7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 269.
#8251 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

There is a shit ton of shots in this layout .I don’t know how to properly count them ,but there’s a lot .

A metric fuck ton, that’s how many!

#8252 2 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

And they're still available from distributors. I really don't get the complaints.

No distributors in Oz mate. Online was the only option for us this time I was told.

All fine for people within their lovely little world.

We have a small manufacturer we can support locally now anyway. Just pointing out the issues for other places.

Carry on.

#8253 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

At least 16 from a quick count. 10 on main level, 3 on each upper level.

Are targets counted ?If so there’s more than that .

#8254 2 years ago

Guys there's still a chance!

Screenshot 2021-07-07 210550 (resized).pngScreenshot 2021-07-07 210550 (resized).png
#8255 2 years ago
Quoted from TiltingT:

Congrats Spooky team on a successful day.. Drinks are on Charlie!

We should all be buying Charlie a drink. Road trip to Benton…get your asses in the car!!

#8256 2 years ago

We didn't know how to count the shots up either that's why we didn't list the number of shots in the features! Lol

#8257 2 years ago

I know some have said it’s a fan layout but I don’t see it that way .They’re everywhere ,and with the mid PF open this screams flow .

0C90C799-7E9C-4077-866D-DAD3673CD456 (resized).png0C90C799-7E9C-4077-866D-DAD3673CD456 (resized).png
#8258 2 years ago

Who is excited about PinoTaur running the machines? I know I am!

Ew3tAliXMAYSwX0 (resized).jpegEw3tAliXMAYSwX0 (resized).jpegEw3tEmIXMAI_Xfv (resized).jpegEw3tEmIXMAI_Xfv (resized).jpeg
#8259 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Just another feel good idea that is easily defeated by anyone who even cared to try. Never going to work until you tie purchases to the person who actually uses the game. Which isn't happening either.

Calm down captain!

People might start wondering if you're a flipper!?

index.jpegindex.jpeg

#8260 2 years ago

I'm in on a CE, some have mentioned that Halloween looks somewhat bright or with Thanksgiving colors. One subtle thing that I think would give it a scarier look is to change the sky color from orange to a greyish blue... Like in the below. I might Photoshop a mockup of the pin as an example. It would also make the yellow/oranges in the windows and such stand out more too.

Either way, this would be an easy after market mod.

aa68_d022_00920r (resized).jpegaa68_d022_00920r (resized).jpeg

#8261 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We didn't know how to count the shots up either that's why we didn't list the number of shots in the features! Lol

Let’s hear it for SpookyLuke(crowd erupts).Was wondering with the MM hedge timed shots ,do they vary time wise to hit or all uniform times ?Either way getting the ball from the left to the right flipper looks pivitol in this game am I correct in this assumption ?

#8262 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Nothing on there is replaceable by me, that's a givin. Are those the coil driver transistors?

#8263 2 years ago

Hopefully got a CE through Joe @ pinballstar.com. He sent me a email blast ordered it and $2060 PayPal withdrawal from my card. Fingers crossed.

#8264 2 years ago

Some questions about the upper playfields...

-What shots go to the upper playfields?
-Do they always go to the playfield, or is there a diverter that will sometimes keep it on the main playfield (if not qualified).
-Are there any VUK's that go to the upper playfield (or 2nd to 3rd), or all from ramp shots?
-Can you go from 2nd to 3rd playfield? Or vice versa?

And a separate question, what's going on in the right inlane? It looks like there is a subway return ramp, but what happens when the ball rolls down the inlane normally (as isn't there a hole there)?

#8265 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Speaking of clowns...I really prey that Charlie & company eventually produce a Killer Klowns From Outer Space Pin!

Not to derail...just verifying I still have these...

20210707_212837 (resized).jpg20210707_212837 (resized).jpg
#8266 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

[quoted image][quoted image]

That's actually the part I'm most nervous about having ordered a CE. Mentally prepared for bugs on early hardware/firmware revs but hoping for the best!

#8267 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

We really need an alternative term for scalpers other than "flippers." I always get thrown for a mental loop whenever I read something like this on a pinball forum.

Floppers??

Hey, y'all! I haven't had time to catch up on the... 1000 (!?) posts put up today just yet, but just wanted to thank you all for your support, and patience today. Definitely had some unforeseen issues on the back end, but we're over the hurdle, and I think most people are happy with how today went overall. We'll do everything we can to make right with customers who encountered problems with the (terribly designed) error messages during checkout, and we will 200% be addressing these problems before the next major release. Thanks for being a part of this milestone in Spooky history! Y'all definitely made a server spontaneously combust somewhere out there today :p

#8268 2 years ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Floppers??
Hey, y'all! I haven't had time to catch up on the... 1000 (!?) posts put up today just yet, but just wanted to thank you all for your support, and patience today. Definitely had some unforeseen issues on the back end, but we're over the hurdle, and I think most people are happy with how today went overall. We'll do everything we can to make right with customers who encountered problems with the (terribly designed) error messages during checkout, and we will 200% be addressing these problems before the next major release. Thanks for being a part of this milestone in Spooky history! Y'all definitely made a server spontaneously combust somewhere out there today :p

Thank You DJ!

