7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 269.
#8901 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Yes, prices are high and we have flippers making profit and taking spots away on limited releases. BUT, pinball is alive and well and thriving

It's a double edged sword. Makes it harder to get a new, limited game at a good price (and rarely as a fully informed purchase), but also easier to sell in a timely manner without taking a loss.

#8902 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:Anybody that ordered through pinballstar get their email confirmation yet? Just have the initial paypal transaction email so far.

Nothing yet. I emailed a couple days ago and asked how to send more money too.

#8903 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Nothing yet. I emailed a couple days ago and asked how to send more money too.

Pinballstar used paypal. Did you use paypal?

#8904 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Joe stated if you got the PayPal confirmation than you are good. We won't hear more until they have the game numbers figured out. He stated not to request that information but to wait for his email.

#8905 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Joe stated if you got the PayPal confirmation than you are good. We won't hear more until they have the game numbers figured out. He stated not to request that information but to wait for his email.

Yea im good and wont be bothering them. Wasnt sure if the poster I quoted did though, since he didnt mention paypal and seemed to be waiting to hear back from pinballstar.com

#8906 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

From what I experienced it would be relatively simple for a non-Fang Club member to order a game.

I'm a fang club member and couldn't order the game. I called spooky and their customer service didn't care at all. I should say I did end up getting one but through a distributor and nothing to do with the fang club. I've had issues both with this launch and Rick and Morty (can't checkout says I'm not a fang club member but I am). Have asked customer service to fix it but no response.

I guess I have to get on them before I almost miss release #3 on my fang club history

#8907 2 years ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

I'm a fang club member and couldn't order the game. I called spooky and their customer service didn't care at all. I should say I did end up getting one but through a distributor and nothing to do with the fang club. I've had issues both with this launch and Rick and Morty (can't checkout says I'm not a fang club member but I am). Have asked customer service to fix it but no response.
I guess I have to get on them before I almost miss release #3 on my fang club history

They are probably so slammed and overwhelmed and still have a sales hang over... once the dust settles I'm sure the cute Wisconsin squirrel girl will help you out.

#8908 2 years ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

If you already got one through a Distro doesn’t that mean Fang club membership worked? I also had to order through a Distro and honestly I’ll do it more often from now on. Joe saved me hours of online headaches. ( no offense Spooky, but that 1999 website needs a revamp!).

#8909 2 years ago

If you ordered through a distro and you do NOT have a fang club membership, I believe you lose your order.

I'm not making this up or guessing, I'm pretty sure Luke posted this somewhere.

#8910 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Yeah, I think I’m good with my $1500 deposit. I had sent him a message asking about sending him more along the way. Hopefully without a PayPal fee every time. It’s ok... there’s still lots of time.

#8911 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Yeah, I think I’m good with my $1500 deposit. I had sent him a message asking about sending him more along the way. Hopefully without a PayPal fee every time. It’s ok... there’s still lots of time.

I’m not gonna beat up on the paypal fees. Peanuts compared to what we're really spending.

#8912 2 years ago

I have a SPOOKY feeling that THEY will all come home.

geoffrey-blondin-slashers (resized).jpggeoffrey-blondin-slashers (resized).jpg
#8913 2 years ago

The fang club is taking more time than it’s worth. No way there’s money to be made as is.

It is a subscription model and has a higher multiplier for a business valuation.

Personally, I’d not require it for distributor orders as it makes 0 sense to even have distribution if they need to cross reference and verify membership.

Quite silly as it detracts from the positive customer experience.

Work on core values and make sure all decisions align with those core values.

#8915 2 years ago

Fang club gets you early access, it’s not a requirement to purchase.

#8916 2 years ago

And I thought this thread was running out of steam...

#8917 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

And I thought this thread was running out of steam...

No way.

#8918 2 years ago
Quoted from Lobo2k:

I (can't checkout says I'm not a fang club member but I am). Hav

You sign into your account (which only Fang members can do) and then order. Pretty simple... Until the website store crashed anyway.

#8920 2 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

If you ordered through a distro and you do NOT have a fang club membership, I believe you lose your order.
I'm not making this up or guessing, I'm pretty sure Luke posted this somewhere.

If you read the whole email from pinball star it states to purchase machine thru pay pal with them. And then go to Spooky to purchase fang club membership as Spooky will be cross referencing orders and memberships.

#8921 2 years ago

Let’s get this thread back on TRACK !

A68E40B8-CCA8-4825-BC65-B957FAB8799D (resized).jpegA68E40B8-CCA8-4825-BC65-B957FAB8799D (resized).jpeg
#8923 2 years ago
F4BED2C2-0AF9-4149-85B3-639F81E05C1F.gifF4BED2C2-0AF9-4149-85B3-639F81E05C1F.gif
#8924 2 years ago

Anyone else surprised there are spots still available at distributors?

#8925 2 years ago

No, same thing happened with RaM and there were only 750

Quoted from insight75:

#8926 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Guessing most people don’t know distros have spots.

#8927 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

It’s a strange phenomenon - same thing happened with the Fathom remake. Haggis sold out through direct sales, but Nitro has had 10 of them available for several months.

Part of me likes it though as I don’t have to see the market ads for people trying to flip for profit (like Mando LE and GnR CE).

#8928 2 years ago

Spooky may be using Fang Club as a way to gauge interest in their company.

Kind of like when video game pre-orders were a thing. It wasn't about ensuring a copy on release. It was a form of marketing, it let the publishers know the demand for a title which was handy not just for physical printing but also what "drier" regions to buy ads for. And if a game looks to be a flop they can pre-cancel DLC and add ons.

#8929 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

[quoted image]

i have some more glasses remaining... may be i can sell few here ?

