7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 269.
#8651 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Ok, if this is the “next spooky” thread…here ya go. Pet Cemetery. The house, the road, the climb to the cemetery, the cemetery, the neighbors house…all good stuff.

The Ramones!

#8652 2 years ago

If spooky were to do another music theme I think the Ramones wood be good but my first choice would be the misfits.

824815E9-59D0-4F6C-B6BA-1671E67BAA0F (resized).jpeg824815E9-59D0-4F6C-B6BA-1671E67BAA0F (resized).jpeg
#8653 2 years ago

I’m guessing after selling out Rick and Morty and Halloween, Spooky may have gone away from music pins for a while.

#8654 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I’m guessing after selling out Rick and Morty and Halloween, Spooky may have gone away from music pins for a while.

Hope so.

It's awesome they are doing themes that are fringe/niche.

#8655 2 years ago

It is truly the way...

maxresdefault (4) (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (4) (resized).jpg
#8656 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

The fairy tale land is Cali.. some day it will become a state again vs pretending its another country. Dont move to Reno or Vegas, people are escaping, moving there, and bringing the price increase with them.

Thanks for sharing propaganda from your disinformation sources. I’m sure you’ve never been here, Florida Man.

#8657 2 years ago
Quoted from prl867:

I am as giddy as a schoolgirl over getting in on a Bloodsucker edition (yes, that’s an obscure reference to IJ & The Last Crusade).
I’m extremely interested in learning about the development of this pin (a “behind the scenes” video would be awesome.
Reason being, I’m curious about a bunch of little things like licensing likeness rights for the actors such as JLC, Pleasence, and even Michael Myers (or perhaps William Shatner, given that the mask is from the 1978 first movie, thank God).
Since Spooky has a pre-existing relationship with Rob Zombie, I was a little surprised (and very much RELIEVED) that it wasn’t going to be based off the Rob Zombie version, as I would have had zero interest in that.
Assuming they worked with Compass, was Akkad’s son involved at all? I know that Moustafa passed away a while ago, but I thought his son retained ownership.
Was Carpenter involved at all?
Having PJ Soles involved is cool. I believe her topless scene was one of the first I ever saw in a movie when I was a youth. Sorry, TMI, I realize.
Finally, and I do apologize in advance for a bit of a minor stern criticism here, but I’m also thrilled that it wasn’t Stern that got this license. Jurassic Park has always bothered me with its uber obvious lack of likeness rights other than Nedry. If you can’t get the principles and do the film justice, then don’t bother (looking at you Data East BTTF).
Yes, I know that JP did just fine in sales despite the lack of likeness assets, but had Stern done that one right, they certainly would have gotten my $8k instead of Spooky.
You can really tell a Stern machine from a JJP. Much like Data East versus Bally Williams. Indiana Jones by Stern versus Pinball Adventure is night and day.
And now Spooky is in that mix, competing with the big boys, and I for one am ecstatic that they went the JJP route versus the Stern route.
Sorry for excessive post. Brevity ain’t my strong point.

My father was never giddy, even when he was a schoolboy.

#8658 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I called it several pages back - Army of Darkness (500 games)/Scooby Doo (1500 games).
[quoted image]

I'm not saying Scooby wouldn't sell that many, it would. But Evil Dead / AoD would sell WAY more than 500. Pretty sure AoD with Bruce Campbell callouts would easily sell as fast as Halloween did. HUGE following.

And Charlie already said they will never do a double release again. He said One and Done. Each of those titles would be their own release.

#8659 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not one person has complained about the $$$ so I guess that’s a good thing.

I probably would be except the price of a Spooky BSE is roughly the same as a Stern Premium, only I'm getting at least ATTEMPTED innovation, my first LCD screen game, a theme I never thought would exist, and I have ZERO FAITH in Stern doing right by Godzilla....or that the LE that will be half as packed as this game....but yet will cost 10k and be sold out three months before it's announced, and I have no pull with any distros to get one.

This is the most expensive pin I've ever bought, and I swore up and down that I'd never spend this much. That's how shell-shocked I am that this is a thing.

