7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 269.
#8151 2 years ago

Slow roasting some popcorn to enjoy the future For Sale ads sure to fill the marketplace.

#8152 2 years ago

SpookyCharlie SpookyLuke spooky_dj

Wow - congratulations! Party in Wisconsin tonight. Still a few bumps in the road but many reasons to celebrate.

Cheers!

#8153 2 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Slow roasting some popcorn to enjoy the future For Sale ads sure to fill the marketplace.

I have a steak on the grill at a low temperature. Its coming!

#8154 2 years ago

Got my order in this morning for a CE, I am curious about what the lead time is on these. Definitely excited to get it unboxed and start flipping it. Still waiting on GNR LE so we shall see which one gets in first.

#8155 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

SpookyCharlie SpookyLuke spooky_dj
Wow - congratulations! Party in Wisconsin tonight. Still a few bumps in the road but many reasons to celebrate.
Cheers!

That's impressive for a small business, but they need to reinvest profits into their company, such as having a website that doesn't run on WordPress, and having a more professional checkout/order interface.

I'm hoping this time around, the don't nickle and dime cutting corners on quality like they did with R&M. Small things ike using single blade flipper switches instead of the ones every other game uses.

I'll be honest, seeing the topper with wires all exposed on the back like the R&M ones, makes me feel like they're still not putting a polished product out, bit we'll have to see when we get our hands on this one.

#8156 2 years ago

Congrats, Spooky!

Read the threads but don't think I've seen this answer: How many of the 1,750 are sold direct by Spooky and how many but distributors?

#8157 2 years ago

I joined the Halloween CE club today. Hooray ! Picked up a game during the cleanup period. Oh boy, that means I gotta wait 18 short months.

Halloween is a dream theme but I wanted to see pics and video of the game, at least. The artwork everywhere is soooo good that a purchase was inevitable, right? Well I was still on the fence as game sales opened. I spent three hours pouring over everything and sales were done. Right then I decided I’d get one if one came up during order cleanup. One did, so I did.

Gotta say I love the implementation of this theme and the rules are straight forward. The inserts on playfield track all pertinent progress through and including final wizard mode. Will the game flow smoothly? I don’t know or care, it is probably average at least, with the potential to improve to really good or even great - tbd after viewing game play video.

After completing 3 mini-modes and the 6 pumpkin modes of each kill in gory detail. Then lock and start the 7 ball wizard mode. Of course this game has tons of assets from my fave horror movie. Already looks like a home run for my house.

To say the Halloween game ties to the movie is an understatement. Because it is more like Spooky found a way to make JC’s Halloween ooze out of every crack, nuance and butt pretzel throughout the land.

#8158 2 years ago

Ordered my CE from Pinball Classics.

Rob was awesome to deal with straight shooter. Very willing to help when Spooky and PinballStar couldn’t thanks again Rob!!! The Man!!!

#8159 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Congrats, Spooky!
Read the threads but don't think I've seen this answer: How many of the 1,750 are sold direct by Spooky and how many but distributors?

based on what they've said, it alternates every 50 games. 50 direct, 50 to distros. so it seems half.

#8160 2 years ago

Congrats, Spooky!

Quoted from bigehrl:

based on what they've said, it alternates every 50 games. 50 direct, 50 to distros. so it seems half.

I recall that being the build order, but didn't necessarily see that it was also the overall distribution (though certainly could be)

#8161 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I joined the Halloween CE club today. Hooray ! Picked up a game during the cleanup period. Oh boy, that means I gotta wait 18 short months.
Halloween is a dream theme for me but I wanted to see pics and video of the game, at least. The artwork everywhere is soooo good that a purchase was inevitable, right? Well I was still on the fence as game sales opened. I spent three hours pouring over everything and sales were done. Right then I decided I’d get one if one came up during order cleanup and one did. So I did.
Gotta say I love the implementation of this theme and the rules are straight forward. The inserts on playfield track all pertinent progress through and including final wizard mode. Will the game flow smoothly? I don’t know or care, it is probably average at least, with the potential to improve to really good or even great - tbd after viewing game play video.
this game has assets from my fave horror movie.

I could have written this as well. If it werent a Spooky pin, I would probably have stayed away because of PF worries and lack of support. Ya got me Spooky, I am confident my somewhat crazy blind faith purchase will be worth it.

Halloween CE ordered from PinballSTAR.

