7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 269.
#8551 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I wish someone would do an actual good version of Thunderbirds. Such a shame when a great theme gets pissed down the toilet. Almost happened with Alien but was resurrected. I can’t believe that hasn’t happened with Predator yet. But the Spooky treatment of Thunderbirds would be perfect.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Pinball Brothers already secured Predator license or if they already thought about that as the 2nd title. Likewise for that with Spooky’s next title(s).

#8552 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yea we learned during R&M that order numbers were not exactly a good indication.

I believe someone ordered a fang membership late the night before and it was 11286 or so.

So, figuring it probably started about 11300.

#8553 2 years ago
Quoted from Sixtieskid:

The question is what number did Spook open up orders on that day. 2 days before launch, I bought a t-shirt from Spook and my order number was 11069. When I placed my Halloween order , my order number was 11792. 2 weeks ago, I ordered an Alice Cooper and my order number was 10571.

My Alice Cooper was 10575......(I hope it comes soon!)

#8554 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

It wouldn’t surprise me if Pinball Brothers already secured Predator license or if they already thought about that as the 2nd title. Likewise for that with Spooky’s next title(s).

I never had the same love for Predator as I did the Alien franchise but call outs in the first movie would be enough for me to buy Predator..lol

#8555 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I never had the same love for Predator as I did the Alien franchise but call outs in the first movie would be enough for me to buy Predator..lol

Same, but still love the first (and actually the 2nd too) and would love a decent Predator pin.

#8556 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I believe someone ordered a fang membership late the night before and it was 11286 or so.
So, figuring it probably started about 11300.

The wrench is the distros. Until you have all that info, 12-18 months is quite a spread.

#8557 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The wrench is the distros. Until you have all that info, 12-18 months is quite a spread.

Yup, every other 50 to distros, so double the number

#8558 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

My Alice Cooper was 10575......(I hope it comes soon!)

Morgan emailed me this morning with shipping info for my Alice so hopefully yours will be along soon. Fingers crossed for ya!

#8559 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Can someone please explain what a lifter is and how they work? What similar games have them?

I'm pretty sure the lifter mechs are unique to this these two pins. Basically it's an elevator to bring the ball up from the subway to the inlane. Most other games do the same thing with a solenoid or kicker which fires the ball up. This seems like a less violent method but it's unclear how it will work (worm gear?) and if it will be reliable in the long run?

#8560 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I can say that I ordered a Fang Club membership that morning and my order # was 11292, the order # on my Halloween CE is 11421, so who knows when that will become available.

#8561 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I'm pretty sure the lifter mechs are unique to this these two pins. Basically it's an elevator to bring the ball up from the subway to the inlane. Most other games do the same thing with a solenoid or kicker which fires the ball up. This seems like a less violent method but it's unclear how it will work (worm gear?) and if it will be reliable in the long run?

That's the gist I thought too, but what happens when a ball rolls over the lifter? Maybe someone from Spooky can share a deep dive, sounds like potentially cool tech.

#8562 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

That's the gist I thought too, but what happens when a ball rolls over the lifter? Maybe someone from Spooky can share a deep dive, sounds like potentially cool tech.

I believe the lifter exit is tucked under the sling, so inlaned balls won't roll over it. Worst case might be a collision in the inlane during multiball if you get a lifted ball and inlane feed simultaneously, but I figure they'd just roll down to the flipper one after the other.

#8563 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I believe the lifter exit is tucked under the sling, so inlaned balls won't roll over it. Worst case might be a collision in the inlane during multiball if you get a lifted ball and inlane feed simultaneously, but I figure they'd just roll down to the flipper one after the other.

I would love if Spooky could elaborate on the lifter mechs.

#8564 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I would love if Spooky could elaborate on the lifter mechs.

I would love just to see some video play of the dang game!

#8565 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:I would love just to see some video play of the dang game!

