7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 269.
#8351 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We got all original music and video!
We also got a Loomis sound alike.
Custom Pj Soles callouts.
And custom music that is really really cool for modes.

Outstanding.. really love what you are doing!

#8352 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We got all original music and video!

This is great. Hoping for some good clips of PJ Soles....clean ones of course.....

#8353 2 years ago

Spookyluke's enthusiasm is contagious and every time he goes into more detail, it gets me more jazzed about this game. I have a feeling that the game play, call-outs and overall theme integration are going to blow people away. My gut is telling me this game will be special and most important-fun. I am excited!

#8354 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Dude.. stop the hate on Stern. Its comments like this that derail the pinball hobby. This thread is celebrating Spooky, let's stick with that.

There is no hate just experience.
But you are right: SPOOKY horray !!!!

#8355 2 years ago

I'm very excited for this. I just hope this additional music doesn't 'heavy metal' the game up too much. Halloween is a theme built on suspense and tension, and I've always felt that the wrong music can cheapen the best scenes in a horror movie.

#8356 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

I'm very excited for this. I just hope this additional music doesn't 'heavy metal' the game up too much. Halloween is a theme built on suspense and tension, and I've always felt that the wrong music can cheapen the best scenes in a horror movie.

Agree 1000%

#8357 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

No way to pre stage them but after the first ball has been shot into each they would be staged. With this being such a high volume request I am going to do some work Monday to see how we can optimize the speed of the return.

Except that you'd need to be returning that ball to the flipper, in theory.....unless you have modes start at the plunger (Which kills any benefit of staging them anyways), or something. Even then, that's not going to be a guaranteed staged ball for all gameplay, and the inconsistency of return speed I could see being WAY more frustrating than it just being a tiny bit slower all the time. It would certainly keep players on their toes though.

I can't see any logical way that balls could be staged there consistently. The game needs to be able to load them between games, otherwise you're always going to either be short a ball, or have a surplus of balls in the game. There's no other way to "stage" anything other than if a ball is locked in the lifter through normal gameplay.... I.E. you could get multiballs rolling faster, that way, but not general gameplay.

I mean, I'll be happy to advocate for your Genius Coder Award if you figure something out that works!

#8358 2 years ago

Could they just add some extra balls to the subway trough as part of initial setup and they never fully empty during gameplay? It'd probably need some extra optos though to avoid getting too confused about where all the balls are.

#8359 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Except that you'd need to be returning that ball to the flipper, in theory.....unless you have modes start at the plunger, or something. Even then, that's not going to be a guaranteed staged ball for all gameplay, and the inconsistency of return speed I could see being WAY more frustrating than it just being a tiny bit slower all the time. It would certainly keep players on their toes though.
I can't see any logical way that balls could be staged there consistently. The game needs to be able to load them between games, otherwise you're always going to either be short a ball, or have a surplus of balls in the game. There's no other way to "stage" anything other than if a ball is locked in the lifter through normal gameplay.... I.E. you could get multiballs rolling faster, that way, but not general gameplay.
I mean, I'll be happy to advocate for your Genius Coder Award if you figure something out that works!

I believe Luke was alluding to the first ball the player shoots into the subway - right or left - becomes the staged ball for that lane. Then a ball gets served to the shooter lane and *~< ta-da>~* now you have instant recycle a’la Rick and Morty.

#8360 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Could they just add some extra balls to the subway trough as part of initial setup and they never fully empty during gameplay? It'd probably need some extra optos though to avoid getting too confused about where all the balls are.

If after 2 years of development, this is still a question, I'd be concerned. I'm sure they have it all figured out.

#8361 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

now you have instant recycle a’la Rick and Morty.

Where's my balls?

#8362 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Where's my balls?

Check your drawers.

#8363 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:We got all original music and video!

Mildly concerned about the loomis soundalike - it cheapens the experience In my opinion. Would rather you guys just used sound clips from the movie as I could tell right away it wasn't him in the promo.

#8364 2 years ago

A little birdie just informed me that Halloween will be at the Allentown Pinfest show on 7/30 and 7/31! This is great news!

#8365 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Except that you'd need to be returning that ball to the flipper, in theory.....unless you have modes start at the plunger (Which kills any benefit of staging them anyways), or something.

