7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,399 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 268.
#8451 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Houses are ONLY $500k somewhere?!?! What magical fairy tale land do you live in?!

A magical land called Michigan, where you freeze your ass off buried in snow for 6 months a year!!!

#8452 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Houses are ONLY $500k somewhere?!?! What magical fairy tale land do you live in?!

Definitely not the land of California

#8453 2 years ago

That’s nuthin’...I bought my house two years ago for $200k and I’m like 20 mins away from the beach. RI for the win!

Quoted from Rarehero:

#8454 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

A magical land called Michigan, where you freeze your ass off buried in snow for 6 months a year!!!

Come down to FL we got houses on water below $400k and pinball machines galore

#8455 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

That's the plan, when the damn kids get grown!

#8456 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Where in Florida ? It’s a big state not sure what is defined as “water “

#8457 2 years ago

Rhode Island isn't a real place. It's fictional. Like Lilliput.

#8458 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

If anyone missed out or wants to pair the 'other' new Spooky release while supporting Project Pinball, here you go.
https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/ce-halloween-ultraman-spookypinballmachineraffle

Are you guys serious? You now have taken down RallyUp. Sorry for anyone looking to purchase a raffle ticket right now, but we hope to be back online soon. Ultraman and Michael Myers team up to destroy the Internet!

#8459 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Yeah, in these backwater towns where houses are under 200k you have to give up the good things in life like bumper to bumper traffic, people being hateful walking down the street, homeless everywhere, people flipping you off as they pass, Starbucks on every corner etc. It's not for everyone.

#8460 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

My house was 179k when I bought it. Now I get cash offers of 290k only 5 years later. But I'm fine where I'm at till my wife is done with medical school. Plus I really like the extra workshop on the property that keeps most of my games and projects that aren't house worthy.

#8461 2 years ago

And that’s exactly what we want you to think. It’s too small to hold outsiders.

Quoted from guitarded:

Rhode Island isn't a real place. It's fictional. Like Lilliput.

FB5CB307-667C-4663-8544-D5C0EFA857BD (resized).jpegFB5CB307-667C-4663-8544-D5C0EFA857BD (resized).jpeg
#8462 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yeah, in these backwater towns where houses are under 200k you have to give up the good things in life like bumper to bumper traffic, people being hateful walking down the street, homeless everywhere, people flipping you off as they pass, Starbucks on every corner etc. It's not for everyone.

And you can pay a visit to the Amana Colonies for some great beef jerky and fruit wines!

#8463 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

And that’s exactly what we want you to think. It’s too small to hold outsiders.
[quoted image]

I learned everything I know about Rhode Island from "Me, Myself, and Irene".

Oh, and Live PD

#8464 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

And you can pay a visit to the Amana Colonies for some great beef jerky and fruit wines!

Man I haven't been there since the Brickhaus closed!

#8465 2 years ago

Look what I am playing!

SUPER MONSTER JAPAN BATTLE!

PXL_20210708_182756254 (resized).jpgPXL_20210708_182756254 (resized).jpg
#8466 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Man I haven't been there since the Brickhaus closed!

It closed? That's too bad, it has been a long time since we've been out that way but always enjoyed our time there.

#8467 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Look what I am playing!
[quoted image]

Stream that, get on FB live

#8468 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Look what I am playing!
[quoted image]

Fuck, I should have bought both titles. Looks so sweet.

#8469 2 years ago

I really do like the asthetic of Ultraman more than the Halloween, even though I like Halloween better as a theme.

#8470 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Look what I am playing!
[quoted image]

Wtfff… one Didn’t know Ben Heck himself was here (big fan!) and two holy cow!!!!! How is it?!!

#8471 2 years ago

Really? Edmistons art package for Halloween is mind blowing. I think it might be one of the most gorgeous pins period. Can’t wait to see it in person.

Quoted from Zablon:

I really do like the asthetic of Ultraman more than the Halloween, even though I like Halloween better as a theme.

