7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 269.
#751 2 years ago

You settle down.

Quoted from Billygrippo:

I knew someone would get offended
Settle down buddy

#752 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

There’s a guy on here who did a one-off...awesome looking pin! The rights are held by Disney so licensing seemed to kill any further development.

Yeah I saw it ! It’s in my wishlist haha

#753 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Gotcha, Chris! Hey, I hope you know there are no hard feelings on my end, and if I ever sounded critical it wasn't meant to be, I was trying to just relate my experience.
Creating FOMO is fraught with pitfalls on both sides! Imagine the chaos if they really tried enforcing the policy with distribs.

no hard feelings here. at the release of rick and morty i was still had a small enough (returning crowd) from previous spooky games as I felt they needed a little special treatment. with the next release, things will have to be different. i may have to update my business to more "cash on the glass" instead. i feel like it means something to the people that have been loyal to get a little special treatment, but at some point the amount of people out number the amount of games available, so I can see why spooky went the route they did.

All in all, I am more than happy to work with you whenever you want (and that goes for other people as well).

#754 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

no hard feelings here. at the release of rick and morty i was still had a small enough (returning crowd) from previous spooky games as I felt they needed a little special treatment. with the next release, things will have to be different. i may have to update my business to more "cash on the glass" instead. i feel like it means something to the people that have been loyal to get a little special treatment, but at some point the amount of people out number the amount of games available, so I can see why spooky went the route they did.
All in all, I am more than happy to work with you whenever you want (and that goes for other people as well).

I bought my first NIB from you (TNA) and it was a great experience. If it’s beetlejuice then it’s gonna be 2 NIB. Lol.

#755 2 years ago

I’m just not sure what kind of grown man feels it’s necessary to whine about Disney in a pinball forum. If you’re mad about the ending of ‘Frozen’ then join the Mickey Mouse club, put on your big boy pants and go change it from the inside.

Quoted from Billygrippo:

I knew someone would get offended
Settle down buddy

#756 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Spooky's next theme is confirmed to have three editions. I'm in for the Frenken Berry, which would be the equivalent to a Stern Premium. The pink armor on this machine really snap, crackle, and pops.
[quoted image]

Where did you hear/read about the 3 editions?

#757 2 years ago
Quoted from damadczar:

Where did you hear/read about the 3 editions?

What’s Spooky got against fruit brute?

09FA39A3-A049-4581-BF17-4FC4057465CF.jpeg09FA39A3-A049-4581-BF17-4FC4057465CF.jpeg
#758 2 years ago

Ya’ll are joking but I would 100% buy a pin based on spooky breakfast cereals. It’s probably the most “up my alley” idea I’ve heard in awhile.

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

[quoted image]

#759 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Spooky's next theme is confirmed to have three editions. I'm in for the Frenken Berry, which would be the equivalent to a Stern Premium. The pink armor on this machine really snap, crackle, and pops.
[quoted image]

Damn it man.... now I want some of that cereal!

#760 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:I’m just not sure what kind of grown man feels it’s necessary to whine about Disney in a pinball forum. If you’re mad about the ending of ‘Frozen’ then join the Mickey Mouse club, put on your big boy pants and go change it from the inside.

I thought I told you to settle down.

#761 2 years ago

Try harder, you ain’t my Daddy.

Quoted from Billygrippo:

I thought I told you to settle down.

#762 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Try harder, you ain’t my Daddy.

Try not to be so angry.....

Anyway, how’s your day going.....

#763 2 years ago

stacked and loaded / tango and cash / did anyone notice the spinning toppers when the poster on top started to show?

#764 2 years ago

Rocky Horror picture show ?

rocky (resized).jpgrocky (resized).jpg
#765 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Rocky Horror picture show ?
[quoted image]

I’m ready to do the time warp again

#766 2 years ago

Attack of the Remakes

Story goes Joe was fed up with all the really bad remakes of his favorite movies and went on an internet slandering spree. His hatred spread through the interwebs and manifested itself into a heinous beast that could only stutter movie one liners while it sought out and slaughtered the directors of those movies.

