7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 269.
#8201 2 years ago

I wonder if any straight-up Halloween / Ultraman fans who aren't also pinheads actually managed to snag any machines.

#8202 2 years ago

Anyone just joining this thread, no need to freak out, there are still machines available. check out the distributors.

#8203 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Now that would make sense .I’ve wanted a true horror pin since in this hobby .When I get this and play for the first time it will be late night pitch black in the basement .I want to shit my pants !

I don’t think this game will scare you, though I could be wrong. I watched the movie last night and it was laughably not scary. And I’m a huge pussy.

#8204 2 years ago

So...

Whats the next game gonna be?

#8205 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I don’t think this game will scare you, though I could be wrong. I watched the movie last night and it was laughably not scary. And I’m a huge pussy.

The game is entirely too bright to be 'scary'. At least as of what they've shown so far. The animations are not scary. I assume there are some clips from the movie, but anyone who has seen the movie isn't going to be scared by that. I've seen a few people comment about playing it in the dark etc....I don't see it happening, too many people complain about not enough lighting. The music alone isn't scary either, just iconic. There may be some modes with enough 'rush' to them to get your adrenaline pumping though.

I think the scariest thing on this pin is probably the clown on the backbox lol. That alone is very terrifying to many people.

#8206 2 years ago

Possible missed opportunity to turn the drop targets upside down to look like the clothesline? Targets could have flipped up and back (more like a switch than a drop) Then...no need for the plastic air ball hood. Could have been cool...but obviously just more shit to engineer. Game is rad regardless of course ...just having “thoughts”

DEFFD2AD-CCF7-49BE-A20A-1E678104D777 (resized).jpegDEFFD2AD-CCF7-49BE-A20A-1E678104D777 (resized).jpeg

#8207 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Possible missed opportunity to turn the drop targets upside down to look like the clothesline? Targets could have flipped up and back (more like a switch than a drop) Then...no need for the plastic air ball hood. Could have been cool...but obviously just more shit to engineer. Game is rad regardless of course...just having “thoughts”
[quoted image]

#8208 2 years ago

I really dig the LED strips. I think I will add that silicone sleeve to them. These are Spooky's answer to JJP's hotrails and Stern's expression lighting.

#8209 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The game is entirely too bright to be 'scary'. At least as of what they've shown so far. The animations are not scary. I assume there are some clips from the movie, but anyone who has seen the movie isn't going to be scared by that. I've seen a few people comment about playing it in the dark etc....I don't see it happening, too many people complain about not enough lighting. The music alone isn't scary either, just iconic. There may be some modes with enough 'rush' to them to get your adrenaline pumping though.
I think the scariest thing on this pin is probably the clown on the backbox lol. That alone is very terrifying to many people.

Im not scared of humans, I mean they are mortal, you can just shoot them, stab them, or poison them.. poof gone. Its these creatures that dont go down, how do you kill it!? What method!? It just never dies! What is it!? Good thing it doesnt exist in real life.. or does it?

#8210 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Im not scared of humans, I mean they are mortal, you can just shoot them, stab them, or poison them.. poof gone. Its these creatures that dont go down, how do you kill it!? What method!? It just never dies! What is it!? Good thing it doesnt exist in real life.. or does it?

Almost as hard to get rid of as the people trying to sell you an extended warranty for your car.

#8211 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

I wonder if any straight-up Halloween / Ultraman fans who aren't also pinheads actually managed to snag any machines.

I think so. Certain themes can pull in buyers who aren’t necessarily pinheads. Tron pulled in many arcade collectors (similar hobby, but there are a lot of arcade guys who ONLY do vids…I know a lot who bought Tron as their first pin). Metallica fans bought a lot of Metallicas…same with Kiss fans. Halloween & Ultraman definitely scratch that itch for fans of those franchises. They already like collecting props & toys, and this is something special.

