagonism, and funny one liners. The only one I would consider re-watching.

Elm Street 4 = solid follow up to 3. It's fine

Elm Street 5 = interesting premise but incredibly boring. Only one fun kill that is a rip off of Monty Python's The Meaning of Life

Elm Street 6 = what is this slapstick train wreck? Did they realize they were killing the franchise during production and decide to go with it for the name of the movie? It's like a dark comedy that isn't funny (Carlos's kill is a little amusing). Its tone is all over the place. The highlight is when it's over and they do a montage of all the iconic moments from the previous films during the credits. Seriously, what happened? It has a Roseanne and Tom Arnold cameo FFS.

1-2, 4-6 are on HBO Max. I thought it was weird I had to go rent 3, but it's the best of the franchise so I guess it's not that surprising they're milking it.

side note: Eight Ball Deluxe is in 3. There is what appears to be a 60s William EM pin in 6 but I couldn't ID it and didn't see it on some of the sites that list pinballs in movies.

I need to go try to find the Gottlieb machine. It looks like it has some neat toys on it.

#9407 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

So a lot of people are saying they want a Nightmare on Elm Street pin. I had never seen the movies, although I got the gist through pop culture osmosis (in particular Scary Terry in R&M and that one Treehouse of Horror segment that legit terrified me when I was 8). I plowed through all of them over a couple days, curious about how well it would translate to pinball. It would need to be an original adventure, because I don't think any one particular movie would be great for pinball.
Here are my two cents while I kill time between meetings
Elm Street 1 = the original. The production values are pretty low but it works well enough. It sets up the basic mythos and rules of the franchise. I didn't love it, but I respect it for the originality of the idea and starting the franchise. It's solid
Elm Street 2 = super gay. Not in a derogatory way, but actually gay. Some of it is a bit problematic in 2021 lenses, but all the subtext makes it more interesting than some of the later movies. I didn't know this going in and halfway through the movie I had to take a break to make sure I wasn't imagining it. Then I saw it was intentional and is considered a somewhat important work in gay cinema. It breaks certain rules of the franchise and is mostly ignored in cannon (probably for the best). They recently made a documentary about this entry and I want to check it out.
Elm Street 3 = easily the best one in the franchise. If you only see one, this is the one. Best production values in the series. Interesting and great kills. Does a great job expanding the mythos and rules of the franchise. Freddy's personality is fully realized by this point with a nice blend of menace, vulgar antagonism, and funny one liners. The only one I would consider re-watching.
Elm Street 4 = solid follow up to 3. It's fine
Elm Street 5 = interesting premise but incredibly boring. Only one fun kill that is a rip off of Monty Python's The Meaning of Life
Elm Street 6 = what is this slapstick train wreck? Did they realize they were killing the franchise during production and decide to go with it for the name of the movie? It's like a dark comedy that isn't funny (Carlos's kill is a little amusing). Its tone is all over the place. The highlight is when it's over and they do a montage of all the iconic moments from the previous films during the credits. Seriously, what happened? It has a Roseanne and Tom Arnold cameo FFS.
1-2, 4-6 are on HBO Max. I thought it was weird I had to go rent 3, but it's the best of the franchise so I guess it's not that surprising they're milking it.
side note: Eight Ball Deluxe is in 3. There is what appears to be a 60s William EM pin in 6 but I couldn't ID it and didn't see it on some of the sites that list pinballs in movies.
I need to go try to find the Gottlieb machine. It looks like it has some neat toys on it.

Now that you've seen those, checkout New Nightmare with Wes Craven back at the helm. It is an internal look at the series itself from within in a good way, IMO. If considered part of the series, it is one of the best.

b18b2737a3694c8f88f183d1750334b3 (resized).jpgb18b2737a3694c8f88f183d1750334b3 (resized).jpg
#9408 2 years ago

Yeah I'm actually looking forward to watching it tonight. I heard it was sorta like Scream before Craven did Scream.

But it doesn't seem to be recognized as part of the core cannon/

I've also been working my way through the Friday the 13th movies so I can fully appreciate the dumbness of Freddy V Jason

#9409 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

dumbness of Freddy V Jason

That pretty much sums up the entire movie, but I enjoyed it as a kid.

#9410 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

That pretty much sums up the entire movie, but I enjoyed it as a kid.

The freddy and jason parts are pretty good. It's all the other really bad acting that makes it bad. I still like it though

I also dont mind the reboot, but only if the next reboot is better.

#9411 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Unfortunately, like most Gottlieb Sys3s, it’s sorta bad.

They had some good layout ideas - but has been stated by guys who worked there, they only had a crazy 3 months to get the games from paper to factory floor. Williams had 18mths.

The software programming really lets those pins down.

