7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 269.
#8951 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

[quoted image]

VHS tapes?

#8952 2 years ago

Any Idea on when production/delivery will begin?

#8953 2 years ago

So my question is this:

Be a late order from Spooky and be last in line, or order from a distro and get it sooner. I purchased through a distro to save the sales tax, of course being a good citizen I will let my state know I owe them sales tax on it .

I am now thinking I will be one of the first people getting their game. Don't know if I need a fang membership or not but I have one just in case.

So going through a distro will get me my game sooner, and save me about 800 bucks in sales tax.

I will most likely have a courier pick if my game if Spooky allows that.

#8954 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

So my question is this:
Be a late order from Spooky and be last in line, or order from a distro and get it sooner. I purchased through a distro to save the sales tax, of course being a good citizen I will let my state know I owe them sales tax on it .
I am now thinking I will be one of the first people getting their game. Don't know if I need a fang membership or not but I have one just in case.
So going through a distro will get me my game sooner, and save me about 800 bucks in sales tax.

In the fang club email, they listed about a dozen states where they are required to collect sales tax and Wisconsin is one. I don't know if going through a distributor avoids that or not. Hopefully so.

#8955 2 years ago

Nothing better.

Who’s up for some STTNG?

F5456E2E-6FDF-4867-9E89-5604B15E49C7 (resized).jpegF5456E2E-6FDF-4867-9E89-5604B15E49C7 (resized).jpeg

Twilight Zone?
ED1E936E-FEDE-49EA-819E-BA8BBEA1BB9E (resized).jpegED1E936E-FEDE-49EA-819E-BA8BBEA1BB9E (resized).jpeg

#8956 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

So my question is this:

I use Spee-Dee for regional shipping and they've been great (2 days from Spooky to Fargo)! I kind of want to pick my HWN up in person though so I can finally see Spooky in person!

#8957 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Nothing better.
Who’s up for some STTNG?
[quoted image]
Twilight Zone?
[quoted image]

My son started collecting VHS when he moved out a few years back. I'm mostly digital when it comes to that stuff, but I get the nostalgia aspect.

#8958 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Nothing better.
Who’s up for some STTNG?
[quoted image]
Twilight Zone?
[quoted image]

Great collection. or you can just sign up for Netflix.

#8959 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Nothing better.

Laser Disc
DVD
D-Theater tapes
HD-DVD
Blu-ray
Streaming

#8960 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Fang club is cool, they just shouldn't make it an ordering pre-req

How many times must it be repeated...

Fang club is for EARLY ACCESS ONLY

You can order with no FC here in a week or so.

#8961 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Laser Disc
DVD
D-Theater tapes
HD-DVD
Blu-ray
Streaming

None of those have tracking lines.

#8962 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Laser Disc
DVD
D-Theater tapes
HD-DVD
Blu-ray
Streaming

Sock puppets

I mean, VHS is short for Very Hard to See, right?

#8963 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

How many times must it be repeated...
Fang club is for EARLY ACCESS ONLY
You can order with no FC here in a week or so.

lol

#8964 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

In the fang club email, they listed about a dozen states where they are required to collect sales tax and Wisconsin is one. I don't know if going through a distributor avoids that or not. Hopefully so.

I have a business in MN so that's an option as well

#8965 2 years ago

Why are we knocking VHS? Its an experience. Not a great one or a horrible one....just... An experience lol

0711211316_HDR (resized).jpg0711211316_HDR (resized).jpg
#8966 2 years ago

I spy Kinks ‘Percy’

Quoted from Rascal_H:

Nothing better.
Who’s up for some STTNG?
[quoted image]
Twilight Zone?
[quoted image]

Wow, not a single dud in there. Great collection!

Quoted from crassmage:

Why are we knocking VHS? Its an experience. Not a great one or a horrible one....just... An experience lol
[quoted image]

#8967 2 years ago
Quoted from crassmage:

[quoted image]

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I spy Kinks ‘Percy’

Wow, not a single dud in there. Great collection!

Found my people.