#8212 2 years ago

Bravo, Spooky! Both games look spectacular - particularly Halloween. Am I the only one who watched that launch video close to double digit times? For me, the art is perfect for the theme and the stacked plafields look awesome. I can't wait to play these beauties!

#8213 2 years ago
Quoted from awassig:

.But to get in line and buy multiples of both titles for the sole purpose to resell at higher prices and take the chance away from legitimate buyers that might want and keep the machine is really a person with no ethics at all.

These folks are everywhere - you should see what they done to the new corvette buying process....

#8214 2 years ago

Halloween CE Order #11641
Order Time: 07/07/21 @ 9:48am CST

Had the purchase in the cart at 9:05am too but would crash every time the checkout button was clicked!

Interested to see how far down the line I am and how long it’ll be within 18-months before seeing the machine Nevertheless, excited for it to arrive.

#8215 2 years ago
Quoted from Venom77:

I mean sure its not the deepest or hardest machine to play by any means but for the price in the 2k range you cant beat it. They only made around 2,000 of them. I plan on getting my speaker cover signed by Robert in August. But agree with you would love a modern Elm Street. Every single one of those actors are affordable as most do the horror cons.. outside of Johnny Dep

Ya, I'd grab a players condition one for 2k for sure. I think the only time I had a chance at a nice one locally the seller was asking something crazy like 6k for it and wouldn't budge. That is cool I didn't know it had callouts from Robert Englund.

#8216 2 years ago
Quoted from thescottiep:

Halloween CE Order #11641
Order Time: 07/07/21 @ 9:48am CST
Had the purchase in the cart at 9:05am too but would crash every time the checkout button was clicked!
Interested to see how far down the line I am and how long it’ll be within 18-months before seeing the machine Nevertheless, excited for it to arrive.

Do you really get to complain when you're in for a CE and they'll be built first anyways?

I had my order in very early, and I'll still have to wait for even the last CE to get made......you're probably looking at 4-7 months. I'm probably looking at like.....8-10 months, conservatively. I have a feeling far more of these orders were CE's than I would've hoped. It'll be worth the wait, but yeah....

#8217 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Do you really get to complain when you're in for a CE

That’s not the case here; simply including the process endured on my end (as did everyone else) while trying to make the purchase. I even ended the post by saying that I’m excited to receive the game whenever that may be

#8218 2 years ago
Quoted from thescottiep:

That’s not the case here; simply including the process endured on my end (as did everyone else) while trying to make the purchase. I even ended the post by saying that I’m excited to receive the game whenever that may be

Don't get your panties in a wad, I'm just giving you an elbow poke to the ribs because I couldn't afford a CE. But seriously though.....there's a bunch of us going to be waiting a hell of a lot longer than someone placing a CE order at 9:48am lol

#8219 2 years ago

I'm sure that Spooky, like AP and Stern are and will be struggling to produce machines due to part availability especially CPU's. Justifiably the 18 month date was given due to these known issues.

My main supplier for my CCTV cameras are in Dallas. The manufacture these in Dallas. I have several styles that are on a 15-20 week back order due to chips. Cisco switches, 3-month back order. I've been waiting on a new I9 laptop since March.

Cars are so forked that you can barely buy one....etc

#8220 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Almost as hard to get rid of as the people trying to sell you an extended warranty for your car.

Much easier than getting rid of those warranty bastards! Those asshats won’t go away, period.

#8221 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I hate clowns....scared the shit out of me. Don't trust them to this day....you are correct...

#8222 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

how many ultraman games are are for domestic sales?

LOL

#8223 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

You are WRONG, at check out it says select either standard or butter cab and i missed it. Now i have to contact distributor to change it.

JULY 7TH
SpookyLuke
#1 of 22021-07-07 10:12
Direct print option butter will be asked at the time of build

Pm from them.

