7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 269.
#8301 2 years ago

Giallo! Plēz... I’ll take Suspiria, Bird with the Crystal plumage and Deep Red. OR an Argento best of pin!

Quoted from Yoreland:

Italian 60's Horror

AE93663B-5B25-4FBC-ABE0-8AE27C28C5A1 (resized).jpegAE93663B-5B25-4FBC-ABE0-8AE27C28C5A1 (resized).jpeg
#8302 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

And why is Ben not telling us all about his new board and the improvements it makes to the game?

Cuz he’s probably conking out with the Emery clan. Can only imagine they’ll sleep like the dead tonight. ‘Pleasance’ dreams…

#8303 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

How is this game sold out and we have not seen any gameplay at all

Because:

1. We love Spoopy

2. These are themes combined with FOMO that drive passion to buy.

#8304 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I can only speak for myself, but I bought it because I thought it looked completely unique and it would fit well within my collection. I also bought it because I trust Spooky will deliver a great game as I’m a huge fan of their last three releases and own two of them. I also bought one because when I picked up my ACNC Charlie asked my brother and I if we wanted to play a few games on the R and M prototype while we were there and he played with us. On a day the shop was closed.

Edit to add that I forgot to mention Charlie, Luke, KT..and now Bug and DJ jumping into the fire that a lot of these threads are and showing themselves and engaging the nutjobs (myself included) in this hobby and helping us.

#8305 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Some questions about the upper playfields...
-What shots go to the upper playfields?
-Do they always go to the playfield, or is there a diverter that will sometimes keep it on the main playfield (if not qualified).
-Are there any VUK's that go to the upper playfield (or 2nd to 3rd), or all from ramp shots?
-Can you go from 2nd to 3rd playfield? Or vice versa?
And a separate question, what's going on in the right inlane? It looks like there is a subway return ramp, but what happens when the ball rolls down the inlane normally (as isn't there a hole there)?

So the center ramp is an inverse ramp that goes through the back board and back out on top the very top upper. At that point there is a diverter that sends the ball down a balcony and onto the left habitrail all the way back to the left inlane if the top playfield is not qualified. Or if the top playfield is open it diverts it to the right into upper play. Both inlanes have lifter mechs that give a nice smooth feed to the flipper from a subway underneath. The 1st upper playfield on the right is fed by another inverse ramp 180° ramp located between the right scoop and center ramp. This ramp is both front hand and back hand shoot able. The upper has a lighted smart drop with a VUK scoop behind it that can also be used as a ball lock. Also on the top right there is a Gobble hole shot that drops the ball into the right orbit. Also there are 2 drain Gobble holes at the bottom. 1 drops the ball into the shooter lane. 1 drops the ball into the right subway that returns to the right inlane lifter. Both playfields can only be separately fed by their corresponding ramp.

#8306 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

So the center ramp is an inverse ramp that goes through the back board and back out on top the very top upper. At that point there is a diverter that sends the ball down a balcony and onto the left habitrail all the way back to the left inlane if the top playfield is not qualified. Or if the top playfield is open it diverts it to the right into upper play. Both inlanes have lifter mechs that give a nice smooth feed to the flipper from a subway underneath. The 1st upper playfield on the right is fed by another inverse ramp 180° ramp located between the right scoop and center ramp. This ramp is both front hand and back hand shoot able. The upper has a lighted smart drop with a VUK scoop behind it that can also be used as a ball lock. Also on the top right there is a Gobble hole shot that drops the ball into the right orbit. Also there are 2 drain Gobble holes at the bottom. 1 drops the ball into the shooter lane. 1 drops the ball into the right subway that returns to the right inlane lifter. Both playfields can only be separately fed by their corresponding ramp. Also note the very top upper play drains into a Gobble hole that lands the ball on the other upper playfield below it.

#8307 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I’m pretty sure there is a distributor in Australia you could have contacted if you were interested. I went through the Canadian distributor to get mine, not Spooky. A phone call probably would work if internet is a problem.

No.

Spooky response for an Australian inquiry was "order through the online store".

Meaning the alternative to that not being successful becomes to buy from an Overseas Distributor.

Would you be satisfied with that if it was you with virtually no other choices, and praying for your crummy overloaded satelite internet to be functioning tonight?