#8968 2 years ago

Ever go to record shows in the area? I may have sold that to you haha

Quoted from Rascal_H:

Found my people.

#8969 2 years ago

Lots of people collect obsolete things!

Some VHS tapes on eBay go for over $10K!

#8970 2 years ago
Quoted from crassmage:

[quoted image]

It was always a horrible way to experience film or video. Even when it was pretty much the only choice. I’m so glad it’s no longer the norm to watch a movie cropped in half to fit 4:3. I spit on VHS’s grave!

65B03A1C-6A3B-4A5B-8882-D9EB702D0457.jpeg65B03A1C-6A3B-4A5B-8882-D9EB702D0457.jpeg
#8971 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

It was always a horrible way to experience film or video. Even when it was pretty much the only choice. I’m so glad it’s no longer the norm to watch a movie cropped in half to fit 4:3. I spit on VHS’s grave!
[quoted image]

I was excited when plasma hit the market, as I had thought about buying a widescreen CRT at one point!

ER55WXoXYAEgS2Y (resized).jpgER55WXoXYAEgS2Y (resized).jpg
#8972 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:Ever go to record shows in the area? I may have sold that to you haha

This is just the 50th anniversary picture disc I picked up from Newbury on record store day. Always down for a record show if you know of any coming up!

#8973 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I was excited when plasma hit the market, as I had thought about buying a widescreen CRT at one point!
[quoted image]

I still have nightmares of moving my 34" widescreen Sony CRT down my stairs alone. God I swear they put lead inside of them...... Perhaps it got me ready for moving pinball machines.

#8974 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I still have nightmares of moving my 34" widescreen Sony CRT down my stairs alone. God I swear they put lead inside of them...... Perhaps it got me ready for moving pinball machines.

The thickness of the front of CRT glass scales with tube size. So yeah, a lot of rock as they pushed past 30"

#8975 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

The thickness of the front of CRT glass scales with tube size. So yeah, a lot of rock as they pushed past 30"

More importantly, those flat-screen Wegas had much thicker glass than your standard curved tube to prevent implosion. A 36" JVC D-Series is 50lbs lighter than a 36" Wega.

#8976 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

More importantly, those flat-screen Wegas had much thicker glass than your standard curved tube to prevent implosion. A 36" JVC D-Series is 50lbs lighter than a 36" Wega.

The depth was impressive from my memory. And watching widescreen on our regular TV, people always asking about the black lines and why the image was so small.

#8977 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Proudly ordered my Halloween CE through Nitro, can’t wait for what looks like an amazing game! This will be my first Spooky pin.

Me too, in for a Halloween CE

#8978 2 years ago

Anyone with experience with PinballStar in Dallas (Joe). Any educated guesses where they will fall in the order?

If it matters, I ordered a Bloodsucker Halloween. Thanks!

#8979 2 years ago
Quoted from prl867:

Anyone with experience with PinballStar in Dallas (Joe). Any educated guesses where they will fall in the order?

Joe is great! And it’s Dallas, PA not Dallas, TX just FYI. Although games are usually drop shipped from the manufacturer.

As for our places in line, hard to say but we’ll all have our answers probably by the end of this week or next week.

Spooky is going to make 50 games for their customers follows by 50 games for distributors and then repeat that cycle till all games are built.

Since you are a blood sucker edition you will have to wait for all the CE to be built first. I’d wager you’ll be waiting 12-14 months from today.

#8980 2 years ago
Quoted from crassmage:

[quoted image]

Depends, but if the VHS tape is pan and scan of a movie like Lawrence of Arabia, it is, indeed, a horrible experience.

#8981 2 years ago

If any pin company may make themselves a ‘lifestyle’ brand, it’s Spooky. Hell, he’s living it himself!

#8982 2 years ago

A Sony Trinitron! Yes! I sold those at an electronic's store Western Electronic's in the early 2000s.