#8224 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Trying to win a war on ethics grounds, both on this forum, or in this hobby in general....is like pissing as hard as you can into the wind while aiming upward, trying to hit a target behind you.
All you're going to get is piss spray in your face for the effort.
As long as the option is present, people ARE going to try to arbitrage this crap, and anything else in demand. It's not someone's fault for trying to make a buck, especially in MURICA where money is our only one true god.....if you want to complain, then take it to the vendors that allow people to get away with it in the first place. Are their ethics any better than the flipper if they allow it to happen, because it's beneficial to their bottom line? Not really, IMO....but in my opinion, this is all a moot point. This crap will never go away, and it's not worth the stress to even pay attention when it happens.

Well said. Not worth the judgment when it happens. Just gawk at the madness and move on.

#8225 2 years ago

Can we get a benheck weigh in on this? IE chip shortage / cpu parts shortage Any insights?

Quoted from Txcoastal1:

I'm sure that Spooky, like AP and Stern are and will be struggling to produce machines due to part availability especially CPU's. Justifiably the 18 month date was given due to these known issues.
My main supplier for my CCTV cameras are in Dallas. The manufacture these in Dallas. I have several styles that are on a 15-20 week back order due to chips. Cisco switches, 3-month back order. I've been waiting on a new I9 laptop since March.
Cars are so forked that you can barely buy one....etc

#8226 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I think so. Certain themes can pull in buyers who aren’t necessarily pinheads. Tron pulled in many arcade collectors (similar hobby, but there are a lot of arcade guys who ONLY do vids…I know a lot who bought Tron as their first pin). Metallica fans bought a lot of Metallicas…same with Kiss fans. Halloween & Ultraman definitely scratch that itch for fans of those franchises. They already like collecting props & toys, and this is something special.

Oh, I definitely think some would be interested. I'm just asking if anyone thinks/knows whether they found out enough in advance to be in position to actually secure any.

#8227 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I worked in a jail for 7 years .When the lights go out it was scary as shit .Like FKs boiler room .I don’t know how I got through the night shift .Had little ones at the time I had no choice I guess lol

#8228 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Oh, I definitely think some would be interested. I'm just asking if anyone thinks/knows whether they found out enough in advance to be in position to actually secure any.

The Halloween pin was posted/discussed on a few horror forums and sites, so I'm sure they were in the loop. My horror fan buddy knew about it before I told him, so I'm sure some non pin folks got in on Halloween, at least.

#8229 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I really dig the LED strips. I think I will add that silicone sleeve to them. These are Spooky's answer to JJP's hotrails and Stern's expression lighting.

Agree, I think they look great and fit the theme(s) well.

#8230 2 years ago
Quoted from awassig:

I totally agree individual fang club members should have been limited to one title each if that.....I know of a few people that bought several and are just waiting to flip them.......shame on them......hope bad Karma comes there way. I mean buying a machine site unseen is a risky proposition with no video of play and or sounds/video and understand if you purchased the game, get it play it and are unhappy so you sell it....But to get in line and buy multiples of both titles for the sole purpose to resell at higher prices and take the chance away from legitimate buyers that might want and keep the machine is really a person with no ethics at all. If you want to buy and sell become a damn distributor and do it that way.

Spooky should go through and refund every multiple purchase of a title by an individual, for the difference above the single game deposit cost.

Then open a second sales run of the reclaimed games in 3 or 6 months time, at the same price.

That would go a long ways to solving the flipping retards problem, and give the genuine buyers whom missed out another chance to buy the game they are genuinely passionate about for the fair manufacturer price.

I could have went online and bought two games that didn't interest me and sell them later for a profit. But I'm not a bottomfeeding "flipper".

This seems to me a good solution, because people can still sell on their spot if they get in a bind, but still also looks after their loyal customers whom might have been screwed over by flipper mentality sellout as they can have another chance down the track if they missed out because of the rush.

They will still sell out all their games in short order, just that it lets the actual buyers have more of a shot.

