7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 269.
#9001 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

This would make an awesome pin! Great for rules, rockin sound and fun assets for the LCD display. Could literally just work through the levels, collect weapons. Spread could collect multiple shots near the shot you hit, etc.

Not to mention the fighting of a giant scrotum heart!

0E39CF58-F9D6-4863-9AD9-29E6EAA64215 (resized).jpeg0E39CF58-F9D6-4863-9AD9-29E6EAA64215 (resized).jpeg
#9002 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

Does Nintendo even give out licenses these days? Seem pretty protective. I know Gottlieb had Super Mario but that was so long ago. Are there any others?

Its a Konami license, not Nintendo. For the right price you can license it.

#9003 2 years ago

I just fucking won the raffle!!

#9004 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Congratulations! It is coming to Illinois!

#9005 2 years ago

Woah! Congrats!!

#9006 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

It is coming to lowly Danville, Illinois. I have Halloween on order so will get his counterpart.

#9007 2 years ago

It is coming to lowly Danville, Illinois. I have Halloween on order so will get his counterpart.

You aren't all that far off the beaten path, I've traveled a fair amount of the state and there are plenty of 'more' lowly places.

And there will be another Spooky CE pinball machine raffle coming Tuesday (13th), tickets will go on sale at noon est. But they don't have a third title being released...

#9008 2 years ago

Amazing, congratulations!!!

#9009 2 years ago

Congratulations !

LTG : )

#9010 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Quoted from BWT67:

Woah! Congrats!!

Quoted from P1nhead:

Amazing, congratulations!!!

Quoted from LTG:

Congratulations !
LTG : )

Thanks all!

#9011 2 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

Biggest CRT I've ever handled was a 40" Mitsubishi, it took 4 of us to move it into my buddy's basement, luckily a walk in. I'm not sure what it weighed but I was scared shitless the whole time it was in my hands.

My wife and I moved that monster back in the day into our entertainment center. It HAD to weigh 500lbs. The heaviest TV I've ever moved, by far. I didn't think we were going to make it.

#9012 2 years ago

Great REALLY looking forward to this

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Hey guys my apologies on running late with some gameplay. We are working on it!

#9013 2 years ago

I know Spooky is doing there best to organize the orders, but it would be great if they could let us know what the first machine order number was, so we could have an idea based on our order numbers.

#9014 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

I know Spooky is doing there best to organize the orders, but it would be great if they could let us know what the first machine order number was, so we could have an idea based on our order numbers.

The Order #'s are almost meaningless when it comes to the order built. We learned this during Rick and Morty sales.

Between the early crowd (Operators, etc.), distro orders and consolidating the overseas shipments...
the order #'s shouldn't follow production in any meaningful way.

When you get your Machine #, you will have a much better idea of when your game will be built.

#9015 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

Next Spooky Pin: Contra?
[quoted image]

Contra wouldn't be my top pick, but it does seem odd that there hasn't been a recent video game crossover. I'd love to work on Zelda, Metroid, Mega Man, Punch-Out!!!, or Castlevania. Pokemon also seems like it would be great, but I fear it might be a bit to young for your average pinball buying demographic. I assume it's licensing.

#9016 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

About 11300.

But not knowing which ones were HWN or UM, and the 50/50 order, it's a crap shoot. Also, are they making UM on one line and HWN on another or all on one line. Too many variables until they let us know.

#9017 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

Next Spooky Pin: Contra?
[quoted image]

Instead of a button on the lockdown bar there is a D-Pad. You have to enter the Konami code during multiball to activate super jackpots.

#9018 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Contra wouldn't be my top pick, but it does seem odd that there hasn't been a recent video game crossover. I'd love to work on Zelda, Metroid, Mega Man, Punch-Out!!!, or Castlevania. Pokemon also seems like it would be great, but I fear it might be a bit to young for your average pinball buying demographic. I assume it's licensing.

Contra, Metroid and Castlevania are my top 3.

