7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 269.
#8701 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

For those trying to sort out order numbers etc.
I bought my fangclub membership at 8est and my game at 945est. Here are the order numbers. About 260 difference.
[quoted image]

We should have the same build date as I am 3 before you. (11544)

Lets analyze the numbers. First 50 games go to special Spooky friends etc, 50 to distributors, 50 to direct sales, then every 50 after that roates direct sales/distributors.

By my calculations, My game should be #666. SCORE!

#8702 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Crispin Glover Dance frenzy mode! Reverse flipper multi with jackpots that move when you flip haha. Would be nearly impossible and really fun haha.

I mean if Spooky attained the rights to Lions "Love is a Lie" I'd just about have a heart attack and die on the machine, lol!

#8703 2 years ago

Friday the 13th or evil dead would make the most sense for the next title. There is a reason why your company name is spooky, you love horror and horror sells

#8704 2 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Friday the 13th or evil dead would make the most sense for the next title. There is a reason why your company name is spooky, you love horror and horror sells

Yes! 100% on board! Personally I'd prefer F13th over ED, but much rather have them stay Spooky.

#8705 2 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

I agree.

Let Stern do Scooby-Doo. Heck, they can re-purpose the van on TMNT into the mystery machine.

Running away and hiding from ghosts, running between doors, and caring more about food and scooby snacks than a storyline... Not MY cup of tea.

Keep Spooky.. SPOOKY!

#8706 2 years ago

I very much would like to see Friday the 13th as well. I'm not sure we will be able to see this until Victor Miller and Sean Cunningham get their much drag out lawsuit settled.

#8707 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I agree.
Let Stern do Scooby-Doo. Heck, they can re-purpose the van on TMNT into the mystery machine.
Running away and hiding from ghosts, running between doors, and caring more about food and scooby snacks than a storyline... Not MY cup of tea.
Keep Spooky.. SPOOKY!

Not to mention how annoying all their voices are. Scooby sounds like a mangled Sloth via The Goonies crawling out of a garbage disposal. Shaggy...dont get me started, lol.

#8708 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I am very disappointed I missed out on the raffle. I would have 100% bought some spots.
I'm hoping another raffle goes up somewhere.
If anyone hears of one, please PM me.

There were 8 spots left when I clicked 'buy'. There were zero spots left when my payment tried to complete. Oh well.

#8709 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I agree.
Keep Spooky.. SPOOKY!

Spooky will do whatever interests him (*subject to licensing acquisitions) - that's the perks of being the BOSS.

Ultraman, Dominos, Jetsons, R&M, TNA were not "spooky" titles at all.

Keep Spooky....quirky. His passion is the magic X factor - no matter what the next title is.

#8710 2 years ago

“Keep Spooky Spooky” = R&M ?, very unspooky. Pigeon holing into ONE genre (horror) would not be the move. The right move would be campy, cult, non-traditional themes that are more off the beaten path.

#8711 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

We should have the same build date as I am 3 before you. (11544)
Lets analyze the numbers. First 50 games go to special Spooky friends etc, 50 to distributors, 50 to direct sales, then every 50 after that roates direct sales/distributors.
By my calculations, My game should be #666. SCORE!

I hope you get 667....

#8712 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

“Keep Spooky Spooky” = R&M ?, very unspooky. Pigeon holing into ONE genre (horror) would not be the move. The right move would be campy, cult, non-traditional themes that are more off the beaten path.

I agree. Anything adult themed makes sense even if not in the horror genre. But....having said this.....if you can sell 5K Scooby's vs 1K F13s......well....hard not to go Scooby if you are crunching numbers.

My vote goes F13 and Scooby if you want a bigger seller. I never heard of Evil Dead to be honest. Not pretending to be a full on horror guy though....

#8713 2 years ago

Has anyone gotten an order # from a distro? I ordered then purchased my Fang Club membership, which is 11851.

Not worried about #'s, just excited to get on this train and ride it!

#8714 2 years ago

Not yet, squirrel just sent out an email saying that we should get our game number very soon.

Quoted from Roostking:

Has anyone gotten an order # from a distro? I ordered then purchased my Fang Club membership, which is 11851.
Not worried about #'s, just excited to get on this train and ride it!

#8715 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Take solace in the fact that the message that ya'll want Scooby-Doo has been received LOUD & CLEAR.
[quoted image]

Well, that just makes me happier that I got in on this current release since I have zero interest in Scooby Doo as a theme.

#8716 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Well, that just makes me happier that I got in on this current release since I have zero interest in Scooby Doo as a theme.

bobby.gifbobby.gif
#8717 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Could this be SCOOBY DOO'S TAIL?
OK, I think I've trolled that enough. Take solace in the fact that the message that ya'll want Scooby-Doo has been received LOUD & CLEAR.
[quoted image]

::pout::

Looks like my Spooky game purchase streak will come to an end. Wow...NO interest in Scooby what-so-ever. I have to think the Scooby love was coming from a vocal minority.