#8231 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Spooky should go through and refund every multiple purchase of a title and refund the difference above the single game cost.
Then open a second sales run of the reclaimed games in months time, at the same price.
That would go aways to solving the flipping retards problem, and give the genuine buyers whom missed out another chance to buy the game they are passionate about.

If you are passionate about this title you had more then enough time to purchase. If you missed out you should have been paying more attention. I think everyone had a fair chance, as much as anything these days.

#8232 2 years ago

And they're still available from distributors. I really don't get the complaints.

#8233 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Spooky should go through and refund every multiple purchase of a title and refund the difference above the single game cost.
Then open a second sales run of the reclaimed games in months time, at the same price.
That would go aways to solving the flipping retards problem, and give the genuine buyers whom missed out another chance to buy the game they are passionate about.

Just another feel good idea that is easily defeated by anyone who even cared to try. Never going to work until you tie purchases to the person who actually uses the game. Which isn't happening either.

#8234 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

The Halloween pin was posted/discussed on a few horror forums and sites, so I'm sure they were in the loop. My horror fan buddy knew about it before I told him, so I'm sure some non pin folks got in on Halloween, at least.

Will definitely be interesting to see. Those folks were probably zeroed in on ordering from the site (rather than distributors) and were also less likely to have a status update support group like this thread when everything was on fire.

#8235 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

If you are passionate about this title you had more then enough time to purchase. If you missed out you should have been paying more attention. I think everyone had a fair chance, as much as anything these days.

Yeah, this was a billion times better than anything Ticketmaster.

#8236 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

And what if you are a random horror person that has never bought a spooky title (or any pinball) before and have no idea places like pinside exist?

Making all the casual people flow through the 'expert gate' is never going to give them a chance at all.

Notice how other titles like Heavy Metal, Kiss, etc sold through their websites? That's not just because Stern doesn't sell direct....

#8237 2 years ago

I think it would be more reasonable to limit each fang club membership to a two game max. That way if someone wants a location and home game then they can do that. Anything over two of the same title is definitely suspect. But...Spooky also want to sell out. So I imagine if someone has the means to buy a bunch then Spooky might oblige. I think flippers will buy a UM ce and HWN ce and dump whichever one ends up more valuable to fund the other. It’s crafty. It’s capitalism aaand that’s the law of the land in the ol’ usa. It is what it is.

Quoted from razorsedge:

#8238 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Just another feel good idea that is easily defeated by anyone who even cared to try. Never going to work until you tie purchases to the person who actually uses the game. Which isn't happening either.

I had no intention of waking up and buying a pin. Said eff it and got one no problem from Pinballstar.

#8239 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I think it would be more reasonable to limit each fang club membership to a two game max. That way if someone wants a location and home game then they can do that. Anything over two of the same title is definitely suspect. But...Spooky also want to sell out. So I imagine if someone has the means to buy a bunch then Spooky might oblige. I think the game flippers will play is to buy a UM ce and HWN ce and dump whichever one ends up more valuable to fund the other. It’s crafty. It’s capitalism aaand that’s the law of the land in the ol’ usa. It is what it is.

And people looking to make $1000-$3000 wouldn't just spend $45 to buy another fang club membership?

Come on people... if you want to 'stop' opportunistic flippers you gotta do a lot better than this.

Besides... route operators have more than one location...

#8240 2 years ago

That’s is a fine point that I’ve definitely overlooked hahaha. Oops.

Quoted from flynnibus:

And people looking to make $1000-$3000 wouldn't just spend $45 to buy another fang club membership?
Come on people... if you want to 'stop' opportunistic flippers you gotta do a lot better than this.

#8241 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

And what if you are a random horror person that has never bought a spooky title (or any pinball) before and have no idea places like pinside exist?
Making all the casual people flow through the 'expert gate' is never going to give them a chance at all.
Notice how other titles like Heavy Metal, Kiss, etc sold through their websites? That's not just because Stern doesn't sell direct....