I just love the thought of the original audio assets used for Contra. After you acquire the weapon each flipper press activates the sound. Spread gun actually isnt a multiball mode, you just shoot with three until you accidentally pick up something else, haha.

#9019 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Instead of a button on the lockdown bar there is a D-Pad. You have to enter the Konami code during multiball to activate super jackpots.

That would be so amazing! Could even integrate some sweet video modes with that layout as well.

#9020 2 years ago

NES games? How about DUCK TALES!

Charlie thinks I'm nuts. Well everyone thought Ultraman was nuts - TOUCHE!

#9021 2 years ago

The Pinball Show Episode 67: Zach Interviews The Spooky Pinball Team + GIVEAWAY!

Host: Zach Meny
Special Guests: Charlie Emery, Corwin "Bug" Emery, & Spooky Luke aka Mr. Squirrel or Softy

- I DON'T DO INTERVIEWS!...?
- Win A Spooky Mystery Swag Box (details in episode)
- The Interworkings Of Spooky Pinball
- Halloween Pinball & Ultraman Pinball Sell Out In Hours!
- The Launch
- When We Will See These Titles Played
- Design-By-Committee
- Spooky Pinball Moments
- Ultra Who?
- TOPPERS!
- Evil Dead vs. Army Of Darkness
- Spooky's Plans For The Future...Internet Connectivity?
- Mando LE Impressions (Additional Ramp, Upper Playfield, Grogu Magnet)
- Pinball Market Trends
- TPN Last Week
- TPN This Week

*** A special thank you to the Spooky Team for joining the show, and to Dennis Kriesel, David Dennis, Joel Engelberth, Matt Morrison, Joshuah Jacobs, Erik Wurtenberger, & Brian Cosner for assistance with some of the interview questions.***

email: [email protected]
facebook: facebook.com/thepinballnetwork
twitch: twitch.tv/pinballnetwork
youtube: youtube.com/thepinballnetwork
instagram: @thepinballnetwork
twitter: @therealTPN
review: thisweekinpinball.com/the-pinball-show/

https://www.podbean.com/media/share/pb-nrbc9-10889a8

the pinball show logo (resized).JPGthe pinball show logo (resized).JPG
#9022 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I would take Darkwing Duck over Duck tales.

#9023 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Meh, it was fun when I was 6. Played the remastered version which was neat and well done. But Contra, Metroid, etc still hold up, are more adult themed and have better music & sound.

#9024 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

Contra, Metroid and Castlevania are my top 3.
I just love the thought of the original audio assets used for Contra. After you acquire the weapon each flipper press activates the sound. Spread gun actually isnt a multiball mode, you just shoot with three until you accidentally pick up something else, haha.

Still gives me chills:

#9025 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Meh, it was fun when I was 6. Played the remastered version which was neat and well done. But Contra, Metroid, etc still hold up, are more adult themed and have better music & sound.

Suggest checking out Contra: Revenge of the Red Falcon

Crazy modified assets, and quite challenging.

#9026 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Still gives me chills:

One of the best soundtracks for a video game ever!

#9027 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

Suggest checking out Contra: Revenge of the Red Falcon
Crazy modified assets, and quite challenging.

Cool! Hadn't heard of that, will check it out

#9028 2 years ago

Castlevania would offer more depth than Contra. It's also been a more consistent game series and had an excellent adaptation on Netflix.

Also better music.

#9029 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Castlevania would offer more depth than Contra. It's also been a more consistent game series and had an excellent adaptation on Netflix.
Also better music.

Very true, though your music comment is purely subjective. I love both dearly, but Contra's soundtrack would make for an immersive frenetic machine.

Maybe the predominant machine is Castlevania with a Contra reskin then?

#9030 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Also better music.

"Looks like we finally nabbed the guy preventing us from entering peoples collections!"

Scooby_Spooky_Ben (resized).pngScooby_Spooky_Ben (resized).png
#9031 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

"Looks like we finally nabbed the guy preventing us from entering peoples collections!"
[quoted image]

lmao

#9032 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Duck Tales is basically Scooby Doo for those in Generation X. Solve a mystery (or rewrite history).

