7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,399 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 268.
#9201 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

I think it was suggested in another one of the next pin threads but a National Lampoon's Vacation pin could be fun taking advantage of the family roadtrip and could have cross-gen appeal. CGC did a generic "American Vacation" pin but it would be cool to see an officially licensed Vacation pin taking advantage of all the moments from the films, maybe get Chevy to do callouts.. Holiday roooooad!
[quoted image]

Wonder if the Actor likeness would bar entry to this.. I always thought this would be a great game to. Perfect mix of modes and loop-able bits. Though wonder what the long term longevity of this is for kids like mine who can't stand old movies. Unless its Ghostbusters or Back To Future.

#9202 2 years ago

The 90’s shit was the best hands down...I don’t were missing much with the new stuff haha. AKIRA Vampire Hunter D Ninja Scroll Paprika...nothing these days can touch that stuff.

Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm guessing he's young. There is SOOOOOO much anime now on streaming services, I could see someone being into anime, but only knowing series from the last 20 or 30 years & not exploring pre-90's anime.
On the flip side, I consider myself "anime loving" but barely know any series of the past 20 years lol. At this point it's overwhelming to "catch up". It's like walking into a comic book store and wondering "where do I start"....so, I just watch Ranma 1/2 again.

#9203 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The 90’s shit was the best hands down...I don’t were missing much with the new stuff haha. AKIRA Vampire Hunter D Ninja Scroll Paprika...nothing these days can touch that stuff.

There was many awesome ones in the 90's but newer stuff is good also. The genre is very big now with many sub genres. It's crazy when the stuff you liked growing up is now considered a classic or old school

#9204 2 years ago

I only dabble a little with modern anime, but it's like anything else. There's good stuff, ok stuff, and rubbish. There's A LOT more of it than there used to be. There are so many random niche interests with an anime show if you go looking for it.

But saying it peaked in the 90s is just being snobby about what else is around now, like old fogies that only want to listen to Skynyrd and Warren Zevon because everything else is presumed crap because they don't try anything new.

#9205 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

This is not the usual path of pinball production. TNA is a rare situation.

I get that. It can be done again and should.

#9206 2 years ago
Quoted from pinbutterball:

I get that. It can be done again and should.

Then go make a homebrew and get people excited enough to buy it.

#9207 2 years ago

Who wants to see spooky make it so you can not sell your spot! If something happens and you change your mind, fine.. you can get a deposit refund and your games go back to the website to purchase. That should take care of the flippers

#9208 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I only dabble a little with modern anime, but it's like anything else. There's good stuff, ok stuff, and rubbish. There's A LOT more of it than there used to be. There are so many random niche interests with an anime show if you go looking for it.
But saying it peaked in the 90s is just being snobby about what else is around now, like old fogies that only want to listen to Skynyrd and Warren Zevon because everything else is presumed crap because they don't try anything new.

Haha, you just called Mvdp whatshisbucket a boomer.

Classic!

#9209 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Oh man, I hadn’t really thought of it in the past put Ninja Scroll would be amazing.

#9210 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

There's some cool stuff today with some amazing animation (I've seen clips of various shows)...but there's just so much of it, and I don't have time to commit to it. I think the only new-ish anime I've watched all the way through is Hi-Score Girl, cuz I liked the retro video game theme.

But yeah, I'm partial to the older stuff like Ranma 1/2, Tenchi Muyo, El Hazard, Cutey Honey, Goldenboy, Slayers...and all the Ghibli movies or weird movies like Project A-Ko. I think the "newest" I liked were Cowboy Bebop, Dead Leaves, Azumanga Daioh, Ping Pong Club, Cromartie High School...and those are "old" by now hah. Cromartie was 2003! ANCIENT!

#9211 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

Who wants to see spooky make it so you can not sell your spot! If something happens and you change your mind, fine.. you can get a deposit refund and your games go back to the website to purchase. That should take care of the flippers

GL with that. Spooky wants to sell games and FOMO is a big thing for them.

It would wipe out a lot sales. How many other people are sitting back waiting to unload spots?

Wait until they actually come out with the numbers. Lol

#9212 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Haha, you just called Mvdp whatshisbucket a boomer.
Classic!

If I was going to call someone a boomer then I'd say it.

I'm just saying...lots of new stuff is good too if you give it a try. Like rarehero mentioned though, modern anime can be intimidating because of just how much of it there is. The comparison to trying to get into comics is very accurate.