It’s not that hard to be “in the loop” now a days. It’s not like Pinside is a secret club. I am involved in a number of other hobbies and I always research forum groups to find out what I need. If you are not up to date with your passion, you snooze you lose.

#8242 2 years ago

What helped Tron is that it took two months for LE’s to sell out from distributors. That gave time for the public and Tronites to find out about the pin and to act. Didn’t realize they actually bought them.

I remember playing my first one a few weeks after it was released (@ Reciprocal Skate Shop. Hi Jackbar. ) and (@ PDI-Pinball Decals Inc). The big unknown was whether Stern would add a video mode. Stern was asked about it in every interview, and once I heard Gary say, “if that’s what people want, I’m sure we will do it”. I interpreted that as it was going to happen, it didn’t. Ordered a Tron LE two weeks later and total time elapsed was one month. The following month the balance of games were made and sold out. I liked mine so much I bought and opened a second LE. They sat beside each other and I’d alternate playing one every day.

The other issue causing drama was whether Stern would change their mind and add Daft Punk multiball to the pro model. If they’d agree to, you might consider buying a pro. Most LE owners were supportive of giving it to pro buyers but Stern never wavered. LE buyers alone got DP multiball.

#8243 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I hate clowns....scared the shit out of me. Don't trust them to this day....you are correct...

Speaking of clowns...I really prey that Charlie & company eventually produce a Killer Klowns From Outer Space Pin!

#8244 2 years ago

I'm hoping that the sanctum got either one. CT could really use more pinball places so thank jeebus for the sanctum

#8245 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Alot of places have pretty crap internet mate, that includes alot of places in Australia... and at 2am in the morning.

Some genuine buyers are at much more of a disadvantage than a cashed up flipper with a high speed computer system and lightning fast internet connection.

Some places here still so slow it can cause problems other people never even heard of.

Would help out this unfair bias. There is the other thing, second release open sales at 3pm local so that internationals can log in at a more human sort of time of day.

Lucky I wasn't interested in this game, I would have been pissed at the extremely restricted ordering method for Australia, disadvantaged with competing around high speed other worlds. Spooky taken a backward step in looking after international customers in this way.

#8246 2 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

I'm hoping that the sanctum got either one. CT could really use more pinball places so thank jeebus for the sanctum

Is it crazy that I read “sanctum” and immediately thought of The Shadow & saw “CT” and thought of CoinTaker... damn my pinball brain!

#8247 2 years ago

There is a shit ton of shots in this layout .I don’t know how to properly count them ,but there’s a lot .

#8248 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Next time just announce the theme and that they’re ready ,start heading to Benton .Like Sturgis except you can’t bring it home on 2 wheels .Crazed pinheads invading Benton foaming at the mouth .

I’d be all-in for a Spooky Pinball rally in Benton.

#8249 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

There is a shit ton of shots in this layout .I don’t know how to properly count them ,but there’s a lot .

At least 16 from a quick count. 10 on main level, 3 on each upper level.

#8250 2 years ago
Quoted from razorsedge:

Alot of places have pretty crap internet mate, that includes alot of places in Australia... and at 2am in the morning.
Some genuine buyers are at much more of a disadvantage than a cashed up flipper with a high speed computer system and lightning fast internet connection.
Some places here still so slow it can cause problems other people never even heard of.
Would help out this unfair bias. There is the other thing, second release open sales at 3pm local so that internationals can log in at a more human sort of time of day.
Lucky I wasn't interested in this game, I would have been pissed at the extremely restricted ordering method for Australia, disadvantaged with competing around high speed other worlds. Spooky taken a backward step in looking after international customers in this way.

I’m pretty sure there is a distributor in Australia you could have contacted if you were interested. I went through the Canadian distributor to get mine, not Spooky. A phone call probably would work if internet is a problem.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arabi, LA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 49.99
$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 13,500.00
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 165 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/165?hl=nicoy3k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.