7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 269.
#9251 2 years ago

Monkey brains multi ball

Quoted from insight75:

So you are saying you want Faces of Death Pin? Great idea!

#9252 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Spooky,
Thank you for making Ultraman.
Please stick to a pattern of niche rather than going all in on horror. I was absolutely out on Halloween no matter how good it looked and I would feel the same about most, if not all, horror flicks. I was elated to see an Ultraman reveal and ordered one myself (my first Spooky game)
I mean no disrespect to the horror fans but I personally HATE the genre.
Give me Invincible (PLEASE!!!), Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Farscape, Anime, Kung Fu flicks, etc and I will continue to be excited by each upcoming Spooky release.
Thank you Spooky!!

Why do all of the anti-horror people feel the need to constantly bash the Halloween theme? I have yet to see any of the people in the Halloween threads bashing Ultraman. People have different tastes and there are at least as many people who liked the Halloween theme as R&M or Ultraman. If you don't like horror, there are plenty of other manufacturers making games for you.

#9253 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Why do all of the anti-horror people feel the need to constantly bash the Halloween theme? I have yet to see any of the people in the Halloween threads bashing Ultraman. People have different tastes and there are at least as many people who liked the Halloween theme as R&M or Ultraman. If you don't like horror, there are plenty of other manufacturers making games for you.

Probably one of the parents that protested against Mortal Kombat when it was released.

#9254 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Because even the old fogies haven't escaped the 'me me me it's all about me' apocalypse.

Speaking of which, have I told you about me lately?

#9255 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Are we going to see the game play footage anytime soon? I'm a genuinely interested buyer, but I need to see how it shoots first

Yeah a lot of people are anxiously awaiting Kvan! Donā€™t seem very prepared for this launch. A week later and havenā€™t gotten through the slot numbers for everybody.

Huge success brings its challenges!

#9256 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah a lot of people are anxiously awaiting Kvan! Donā€™t seem very prepared for this launch. A week later and havenā€™t gotten through the slot numbers for everybody.
Huge success brings its challenges!

Agreed. Time better spent getting their shit together on builds and allotments than game play footage for a pin that is probably sold out.

Besides, gameplay footage gives the naysayers ammunition to pick shit apart. Spooky deserves better.

#9257 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Because a lot of people are just plain shitty.

Best just to ignore them.

At least they didnā€™t say ā€œthatā€™s a hard pass for me.ā€

#9258 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

How do know how that really feels? Hmmmmm ā€¦ā€¦..

Soooo satisfying,

According to Michael Meyers!

#9259 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Soooo satisfying,
According to Michael Meyers!

Actually what he said was " ".

#9260 2 years ago

Im hoping the topper has variable slashing speed!! Slowly but surely builds up, RGBs get redder and redder until, the deed is done...

#9261 2 years ago

My distro just confirmed my fang club membership, boy hate to miss the "n" in that.

Wonder how many folks will lose a machine from a distro without having the Fang Club membership.

#9262 2 years ago

I am not a big horror fan, but I hardly think of Halloween (1978) as a hardcore horror flick. I donā€™t think you need to be a horror buff to enjoy this movie or theme. I think that is what makes this theme so awesome!

#9263 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

So you are saying you want Faces of Death Pin? Great idea!

Dr. Francis B. Gross!

#9264 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

My distro just confirmed my fang club membership, boy hate to miss the "n" in that.
Wonder how many folks will lose a machine from a distro without having the Fang Club membership.

PinballSTARs email clearly stated that after ordering, you needed to get the FANG memberships asap. I did, but i also wonder if others didnt. Hope they did.

#9265 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

They'll probably just tell those folks to go purchase a membership so they are good. Doubt anyone will give up a spot over $45 plus it will create extra work for the distro to refund a deposit.

#9266 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I really do want to listen to something new thatā€™s greatā€¦ just firmly not convinced anything new of substance musically has come out in the last couple decades. Please let me know what it might beā€¦ I have tried and found it all to be shite.

Congrats, you're an old fogey now.

Just like every generation before you reached old fogey status, and complained about the kids and their music. It's utterly normal to hold up the cultureā€”be it music or movies or anime or whatever elseā€”of your teenage years as the pinnacle. It's what formed your tastes for the most part. There's a reason nostalgia is so powerful of a tool. It sells a lot of pinball machines!

I used to really champion the idea of original themes being something pinball needed. I've basically given up on the idea. It's clear that even the boutique makers like Spooky are better off with licenses. I might not like it, but you can't argue with the results.