#8660 2 years ago

With Halloween flying off the rack at record speed, I hope this convinces Spooky to make Friday the 13th. I would guess it’s an equally strong draw for horror fans, maybe stronger. There seems to be more content, with great locations (camp, cabins, lake, woods) and some cool playfield possibilities. Search different cabins, lower pf could be the lake. Pop bumpers could be the woods. Certain modes could dim the lights and use flashers for the thunderstorm from the first movie...do it, Spooky!

#8661 2 years ago

I was listning to the SAPS interview where Bug said that they've now made a more that seven shots game. Well, I like to mediate a little on that.

It was Gomez who have stated that a standard size pinball machine is essentially a seven shots game. In an Expo presentation if I am not mistaken. When he said that he ment seven "major" shots. Lanes, ramps, scoops and toys. With the latter typically occupying a wider space. And with most of these shots (ramps and orbits) not returning the ball by the point of entry.

The "seven shots" does not count the standups in the context of the Gomez talk. For the sake of argument this should be remembered.

If you look at The Mandalorian, yes, it indeed features a somewhat classic seven shot layout. With the outside of the playfield being standups. No distinct bashtoy though.

This makes for an interesting comparison with Halloween. Yes, Halloween features a whole 10 shots by the Gomez definition. Where you could say that seven of them are comparable to the ones on Mando. By location on the playfield. And the three additional ones are two sinkholes on the left. And a dead end shot of the right. In the places where Mando features standups. This is very interesting for the sinkholes on Halloween. As these are shots that will transport the ball to a different exit than the point of entry. Unlike standups. I am curious how the pinball dynamics of Halloween will feel from this usage of sinkholes. The flow, the shots difficulty, return to inlane vs. ball in the wild etc.

This type of analysis is also quite interesting on the Jurassic Park game. Counting the Gomez def. (lower flippers only) brings this game to a whole nine shots. Again achieved by replacing the typical outside standups by something else that fits the location and space available. A short dead end on the left. A short ramp to inlane ball trail on the right. And the jeep bashtoy being located further down the playfield. Partially, but not always, overlapping other shots. A brilliant way of packing in more "shots" in.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#8662 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Spooky should go through and refund every multiple purchase of a title by an individual, for the difference above the single game deposit cost.
Then open a second sales run of the reclaimed games in 3 or 6 months time, at the same price.
That would go a long ways to solving the flipping retards problem, and give the genuine buyers whom missed out another chance to buy the game they are genuinely passionate about for the fair manufacturer price.
I could have went online and bought two games that didn't interest me and sell them later for a profit. But I'm not a bottomfeeding "flipper".
This seems to me a good solution, because people can still sell on their spot if they get in a bind, but still also looks after their loyal customers whom might have been screwed over by flipper mentality sellout as they can have another chance down the track if they missed out because of the rush.
They will still sell out all their games in short order, just that it lets the actual buyers have more of a shot.

Your idea fucks location gaming though. Admittedly most of these will be home use but a percentage definitely will get routed.

#8663 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I think it would be more reasonable to limit each fang club membership to a two game max. That way if someone wants a location and home game then they can do that. Anything over two of the same title is definitely suspect. But...Spooky also want to sell out. So I imagine if someone has the means to buy a bunch then Spooky might oblige. I think flippers will buy a UM ce and HWN ce and dump whichever one ends up more valuable to fund the other. It’s crafty. It’s capitalism aaand that’s the law of the land in the ol’ usa. It is what it is.

The hole in this being that its only $50 for a Fang Club Membership. Buy as many as you want. These are the same people that will resell their games for 2-5k over retail. An extra $50 is nothing.

#8664 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Alot of places have pretty crap internet mate, that includes alot of places in Australia... and at 2am in the morning.
Some genuine buyers are at much more of a disadvantage than a cashed up flipper with a high speed computer system and lightning fast internet connection.
Some places here still so slow it can cause problems other people never even heard of.
Would help out this unfair bias. There is the other thing, second release open sales at 3pm local so that internationals can log in at a more human sort of time of day.
Lucky I wasn't interested in this game, I would have been pissed at the extremely restricted ordering method for Australia, disadvantaged with competing around high speed other worlds. Spooky taken a backward step in looking after international customers in this way.