#8718 2 years ago

I dunno....there's a Scooby and Courage the Cowardly Dog crossover thing happening. Technically, that WOULD be horror, when you consider the Courage side of the equation, lol. It actually looked pretty funny, animated in the Courage style.

#8719 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

No. You dont. Guy in my league won Hobbit a few years back. Project Pinball takes care of everything. Dont spread false information.

It has been a few years since we’ve done our Hobbit raffle and unfortunately with the way the Pandemic has changed shipping costs exponentially.
We can only offer free shipping to the winners within the United States.
We do tell anyone who emails us within the past two years, if you are a winner outside of the U.S, then you would be responsible for these associated costs. The customs and shipping costs are not able to be covered by the Charity at this time. We apologize for the minor inconvenience and we hope that in time we will be able to offer free shipping to Canada again.

#8720 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

::pout::
Looks like my Spooky game purchase streak will come to an end. Wow...NO interest in Scooby what-so-ever. I have to think the Scooby love was coming from a vocal minority.

I would love to see a SD pin, but theme doesn't really hold much weight with me. I had no interest in Ultraman prior to this week (never even heard of it), and I am now more excited for that than Halloween.

#8721 2 years ago

My prediction: Scooby Doo -OR- Evil Dead would outsell Halloween -AND- Ultraman.

#8722 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

My prediction: Scooby Doo -OR- Evil Dead would outsell Halloween -AND- Ultraman.

Isn't that a given if Spooky increases their production capacity?

Unit sales are currently limited by Spooky's output, not by demand.

#8723 2 years ago

Yeah, I almost qualified my statement. I think regardless of production capabilities either theme would outsell Halloween and Ultraman. I think it would be a mistake to put either of those as a duel release, unless the second theme was something very-very niche.

#8724 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Spooky will do whatever interests him (*subject to licensing acquisitions) - that's the perks of being the BOSS.
Ultraman, Dominos, Jetsons, R&M, TNA were not "spooky" titles at all.
Keep Spooky....quirky. His passion is the magic X factor - no matter what the next title is.

Their niche is horror/sci fi. Take a look at all of their games and you will see that. Dominos and Jetsons were contract games, not Spooky brand games.

#8725 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

I mean if Spooky attained the rights to Lions "Love is a Lie" I'd just about have a heart attack and die on the machine, lol!

I saw an interview with Crispin where he blamed that dance on a different song being played during production than what was put in the final film. But I'm pretty sure no normal human being ever danced like that to *any* song. The movie wouldn't have been the same without him. "Where's the corkscrew!?!?"
corkscrew-the-final-chapter.gifcorkscrew-the-final-chapter.gif

#8726 2 years ago

I'm just watching a video on the Halloween pinball machine and the guy points out the orange plastic protectors , and I had a brainwave , why not make the plastics out of the same plastic , as the protectors , then you don't need the plastic protectors .

#8727 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I saw an interview with Crispin where he blamed that dance on a different song being played during production than what was put in the final film. But I'm pretty sure no normal human being ever danced like that to *any* song. The movie wouldn't have been the same without him. "Where's the corkscrew!?!?"
[quoted image]

Haha poor dead fuck Crispin. FYI the song played on set was AC/DCs “Back in Black”. But you’re correct no human can dance like that ever…besides George McFly.

#8728 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I'm just watching a video on the Halloween pinball machine and the guy points out the orange plastic protectors , and I had a brainwave , why not make the plastics out of the same plastic , as the protectors , then you don't need the plastic protectors .

The protectors are larger than the plastics that have the artwork on them. This protects the art plastics as the ball hits the protectors, not the OG plastics.

#8729 2 years ago

First you wanna kill me.

Now you wanna kiss me.

Blow.

#8730 2 years ago

I still say Scooby Doo / Mike Tyson Mysteries would be a perfect dual release, and right up Spooky's alley!

I'm just not sure what the MTM equivalent of collecting Scooby Snacks would be, though...
perhaps picking up Pigeon's empty beer cans?

Sucks MTM got the axe, although four seasons is plenty of material.

#8731 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The protectors are larger than the plastics that have the artwork on them. This protects the art plastics as the ball hits the protectors, not the OG plastics.

No shit chuck , but you never see plastic protectors break but the plastic's that break .
I've always thought , why not make plastics out of flexible plastic , like Tupperware you see , which could take a million hits and would never break .

#8732 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

First you wanna kill me.
Now you wanna kiss me.
Blow.