#8983 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Joe is great! And it’s Dallas, PA not Dallas, TX just FYI. Although games are usually drop shipped from the manufacturer.
As for our places in line, hard to say but we’ll all have our answers probably by the end of this week or next week.
Spooky is going to make 50 games for their customers follows by 50 games for distributors and then repeat that cycle till all games are built.
Since you are a blood sucker edition you will have to wait for all the CE to be built first. I’d wager you’ll be waiting 12-14 months from today.

Thank you for informative post! Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

#8984 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

If you aren’t in the fang club then how in the world will you get this!

Personally, I think the swag is cool and am happy to display it and to support Spooky. I can see how it helps hype up the product from a marketing perspective. I just think that there should be a cutoff date for membership prior to reveal if the idea of 'exclusive early access' is supposed to be the main perk. That's all.

#8985 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Personally, I think the swag is cool and am happy to display it and to support Spooky. I can see how it helps hype up the product from a marketing perspective. I just think that there should be a cutoff date for membership prior to reveal if the idea of 'exclusive early access' is supposed to be the main perk. That's all.

While I benefited from this, I totally get your point. If its a selling point, "early access", there should be some cutoff date. Wont matter now, ill keep renewing

#8986 2 years ago

I enjoyed my Bela Lugosi Fang club merch.

#8987 2 years ago
Quoted from prl867:

All orders are evenly divided between all distributors and Spooky direct... There is no advantage time wise to go through one or the other... They are split in small groups between everyone every so many games they go back and forth... Best / fairest way to do it.

#8988 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

My brother bought one of those...Was pushing 250lbs IIRC. Yikes.
I'm sticking with a 25" for my console collection.

#8989 2 years ago

Hey guys my apologies on running late with some gameplay. We are working on it!

#8990 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Nice! Really looking forward to seeing it in action.

#8991 2 years ago

Nice

#8992 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Is the game that fast and hard? Looking forward seeing it in action.

#8993 2 years ago

Next Spooky Pin: Contra?

4592AC55-9703-4B11-87D0-A822E46F8461 (resized).jpeg4592AC55-9703-4B11-87D0-A822E46F8461 (resized).jpeg
#8994 2 years ago

Admittedly a little late on this thread (was watching a great Euro2020 game): I remember ROLLING the Sony Wega down two flights of stairs it was so heavy. Haven't resorted to that yet with pinballs thank goodness... did have one "sit" on me for a couple moments

Quoted from insight75:

#8995 2 years ago

Biggest CRT I've ever handled was a 40" Mitsubishi, it took 4 of us to move it into my buddy's basement, luckily a walk in. I'm not sure what it weighed but I was scared shitless the whole time it was in my hands.

The screen was amazing. VCDs were the style of the time and you could see every compression artifact. There's definitely something to the CRT look and especially when paired to games of the time, but good riddance imo.

#8996 2 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

Biggest CRT I've ever handled was a 40" Mitsubishi, it took 4 of us to move it into my buddy's basement, luckily a walk in. I'm not sure what it weighed but I was scared shitless the whole time it was in my hands.
The screen was amazing. VCDs were the style of the time and you could see every compression artifact. There's definitely something to the CRT look and especially when paired to games of the time, but good riddance imo.

I had that same TV with the matching base. For the time it was pretty kick-arse.

#8997 2 years ago

Any information on when Spooky is going to stream some game play?

#8998 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

[quoted image]

Does Nintendo even give out licenses these days? Seem pretty protective. I know Gottlieb had Super Mario but that was so long ago. Are there any others?

#8999 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

[quoted image]

This would make an awesome pin! Great for rules, rockin sound and fun assets for the LCD display. Could literally just work through the levels, collect weapons. Spread could collect multiple shots near the shot you hit, etc.

#9000 2 years ago

I know there is a lot of love for Freddy, so might as well grab the two seasons of his show...

MV5BOWFiZTcxNGYtZDM3ZC00ZWIxLTg1YTctMzM4ZThkZmVjY2ZhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_ (resized).jpgMV5BOWFiZTcxNGYtZDM3ZC00ZWIxLTg1YTctMzM4ZThkZmVjY2ZhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_ (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 180 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/180 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.