#9213 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Then go make a homebrew and get people excited enough to buy it.

Ha! And have people put their greasy fingers on her? No thanks, keep your money away from my baby. ...

Hold up, how much?

#9214 2 years ago

There is absolutely good newer stuff, it’s just harder to find it while sorting through all the junk. I also just prefer the hand drawn cell animation as opposed to the newer animation tech. I think it’s safe to say that the late 80’s/ 90’s classics just look so much better. The current style of the day just feels a bit soulless to me. Just my opinion

Quoted from TreyBo69:

If I was going to call someone a boomer then I'd say it.
I'm just saying...lots of new stuff is good too if you give it a try. Like rarehero mentioned though, modern anime can be intimidating because of just how much of it there is. The comparison to trying to get into comics is very accurate.

#9215 2 years ago
Quoted from pinbutterball:

Ha! And have people put their greasy fingers on her? No thanks, keep your money away from my baby. ...
Hold up, how much?

That's how I experienced TNA for the first time. It was Southern Fried Gaming Expo 2017. My friend had a vendor booth and we were right next to Spooky. We got to chit chat with Scott and the Spooky crew and he showed us the preliminary art planned for the game. It played so good and being a fan of classic Bally games, I was hooked. And that soundtrack was bumping the whole show. Missed out on one, but might be down for a 2.0.

#9216 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Holiday roooooad!

Thanks a lot, the mere mention of those two words in sequence invariably sets off an hours-long earworm in my comedy-loving brain!

Woof woof! Woof!

#9217 2 years ago

Well…. if you didn’t get a chance to buy a raffle ticket the second time around. Too late Now. Sold out again super fast!

A8498101-4646-4DD4-B823-1D2335AA4C2B (resized).jpegA8498101-4646-4DD4-B823-1D2335AA4C2B (resized).jpeg

#9218 2 years ago

I vote for Pitfall the Pinball... It's got a catchy name. And you could do the NGG slam ramp with a jump over alligators... And maybe a Black Hole style underground playfield... I'm seeing 80's style box art cabinet and the display could show the original video game and Harry moves along based on how you're playing the pin.

E7C90D05-E41B-4D8F-9E0C-FAA79A794843 (resized).jpegE7C90D05-E41B-4D8F-9E0C-FAA79A794843 (resized).jpeg
#9219 2 years ago

Im surprised to hear so many people hadnt heard of Ultraman. I was born in 1982 so i was watching reruns up here in Canada but Ultraman, Astroboy, The Transfomers movie and random Kung Fu movies were my earliest introduction to Asian cinema.
Astroboy was probably my first childhood hero tbh.

#9220 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I thought TNA looked cool, but I wasn’t gonna take that gamble. Then I played it on location & fell in love. Bought a used one from a friend.
Even tho I love the game and it’s practically my “desert island pin”, my journey to the game didn’t help Spooky. Well, maybe long run it did, cuz I bought R&M and Ultraman NIB.

I had never seen a TNA in person though I’d seen plenty of pictures here on Pinside. I kept seeing people talk about how well it played. I took that gamble… When a TNA came up for sale locally I purchased it without ever playing it. (I was out of town and had a buddy go pick it up.) it has become my favorite game. Everyone that has played it at my house has returned to it over and over again. Based on how much I love TNA I have now taken the plunge twice again. I did what I swore I’d never do: buy a NIB pinball machine… I purchased R&M NIB and now I’m in for a Halloween CE. Call me foolish but based on the customer service and awesome communication I’ve had with Spooky I will continue to blindly buy their offerings as long as they’re themes I’m interested in.

#9221 2 years ago

While you wait for your Halloween.

If you aren't interested in heavy music this probably isn't for you. If you are though, The Silver Scream is an excellent album for horror fans. This particular song is about the first Halloween movie.

#9222 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I really do want to listen to something new that’s great… just firmly not convinced anything new of substance musically has come out in the last couple decades. Please let me know what it might be… I have tried and found it all to be shite.

#9223 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If you aren't interested in heavy music this probably isn't for you. If you are though, The Silver Scream is an excellent album for horror fans.

Breaking Benjamin meets Killswitch Engage.

#9224 2 years ago

If that is heavy then wtf is this? Here’s another song about stabbing...

Quoted from Zablon:

If you aren't interested in heavy music this probably isn't for you. If you are though, The Silver Scream is an excellent album for horror fans. This particular song is about the first Halloween movie.