#8269 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Not to derail...just verifying I still have these...
[quoted image]

I still have my sealed VHS (bought from Tower Records no longer in business at least by me where it was) & if your dad fucked up your recording off HBO in the late 80's... I finally found one with spanish subtitles at the time in the mid 90's on VHS when these things were very much out of print (upstate NY randomly in a hole in the wall bargain bin in Saratoga NY) ... but yes also have the DVDs / Blurays etc.... The Chiodo Brothers were incredible hope we see a Killer Klowns From Outer Space... I'm IN and would like to place down my deposit today even if that's years down the road.

#8270 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Let’s hear it for SpookyLuke(crowd erupts).Was wondering with the MM hedge timed shots ,do they vary time wise to hit or all uniform times ?Either way getting the ball from the left to the right flipper looks pivitol in this game am I correct in this assumption ?

So basically when you get in the mode you hit the left ramp and it sets out a random Michael Myers. Which is nice because when the ball comes down the habitrail you can easily pass the ball from the left to the right flipper and shoot at him. If you miss but hit one of the scoops the lifter pushes the ball out with enough steam to pass from left to right and make another shot at him. The way you can control where the ball returns and give yourself clean shots with the lifters in this game is really stellar! 7 total shots that will give you a clean inlane return that comes at a speed that you can actually aim your shot. I would say the most important play factor is the level of control as to which flipper you feed. Allowing you to chain multiple controlled shots in a row. Also most shots are back handable. Even the left orbit is a very nice backhand shot.

#8271 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

So basically when you get in the mode you hit the left ramp and it sets out a random Michael Myers. Which is nice because when the ball comes down the habitrail you can easily pass the ball from the left to the right flipper and shoot at him. If you miss but hit one of the scoops the lifter pushes the ball out with enough steam to pass from left to right and make another shot at him. The way you can control where the ball returns and give yourself clean shots with the lifters in this game is really stellar! 7 total shots that will give you a clean inlane return that comes at a speed that you can actually aim your shot. I would say the most important play factor is the level of control as to which flipper you feed. Allowing you to chain multiple controlled shots in a row. Also most shots are back handable. Even the left orbit is a very nice backhand shot.

1316158400520_8920875 (resized).png1316158400520_8920875 (resized).png
#8272 2 years ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Floppers??

Hope your blood pressure stayed in normal limits spooky_dj - was definitely a pressure cooker for a few minutes. But all came off in the end. If you look at it in $$ terms, your website did well to handle $15,000,000 thrown at it all at once.

#8273 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I know some have said it’s a fan layout but I don’t see it that way .They’re everywhere ,and with the mid PF open this screams flow .
[quoted image]

Technically, if you drew lines from the main flippers to each shot, every pin is a fan layout.

#8274 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

I would’ve never thought you can hit the left orbit with a backhand shot.Thanks bud ,the abundance of shots is what really has me amped .

#8275 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Alot of places have pretty crap internet mate, that includes alot of places in Australia... and at 2am in the morning.
Some genuine buyers are at much more of a disadvantage than a cashed up flipper with a high speed computer system and lightning fast internet connection.
Some places here still so slow it can cause problems other people never even heard of.
Would help out this unfair bias. There is the other thing, second release open sales at 3pm local so that internationals can log in at a more human sort of time of day.
Lucky I wasn't interested in this game, I would have been pissed at the extremely restricted ordering method for Australia, disadvantaged with competing around high speed other worlds. Spooky taken a backward step in looking after international customers in this way.

Could they have gone through the NZ distro??

#8276 2 years ago

Freddy vs Jason next? I'd be so in on that one. Robert Englund is a down to earth dude. Custom callouts.

#8277 2 years ago
BD7BDD2C-8441-4F9B-8CE9-BB73D8D48DE0 (resized).jpegBD7BDD2C-8441-4F9B-8CE9-BB73D8D48DE0 (resized).jpeg
#8278 2 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

Hopefully got a CE through Joe @ pinballstar.com. He sent me a email blast ordered it and $2060 PayPal withdrawal from my card. Fingers crossed.

you got it!!1 paypal confirmation... your in the halloween club

#8279 2 years ago

Not sure why people are moaning about unfair advantages - the distributors all still have a few left even now, 12 hours later.

There is literally nothing stopping people from getting this game.

#8280 2 years ago

Next Spooky Pin Wishlist:

Halloween III: Season of the Witch
Friday the 13th
Mandy
Escape From NY
They Live
The Thing
The Fog
Phantasm
My Bloody Valentine
Black Christmas
Castlevania

#8281 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Not sure why people are moaning about unfair advantages - the distributors all still have a few left even now, 12 hours later.

The only people who seem riled up about this already bought a game.

