7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,399 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 268.
#8501 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Ah man....Atari 800. Loved that thing. The town I lived in was long distance to everywhere so I was never allowed to get a modem for it

Old-school computing talk with metallik will extend this thread pages! Let me know when you guys get up the 1040ST or A500.

#8502 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Spooky's new theme. Spooky's Online Nightmare. Make your way through the evolution of tech and the internet. Complete with Steve Jobs and Bill Gates bash toys.

No save that for Stern and they’d likely just have Wozniak on a spring / stick.

#8503 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I started with Hayes Smartmodem 300 to USR HST 9600, I will stop there but let's say 14.4K means you were rocking it my friend.

Well I did slog my way through a 1200 all the way to the USR. I also started on a Atari 800 with the shoebox sized floppy drive then went into the Amiga scene. Back then the worry was your phone bill when connecting to private BBS's. Of course those crafty euro's had a million schemes around that

#8504 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Old-school computing talk with metallik will extend this thread pages! Let me know when you guys get up the 1040ST or A500.

Mine is a little disjointed. I went from the Atari 800 to a P133 with a 28.8....not really anything in between. Talk about mind blown.

#8505 2 years ago

The RallyUp raffle/donation just closed out, all 200 slots sold.

#8506 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Well I did slog my way through a 1200 all the way to the USR. I also started on a Atari 800 with the shoebox sized floppy drive then went into the Amiga scene. Back then the worry was your phone bill when connecting to private BBS's. Of course those crafty euro's had a million schemes around that

And you were spending countless hours to crack Psygnosis games...

#8507 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Lemmings would make for a decent theme would spend hours with those little critters... felt bad when I needed to hit the nuke button.

#8508 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Hey don't blow my cover dude! The statute of limitations may not have run out on all that stuff. lol

#8509 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

So what's next for Spooky in 2022? My money is on an Army of Darkness/ Scooby Do Combo.

Damn. They can’t do that. I have been hanging for both these titles. Probably be Scooby Doo for
Me if it’s the same set up 2 choices one layout. But here’s hoping. Better get saving again.

#8510 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Ah man....Atari 800. Loved that thing. The town I lived in was long distance to everywhere so I was never allowed to get a modem for it

BC quest for tires. Best game ever in the Atari.

#8511 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

PinballSTAR update at 3pm -
We still have left :
Halloween SE (2)
Halloween BS (1)
Halloween CE (8)
Ultraman SE (1)
Ultraman BS (2)
Ultraman CE (9)
If you got our email blast feel free to order... If you didn't email us for it... TY to everyone and CONGRATS to Spooky ! We probably will have some spares left after all this settles out as some people ordered from both Spooky and us then asked for a refund etc... If you want a game and didn't get one - feel free to email us and we'll assist until we are sold out...
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]

What’s the update today?

#8512 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

BC quest for tires. Best game ever in the Atari.

For me it was Star Raiders. And...some game I can't recall...zookeeper and a monkey kind of like Q-Bert (edit: Flip and Flop).

#8513 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Lemmings would make for a decent theme would spend hours with those little critters... felt bad when I needed to hit the nuke button.

Lemmings was a good one, the box art on Psygnosis was great and who can forget Obliterator!

Obliterator-Psygnosis-Amiga-boxed (resized).jpgObliterator-Psygnosis-Amiga-boxed (resized).jpg

And remember having to do this?

images (3) (resized).jpegimages (3) (resized).jpeg

#8514 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Anyone know what order# they started at yesterday @ 9am? My order was confirmed at 9:06am - just kinda curious where I fall in line for a CE Halloween. I have a feeling I may get it earlier than expected…

Mine was 11305, I haven't seen a lower one yet. ..

#8515 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

What’s the update today?

and send all the buyers an email with where our place in line is.

#8516 2 years ago

Atari 800 was my first home computer too (that I owned) Still have it, though many parts have been replaced.

#8517 2 years ago

# 11386 for me!

#8518 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Only pin I've seen that could pre-stage the balls was STTNG. But your method of staging on the fly (adding a new ball from the shooter lane when necessary) works fine. Really glad to hear that the lifters will be staged for faster flow (like R&M)!

R&M pre stages balls.