Quoted from benheck:

Also better music.

That's one of the themes I actually started to storyboard. What I like about Castlevania and Metroid are that they are based on popular generic themes, so even if you aren't a fan of the franchise, you can still enjoy them. My only real requirement with Castlevania is having the ability to stack multiball with jackpots of 10 million, 20 million, and 30 million as a throwback to Bram Stoker's Dracula.

I enjoy the Contra games more, but for the theme itself feels like classic 80s action movie. I'd just assume have Rambo or Predator.

#9033 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Also better music.

Yes,

But the T.V. show didn't have any of the original Konami music!

#9034 2 years ago

Pinball machines based upon video games are a terrible idea. It's been tried in the past and they've always sucked donkey ass.

You people should know better!

#9035 2 years ago

Ninja Gaiden is another that would be cool

#9036 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pinball machines based upon video games are a terrible idea. It's been tried in the past and they've always sucked donkey ass.

But when was the last pinball machine based upon a video game released?

#9037 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I have a hard time believing ANY theme wouldn't sell 500 in this market. We could...well point to RAZA as maybe a counter to that, or even PB Alien, but those both had their own baggage to deal with when announced.

Hell half the people who bought Ultraman didn't even know what it was. They bought it on looks alone. Others bought it because 'rarity'. No one cares about gameplay anymore, just how much they can get out of it when they sell it...lol.

#9038 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Based isn't the reason. Implementation is the reason. Same as movies. There are good ways to do it, and there are bad. Somehow, they always chose the bad way.

#9039 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Ninja Gaiden is another that would be cool

Totally spaced on this one. 100% in for a NGCE.

#9040 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Has there been one since Street Fighter II?

EDIT: Do we count Roller Coaster Tycoon. That seems like it would have been a better game if they just dropped the theme.

#9041 2 years ago

Yes,
But the T.V. show didn't have any of the original Konami music!

Yep. The Konami music is key. If the original NES sound assets are not integrated I'm out, lol.

#9042 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I agree, though I see your Duck Tales and raise you a Darkwing Duck! That would be an excellent great pinball theme for 90s kids (& their kids...)

#9043 2 years ago

Quoted from lpeters82:

Has there been one since Street Fighter II?

Had to look it up. Big Buck Hunter and Roller Coaster Tycoon technically count.

vg (resized).pngvg (resized).png
#9044 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

Very true, though your music comment is purely subjective. I love both dearly, but Contra's soundtrack would make for an immersive frenetic machine.
Maybe the predominant machine is Castlevania with a Contra reskin then?

Contra would be higher energy. Could have sweet toys, too! Probably a billion themes that would sell better though. (Same probably applies to most of these NES games, save for Zelda, Mario, etc)

#9045 2 years ago

Ah...I totally forgot about Big Buck Hunter Pro too. I actually think that was a decent license.

#9046 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Contra would be higher energy. Could have sweet toys, too! Probably a billion themes that would sell better though. (Same probably applies to most of these NES games, save for Zelda, Mario, etc)

The Contra CE comes with a convex dip above the plunger to do blow off of though. D Pad on the lock down bar for video mode. Damn this game is sounding better and better!

#9047 2 years ago

Rollercoaster Tycoon and Big Buck Hunter? Those licenses and tacky art packages have aged well!

Surely no collection is complete without a game with a "based on the best-selling PC game!" starburst on the translite!

#9048 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

The Contra CE comes with a convex dip above the plunger to do blow off of though. D Pad on the lock down bar for video mode. Damn this game is sounding better and better!

And opens with this cover by vertexguy:

Would be just fuckin awesome top to bottom!

#9049 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

YES!! I just went completely mute on my Zoom call and blasted that, haha.

You start the game with multiball as well. Plunge one, and two drop from cradles from the upper.

#9050 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Contra music is killer, probably my favorite and half the reason I still play the game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/181?hl=bitternerd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.