#8931 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Spooky may be using Fang Club as a way to gauge interest in their company.
Kind of like when video game pre-orders were a thing. It wasn't about ensuring a copy on release. It was a form of marketing, it let the publishers know the demand for a title which was handy not just for physical printing but also what "drier" regions to buy ads for. And if a game looks to be a flop they can pre-cancel DLC and add ons.

Doesn't seem well suited for determining demand for a particular title given folks either (a) buy a membership blindly well in advance 'just in case' or because they like spooky anyway; or (b) last second so they can order.
Would make sense if they announced the theme well in advance and then waited to see member count and set production numbers based on that.
Otherwise, would perhaps be as effective and simpler to operate if it was an insider club where members get exclusive video/podcast access, earlier game info, etc., but not earlier purchasing privileges. (Not that info wouldn't get leaked anyway, but would be something interesting for members that doesn't over complicate their business processes including software requirements for their online store, etc.)

#8933 2 years ago

I really don't understand the point of the fang club. It would make more sense if there was a cutoff date for enrollment. The fact that *anyone* can still see the early access information and still purchase the game early negates any benefit to joining the club in advance. The 2-weeks-later public sale date means nothing... who exactly is the public? The people who just refuse to join the club on principal even though they want the game that's been revealed? There's nothing wrong with generating extra revenue for Spooky, but I can't see the benefit much beyond that.

#8934 2 years ago

Proudly ordered my Halloween CE through Nitro, can’t wait for what looks like an amazing game! This will be my first Spooky pin.

#8935 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Proudly ordered my Halloween CE through Nitro, can’t wait for what looks like an amazing game! This will be my first Spooky pin.

Nitro is the shizzle.

Now back to Halloween!

#8936 2 years ago

I have to admit I got my fang Club for two reasons. First I got it to support a company I think has great values and I wanted to help support them in what small way I could.
Second I just wanted to make sure I could get the new spooky pin if it was something I was interested in. Luckily for me I am in for Ultraman.

#8939 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I really don't understand the point of the fang club. It would make more sense if there was a cutoff date for enrollment. The fact that *anyone* can still see the early access information and still purchase the game early negates any benefit to joining the club in advance. The 2-weeks-later public sale date means nothing... who exactly is the public? The people who just refuse to join the club on principal even though they want the game that's been revealed? There's nothing wrong with generating extra revenue for Spooky, but I can't see the benefit much beyond that.

Clever marketing is what catapulted Stern to where they are now. Sure to us “pinball usual suspects”, all the social media stuff, merch, streaming, and LE FOMO seems silly…but it truly works, helps sales & grows companies. Spooky is smartly learning from that. With things like Fang Club, they’re doing a fun thing to grow a community. They’ve gone from a 500 game a year(or so) company to a 1750 game a year (or so) company. Guaranteed sales. That’s amazing…and fun marketing line Fang Club contributed to that.

#8940 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I agree. I don't really understand the fang club. I added a CE and fang club and checked out. There will never be a public sale except for the secondary market. I like Spooky and we'll see if I stay in the fang club or just join if I want to pre-order their next pin.

#8942 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Clever marketing is what catapulted Stern to where they are now. Sure to us “pinball usual suspects”, all the social media stuff, merch, streaming, and LE FOMO seems silly…but it truly works, helps sales & grows companies. Spooky is smartly learning from that. With things like Fang Club, they’re doing a fun thing to grow a community. They’ve gone from a 500 game a year(or so) company to a 1750 game a year (or so) company. Guaranteed sales. That’s amazing…and fun marketing line Fang Club contributed to that.

Fang club is cool, they just shouldn't make it an ordering pre-req. Just give us some other cool benefits instead. Newsletter, insider videos on production, engineering, etc. I love Spooky and would love to have that insiders view especially since the podcast is gone now.

#8943 2 years ago

The Fang Club works, it’s good for Spooky. If ya don’t want early access and you don’t want to support them in that way, well... ya don’t have to buy it.

#8944 2 years ago

If you aren’t in the fang club then how in the world will you get this!

1BF5E3B3-D86E-4370-8741-783C57B3AFB0 (resized).jpeg1BF5E3B3-D86E-4370-8741-783C57B3AFB0 (resized).jpeg
#8945 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

[quoted image]

Indeed. I joined the fang club before Rick and Morty was even announced because I loved the look of that first year poster. It's proudly displayed in my main floor hallway. And this year's goodies are cool too. Love the Lugosi plastics.

#8946 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

The Fang Club works, it’s good for Spooky. If ya don’t want early access and you don’t want to support them in that way, well... ya don’t have to buy it.

Ya I'm in the Fang club and ordered a CE. 4th NIB Spooky for me, so I enjoy supporting them, but the early ordering part is a headache at best for them and not a real benefit for anyone since the games are selling out immediately anyway.

#8947 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

[quoted image]

1535B90D-B6B8-4B70-99CC-F8BD3A786EC7 (resized).jpeg1535B90D-B6B8-4B70-99CC-F8BD3A786EC7 (resized).jpeg
#8948 2 years ago

<3

4BE33499-B863-4671-B698-BD095A6DA2F7 (resized).jpeg4BE33499-B863-4671-B698-BD095A6DA2F7 (resized).jpeg
#8949 2 years ago

The fang club has to be mostly based on extra revenue. They never announced the title prior, so how would it be used to gage interest in sales, if nobody knows what they’re potentially buying.
“Smart”!!

#8950 2 years ago

Not really relevant to the next spooky topic, but I nearly bought one of those surplus Alice Cooper games that popped up about a month ago. Luckily I was too late and could grab an Ultraman.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 49.99
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 13,500.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/179?hl=lobo2k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.