#8472 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Look what I am playing!
[quoted image]

benheck video or it didn’t happen

#8473 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Really? Edmistons art package for Halloween is mind blowing. I think it might be one of the most gorgeous pins period. Can’t wait to see it in person.

Don't get me wrong. I LIKE the art, but overall I'm less hyped about it overall for the theme. I really don't know what it is, it just doesn't do it for me. Too much orange and brown and not enough black maybe...lol.

#8474 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Dont tell him, we dont need him moving from Cali, and bringing "Cali Values" with him lol

J/K!

#8475 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

Are you guys serious? You now have taken down RallyUp. Sorry for anyone looking to purchase a raffle ticket right now, but we hope to be back online soon. Ultraman and Michael Myers team up to destroy the Internet!

And back online again. Thanks everyone!

https://projectpinball.rallyup.com/ce-halloween-ultraman-spookypinballmachineraffle/Campaign/Details

#8476 2 years ago

I jumped in. Don't expect to win, because I have this strange history of any raffle I enter I only win cutting boards (seriously), but it's for a good cause!

#8477 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Look what I am playing!
[quoted image]

Scooby Doo, were are you?

#8478 2 years ago

I dunno, is it fair Ben is flaunting that he's playing the game before having to buy it?

kidding.

#8479 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Wtfff… one Didn’t know Ben Heck himself was here (big fan!) and two holy cow!!!!! How is it?!!

He helped build it, I bet he thinks its pretty dang cool!

#8480 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

He helped build it, I bet he thinks its pretty dang cool!

Wow didn't know this! Does he work for Spooky or this was a one off? Sorry I missed this somewhere I guess.

#8481 2 years ago

Since we're still technically in the "next Spooky pin" thread, and we've been giving suggestions for the next future pin themes, here's mine:

No matter how popular or niche a theme is, what matters is the willingness and ability of the IP holder to collaborate with you to make the pin the best it can be. Looking at examples like your R&M, JJP's GnR, Stern's Deadpool and Mando, and from the looks of it your Halloween and Ultraman pins, having access to loads of assets, creative freedom, and involvement from the IP partner in the creative process clearly helps.

I'd rather have a themed pin that marginally interests me but is executed well, oozes its theme, and ties the theme to gameplay than a pin with a dream theme that plays generically with poor creative or is missing key assets.

#8482 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Look what I am playing!
[quoted image]

Video > picture

#8483 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

My house was 179k when I bought it. Now I get cash offers of 290k only 5 years later. But I'm fine where I'm at till my wife is done with medical school. Plus I really like the extra workshop on the property that keeps most of my games and projects that aren't house worthy.

I mean, it's all relative. My first house was 298 & I sold it for 509. Last year I sold my previous house for a stupid amount...but, I had to put that into another one lol...oh well, house prices suck here, but as long as they hold or go up decades from now, it's all good.

#8484 2 years ago

You know what's really frustrating about living on the West coast? No basements. It's ridiculously hard to find room for pinball machines without a basement.

#8485 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

I wasn't interested (lucky for me), but had friends whom were. A bit dissapointing really. I went in to bat for Spooky based on my past experiences, they proved me unjustified by the seems. Whatever!

Way late to this, but WTF, I watched the Spooky site closely after the initial problems, and it took over an hour for all the games to sell out, during which the site worked fine. You could have ordered on a fucking 33.6kbps modem with that amount of time. Don't blame Spooky for your inattentiveness and tin-cans and string internet.

#8486 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'm not sure it needs them, but very easy to add with some water slide decals. I cut these out as a .png for anyone interested.
[quoted image]

Looks too close to the masks in H3 Season of the Witch

#8487 2 years ago
Quoted from BrianJ1337:

Wow didn't know this! Does he work for Spooky or this was a one off? Sorry I missed this somewhere I guess.

I dont have all the details, but they built his AMH and they used him and his colleague's previous boards and other equipment in subsequent pins. These (2) pins use an all new board developed by Ben and the same colleague, called the Pinataur. So technically Ben is troubleshooting and testing, wink wink!

Correct me if I am wrong Ben!