I didn't see the British, German or French pinball fans complaining. Good thing you can get a Fathom or Celts cheap

#8665 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I’m pretty sure there is a distributor in Australia you could have contacted if you were interested. I went through the Canadian distributor to get mine, not Spooky. A phone call probably would work if internet is a problem.

Booooooo. Tommy Floyd
I couldnt do it. I went though Spooky.
Character counts for a lot imo.

#8666 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I'm in on a CE, some have mentioned that Halloween looks somewhat bright or with Thanksgiving colors. ]

This made chuckle. A Halloween game with Thanksgiving colours? Its almost like they take place in the same season. You can't please everyone.

#8667 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

Technically, if you drew lines from the main flippers to each shot, every pin is a fan layout.

Maiden has 4 flipper. Any LOWER flippers are fanned. Games with more flipper dont always apply to this logic

#8668 2 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

Then there are the guys that get high all day and only want to order at 420, so lets accommodate them to.

I smoke pot everyday and i got my order in by 945cst

#8669 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

How about Buffy The Vampire Slayer? They used to film by my house. Heck, if Spooky does Buffy next I would buy 2.[quoted image]

Whedon made sure we will never see any of his creations in any form ever again

#8670 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

What I would like to see on future sales days is more of a tiered system with loyalty dividends. It would probably help with server loads as well but something like this…
9AM…. Fang Club + previous direct buyers - limit 2
10AM… Fang Club only - limit 2
11AM… All others - limit 2
You get the idea. Not a big fan of this “LeMans start” thing.
$0.02

So sell out before "all others" get a chance?
There is nothing wrong with Spooky's methods. They just need better servers

#8671 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

So sell out before "all others" get a chance?
There is nothing wrong with Spooky's methods. They just need better servers

I beg to differ.

Loyalty dividends was the point.

“All others” didn’t get their chance with R&M nor this time either.

#8672 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Canadians can participate, but need to pay for customs and shipping from the U.S. Thanks.

No. You dont. Guy in my league won Hobbit a few years back. Project Pinball takes care of everything. Dont spread false information.

#8673 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

No, we want an Ash v Evil Dead / Army of Darkness pin!!!! That’s the message that needs to be received.
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"5c0370d0466ddbc0878fc22873df4b000bc6fcd0-1625825336-1800"};
//]]>

Ditto. AOD, Evil Dead, Ash versus …. Whatever get us an Ash pinball game and make 2500 of them.

#8674 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Growth and reliance on growth is what kills customer orientation. When the world can be happy just turning a profit and staying in business, the world will be a better place. Thinking you NEED to grow to stay in business is a bullshit mentality that causes more problems and the main reason for good companies turning into greedy shit companies.

Yep I agree. Too much growth can be a bad thing, especially if it’s too fast.

#8675 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Guy in my league won Hobbit a few years back. Project Pinball takes care of everything.

I am very disappointed I missed out on the raffle. I would have 100% bought some spots.
I'm hoping another raffle goes up somewhere.

If anyone hears of one, please PM me.

#8676 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I am very disappointed I missed out on the raffle. I would have 100% bought some spots.

jellikit - It would be nice to be able to sign up for raffle announcements via some sort of ‘news letter’ subscription from the Project Pinball website. I don’t think I saw that option available. Just a thought.

#8677 2 years ago

I’m a little worried about their being four scoops and that it will kill all the flow in the game

#8678 2 years ago

Don’t be...all scoops lead to dual subways that feed the inlanes via servo elevators. Should be lightning fast returns. I’m more worried about ball hang ups (and servo hang ups) during the seven ball multi wiz mode. Have a feeling that I’ll want to lock in all seven balls to get the jackpots up then willingly drain half of those 7 balls for a less chaotic gameplay. But...there are other games I do that on too. So...not a huge deal.