I think if someone was able to redo the software, some of those System 3s would be ok pins.

rd

#9412 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

They had some good layout ideas - but has been stated by guys who worked there, they only had a crazy 3 months to get the games from paper to factory floor. Williams had 18mths.
I think if someone was able to redo the software, some of those System 3s would be ok pins.
rd

Yeah that's how I feel about most System 3s

I really like the layout on Street Fighter 2, but it's such a bad game... (decent earner though)

The layout looks meh on Nightmare, but the toys seem pretty good with the boiler, Freddy spitting up a ball, the weird face/soul targets, the claw flipper, and claw save. Looking at a rulesheet I see some ok ideas, but I'm sure there is no balance to any of it.

#9413 2 years ago

Does anyone know when spooky will get the numbers straightened out. I'm so excited to see where I stand.

#9414 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Does anyone know when spooky will get the numbers straightened out.

Sadly no.

#9415 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I really like the layout on Street Fighter 2, but it's such a bad game... (decent earner though)

I agree on the first (great layout with lots of possibilities), kind of agree on the second (it's so lineair, too linear for at home), and I can understand the decent earner-thing (it's clear what to shoot for and I think it's really fun and addicting to play some games, just not for many, many, many games, so I think in the long run it's only fun for home use in a larger collection of games.

I think it would be a great playfield to make new rules for though.

Back on topic: where're those video's?

#9416 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

A little birdie just informed me that Halloween will be at the Allentown Pinfest show on 7/30 and 7/31! This is great news!

Hopefully this is a go. I don't see Spooky on the vendor list YET!?!, but we will know soon

#9417 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

rd

Gladiators is pretty cool. The software has issues, but it's not as bad as most.

#9418 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Gladiators is pretty cool. The software has issues, but it's not as bad as most.

What software issues? I have gladiators, teed off, Shaq attack, Street fighter II, world challenge soccer in the collection. I always like the systems 3's, fun to play for anyone

#9419 2 years ago
Quoted from sven:

I agree on the first (great layout with lots of possibilities), kind of agree on the second (it's so lineair, too linear for at home), and I can understand the decent earner-thing (it's clear what to shoot for and I think it's really fun and addicting to play some games, just not for many, many, many games, so I think in the long run it's only fun for home use in a larger collection of games.
I think it would be a great playfield to make new rules for though.
Back on topic: where're those video's?

I wouldn't have said SF2 is too linear as being an issue, although I guess it is now that you say it. It's more that it's incredibly easy and the scoring balance is god awful. Plus the music and sound effects stink compared to the arcade game.

#9420 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I wouldn't have said SF2 is too linear as being an issue, although I guess it is now that you say it. It's more that it's incredibly easy and the scoring balance is god awful. Plus the music and sound effects stink compared to the arcade game.

SPUHENNIG BUUUH-HURD KEEK!

#9421 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Gladiators is a great layout but has a serious scoring exploit.

#9422 2 years ago

PinballSTAR Update -

We still have 1 Ultraman SE and 2 Ultraman LEs available...

Email [email protected] or use the link in our email blast of Wed 7/7... If you don't have the email blast - email us to get it...

TY
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements

#9423 2 years ago

NITRO Pinball Update

We have Halloween CE's & Ultraman CE's preorders available https://nitropinball.com/collections/spooky-pinball

Link will be posted as long as either are still available. US & Eastern Canada orders will ship from Spooky. Washington State & Western Canada orders will ship from Nitro USA (Sumas) & Nitro Canada (Vancouver)

Thanks,

[email protected]
1-855-DO-NITRO

#9424 2 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

NITRO Pinball Update
We have Halloween CE's & Ultraman CE's preorders available https://nitropinball.com/collections/spooky-pinball
Link will be posted as long as either are still available. US & Eastern Canada orders will ship from Spooky. Washington State & Western Canada orders will ship from Nitro USA (Sumas) & Nitro Canada (Vancouver)
Thanks,
[email protected]
1-855-DO-NITRO

Theoretically speaking, a customer could order any of the 3 versions from you, correct? I know the CE is the most popular, so you likely expect that to be the one requested.

#9425 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Theoretically speaking, a customer could order any of the 3 versions from you, correct? I know the CE is the most popular, so you likely expect that to be the one requested.

These are the 2 versions we still have available.

#9426 2 years ago

These are the 2 versions we still have available.

I certainly don't want to be argumentative, but I thought the whole point was for the customer base to choose which edition they want and that is Spooky's grand scheme. No set amount of any one edition is set in stone until the orders are all closed. I really only wonder because a friend was considering Halloween, but would only be able to swing a standard edition, money wise.

#9427 2 years ago

I don't know how Spooky works with vendors, but based on the comments above, it sounds like they have to commit to a specific allotment to hold those spaces. They probably have to just guess on a breakdown of SE, BSE, and CE.

#9428 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I certainly don't want to be argumentative, but I thought the whole point was for the customer base to choose which edition they want and that is Spooky's grand scheme. No set amount of any one edition is set in stone until the orders are all closed. I really only wonder because a friend was considering Halloween, but would only be able to swing a standard edition, money wise.