You, the player are Joe's heinous beast. You make your way through the numerous modes of horrible remakes enacting your revenge while mumbling things like "CGI isn't as good as practical effects" and "This should have been Rated R"

#767 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

[quoted image]

Oh geeze, that's five editions confirmed.

#768 2 years ago

Rocky Horror would be a great theme for Spooky honestly. I'll make a prediction... how about Universal Studios Classic Monsters. Wouldn't that be cool where you got all the clips from the original movies, and likeness of Bela Lugosi, Boris Karloff, Lon Chaney Jr, etc. I can see it now a black and white game with tints of green, and all the clips from the classic films. Please tell me this is the theme... my checkbook would be out and a blank check would be handed over.

FYI... Monster Bash isn't the same. I'm talking about the classic monsters and clips from the original black and white films.

#769 2 years ago

I think that one would be highly divisive (old school universal monsters). You are getting to the very edges of the age brackets with that. I personally would have no interest as I like more modern versions. But it would probably sell just fine. RHPS on the other hand, I bet it would sell out fast.

edited for clarification.

#770 2 years ago

I’m starting to think it’s Universal Classic Monsters. 1) Charlie’s shirt in the most recent video of him and bug. 2) the poster in the new video waking the half naked man on their FB. 3) the stuffed Dracula toy on the floor in the same video (if it’s not a prop, I guess the half naked man has a stuffed sleeping buddy . 4) the fang club Bela Lugosi stand up. Of course, I could be totally wrong...

#771 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I’m starting to think it’s Universal Classic Monsters. 1) Charlie’s shirt in the most recent video of him and bug. 2) the poster in the new video waking the half naked man on their FB. 3) the stuffed Dracula toy on the floor in the same video (if it’s not a prop, I guess the half naked man has a stuffed sleeping buddy . 4) the fang club Bela Lugosi stand up. Of course, I could be totally wrong...

I actually was thinking this when they first announced the swag stuff. I was trying to think back to R&M and none of the swag had to do with that though, but it would make sense for it to match.

#772 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I wouldn't read too much into any of that stuff. Charlie lives the "spooky lifestyle". If he wanted to clear away horror references he would have to clean, redecorate, and get a new wardrobe.

#773 2 years ago

I’m a huge tim burton fan. I’d dig a Tim burton pinball vs any specific movie pinball. Why settle for one.

I would include this somehow...

#774 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I wouldn't read too much into any of that stuff. Charlie lives the "spooky lifestyle". If he wanted to clear away horror references he would have to redecorate and get a new wardrobe.

True. But guessing gives me something to do while I wait for the official announcement. I’m sure Spooky has a blast with putting clues out there (false or not) and then watching pinside spin.

#775 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

True. But guessing gives me something to do while I wait for the official announcement. I’m sure Spooky has a blast with putting clues out there (false or not) and then watching pinside spin.

I agree with your first statement, but I'm not sure Spooky needs to put out any clues. Pinside is going to spin everything regardless of their being zero actual clues.

#776 2 years ago

I'd give all of my money for a Shaun of the Dead or Scott Pilgrim Vs the World pin, anyone else?

#777 2 years ago

That panda thing in post 681 seems significant. Can't imagine what else a panda could mean. Well, except that production was moving to China, and it ain't that!

Edit: Charlie referenced a "Mr. Panda" in a post two years ago, so there goes that theory... Note I'm not up on my Spooky lore, never listened to the podcast, etc.

#778 2 years ago

Just saw Mandalorian, which means I’ll be completely filling up the accessories card on my Spooky order haha. Game looks like Motordome and Sega’s Twister had a baby. No thanks.