They are busy dude

https://media1.tenor.com/images/55afca248637f8355aa1df1f3e7c624c/tenor.gif?itemid=10564478

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8566 2 years ago

They ran out of room on the floor... used these buckets instead...

iStock_000014246634Small (resized).jpgiStock_000014246634Small (resized).jpg
#8567 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Atari 800 was my first home computer too (that I owned) Still have it, though many parts have been replaced.

Mine too! Got it in 1985! Used to play the hell out of Dandy and Zork! I then graduated to an Amiga 500 and a 600. Those machines were the best!

#8568 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

A bunch of people put up their order number and time stamp and they were going in order so it is relatively accurate for the Spooky direct sales...

That started to be more accurate the deeper into production Spooky went, but it did not start off as accurate. The first 100 or so R&M’s went to customers that have bought all prior releases and to various others they owed games to (such as the license holder and what not) or location play, etc. Once all of those are done then order number mattered for R&M. Everyone should expect the same for Halloween and Ultraman and this protocol is very understandable for Spooky in my view.

#8569 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I believe the lifter exit is tucked under the sling, so inlaned balls won't roll over it.

The lifters are in the inlanes. You can get a better view in the Ultraman video.

Lifter (resized).pngLifter (resized).png
#8570 2 years ago

Any1 know how many CE models were sold?

#8571 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Any1 know how many CE models were sold?

Using the poll in the other thread 95/144 folks got CEs across both games. That’s 66% or 1154/1750 games. Good for spooky since the 2 grand difference between the SE and CE is basically pure profit

#8572 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Using the poll in the other thread 95/144 folks got CEs across both games. That’s 66% or 1154/1750 games. Good for spooky since the 2 grand difference between the SE and CE is basically pure profit

Which thread? Can't find it...

#8573 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

It’s only 2k.

#8574 2 years ago

2.3 M in additional revenue/profit

#8575 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Good they need it.

#8576 2 years ago

That’s what I said

#8577 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

As long as it keeps a good company in business, especially a nitch market like pinball. Are you having a hardon trying to belittle CE buyers?

#8578 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

As long as it keeps a good company in business, especially a nitch market like pinball. Are you having a hardon trying to belittle CE buyers?

I think he is. 4 hrs and it won’t go down.

#8579 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I think your methodology is understating the number of CEs…you aren’t counting the people that said they were getting both as CEs. I would assume people wanting both would heavily lean CE.

#8580 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

Do you struggle with reading comprehension, how did I belittle CE buyers?

#8581 2 years ago

I’m not sure how you could NOT buy the CE honestly. Thing looks ri-goddamn-delicious with the armor and that topper that stabs through the back of the head. Killer package.

Quoted from Txcoastal1:

#8582 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Oh yea c) I’m paying 2 grand less for the exact same game

Who you should really feel bad for are the CE buyers who will wait 12+ Months once they realize that over 1000 CEs were sold across both games...

Quoted from nicoy3k:

#8583 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I’m a CE buyer and have yet to feel belittled. In fact I feel embiggened with these stats.

Good day sir. I SAID GOOD DAY!

083C84BC-822E-4654-8CBC-36BC8B98ED12.gif083C84BC-822E-4654-8CBC-36BC8B98ED12.gif
#8584 2 years ago

You do realize that you are quoting my response to someone calling SE buyers “poor bastards”. I stated a fact, the games are exactly the same.

#8585 2 years ago

Any edition game of Halloween is badass. Best theme I’ve seen that snagged my interest in years. Tired of super hero’s and Star Wars. I need violence and gore. I grew up playing mortal kombat ffs.

#8586 2 years ago

Just got this email -

“Greetings From the Spooky Crew!
First off I wanna start by saying how incredible all of you are.”Thank you” doesn’t even begin to cover it. We know this didn’t go exactly as planned, but we are so appreciative of you sticking with us even when things got a bit hairy.
So on that note, the good news! You have your initial payment placed! Because of the overload we put on the credit card company yesterday, your payment will go through tonight at midnight. So if it doesn’t please let me know right away.
I know you are super anxious to get your game number! I promise you I am hauling butt, so just hang tight, it will be coming soon!
Don’t worry about the butter cabinet right now, I will ask if you would like to add that before we build your game

#8587 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Any edition game of Halloween is badass. Best theme I’ve seen that snagged my interest in years. Tired of super hero’s and Star Wars. I need violence and gore. I grew up playing mortal kombat ffs.