#9225 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:If that is heavy then wtf is this? Here’s another song about stabbing...

This is one of my sons favorite bands right now. Along with Death and Deicide.

#9226 2 years ago

Still no gameplay; I’d be very curious why they have not shown any gameplay yet very odd

#9227 2 years ago

That kids got good taste. Death to false metal!

Quoted from finnflash:

This is one of my sons favorite bands right now. Along with Death and Deicide.

#9228 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Still no gameplay; I’d be very curious why they have not shown any gameplay yet very odd

D-rock, let it go…they’ll show it when they show it.

#9229 2 years ago

Sooo Modders.

How can we modify the shooter, so its a smooth "Sharp butcher knife entering a body" motion, as opposed to the standard pinball "Springy" feel and sounds.

Morbid yea, but its Halloween.

#9230 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

If that is heavy then wtf is this? Here’s another song about stabbing...

Great too, but heavy is...well subjective. I would imagine anyone stuck on 80's hair metal or top 40 pop isn't going to like either one. One of their songs does venture into death metal territory briefly. They are all over the map music wise. As it should be.

Also, if you hate on different genres of metal, you aren't a music fan. But that's a different topic.

This is my current favorite newer album.....which is actually a remake of a really old album...those bastards.

#9231 2 years ago

Hey Spooky, I love your games. I would love to see "The Warriors" get made at some point.
(Lots of ass-kicking content to use).

Can you dig it?

Can you dig it?

CAN YOU DIG IT!!

1D3A994E-0FB7-46BC-AA1C-C848CB874989 (resized).jpeg1D3A994E-0FB7-46BC-AA1C-C848CB874989 (resized).jpeg
#9232 2 years ago

Not at all. Just a small company with limited resources, but im sure they still want to do a professional job streaming gameplay. And then theres the licensor. And then there's the fact it has all but sold out anyway.

#9233 2 years ago
Quoted from McDoom:Hey Spooky, I love your games. I would love to see "The Warriors" get made at some point.
Can you dig it?
Can you dig it?
CAN YOU DIG IT!!
[quoted image]

I love that movie

#9234 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Great too, but heavy is...well subjective. I would imagine anyone stuck on 80's hair metal or top 40 pop isn't going to like either one. One of their songs does venture into death metal territory briefly. They are all over the map music wise. As it should be.
Also, if you hate on different genres of metal, you aren't a music fan. But that's a different topic.
This is my current favorite newer album.....which is actually a remake of a really old album...those bastards.

Love me some Bungle. A lot of the bands I listen to now are very much influenced by them. Sleepytime Gorilla Museum, Dog Fashion Disco, Stolen Babies. Great stuff!!

#9235 2 years ago

I love the ideas from this thread! I'd love to see the first ever horror film nominated for an oscar made into a pin... The Exorcist!

#9236 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I really do want to listen to something new that’s great… just firmly not convinced anything new of substance musically has come out in the last couple decades. Please let me know what it might be… I have tried and found it all to be shite.

Colemine Records.

Too many great bands to list them all.

#9237 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Idk what you like but Thundercat’s It Is What It Is was my favorite new album of 2020.

Quoted from McDoom:

Hey Spooky, I love your games. I would love to see "The Warriors" get made at some point.
Can you dig it?
Can you dig it?
CAN YOU DIG IT!!
[quoted image]

Recently I was thinking this could be fun and translate well. I saw it was on HBO Max and rewatched it today.

The game would be to travel back to Coney Island represented by subway maps. The opening of the movie has great cuts of colorful subway maps and shots of trains going through platforms to use. The player would fight various gangs and police, taking different paths to get to the next station (think Stern JP). There are so many weird and interesting looking gangs that could be different modes. It could be randomize where gangs spawn on the map to keep it fresh. All the while the mysterious woman on the radio comments, guides, and occasionally taunts the player.

Toy wise I picture something like the Elvis upper playfield but you’re shooting the balls into a subway train door that opens and closes. Also there’d be a turnstile spinner on the ramp to this upper playfield train platform. As a side objective, a spray paint can bash toy would leave Warriors graffiti around the city (could include player initials for playing well in certain areas that other players see in their game). A radio tower would have a flashing beacon whenever the mysterious woman is speaking and sit over a mode start scoop. The CE can have a radio toy for cosmetics with a moving VU needle.