Thank you very much.

I wasn't interested (lucky for me), but had friends whom were. A bit dissapointing really. I went in to bat for Spooky based on my past experiences, they proved me unjustified by the seems. Whatever!

#8308 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Nightmare on Elm st

Has been done

#8309 2 years ago

Not by spooky

#8310 2 years ago

You sound oddly upset for someone who was not interested

Quoted from razorsedge:

No.
Meaning the alternative to that not being successful becomes to buy from an Overseas Distributor.
Would you be satisfied with that if it was you with virtually no other choices, and praying for your crummy overloaded satelite internet to be functioning tonight?
Thank you very much.
I wasn't interested (lucky for me), but had friends whom were. A bit dissapointing really. I went in to bat for spooky and they proved me wrong. Whatever!

#8311 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

You sound oddly upset for someone who was not interested

They are called friends, mate.

You know anything about those or just making assumptions and judgements?

#8312 2 years ago

Do the Inlane lifters have balls staged for quick release? It sounded like it from the previous posts but not entirely sure?

#8313 2 years ago

Was that a typo or did you know that was actually a thing?

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/spoopy

fc6 (resized).jpgfc6 (resized).jpg
#8314 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

They are called friends, mate.
You know anything about those or just making assumptions and judgements?

so spooky should accommodate everyone then. So lets have around 100 releases. 1 for every timezone, so there is 24 releases. But now the people that work 2nd or 3rd shift will complain, so we can do 3 releases per day to accommodate them. Then there are the guys that get high all day and only want to order at 420, so lets accommodate them to.

In other words, you cant please everyone. Its a company that did a release at the beginning of the work day of where they are located at. They did great. Were there hiccups, sure, but they tried their best to work through it.

Be positive, be happy that you had an opportunity to buy a game (even if the time was inconvenient) and also that you are able to consider buying an expensive toy. There are many more things to be positive about instead of the negativity

#8315 2 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Do the Inlane lifters have balls staged for quick release? It sounded like it from the previous posts but not entirely sure?

Both subways are considered physical locks in the wizard modes, so I assume they both can hold balls, however there is no way for the game to stage a ball into the subways at the start of a game.

#8316 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

Could they have gone through the NZ distro??

No bullshit ... I had 2 aussies messaging me at 2am this morning. (NZ time)

Luckily I was actually awake, or I would have been mighty pissed. Haha!

They we freaking out about the web store orders ... they got sorted in the end.

rd

#8317 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

No.
Thank you very much.
I wasn't interested (lucky for me), but had friends whom were. A bit dissapointing really. I went in to bat for Spooky based on my past experiences, they proved me unjustified by the seems. Whatever!

Sorry what’s your issue? Your internet sucks so you want spooky to provide you with a different ordering mechanism? What about people they don’t have internet at all? Are they being screwed too?

#8318 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Both subways are considered physical locks in the wizard modes, so I assume they both can hold balls, however there is no way for the game to stage a ball into the subways at the start of a game.

Interesting. I kinda thought it would be like the Rick and Morty system

#8319 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

I’m starting to think that some people in this hobby just like to bitch about things

You only just figured that out?

Some people are never happy. Glass totally empty.

Makes you wonder how they live day to day.

rd

#8320 2 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Nothing on there is replaceable by me, that's a givin. Are those the coil driver transistors?

Yes.....and they're easily solderable by hand....those things are huge compared to most smt components...

#8321 2 years ago

Interesting. I kinda thought it would be like the Rick and Morty system

The balls will roll quickly though the subway, but it's not going to be a virtual orbit like Rick & Morty. When starting hedge mode you shoot the hedge, watch Michael pop out, and then the ball is released into the inlane. For me the unique inlanes returns were a major selling feature. They remind me of a pitch and bat game and I hope they find fun ways of using them.

#8322 2 years ago

How about Buffy The Vampire Slayer? They used to film by my house. Heck, if Spooky does Buffy next I would buy 2.

3932213484_489c70a51c_z (resized).jpg3932213484_489c70a51c_z (resized).jpg
#8323 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

*Two themes you would never seen done by others

*More game for your money....stacked and loaded

*Top notch customer service and the best playfields in the business

*Family company and they care a lot

#8324 2 years ago

Man. Spooky had a 2 million dollar day. Couldn’t have happened to better people.