I give Spooky a lot of credit for doing Rick and Morty, that wasn't a nostalgia play. And you know what? A lot of people here had never watched it, tried it because of the pin, and had a great time. Because being "new" isn't the same as being "shite".

Just remember, any year or era of music that you love had a ton of garbage come out then too. It's just all been forgotten about, tossed in history's dust bin. Only the stuff with staying power remains.

And in 20 years someone will look back on Demon Slayer the way you look back on Ninja Scroll.

The cycle continues.

#9267 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

It could also be possible he's just asking them to do other stuff as well because there ain't no way in bleeding hell that Stern or JJP would ever make something like Ultraman. The ONLY reason Godzilla will was a feeble attempt to kneecap Spooky.

#9268 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Demon Slayer the way you look back on Ninja Scroll.

One of these is way better than the other....and it's not Ninja Scroll.

#9269 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I still have my first edition. Too bad the movie was garbage.

Agreed, such a letdown after reading the book.

#9270 2 years ago

This is very true considering Halloween is not actually a Horror film at all. Itā€™s a slasher / suspense in the Italian Giallo style ,updated by Carpenter to appeal to US audiences.

Quoted from Indusguys:

I am not a big horror fan, but I hardly think of Halloween (1978) as a hardcore horror flick. I donā€™t think you need to be a horror buff to enjoy this movie or theme. I think that is what makes this theme so awesome!

#9271 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Iā€™m sure thatā€™s partly why they have taken so long figuring out the slot positions. Gotta be a shit show when you throw in the ordering snafu and who should go where

#9272 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

No horror?!?!?[quoted image]

Not NO horror. Just not STRICTLY horror
Bit of something for everyone.

#9273 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Where did I bash at all? I said I personally hate horror movies. Im sure i have a long long list of cheesy movies i like that are not what you would call popular

#9274 2 years ago

Wow, there are some pissier than normal folk here today.
The point was that Spooky made a good call appealing to different tastes.
Sit back down.

#9275 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Sit back down.

Hey come on. You knew you were gonna get some push back from the horror fanatics. Just having some fun here...

#9276 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:I am not a big horror fan, but I hardly think of Halloween (1978) as a hardcore horror flick. I donā€™t think you need to be a horror buff to enjoy this movie or theme. I think that is what makes this theme so awesome!

True. The first Halloween is really all about the tension and suspense. Barely any deaths or gore. Just a slow buildup to the climax. Michael Myers doesn't even really kill any random innocent bystanders, just people associated with Laurie Strode.

#9277 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Where did I bash at all? I said I personally hate horror movies. Im sure i have a long long list of cheesy movies i like that are not what you would call popular

FWIW, I didn't intend to single you out. It's been a bit much here and in the UM thread.

#9278 2 years ago

So I am putting together the Spooky Promotional Plastic Stand up...Seems there is a leftover piece that says Stay Spooky 2021. Does anyone know where this goes? Sorry I am not the best at figuring these things out lol

#9279 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Sit back down.

I think it's just that there are a lot of us horror fans that have been wishing for a true horror game for years. Finally there's a manufacturer that is doing one. I know I can get a little sensitive when I see any discouragement to Spooky for doing this because I want more horror games in the future.

C'mon man all the other manufacturers have been making superhero and kiddie themes for years. Plenty of other options out there!

#9280 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

So I am putting together the Spooky Promotional Plastic Stand up...Seems there is a leftover piece that says Stay Spooky 2021. Does anyone know where this goes? Sorry I am not the best at figuring these things out lol

The little one had its own solo stand...

#9281 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

There are 2 stand-ups. The big one and that small one. There should be a small cross section for that one too.

#9282 2 years ago

Oh okay, guess I am missing the cross section piece.

#9283 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Oh okay, guess I am missing the cross section piece.

Possibly fell into the box. Perhaps check the packing materials.

#9284 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Do we think Spooky will release TNA 2.0 before announcing any other games?

TNA 2.0 seems like a great failsafe to keep the line moving. If there is ever a delay with getting approvals for the next licensed games start on a batch of TNA 2.0.

#9285 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Because even the old fogies haven't escaped the 'me me me it's all about me' apocalypse.
Speaking of which, have I told you about me lately?
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"50d213d217e19464104945f35a9d11df06958016-1626313094-1800"};
//]]>

People call me self centered. But thatā€™s enough about them.

#9286 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

I know I can get a little sensitive when I see any discouragement to Spooky for doing this because I want more horror games in the future.

He wasn't discouraging them. He was thanking them for doing an alternate.