I thought it’d be neat to have an optional prologue mode to cover the beginning of the movie. Just a shortish and more cinematic mode where the Warriors go to the meeting in the park (shoot the train), play some movie clips where Cyrus is shot and police raid the park. An 8 ball multiball starts where you try to get as many balls/Warriors back onto the subway to get away from the scene.
(In the movie the Warriors send 9 people to the park, 1 is jumped in the chaos, and 8 start the trek home.) There could be various end game bonuses and multiballs for getting as many of the 8 Warriors home as possible, and bonuses for doing the prologue.

Otherwise the game starts after the scramble. After you get back to Coney Island you play and finish the “Come Out To Play” Wizard mode. Then the player is free to travel around the city and go to the parts of the map they didn’t before.

#9238 2 years ago

Are we going to see the game play footage anytime soon? I'm a genuinely interested buyer, but I need to see how it shoots first

#9239 2 years ago
Quoted from spandol:

Dang, the hedges are still there? That’s pretty cool. Are the houses there as well? I should make a trip one day as it’s only about an hour away to check it out.

Hedges were still there as of July 10, 2019 when I was there! Lots of original filming locations to visit, definitely a very cool and memorable experience. Calfdemon posted a good article in post #9099 about many of the locations you can check out.

#9240 2 years ago

using their Co-op mode:

Cowboys vs Aliens could work but the movie did not do so well.

or Alien vs Predater

or Godzilla vs ???

#9241 2 years ago

Do we think Spooky will release TNA 2.0 before announcing any other games?

#9242 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Do we think Spooky will release TNA 2.0 before announcing any other games?

Do we think they are going to release more info on HWN/UMN before announcing TNA2.0?

#9243 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Do we think they are going to release more info on HWN/UMN before announcing TNA2.0?

Yes

As a reminder we went through the same thing on Rick and Morty. It was Christmas Week before they showed gameplay footage other than a 3 minute standing by the machine walkthrough released the morning sales went live.

#9244 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Im surprised to hear so many people hadnt heard of Ultraman. I was born in 1982 so i was watching reruns up here in Canada but Ultraman, Astroboy, The Transfomers movie and random Kung Fu movies were my earliest introduction to Asian cinema.
Astroboy was probably my first childhood hero tbh.

I had not heard of Ultraman until reading Ready Player One years ago. I am surprised more people on here have not read that book. The Beta capsule plays a big role in it.

#9245 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Sooo Modders.
How can we modify the shooter, so its a smooth "Sharp butcher knife entering a body" motion, as opposed to the standard pinball "Springy" feel and sounds.
Morbid yea, but its Halloween.

How do know how that really feels? Hmmmmm ……..

#9246 2 years ago

If The Exorcist or The Warriors are ever made my wife is going to have to get used to having another pinball machine in the house. Those are both up there for me as dream themes.

#9247 2 years ago

Spooky,
Thank you for making Ultraman.
Please stick to a pattern of niche rather than going all in on horror. I was absolutely out on Halloween no matter how good it looked and I would feel the same about most, if not all, horror flicks. I was elated to see an Ultraman reveal and ordered one myself (my first Spooky game)
I mean no disrespect to the horror fans but I personally HATE the genre.
Give me Invincible (PLEASE!!!), Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Farscape, Anime, Kung Fu flicks, etc and I will continue to be excited by each upcoming Spooky release.
Thank you Spooky!!

#9248 2 years ago
Quoted from Selig:

I had not heard of Ultraman until reading Ready Player One years ago. I am surprised more people on here have not read that book. The Beta capsule plays a big role in it.

I still have my first edition. Too bad the movie was garbage.

#9249 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Spooky,
Please stick to a pattern of niche rather than going all in on horror. I was absolutely out on Halloween no matter how good it looked and I would feel the same about most, if not all, horror flicks. I was elated to see an Ultraman reveal and ordered one myself (my first Spooky game)
Give me Invincible (PLEASE!!!), Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Farscape, Anime, Kung Fu flicks, etc and I will continue to be excited by each upcoming Spooky release.
Thank you Spooky!!

No horror?!?!?

biff.gifbiff.gif
#9250 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Spooky,
Thank you Spooky!!

So you are saying you want Faces of Death Pin? Great idea!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios
Toppers
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
17,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
6,350 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 49.99
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
There are 13,399 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 268.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/185?hl=bgwilly31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.