#8519 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

R&M pre stages balls.

I was referring to pre-staging as in before the game starts. But that is true, the sticker under the R&M lock-down bar does say to place one ball in the left eject

#8520 2 years ago

An Atari 600XL was my first computer. Didn’t have any sort of storage device for it though, so it was always killed my soul a bit when I would key in the Basic programs from the back of Family Computing, find the lines I mistyped, play them a few times, and then lose them when I turned the computer off.

#8521 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Atari 800 was my first home computer too (that I owned) Still have it, though many parts have been replaced.

Mine was the Atari 400. With the horrible membrane keyboard.

#8522 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I got an Atari 800 hand me down from my cousins when they got an Apple. I had no idea it had a modem! I mostly used it to play Donkey Kong & Print Shop.

Print shop FTW!

#8523 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I started with Hayes Smartmodem 300 to USR HST 9600, I will stop there but let's say 14.4K means you were rocking it my friend.

110 Baud Teletype KSR33 with an accoustic coupler. Connected to the university BBS and played Startrek!

#8524 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I was referring to pre-staging as in before the game starts. But that is true, the sticker under the R&M lock-down bar does say to place one ball in the left eject

Was wondering if they could do something like that for these, but frankly, I thought it was too absurd an idea to suggest...

I stand corrected. o_o

#8525 2 years ago

http://vcfmw.org/#:~:text=will%20be%20held%20September%20%2C%202021,at%20Waterford%20Banquets%2C%20Elmhurst%2C%20IL

Cool event that was exploding in size pre-covid. Highly recommended. I'm gonna have a table of.... Stuff there this year.

#8526 2 years ago

Started my journey on a Commodore 64 with 300 baud modem. Thanks mom!!!

#8527 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Don't get me wrong. I LIKE the art, but overall I'm less hyped about it overall for the theme. I really don't know what it is, it just doesn't do it for me. Too much orange and brown and not enough black maybe...lol.

It's really close, but I would agree the Ultraman art package is superior. I love the backglass and cabinet on Halloween, but I'm a bit less impressed with the shot lines and blood targets. I just did a quick mock up where I just tried to remove the yellow / orange shot lines. I may play around a bit more, but I do think that's the main area that doesn't read to my eye. Still a great overall package though.

Halloween No Shotlines (resized).jpgHalloween No Shotlines (resized).jpg

EDIT: I don't know why, but it won't give me the option to remove the blood target. That was a way to early to share mock-up.

Blood Target (resized).pngBlood Target (resized).png
#8528 2 years ago
Quoted from Jackrabbt:

110 Baud Teletype KSR33 with an accoustic coupler. Connected to the university BBS and played Startrek!

Impressive. I remember a co-op game for the Amiga, it set up like a BBS to have the other player dial-in, there was a message window and you could start the game. It was some form of racing game, I can't remember the name. The first hard drive I had was a Seagate 63MB I had setup on the system.

#8529 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Man, that is pretty low, I was 11318 at 9:04 time stamp.

#8530 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

http://vcfmw.org/#:~:text=will%20be%20held%20September%20%2C%202021,at%20Waterford%20Banquets%2C%20Elmhurst%2C%20IL
Cool event that was exploding in size pre-covid. Highly recommended. I'm gonna have a table of.... Stuff there this year.

It is definitely a good time. I haven't been there since the first year they moved to the new location from the basement of the other building.

#8531 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

# 11386 for me!

11372 - Got it after about 20 refreshes just before the store was closed. 10:35AM Eastern time.

#8532 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Yep…game doesnt like it if you don’t. But it’s the same concept. But it doesn’t even have to pre-stage them on startup. No reason why the first shot to the subway (or wherever the stage is accessed) is just in normal play, then it becomes pre-staged for the rest of the game.

#8533 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Man, that is pretty low, I was 11318 at 9:04 time stamp.

timestamp on my email was 9:03.

#8534 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Yes it does.
I'm not testing or doing anything techy today at all. Mostly just hanging out and stealing parts.

Atmosphere must have been electric today.

#8535 2 years ago
Quoted from Jackrabbt:

11372 - Got it after about 20 refreshes just before the store was closed. 10:35AM Eastern time.

I was 10:45 EST and 11544.