AOD

#8733 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

No shit chuck , but you never see plastic protectors break but the plastic's that break .
I've always thought , why not make plastics out of flexible plastic , like Tupperware you see , which could take a million hits and would never break .

I see. Yeah that would be good.

#8734 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I have always thought plastic protectors are overkill. Especially the way they are installed. To be most effective the plastic protector should be installed under the metal post that secures the plastic star post. Kind of how you are supposed to install fender washers under sling posts. Stern still does this wrong on every game and if you don't change them soonish, the metal washer ends up stuck to the sling plastic and will remove art if you try to remedy it. I firmly believe some sort of protection should be employed and I use clear fender washers in my games and I place them in places where a plastic is prone to break like slings or BSD target bank or Taxi target bank plastic for instance.

#8735 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

The protectors ARE made of the same material. The reason you don't see them break is putting them on makes the thickness double thus harder to crack. So, really the solution would just be thicker plastics from teh get go, but in doing that you make them much less flexible in hard to reach places (so even more prone to breakage when putting in or taking out.

#8736 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I have always thought plastic protectors are overkill. Especially the way they are installed. To be most effective the plastic protector should be installed under the metal post that secures the plastic star post. Kind of how you are supposed to install fender washers under sling posts. Stern still does this wrong on every game and if you don't change them soonish, the metal washer ends up stuck to the sling plastic and will remove art if you try to remedy it. I firmly believe some sort of protection should be employed and I use clear fender washers in my games and I place them in places where a plastic is prone to break like slings or BSD target bank or Taxi target bank plastic for instance.

Depends on what you are trying to prevent. The art scraping off the bottom is a different issue than what protectors are actually meant for. If you put them below, you might save the art, but now the tops of them are prone to scratching - so you would STILL have to do something about the actual plastics.

The only true solution is to not play your game.

#8737 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The protectors ARE made of the same material. The reason you don't see them break is putting them on makes the thickness double thus harder to crack. So, really the solution would just be thicker plastics from teh get go, but in doing that you make them much less flexible in hard to reach places (so even more prone to breakage when putting in or taking out.

I just like how the outline in orange looks on these protectors.

#8738 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I think it was half protection and half people liking the way they look lit up.

#8739 2 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I just like how the outline in orange looks on these protectors.

Yeah some of the colored ones look cool when combined with the lighting.

#8740 2 years ago

I haven't been on this thread in several days. I'm getting a Halloween CE.

Has Spooky talked about the assets they have in the game? Will there be scenes from the movie with lines from the major characters? Do they have rights to the full soundtrack?

#8741 2 years ago

yes, yes, and yes. I'm in on a rather early order# on a CE so I'm excited as hell. You can expect callouts from PJ Soles, animated movie sequences as well as clips and soundbites from the original film. They did find a Loomis soundalike (which is a very minor concern at this point - the game looks badass) but I'm hoping to hear a lot from Donny (RIP).

#8742 2 years ago

I’ve totally had plastic protectors break. They saved the day. That’s what they are there for.

#8743 2 years ago

Why don't they build the whole airplane out of the same stuff as the black box...

#8744 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Why don't they build the whole airplane out of the same stuff as the black box...

They do. It's called a locomotive

#8745 2 years ago

I'm guessing PinballSTAR Joe is going to be VERY busy for a couple of weeks, before we have any idea of the order numbers for his distro, etc.

#8746 2 years ago

Give this super Awesome Pinball Show a listen and all your questions and more will be answered.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-super-awesome-pinball-show-ep-27-halloween-ultraman/id1491095159?i=1000527914039

Quoted from Rockytop:

I haven't been on this thread in several days. I'm getting a Halloween CE.
Has Spooky talked about the assets they have in the game? Will there be scenes from the movie with lines from the major characters? Do they have rights to the full soundtrack?

#8747 2 years ago

Has anyone that ordered direct from spooky had their cards charged (like the email said would happen at midnight?). My payment is still pending from July 7. Trying to reach out via email (like we were asked), but no luck on getting a response.

#8748 2 years ago
Quoted from Tiki_Pinball:

I’ve totally had plastic protectors break. They saved the day. That’s what they are there for.

Oh I'm sure it happens, but it is rare.

#8749 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Because the airplane has to remain airborne..?

Are pinball machines designed to fly now? That'd be an interesting feature, but I worry about excessive tilt warnings.

#8750 2 years ago
Quoted from freakyvideoguy:

Has anyone that ordered direct from spooky had their cards charged (like the email said would happen at midnight?). My payment is still pending from July 7. Trying to reach out via email (like we were asked), but no luck on getting a response.

I figure it may stay pending for a day or two. I will reach out Monday if its not posted by then.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/175?hl=freakyvideoguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.