#9287 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Congrats, you're an old fogey now.

Yep. Totally acknowledged. Fogey and then some.

Quoted from Aurich:

Just like every generation before you reached old fogey status, and complained about the kids and their music. It's utterly normal to hold up the cultureā€”be it music or movies or anime or whatever elseā€”of your teenage years as the pinnacle. It's what formed your tastes for the most part.

FWIW I think the music that came out in my teenage years (mid 80s) was utter horseshit for the most part. I listen to next to little of it today.

Quoted from Aurich:

Just remember, any year or era of music that you love had a ton of garbage come out then too. It's just all been forgotten about, tossed in history's dust bin. Only the stuff with staying power remains.

I agreeā€¦ but I want to know in the last 2 decades what is of the quality of Pink Floyd, Yes, Grateful Dead, Dire Straits, etc. Two pinsiders actually did respond with some artists that I checked out (thanks actually, because there was some very good stuff in there) but I donā€™t knowā€¦ just still not hearing stuff that is blowing my mind.

#9288 2 years ago

I stated before I am not a fan of slasher films and was called a man child for liking and wanting a Scooby Doo pin and really disappointed it was not done and received a lot of heat.

I never bashed Halloween fans. I replied to the gentleman who called me a man child by saying people could think you were a psycho for loving slasher films. I actually think the pin looks great. My wife was really disappointed Scooby didnā€™t happen, but she really loves the Halloween pin.

She loved it so much she wanted me to order one. She wasnā€™t sure which model. I showed her pics of CE and BSE and had her watch the reveal trailer again and I also watched it. She and I felt the CE was the way to go. The topper, side armor, speaker grills, and powder coating color we felt went better with the cabinet art.

So put the deposit down at Nitro Pinball. Does Nitro verify with spooky that I have the Fang Club membership? And when do you think i will receive it? Nitro said maybe in 6 months best case scenario.

My wife and I are still nervous about it because no game play videos yet. But we agreed if my wife wants it now we better get it at retail. I donā€™t think it will be at retail on the secondary market.

I am getting more excited for it. Getting Guardians of the Galaxy pro from Cointaker hopefully this month or next to tied me over. I am still hoping Spooky does Scooby one day, but looking forward to seeing how Halloween flips and I think it will look amazing with my Elvira House of Horrors and Monster Bash Remake SE.

So getting my first Spooky pin.

#9289 2 years ago

Just noticed kciaccio guessed Halloween first page and chad guessed Ultraman shortly after. Insider alert?

#9290 2 years ago

I just wrote Joe at PinballStar a few minutes ago asking if I can switch from Bloodsucker Halloween to CE, and if I can remit the additional funds via PayPal.

Last minute decision. Weā€™ll see if itā€™s approved. Iā€™m fairly confident it wonā€™t be a problem.

#9291 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Nitro said maybe in 6 months best case scenario.

Expect it to be a long time. Maybe a year.

#9292 2 years ago

C'mon Spooky, just a short cell phone vid of either one please!!!

let-me-get-2035904cd0 (resized).jpglet-me-get-2035904cd0 (resized).jpg
#9293 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Expect it to be a long time. Maybe a year.

Oh no, someone's already asking where his game is.

#9294 2 years ago

Yep...for you newbies. It's best to just chill and find a hobby and not think about it or worry about it. Occasionally check the threads for who's getting their games and #'s, and just let it go. Don't fret. Just be patient. Don't freak if the date you have in your head isn't met. Especially if things get bad again. You'll get your game...eventually. Those at the back of the line, the hype will be long gone by the time you get yours as everyone will have moved on to the next new and shiny.

#9295 2 years ago

Has anyone heard of pinballstar? I got the paypal receipt immediately, but nothing else so far

#9296 2 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

Has anyone heard of pinballstar? I got the paypal receipt immediately, but nothing else so far

You will be fine. Joe is sorting out the orders and we will all get our numbers soon enough. Your PayPal confirmation is your confirmation. Give the man some time.

#9297 2 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

Nothing yet on my end also.

#9298 2 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

He posts here regularly. He's on it.

#9299 2 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

Pinball star sent out an email to me confirming my order and to not ask what machine number...ie dont email them with nonsense.....

#9300 2 years ago

Just idle curiosity question:

When the numbers are all finalized, will spooky publish the exact numerical breakdown of the 3 trim levels adding up to 1250 for Halloween?

Iā€™d be interested to see how many got the CE vs. Bloodsucker.

I opted for CE after originally planning to just get the Bloodsucker.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 186 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/186?hl=bgwilly31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.