I think each hedge it's more like a lock for multiball: lock ball 1, plunge a new ball, lock ball 2, plunge a new ball, lock ball 3, start multiball. Where I think the speed can be optimized would be when you hit a hedge lock that's already been collected. Since there is theoretically already a ball staged at that point it could should be returned to the playfield as quickly as possible.

#8366 2 years ago
Quoted from djreddog:

A little birdie just informed me that Halloween will be at the Allentown Pinfest show on 7/30 and 7/31! This is great news!

Can't wait to try it!

I'll be bringing my Rick and Morty to Freeplay as well (not for sale) for anyone who wants to try it too!

#8367 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I can only speak for myself, but I bought it because I thought it looked completely unique and it would fit well within my collection. I also bought it because I trust Spooky will deliver a great game as I’m a huge fan of their last three releases and own two of them. I also bought one because when I picked up my ACNC Charlie asked my brother and I if we wanted to play a few games on the R and M prototype while we were there and he played with us. On a day the shop was closed.
Edit to add that I forgot to mention Charlie, Luke, KT..and now Bug and DJ jumping into the fire that a lot of these threads are and showing themselves and engaging the nutjobs (myself included) in this hobby and helping us.

Nailed it.

#8368 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

No way to pre stage them but after the first ball has been shot into each they would be staged. With this being such a high volume request I am going to do some work Monday to see how we can optimize the speed of the return.

Only pin I've seen that could pre-stage the balls was STTNG. But your method of staging on the fly (adding a new ball from the shooter lane when necessary) works fine. Really glad to hear that the lifters will be staged for faster flow (like R&M)!

#8369 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:I think each hedge it's more like a lock for multiball: lock ball 1, plunge a new ball, lock ball 2, plunge a new ball, lock ball 3, start multiball. Where I think the speed can be optimized would be when you hit a hedge lock that's already been collected. Since there is theoretically already a ball staged at that point it could should be returned to the playfield as quickly as possible.

Yes, but this leads to inconsistent speed of return to the flippers. Personally, for me, the variability would drive me NUTS. I much prefer consistency over a tiny flow improvement. Irregular return times makes it much harder to focus on shots during multiball, and this game is (presumably) going to already have a LOT going on in multiballs with 3 playfields to manage. It's going to be chaos, and I can't wait to see how they implement those.

#8370 2 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

You are wrong, it´s not like they don’t care - they don’t care at all!

I haven't had to call them in a while and maybe things have changed but they have always taken care of me. Sent me parts after warranty etc - maybe it is how I talk to them. That being said, I am excited for my 1st Spooky and supporting all pinball vendors.

#8371 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Only pin I've seen that could pre-stage the balls was STTNG. But your method of staging on the fly (adding a new ball from the shooter lane when necessary) works fine. Really glad to hear that the lifters will be staged for faster flow (like R&M)!

A13 and IJ4 prestage balls for the ark multiball and the gimmick 13 ball mb.

#8372 2 years ago

Awesome guys. I heard through the podcast that the IP holder had them ensure it felt very Halloween, even requiring multiple revisions to make it fit so I’m confident it will fit well.

Super pumped that all the original music is in there Bc although the theme is amazing, so are the other tunes that play throughout the movie

Gameplay gameplay gameplay - hopefully soon

#8373 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

A13 and IJ4 prestage balls for the ark multiball and the gimmick 13 ball mb.

Also TZ prestages balls during gameplay, when you get lost in the zone of course.

#8374 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Also TZ prestages balls during gameplay, when you get lost in the zone of course.

STTNG pre-stages two balls at the start of a game, which can be really confusing to a new player. But typically it's only necessary after Final Frontier MB.

#8375 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Mildly concerned about the loomis soundalike - it cheapens the experience In my opinion. Would rather you guys just used sound clips from the movie as I could tell right away it wasn't him in the promo.

Echoing this sentiment, but he's dead so what can ya do besides pull from the source material. AI learning Loomis maybe?

#8376 2 years ago

Hoping for adult mode as in past spooky games.

#8377 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

Echoing this sentiment, but he's dead so what can ya do besides pull from the source material. AI learning Loomis maybe?

As I mentioned earlier somewhere, if you actually pay attention to the movies Loomis doesn't say that much, but he yells 'MICHAEL!" a lot. Doesn't leave a lot of room for using existing assets for callouts.