Quoted from musketd:

I’m a little worried about their being four scoops and that it will kill all the flow in the game

#8679 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Don’t be...all scoops lead to dual subways that feed the inlanes via servo elevators. Should be lightning fast returns. I’m more worried about ball hang ups (and servo hang ups) during the seven ball multi wiz mode. Have a feeling that I’ll want to lock in all seven balls to get the jackpots up then willing drain half of those 7 balls for a less chaotic gameplay. But...there are other games I do that on too. So...not a huge deal.

I dunno - I can imagine a strategy of getting all the balls in one subway and getting them fed to one flipper one at a time to try and collect jackpots while balls are trapped below.

#8680 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

With Halloween flying off the rack at record speed, I hope this convinces Spooky to make Friday the 13th. I would guess it’s an equally strong draw for horror fans, maybe stronger. There seems to be more content, with great locations (camp, cabins, lake, woods) and some cool playfield possibilities. Search different cabins, lower pf could be the lake. Pop bumpers could be the woods. Certain modes could dim the lights and use flashers for the thunderstorm from the first movie...do it, Spooky!

13 scoops!

#8681 2 years ago

For sure, but what about the balls in play coming down into the inlanes on top of the lifts? I can’t see how that won’t be at least a little messy.

Quoted from Lounge:

I dunno - I can imagine a strategy of getting all the balls in one subway and getting them fed to one flipper one at a time to try and collect jackpots while balls are trapped below.

#8682 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Scooby? I thought you guys were kidding. But you're serious? Wtf? Scooby? Geez-us.

I was so hoping this release was Scooby! Wife demanded we get a Scooby Dooooo! Told he we have to wait but bought a Halloween to hold her over.

#8683 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I didn't see the British, German or French pinball fans complaining. Good thing you can get a Fathom or Celts cheap

Actually we can’t get Fathom or Celts any cheaper than you. Pricing was the same, except they deliver within Australia.

#8684 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Ha, yeah, I was even going to buy a slot, even though I got an order in. Why not? Already spending 8k...what's another 75 bucks for a shot at free?

#8685 2 years ago

FWIW, raffle tickets were $90 (+$6.75 service fee)

#8686 2 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

I was teetering on getting an entry and by the time I said f it and was gonna grab one, they had just sold out.

#8687 2 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

.....okay.

#8688 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

No. You dont. Guy in my league won Hobbit a few years back. Project Pinball takes care of everything. Dont spread false information.

I work for the charity and confirmed before posting. It may have changed since he won the raffle, I can't speak to that. Thanks.

#8689 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I guess most of them like myself too, have ordered from a local distributor.

#8690 2 years ago

31 scoops! They should make a game about Ice Cream... Oh yeah.... "In Space No One Can Eat Ice Cream!"

DmG48sfWsAAYdGu (resized).jpgDmG48sfWsAAYdGu (resized).jpgb43c45654782ba02272d01fad3005424 (resized).jpgb43c45654782ba02272d01fad3005424 (resized).jpgice-cream-poster-killer-klowns-from-outer-space-t-shirt.multi (resized).jpegice-cream-poster-killer-klowns-from-outer-space-t-shirt.multi (resized).jpeg
#8691 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I smoke pot everyday and i got my order in by 945cst

Quoted from Tilt:

so spooky should accommodate everyone then. So lets have around 100 releases. 1 for every timezone, so there is 24 releases. But now the people that work 2nd or 3rd shift will complain, so we can do 3 releases per day to accommodate them. Then there are the guys that get high all day and only want to order at 420, so lets accommodate them to.
In other words, you cant please everyone. Its a company that did a release at the beginning of the work day of where they are located at. They did great. Were there hiccups, sure, but they tried their best to work through it.
Be positive, be happy that you had an opportunity to buy a game (even if the time was inconvenient) and also that you are able to consider buying an expensive toy. There are many more things to be positive about instead of the negativity

Think you missed his point. He was just stating some facts.

1 - Australia Has NO distributors. Previous releases we were given an allotted amount, kindly managed by two of the nicest people in pinball. Done for the love of pinball and supporting some local Aussie pinheads.

2 - Yes we have always been able to buy direct from spooky, the time difference isn’t the issue!