#779 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

That panda thing in post 681 seems significant. Can't imagine what else a panda could mean. Well, except that production was moving to China, and it ain't that!
Edit: Charlie referenced a "Mr. Panda" in a post two years ago, so there goes that theory... Note I'm not up on my Spooky lore, never listened to the podcast, etc.

I think the time to make a Kung Fu Panda pin is past....although I wouldn't mind a Tenacious D pin.

EDIT: well..maybe not...Kung Fu Panda 4 is due out next year....but still pretty sure this isn't it lol.

#780 2 years ago
Quoted from TylerJac:

I'd give all of my money for a Shaun of the Dead or Scott Pilgrim Vs the World pin, anyone else?

Scott Pilgrim seems like it could work quite well. I know comics have been overdone at this point, but I really enjoy the Deadpool rules where you're battling the villains. Sounds similar to the evil exes.

#781 2 years ago

Scott Pilgrim would be amazing. Near perfect modern theme for a pin.

Quoted from lpeters82:

Scott Pilgrim seems like it could work quite well. I know comics have been overdone at this point, but I really enjoy the Deadpool rules where you're battling the villains. Sounds similar to the evil exes.

#782 2 years ago

I think it would work really well, but I'm guessing the theme has zero appeal to 90% of the population. That said, "We are Sex Bob-omb One Two Three Four!" ball multiball would be cool to me.

#783 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I think it would work really well, but I'm guessing the theme has zero appeal to 90% of the population. That said, "We are Sex Bob-omb One Two Three Four!" ball multiball would be cool to me.

That's why it'd be great for spooky, Low production batch(500-1000) that I could near guarantee an instant sell out

#784 2 years ago

Reckon they could or would do a Scooby Doo the liscening much more $$$ then the rick an Morty, Scooby-Doo is been around lot longer an big films an merchandise so all that would come into play right ?

Love Scooby Doo deffs in a "mysterious" edition packed if they making it

#785 2 years ago

Any idea when we can we expect a reveal?

#786 2 years ago

June

Quoted from Tiki-Ed:

Any idea when we can we expect a reveal?

#787 2 years ago

Hopefully hear something beginning of June after Sterns Mando hype has died down.
Getting excited now, I want me some Egg Shens 6 demon bag, 6 ball Multiball.

925C0CD9-9864-4C57-9697-ECEF73F7BD81 (resized).jpeg925C0CD9-9864-4C57-9697-ECEF73F7BD81 (resized).jpeg
#788 2 years ago

With Sterns Madalorian dropping today and Spooky finishing out production in their promised 18 months with the last pins rolling out the door in the next 45 days (guess) I think the next Spooky reveal is rapidly approaching.

I would be shocked if we did not have a new game reveal by July 4th.

With that said, I fully expect the next Spooky game to sell out day 1. With G&R CE selling out instantly and Mandalorian LEs selling out before they were even publically revealed, I forsee getting the next Spooky pin being like trying to get Comic Con tickets:

#789 2 years ago
Quoted from oneballjab:

Hopefully hear something beginning of June after Sterns Mando hype has died down.
Getting excited now, I want me some Egg Shens 6 demon bag, 6 ball Multiball.
[quoted image]

Three storms, three wizard modes.
Lo pan final boss-fight wizard mode.

The movie is made to be a pinball game.

#790 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

With Sterns Madalorian dropping today and Spooky finishing out production in their promised 18 months with the last pins rolling out the door in the next 45 days (guess) I think the next Spooky reveal is rapidly approaching.
I would be shocked if we did not have a new game reveal by July 4th.
With that said, I fully expect the next Spooky game to sell out day 1. With G&R CE selling out instantly and Mandalorian LEs selling out before they were even publically revealed, I forsee getting the next Spooky pin being like trying to get Comic Con tickets:

Already have a check written and waiting for PinballSTAR

#791 2 years ago

LTG : )

ZL (resized).jpgZL (resized).jpg
#792 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

[quoted image]

I can dig this!