#8325 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

No bullshit ... I had 2 aussies messaging me at 2am this morning. (NZ time)
Luckily I was actually awake, or I would have been mighty pissed. Haha!
They we freaking out about the web store orders ... they got sorted in the end.
rd

O now your awake early in the morning. Lol

I was online watching and reading the thread. I should have text to join the party.

Lucky we have an on to it guy in NZ

#8326 2 years ago

What I would like to see on future sales days is more of a tiered system with loyalty dividends. It would probably help with server loads as well but something like this…

9AM…. Fang Club + previous direct buyers - limit 2

10AM… Fang Club only - limit 2

11AM… All others - limit 2

You get the idea. Not a big fan of this “LeMans start” thing.

$0.02

#8328 2 years ago

I was lucky enough to get in on a Halloween here in the USA. But it was hard because of crazy demand and Internet overload even in the USA, let alone Australia. They do have a really good market for pinball machines in Australia. Maybe they need another distributor over there, or some way for the Australia to get a fair chance to get one.

#8329 2 years ago

Nitro Pinball apparently there is many left.

Screenshot_20210708-193313 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210708-193313 (resized).png
#8330 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

*Two themes you would never seen done by others
*More game for your money....stacked and loaded
*Top notch customer service and the best playfields in the business
*Family company and they care a lot

I feel more comfortable buying my first Spooky game. The treatment I am getting from Stern these days is like they don’t care.

#8331 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

What I would like to see on future sales days is more of a tiered system with loyalty dividends. It would probably help with server loads as well but something like this…
9AM…. Fang Club + previous direct buyers - limit 2
10AM… Fang Club only - limit 2
11AM… All others - limit 2
You get the idea. Not a big fan of this “LeMans start” thing.
$0.02

Logistically that a challenge. Just limit 1 game per membership on day 1. Then open it up on day 2 with no limit to members.
b
The whole thing was run poorly. Store crashing etc.,

It may have made sense to put one on sale before the other. Also, the sale should have opened at lunch time in one time zone.

Love Spooky though anyone who thinks this was run well is not in agreement with me. That's okay as there is a lot of room for improvement.

Plus you guys just sent a big message to the others. We do not need gameplay footage.

#8332 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Logistically that a challenge. Just limit 1 game per membership on day 1. Then open it up on day 2 with no limit to members.

I totally understand the complications with my method above but it’s a better starting point than the race for the door that was the last few Spooky sale days. I just feel like there should be some loyalty to return buyers on top of Fang Club members. I would be interested to hear how many club members joined the day before going live.

Your idea makes sense too. Bottom line is there is some room for improvement.

#8333 2 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

How about Buffy The Vampire Slayer? They used to film by my house. Heck, if Spooky does Buffy next I would buy 2.[quoted image]

That is probably my ultimate dream theme. I'd sell something out of the collection to make room for that one if I had to.

#8334 2 years ago

So what's next for Spooky in 2022? My money is on an Army of Darkness/ Scooby Do Combo.

#8335 2 years ago

Some of Soooky web cameras managed to capture the online shopping experience at 9AM... ran right to the kitchen section I knew I’d find Michael looking at the knives.

434BBCEA-6F84-4CDB-B618-A743592A33A4.gif434BBCEA-6F84-4CDB-B618-A743592A33A4.gifC222EBB4-8B7C-47D7-82B9-C94549AA6DDF.gifC222EBB4-8B7C-47D7-82B9-C94549AA6DDF.gifDA678082-92C8-44E1-8A6F-08BBAF78DC77.gifDA678082-92C8-44E1-8A6F-08BBAF78DC77.gif

#8336 2 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Plus you guys just sent a big message to the others. We do not need gameplay footage.

I think the message technically is “Spooky has earned a tremendous amount of trust from the pinball community”. No way would I have bought Ultraman from any company other than Spooky.

#8337 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

I feel more comfortable buying my first Spooky game. The treatment I am getting from Stern these days is like they don’t care.