Like you say, they are out there for anybody to buy. Looks like they hit the perfect number for sales...an effective “sellout” that is “flipper proof” because you can still get one the next morning.

I think people are just having flashbacks to that topper they had to overpay for, or those Stones tickets they couldn’t get in 1981.

#8282 2 years ago

Anyone know if there are any photos of the BSE? Curious to see what the powder coating looks like, and also anyone know of the inside cabinet decals are the same as the CE?

#8283 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Anyone know if there are any photos of the BSE? Curious to see what the powder coating looks like, and also anyone know of the inside cabinet decals are the same as the CE?

They are on spookys Facebook page

#8284 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Facebook and yes they are the same!

#8285 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Facebook and yes they are the same!

To be fair, facebook photos of the BSE don't do that sweet powercoat any justice, but that little video shows it off nicely.

#8286 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I’m starting to think that some people in this hobby just like to bitch about things. By starting I mean since I joined Pinside, and by some I mean a bunch. Quite a day for Spooky, congrats guys (and gals of course). It’s always so cool to see good things happen to good people.

#8287 2 years ago

For real photos can’t be zoomed in on… cmon man

Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

To be fair, facebook photos of the BSE don't do that sweet powercoat any justice, but that little video shows it off nicely.

#8288 2 years ago

Wishlist
-army of darkness
-phantasm
-Big trouble in lil china
-beetlejuice
-kill bill

#8289 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I think it would be more reasonable to limit each fang club membership to a two game max. That way if someone wants a location and home game then they can do that. Anything over two of the same title is definitely suspect. But...Spooky also want to sell out. So I imagine if someone has the means to buy a bunch then Spooky might oblige. I think flippers will buy a UM ce and HWN ce and dump whichever one ends up more valuable to fund the other. It’s crafty. It’s capitalism aaand that’s the law of the land in the ol’ usa. It is what it is.

Well they did that. 1 per game per account. Can't speak for the distros, but Spooky had already said that here.

#8290 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Wishlist
-army of darkness
-phantasm
-Big trouble in lil china
-beetlejuice
-kill bill

All of those would be on my list too. Big trouble in little China being at the top.

#8291 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The only people who seem riled up about this already bought a game.
Like you say, they are out there for anybody to buy. Looks like they hit the perfect number for sales...an effective “sellout” that is “flipper proof” because you can still get one the next morning.
I think people are just having flashbacks to that topper they had to overpay for, or those Stones tickets they couldn’t get in 1981.

lmfao

#8292 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Alot of places have pretty crap internet mate, that includes alot of places in Australia... and at 2am in the morning.
Some genuine buyers are at much more of a disadvantage than a cashed up flipper with a high speed computer system and lightning fast internet connection.
Some places here still so slow it can cause problems other people never even heard of.
Would help out this unfair bias. There is the other thing, second release open sales at 3pm local so that internationals can log in at a more human sort of time of day.
Lucky I wasn't interested in this game, I would have been pissed at the extremely restricted ordering method for Australia, disadvantaged with competing around high speed other worlds. Spooky taken a backward step in looking after international customers in this way.

I here ya! It was a challenge to get online long enough before it crashed but I’m a persistent prick and wasn’t going to miss this. I was lucky enough to get one of each.

If you’re ever up in Sydney and want to have a flip on these spooky pins when they arrive PM me. This is for any Aussie who missed out. I have AMH RZ ACNC RM TNA as well cheers Gav

#8293 2 years ago

I have been trying to get a TNA for a year with no luck. Halloween CE will be my first Spooky pin and excited to join the club. My last NIB pin was a AFMrLE. With the quality issues stern and JJP are having I couldn’t bring myself to buy from them.

#8294 2 years ago

Wishlist:

Cabin Boy
Ghost's Goblins
Edgar Allan Poe
Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack
Italian 60's Horror
Disney's Haunted Mansion (the ride)
Spike Jones

(Yes, Cabin Boy)

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#8295 2 years ago

Wishlist:

1 Nightmare on Elm st
2 Evil Dead
3 Nightmare on Elm st
4 Nightmare on Elm st

#8296 2 years ago

How is this game sold out and we have not seen any gameplay at all

#8297 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

It's that good!

#8298 2 years ago

And why is Ben not telling us all about his new board and the improvements it makes to the game?

#8299 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Other two major manufacturers are having either lack of QC or pf issues, and supposedly service after the sale is lacking, along with this being a truly innovative looking layout from a hobby driven family business and sprinkle in a red hot pin market?

Recipe for super fast sales.

Btw, not quite sold out completely. Not yet. One may not wait a few more days to make up one’s mind.

#8300 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Other two major manufacturers are having either lack of QC or pf issues, and supposedly service after the sale is lacking, along with this being a truly innovative looking layout from a hobby driven family business and sprinkle in a red hot pin market?
Recipe for super fast sales.
Btw, not quite sold out completely. Not yet. One may not wait a few more days to make up one’s mind.

This. I trust Spooky and their quality.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

16,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 166 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/166?hl=turbo2nr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.