Spooky orders have closed. We purchased a specific amount of each model. This is what we have remaining. Have your friend contact us and we'll try to help.

#9429 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

What software issues? I have gladiators, teed off, Shaq attack, Street fighter II, world challenge soccer in the collection. I always like the systems 3's, fun to play for anyone

Gladiators has three primary issues:

1. Mentioned scoring exploit. Unlimited points during calm before the storm.

2. Random 20 mil with outlane drains. This is crazy unbalanced and ruins competitive play.

3. 50 million saucer does not require the ramp. Very dumb coding.

In the system 3 list, it's second only to Stargate imho. Great game.

#9430 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

You can get unlimited points from that calm before the storm mode and the subsequent beast mode and bonus collect.

#9431 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

PinballSTAR Update -
We still have 1 Ultraman SE and 2 Ultraman LEs available...
Email [email protected] or use the link in our email blast of Wed 7/7... If you don't have the email blast - email us to get it...
TY
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements

NITRO Pinball Update
Thanks,
[email protected]
1-855-DO-NITRO

It will be interesting to see how fast these remaining slots are sold after Spooky release a gameplay video.

#9432 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It will be interesting to see how fast these remaining slots are sold after Spooky release a gameplay video.

I’m one of the guys waiting...come on spooky!

#9433 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I’m one of the guys waiting...come on spooky!

Also in the waiting....peeking at this thread every couple of days.

#9434 2 years ago

Literally everyone waiting in suspense and anticipation for an official game number email blast and / or gameplay videos haha.

731A41A2-4A62-4767-BD60-35E7D384ABEA (resized).jpeg731A41A2-4A62-4767-BD60-35E7D384ABEA (resized).jpeg
#9435 2 years ago

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. Spooky posted everyday or multiple times a day leading up to the release..then pretty much radio silent since sale day. It's been 14 days since purchase and nothing.. I'm definitely less excited about my game then I was 2 weeks ago

#9436 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. Spooky posted everyday or multiple times a day leading up to the release..then pretty much radio silent since sale day. It's been 14 days since purchase and nothing.. I'm definitely less excited about my game then I was 2 weeks ago

that's how hype and FOMO works...

They are most likely buying lambo's and sipping drinks in mexico with all your down payments.

#9437 2 years ago

I keep hearing spooky on all of these interviews and podcasts. They are not radio silent. Unfortunately they are not saying what we really want to hear. Our orders and what numbers they are. Would love to see some game play. Every so often throw me a bone and it will make the time go by easier. Still very excited about my game. More footage please...

#9438 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Isn't it a Spooky mantra that "pinball is hard". I'm sure they are hard at work trying to both machines ready to show.

tenor.giftenor.gif

#9439 2 years ago

Just received my game #417, 4th or 5th batch

The moment you have been waiting for is now here. no more losing sleep over which number you have in the line

Halloween 417 you are in the fourth batch of machines that i get (after the early location ones)

*numbers indicate a rough idea on when your game will be built, but are not a guarantee as show games, overseas orders, special requests, etc can move games around in the queue.

#9440 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Buckle up. It’s gonna be really boring until the gameplay stream happens. Then it’s gonna be really boring until someone gets their game first. Then it’s gonna be really boring until you get yours.

#9441 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

The moment you have been waiting for is now here. no more losing sleep over which number you have in the line
Halloween 417 you are in the fourth batch of machines that i get (after the early location ones)
*numbers indicate a rough idea on when your game will be built, but are not a guarantee as show games, overseas orders, special requests, etc can move games around in the queue.

Yup, the win goes to King Pin Games for getting numbers out first!

#9442 2 years ago

At least Spooky is working on the order numbers. JJP (I ordered direct) won’t give any guess as to when the GNR I ordered will be done.

#9443 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

I assume you have a CE ? Cant wait to see how high those CE #'s go.

#9444 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I assume you have a CE ? Cant wait to see how high those CE #'s go.

Yes sir, purchased CE from Chris @ KingPin who was awesome to work with

#9446 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

my highest collectors is in the 930's

KingPinGames What is your highest CE for Ultraman? Just curios since I ordered a BSE and it 423.

#9447 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

my highest collectors is in the 930's

Wow! We are looking at possibly around 90% CE's

#9448 2 years ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

I keep hearing spooky on all of these interviews and podcasts. They are not radio silent. Unfortunately they are not saying what we really want to hear. Our orders and what numbers they are. Would love to see some game play. Every so often throw me a bone and it will make the time go by easier. Still very excited about my game. More footage please...

Bug said on one of those interviews that gameplay footage coming at least before the end of July.

#9449 2 years ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

KingPinGames What is your highest CE for Ultraman? Just curios since I ordered a BSE and it 423.

You have a BSE Ultraman at 423?

#9450 2 years ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

you are my first bse for ultraman.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 999.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
$ 49.99
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Jamestown, NC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
9,300 (OBO)
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,399 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 268.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/189?hl=wildrover and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.