I really struggled to choose between ultra man and halloween. Decided on ultra man because I have a little girl that would probably be freaked out by Halloween, otherwise it would have been my choice

#8588 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

the 2 grand difference between the SE and CE is basically pure profit

Um…no

#8589 2 years ago

Right?

I guess having custom made laser cut armor..Shaker motors and knockers and designing and having blade art made..Having custom topper designed and made, Custom shooter rod made, speaker grill lights, making plastic protectors and sending stuff out to power coat and labor to install the extras is just free for Spooky..lol

#8590 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Right?
I guess having custom made laser cut armor..Shaker motors and knockers and designing and having blade art made..Having custom topper designed and made, Custom shooter rod made, speaker grill lights, making plastic protectors and sending stuff out to power coat and labor to install the extras is just free for Spooky..lol

Lol what do you think the margin on those pieces is? I am not arguing that the perceived value of the extras isn’t worth it to you or others, you can’t really put a value on exclusivity. This is a work of art, so cogs is irrelevant to the consumer... That said, I don’t think the actual cost per unit of the CE upgrades is more than $500 and spooky made a killing with how many CEs they sold. CE owners are happy and spooky gets more money, everyone wins.

#8591 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Houses are ONLY $500k somewhere?!?! What magical fairy tale land do you live in?!

The fairy tale land is Cali.. some day it will become a state again vs pretending its another country. Dont move to Reno or Vegas, people are escaping, moving there, and bringing the price increase with them.

#8592 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

The fairy tale land is Cali.. some day it will become a state again vs pretending its another country. Dont move to Reno or Vegas, people are escaping, moving there, and bringing the price increase with them.

Aka “LA LA Land”... reminds me of the Bryce Vine song BTW.

#8593 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

...meanwhile, climate change is wringing the last bits of water from the desert everyone is moving into

#8594 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

...meanwhile, climate change is wringing the last bits of water from the desert everyone is moving into

Mars ?!

#8595 2 years ago
Quoted from pldubya43:

Just got this email -
“Greetings From the Spooky Crew!
First off I wanna start by saying how incredible all of you are.”Thank you” doesn’t even begin to cover it. We know this didn’t go exactly as planned, but we are so appreciative of you sticking with us even when things got a bit hairy.
So on that note, the good news! You have your initial payment placed! Because of the overload we put on the credit card company yesterday, your payment will go through tonight at midnight. So if it doesn’t please let me know right away.
I know you are super anxious to get your game number! I promise you I am hauling butt, so just hang tight, it will be coming soon!
Don’t worry about the butter cabinet right now, I will ask if you would like to add that before we build your game
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"0896c1b686be77d0211e7a790a4c1ca54ae077f6-1625791857-1800"};
//]]>

I got this message too but the thing is the money was ALREADY taken from my credit card! What are they going to run it again at midnight? Anyone else seeing this issue?

#8596 2 years ago

https://www.epa.gov/climate-indicators/southwest

Trends are all worrying, but hey, I don't live there. Fig 2, the squished up part on the far right is the worst ever shown.

#8597 2 years ago
Quoted from Aqua1122:

I got this message too but the thing is the money was ALREADY taken from my credit card! What are they going to run it again at midnight? Anyone else seeing this issue?

I got the same message.

#8598 2 years ago
Quoted from Aqua1122:

They're not correlating your successful order with the failed one. Email them to let them know and see if you can get the successful order put in place of the failed one (assuming the failed one is earlier).

#8599 2 years ago

I’m assuming they are stating that if it hasn’t gone through yet it will do so at midnight. Just checked my card and there is a pending charge from spooky from 7/7. IMO, Just a generic email sent to all successfully submitted orders.

#8600 2 years ago

My card is also just pending. The actual charge should be going through tonight, as per email.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

7,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, FL
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 172 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/172?hl=dantesmark and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.