3 - I’m lucky enough to live in Greater Sydney and have fair internet speed. I ordered right at 9. After crashes and refreshes got through to order placement at 9.45. Some regions in Australia have poor coverage thus shit house internet connections. Some people probably tried for 2 hours without even getting to the checkout page. Show some sympathy here

4 - He’s Not blaming Spooky by any means, he’s just releasing some of his mates frustration of not being on the same playing field in the internet world.

5 - quantities to Australia have increased with every release. We love our Spooky’s here.

6 - who knows I might become an Aussie distributor to help Aussie market! Will talk to Charlie when things settle down.

7 - feel free to shoot me down, I’ve got broad shoulders. Halloween and Ultraman will be my 6/7th Spooky’s

8 - I get the real world problem stuff, last time I checked this is a pinball site. Real pinball problems only haha

9 - pics for you KnockerPTSD

C1AD6813-93F9-49E8-8130-EC77C19EF578 (resized).jpegC1AD6813-93F9-49E8-8130-EC77C19EF578 (resized).jpeg
#8692 2 years ago

Distributors still have stock (e.g., @flipperfreak). Any idea when this will really sell out?

#8693 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

1 - Australia Has NO distributors. Previous releases we were given an allotted amount, kindly managed by two of the nicest people in pinball. Done for the love of pinball and supporting some local Aussie pinheads.
2 - Yes we have always been able to buy direct from spooky, the time difference isn’t the issue!
3 - I’m lucky enough to live in Greater Sydney and have fair internet speed. I ordered right at 9. After crashes and refreshes got through to order placement at 9.45. Some regions in Australia have poor coverage thus shit house internet connections. Some people probably tried for 2 hours without even getting to the checkout page. Show some sympathy here
4 - He’s Not blaming Spooky by any means, he’s just releasing some of his mates frustration of not being on the same playing field in the internet world.
5 - quantities to Australia have increased with every release. We love our Spooky’s here.
6 - who knows I might become an Aussie distributor to help Aussie market! Will talk to Charlie when things settle down.
7 - feel free to shoot me down, I’ve got broad shoulders. Halloween and Ultraman will be my 6/7th Spooky’s
8 - I get the real world problem stuff, last time I checked this is a pinball site. Real pinball problems only haha
9 - pics for you Graysonsdad [quoted image]

KnockerPTSD and Pinball_Freak We all apparently got through at 9:45. Curious what your order #'s are. Mine is 11544

#8694 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

So don’t buy one. There are plenty of Steve Ritchie rehashes for flow-hoes.

#8695 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I second this sentiment. The machine should cover the highlights of I-V. Don't get me wrong, the later parts are great, but would be difficult to include as they'd break away from the camp environment. Oh and it needs this as the definitive topper.

glover.gifglover.gif
#8696 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I work for the charity and confirmed before posting. It may have changed since he won the raffle, I can't speak to that. Thanks.

Weird because i specifically asked project pinball within the last year if this was the case. Maybe everyone should get on the same page because i was told everything would be arranged and covered for the winner.

#8697 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Freak:

9 - pics for you Graysonsdad [quoted image]

Why is my quote lumped in with your rant? I was jumping on the stoner comment to be funny. We Canadians enjoy our marijuana very much thank you :p
I dont need your pics thanks. Im not upset with the Spooky sales method. They did great (need better servers). Ive got my Ultraman coming.

#8698 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

There are plenty more of them on the website. Great cause.

#8699 2 years ago

For those trying to sort out order numbers etc.
I bought my fangclub membership at 8est and my game at 945est. Here are the order numbers. About 260 difference.

Screenshot_20210709-103917_Gmail (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210709-103917_Gmail (resized).jpg
#8700 2 years ago

Crispin Glover Dance frenzy mode! Reverse flipper multi with jackpots that move when you flip haha. Would be nearly impossible and really fun haha.

Quoted from BWT67:

I second this sentiment. The machine should cover the highlights of I-V. Don't get me wrong, the later parts are great, but would be difficult to include as they'd break away from the camp environment. Oh and it needs this as the definitive topper.[quoted image]

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arabi, LA
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 49.99
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 13,500.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 174 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/174?hl=mettle64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.