Glad to hear that you are voting with your dollars, as that’s really the only way to enact change in an industry like this.
I think Stern cares (or at least employs a lot of people who care) but to your point it sounds like they haven’t ramped up their CS department with regard to the increased volume of machines they’re sending out the door. They also rely more heavily on their distribution network to help with customer service, whereas Spooky is more direct. As they continue to grow, if Spooky doesn’t expand their customer service capabilities to match their sales volume then they could find themselves in the same boat. Congratulations on your purchase from Spooky, by the way!

#8338 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

So what's next for Spooky in 2022? My money is on an Army of Darkness/ Scooby Do Combo.

So is the consensus that Spooky will try the twin pin model again? I’d be a little surprised if they do a dual release on the regular, but given the apparent sales success I suppose it’s worth entertaining the thought. In a lot of ways it makes good business sense, particularly if they’re working with themes that they feel are somewhat polarizing to their customer base. I’m guessing that developing two completely different art & color packages was very challenging to manage, but now they’ve established a learning curve with that process. It would be pretty awesome to get two titles at the same time with every new machine release.

#8339 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Was that a typo or did you know that was actually a thing?
https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/spoopy[quoted image]

I know.

#8340 2 years ago

Real question is...Did Trish end up blowing you ?

#8341 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

So is the consensus that Spooky will try the twin pin model again? I’d be a little surprised if they do a dual release on the regular, but given the apparent sales success I suppose it’s worth entertaining the thought. In a lot of ways it makes good business sense, particularly if they’re working with themes that they feel are somewhat polarizing to their customer base. I’m guessing that developing two completely different art & color packages was very challenging to manage, but now they’ve established a learning curve with that process. It would be pretty awesome to get two titles at the same time with every new machine release.

The recent podcast interview with them said no at this point. Meaning it was a challenge which I assume making any pin is one (sounded like they loved the experience though). Super Awesome Pinball show was the podcast. Good interview.

#8342 2 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

I think it will take a while to sell all the Halloween pins but I think Ultraman will sell out on day 1 .
One thing I think spooky could improve on , is the look of their speaker panel .

Happy to say I was totally wrong and congratulations to everyone who scored 1

#8343 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Real question is...Did Trish end up blowing you ?

If yes, we need proof......

#8344 2 years ago

Did i read somewhere game play should be in next few days?

#8345 2 years ago

No way to pre stage them but after the first ball has been shot into each they would be staged. With this being such a high volume request I am going to do some work Monday to see how we can optimize the speed of the return.

#8346 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

With this being such a high volume request I am going to do some work Monday to see how we can optimize the speed of the return.

No need to optimize the return process these machines are all being bolted to the floor in commercial and residential settings

#8347 2 years ago

Guys - if you haven’t listened to the super awesome pinball podcast (latest one) - you should. Really good convo with Spooky about this game. For a young kid, Bug certainly acts the part. Good job.

I did hear that not all of the assets were given to spooky and that they got the halloween score. Does that mean you guys got all of the good music from the movie or just the theme? There are a few really good music clips that play throughout the movie that really set the stage (not just the theme song). Did you guys get those too?

#8348 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

You are wrong, it´s not like they don’t care - they don’t care at all!
It is a pinball industry factory for making money, not to spread love and satisfaction for the customers.

#8349 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Guys - if you haven’t listened to the super awesome pinball podcast (latest one) - you should. Really good convo with Spooky about this game. For a young kid, Bug certainly acts the part. Good job.
I did hear that not all of the assets were given to spooky and that they got the halloween score. Does that mean you guys got all of the good music from the movie or just the theme? There are a few really good music clips that play throughout the movie that really set the stage (not just the theme song). Did you guys get those too?

We got all original music and video!
We also got a Loomis sound alike.
Custom Pj Soles callouts.
And custom music that is really really cool for modes.

#8350 2 years ago
Quoted from waynetrane:

You are wrong, it´s not like they don’t care - they don’t care at all!
It is a pinball industry factory for making money, not to spread love and satisfaction for the customers.

Dude.. stop the hate on Stern. Its comments like this that derail the pinball hobby. This thread is celebrating Spooky, let's stick with that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,000 (OBO)
€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
$ 49.99
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 19.99
Electronics
GMods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 167 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/167?hl=bitternerd and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.