#8378 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I think this would be great, really get that flow going. I say this without every seeing or playing it

Love how you interact with us on here and try an make things better!

#8379 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

As I mentioned earlier somewhere, if you actually pay attention to the movies Loomis doesn't say that much, but he yells 'MICHAEL!" a lot. Doesn't leave a lot of room for using existing assets for callouts.

He says plenty, don't be so condescending mansplaining Loomis. Could also leverage his audio from Halloween II, IV, V as well.

#8380 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

He says plenty, don't be so condescending mansplaining Loomis. Could also leverage his audio from Halloween II, IV, V as well.

The game is based off the first movie. Not only does pulling quotes from other movies not fit the theme of the first movie but you also would need additional licensing to pull that off. (not mansplaining)

#8381 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

The game is based off the first movie. Not only does pulling quotes from other movies not fit the theme of the first movie but you also would need additional licensing to pull that off. (not mansplaining)

Bah! Ok, ok, alright. You win!

#8382 2 years ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I expect all loomis speech to be custom from the stand in. I just hope it doesn’t sound too off but I have a feeling it will be fine

#8383 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

mansplaining Loomis.

tenor (resized).pngtenor (resized).png
#8384 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

[quoted image]

I used it once. The meme implies I have used it more than once, which I have not. You are incorrectly meme'ing.

#8385 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

BSD pre-stages the Mist ball.

#8386 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

I used it once. The meme implies I have used it more than once, which I have not. You are incorrectly meme'ing.

Once is too much.

#8387 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

mansplaining Loomis. .

The use of this here raises some questions. lol.

#8388 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

Most wont notice. Like me. Not a concern to most. Like me. Sounded pretty close from what i recall.

#8389 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

It’s not that hard to be “in the loop” now a days. It’s not like Pinside is a secret club. I am involved in a number of other hobbies and I always research forum groups to find out what I need. If you are not up to date with your passion, you snooze you lose.

Very true. I'm a Pinside member and a pinball fanatic, and yet I learned about this machine through my Google News feed - in plenty of time to buy one as part of the launch.

I have had a MUCH harder time securing a PS5 (took 4 months) and an Xbox Series X (TBD).

#8390 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Most wont notice. Like me. Not a concern to most. Like me. Sounded pretty close from what i recall.

You're like me!

#8391 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The use of this here raises some questions. lol.

Haha guys very funny. Keep making fun of me to validate whatever. I’m still excited for my Halloween machine, with or without fake Loomis.

#8392 2 years ago

I cant wait to get my machine, the day it comes, Im also going to buy a couple of those fun size candy bar bags from Costco and eat the entire thing while I play. So excited.

#8393 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

Yeah, okay. That's not any more wrong than what you did using the term "mansplain" lol

#8394 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

Haha guys very funny. Keep making fun of me to validate whatever. I’m still excited for my Halloween machine, with or without fake Loomis.

It's only funny if you are a guy using it. I assume everyone is a guy until proven otherwise. If you are a female on the internet using it, you shouldn't assume anyone knows you are a female and that they are 'mansplaining' to you.

#8395 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Yeah, okay. That's not any more wrong than what you did using the term "mansplain" lol

Mansplain mansplaining to me. I’ve now used it (3) times total on pinside.

#8396 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I cant wait to get my machine, the day it comes, Im also going to buy a couple of those fun size candy bar bags from Costco and eat the entire thing while I play. So excited.

The individually wrapped Mini Almond Cakes from Costco are LIT. Just sayin.

#8397 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

And I may have to sell the candy and coke machine to pay for my Halloween pin when its it's ready.

20210402_101708 (resized).jpg20210402_101708 (resized).jpg
#8398 2 years ago

Just came in the mail. In celebration of my dream theme pinball. Thanks Spooky.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8399 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

Mansplain mansplaining to me. I’ve now used it (3) times total on pinside.

So are you male or female? Not that I really care, I'm just trying to understand your position and choice of words.

You've already quite clearly indicated that you're just going to hide behind the word instead of having a rational conversation regardless, so I guess it doesn't matter what you answer, or if you do.

#8400 2 years ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

And I may have to sell the candy and coke machine to pay for my Halloween pin when its it's ready.
[quoted image]

Where u live, Ill take those off your hands! Me want fresh candy.
But they better come stocked

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 49.99
$ 13,500.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 168 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/168 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.