#8536 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I had the mighty Timex Sinclair 1000 with the 16k upgrade module. Loaded everything from a tape deck. Wasnt much more powerful than a calculator, but had to start somewhere. Moved to a Commodore 64 after that and things were great!

#8537 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

I would have been close to that. My first submit payment attempt threw a SQL error and the second gave my the shipping method error. The third went through after I checked the copy the billing/shipping checkbox at 9:06am - 11347.

#8538 2 years ago

My mind has just been drifting all day on new Spooky horror titles. I hope one day (soon) they can release maybe 2/3 titles a year.

Let's just say you can chose one title right now for them to make. What would it be?

I'm still riding high on Halloween, and would like the pairing with its ugly duckling.

Halloween III: Season of the Witch

#8539 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Sounds like Triggers Broom..

#8540 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:timestamp on my email was 9:03.

9:04 and 313 here.

#8541 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

What’s the update today?

49D3720C-EAFF-4848-95FC-8640E0D12EA5 (resized).png49D3720C-EAFF-4848-95FC-8640E0D12EA5 (resized).png
#8542 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

It's really close, but I would agree the Ultraman art package is superior. I love the backglass and cabinet on Halloween, but I'm a bit less impressed with the shot lines and blood targets. I just did a quick mock up where I just tried to remove the yellow / orange shot lines. I may play around a bit more, but I do think that's the main area that doesn't read to my eye. Still a great overall package though.
[quoted image]
EDIT: I don't know why, but it won't give me the option to remove the blood target. That was a way to early to share mock-up.
[quoted image]

Changing the sky from orange to a grey blue would change the atmosphere to be less colorful.

#8543 2 years ago
Quoted from Jackrabbt:

The question is what number did Spook open up orders on that day. 2 days before launch, I bought a t-shirt from Spook and my order number was 11069. When I placed my Halloween order , my order number was 11792. 2 weeks ago, I ordered an Alice Cooper and my order number was 10571.

#8544 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Lemmings was a good one, the box art on Psygnosis was great and who can forget Obliterator!

Psygnosis games did have incredible art..

psy1 (resized).pngpsy1 (resized).png

..except when they lifted it from BOC albums...

psy2 (resized).pngpsy2 (resized).png

#8545 2 years ago

I'm a pesky millennial and my first computer was a 486. An IBM Aptiva I believe. I have a vague recollection of using DOS and Windows 3. I remember my mom killed it trying to install a 56k modem, so we bought one of those new fangled Windows 98 machines (another IBM, can't remember the model). My dad worked for the phone company and we were among the first houses in our city with an ADSL connection in 1999 or so. Just in time to teach my dad the joys of Napster and a CD burner.

#8546 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I had the mighty Timex Sinclair 1000 with the 16k upgrade module.

Whenever I see Sinclair I think of Dinosaurs the TV show... that would also make for a great pin Jurassic Park re-theme haha

31A8F8EF-322F-446E-8DC0-0FD35FC8E623 (resized).jpeg31A8F8EF-322F-446E-8DC0-0FD35FC8E623 (resized).jpeg
#8547 2 years ago
Quoted from Sixtieskid:

The question is what number did Spook open up orders on that day. 2 days before launch, I bought a t-shirt from Spook and my order number was 11069. When I placed my Halloween order , my order number was 11792. 2 weeks ago, I ordered an Alice Cooper and my order number was 10571.

Yea we learned during R&M that order numbers were not exactly a good indication.

#8548 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yea we learned during R&M that order numbers were not exactly a good indication.

A bunch of people put up their order number and time stamp and they were going in order so it is relatively accurate for the Spooky direct sales...

#8549 2 years ago

I wish someone would do an actual good version of Thunderbirds. Such a shame when a great theme gets pissed down the toilet. Almost happened with Alien but was resurrected. I can’t believe that hasn’t happened with Predator yet. But the Spooky treatment of Thunderbirds would be perfect.

#8550 2 years ago

Can someone please explain what a lifter is and how they work? What similar games have them?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Side Gig Studios
Toppers
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.
Other
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 73.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 49.99
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
There are 13,399 posts in this topic. You are on page 171 of 268.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/171?hl=ksp1138 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.