#8488 2 years ago

Not that it matters at this point but does the beta capsule light up above the scoop on Ultraman like the pumpkin on Halloween? Didn't see it do so in the video.

#8489 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Not that it matters at this point but does the beta capsule light up above the scoop on Ultraman like the pumpkin on Halloween? Didn't see it do so in the video.

Yes it does.

I'm not testing or doing anything techy today at all. Mostly just hanging out and stealing parts.

#8490 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Way late to this, but WTF, I watched the Spooky site closely after the initial problems, and it took over an hour for all the games to sell out, during which the site worked fine. You could have ordered on a fucking 33.6kbps modem with that amount of time. Don't blame Spooky for your inattentiveness and tin-cans and string internet.

No kidding. I got FOMO, hit up a distro, bought the game through paypal, which I havent used in forever and had to update payment options. Went to Spooky, got into the fang club.

I had my game bought in less than 15 minutes from the time I first emailed PinballSTAR. Didnt need high-speed internet for any of it.

#8491 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I'm going to test your theory next release. Dusting off my old US Robotics 14.4 as we speak. Was quite the speed demon way back when.

#8492 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

I think the beta capsule is a 360 degree RGB flasher. Not 100% on that. Ben?

#8493 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Yes it does.
I'm not testing or doing anything techy today at all. Mostly just hanging out and stealing parts.

I saw people hyping up the red board that will be in the new game. Can you give us some insight on the board?

#8494 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I'm going to test your theory next release. Dusting off my old US Robotics 14.4 as we speak. Was quite the speed demon way back when.

Psshaw.. I remember watching the text scroll on my 300 baud modem and was AMAZED when I upgraded to a 1200 baud modem a couple years later! Once I got 2400 baud, I was living the dream! Man, I miss my C-64... lol

#8495 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Man..my first introduction to the internet was a 300baud talking over an 80 column printer to someone in germany. I just remember as cool as it was, it was a ton of wasted paper lol. I honestly don't recall WHY they were doing it over a printer, as i know the computer had a monitor.

#8496 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

Oh yeah, it was amazing as a kid each time we'd get to jump to a better speed. Never did 300bps much, had a joystick-port modem for Atari 800 but nowhere to connect. Got a PC and a 2400bps and started using it for BBSs and ARRH MATEY. Going to 9600 literally quadrupled the speed we could AVAST YE SCURVY SCUM. Buddy got a 14.4 but I waited for the big jump to 28.8. Unfortunately they hit the wall with analog over copper and our PREPARE TO BE BOARDED activities slowed down significantly til DSL was a thing.

#8497 2 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I started with Hayes Smartmodem 300 to USR HST 9600, I will stop there but let's say 14.4K means you were rocking it my friend.

#8498 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Oh yeah, it was amazing as a kid each time we'd get to jump to a better speed. Never did 300bps much, had a joystick-port modem for Atari 800 but nowhere to connect. Got a PC and a 2400bps and started using it for BBSs and ARRH MATEY. Going to 9600 literally quadrupled the speed we could AVAST YE SCURVY SCUM. Buddy got a 14.4 but I waited for the big jump to 28.8. Unfortunately they hit the wall with analog over copper and our PREPARE TO BE BOARDED activities slowed down significantly til DSL was a thing.

Ah man....Atari 800. Loved that thing. The town I lived in was long distance to everywhere so I was never allowed to get a modem for it

#8499 2 years ago

Spooky's new theme. Spooky's Online Nightmare. Make your way through the evolution of tech and the internet. Complete with Steve Jobs and Bill Gates bash toys.

#8500 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Ah man....Atari 800. Loved that thing. The town I lived in was long distance to everywhere so I was never allowed to get a modem for it

I got an Atari 800 hand me down from my cousins when they got an Apple. I had no idea it had a modem! I mostly used it to play Donkey Kong & Print Shop.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
NinjaCamp Mods
Other
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods
Shooter rods
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 300.00
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,399 posts in this topic. You are on page 170 of 268.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/170?hl=capn12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.