#793 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

[quoted image]

That would be *sick*. So many one-liners. Best pinball theme idea I've heard in ages.

#794 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Dunno. It has a STACKED cast that now have pretty huge fan bases individually that could drive demand. And it's a great movie. I personally would love to see a Scott Pilgrim pin.

#795 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Dunno. It has a STACKED cast that now have pretty huge fan bases individually that could drive demand. And it's a great movie. I personally would love to see a Scott Pilgrim pin.

I don't think you need to use the movie at all.

Zombieland could be super cool. That was my pick for a zombie theme above The Walking Dead, which has always been a character drama.

#796 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I don't think you need to use the movie at all.

The Scott Pilgrim movie has the best chance of pulling in the attention to make it a success. The game was really cool, too, but the appeal is much more niche than even the movie, so it's a slice of a slice - reducing success upside before you start.

#797 2 years ago

Shit. I'm not much of a horror guy, I mean, I like it in general, but it's not an instant-buy situation at all for me. But a well done Zombieland pin... that could be real trouble for my pocketbook.

#798 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Ya’ll are joking but I would 100% buy a pin based on spooky breakfast cereals. It’s probably the most “up my alley” idea I’ve heard in awhile.

I got this T shirt last year. I remember mailing in UPC codes cut off the cereal boxes as a child to get the puffy stickers and trick or treat bag. It definitely has potential for a great pin theme.

66E9A80F-EBD9-41FE-8B33-8D5C73D08E2C (resized).jpeg66E9A80F-EBD9-41FE-8B33-8D5C73D08E2C (resized).jpeg
#799 2 years ago

Here are a few other guesses considering Charlie was wearing a Bela Lugosi shirt...

If not Universal Studios Monsters, which keep in mind Universal is currently making a theme park section for... how about this guess.

What if he's really saying its Dracula but not the classic ones? What if it was Van Helsing the Universal remake of all the classic monsters. That movie had Frankenstein, Dracula, Hyde, Wolfman and its modern. Another guess would be Universal's 'The Mummy' both Mummy and Van Helsing made from the same filmmaker.

I'm starting to think the theme involves Universal Studios and it centers around their Monsterverse.

People have hinted at Texas Chainsaw but c'mon that theme is really not that popular. None of the movies really made a lot of money. The first one made money because it was made for nothing. Those movies are for hardcore fans, where as Friday the 13th, Halloween, Freddy all are the bigger draws. Why do Texas Chainsaw the fanbase for that franchise is limited. Universal Classic Monsters is massive in the collectable market whereas I can't say the same for TCM.

I'm narrowing in on Universal Studios.

Also keep in mind and this isn't a shot at Spooky, but they're not masters of creating from scratch CGI FX for the screen. JJP is clearly the best there... the point here is you have to pick a theme where you can get a lot of assets to fill the screen. Whatever movie they're taking on they have to have assets. With Universal they now have the licensing rights to Bela Lugosi, Boris whereas when Monster Bash was made they did not.

Some films based on the stars have contracts where studios don't have those rights, and it complicates making a pinball game with assets... just look at all the recent stern games. All the Texas Chainsaw movies would have full access to assets, and so would Bill and Teds Excellent Adventure for example.

Zombieland not so sure, Unversal's original movies 110%.

I think that should narrow down the theme.
Zombieland as someone pointed out would be cool, hip and contemporary but the sequel bombed. I don't know there.

#800 2 years ago

Depends on if they are looking at something old or modern. R&M was refreshingly modern for a pinball machine. Sure there are some properties that are old /long running modern (like TWD) but you do have limited timeframes those things are viable. While Zombieland could be a good pin....does it really have a cult following like Evil Dead or Beetlejuice, etc have? I would like to see them continue with more modern themes, but I think in discussing them you'd be hard pressed to get a consensus about what is popular beyond comic book movies.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

9,699 (OBO)
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/16?hl=mizzou0103 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.