#8162 2 years ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

Just ordered a CE from Pinball Star easy ordering.

Yes!!! That means Halloween 4 CE's will be coming to little ole Delaware!!!

#8164 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

That's impressive for a small business, but they need to reinvest profits into their company, such as having a website that doesn't run on WordPress, and having a more professional checkout/order interface.
I'm hoping this time around, the don't nickle and dime cutting corners on quality like they did with R&M. Small things ike using single blade flipper switches instead of the ones every other game uses.
I'll be honest, seeing the topper with wires all exposed on the back like the R&M ones, makes me feel like they're still not putting a polished product out, bit we'll have to see when we get our hands on this one.

They have owned their mistakes and are committed to making improvements as per their video update. I have no reason to doubt them and I voted with my wallet today.

#8165 2 years ago

So I had a deposition this morning and wasn’t able to get a deposit down by the time the games reportedly sold out.

So I guess if you can’t buy a game in the first couple hours of release these days you are screwed. Awesome.

Congrats to all the asshat flippers that bought these just to resell them for stupid prices afterwards. I guess I’ll just have to get my homebrew game done sooner and play that.

#8166 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

To be fair, I've only played it myself for about 20 minutes and the machine played on had lots of issues. I'm a Nightmare on Elm Street superfan, so would like to get some more time on one, but didn't want to risk buying since always heard it doesn't pass muster for extended homeplay. I think sometimes machines just get a reputation, whether fair or not. I owned a Popeye had a lot of fun with, and that is apparently one of the most hated pins of all time.
In any case I'd love to get a spooky one with deep mode full of movie assets

I mean sure its not the deepest or hardest machine to play by any means but for the price in the 2k range you cant beat it. They only made around 2,000 of them. I plan on getting my speaker cover signed by Robert in August. But agree with you would love a modern Elm Street. Every single one of those actors are affordable as most do the horror cons.. outside of Johnny Dep

#8167 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

So I had a deposition this morning and wasn’t able to get a deposit down by the time the games reportedly sold out.
So I guess if you can’t buy a game in the first couple hours of release these days you are screwed. Awesome.
Congrats to all the asshat flippers that bought these just to resell them for stupid prices afterwards. I guess I’ll just have to get my homebrew game done sooner and play that.

Relax dude.

If you really want one they are there for the taking, just like Rick and Mortys were for several days after the drop. Joe at Pinballstar has been posting updates in every single Spooky thread for hours, and apparently he's still got them.

Yancy's transmission just went tits up, so he's looking to sell his "spot."

So give someone a call and get your game. No reason to rage post when you could be rage buying.

#8168 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Pinballstar and Nitro both still have games I believe. Get on it.

#8169 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Joe at PinballStar still has a few available.

#8170 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

One thing...that plastic ball hop plastic. That could be a knife blade instead. Modders? Orrrr...Spooky add on from the shop perhaps?

I tried to do a mock up of what I was thinking for a potential printing on air ball protector.

Before:
Halloween1 (resized).pngHalloween1 (resized).png

After:
Halloween (resized).pngHalloween (resized).png

PS: Sorry for the poor quality.

#8171 2 years ago

I never wavered. Since the teaser video, I was in...

I also said they would sell out in the first day.

(I also said Spooky could make a pin about paper clips and it would sell out.)

Happy to be right, and a soon to be CE owner of my first NIB pin.

Drink up, Pinside- It's a happy day!

#8172 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

They haven't sold out, no matter how many times you try to say they have..... lol.

#8173 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Contact a dealer, a few have some left. Pinball Star had some left as of 3pm

#8174 2 years ago

We got in on an Ultraman Bloodsucker from Chris at KingPin right at 8am and now we wait. From what I understand we will see roughly where we are in line in the next few days and sometime in the next 18 months our R&M will finally have a friend that isn't a decade or more older than it .

#8175 2 years ago

Wunderbar! I've ordered a CE this time around. Last year I imported 4 (US mfr) from Italy, a GI previously from Germany. Sure your BSE will be a blast! Congrats!

#8176 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

They haven't sold out, no matter how many times you try to say they have..... lol.

Sorry... "Spooky direct sales" are sold the fuck out.

#8177 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I hear Microsoft's licensing fees for Clippy are unreal.

#8178 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Edwin would be proud!

#8179 2 years ago
Quoted from oliviarium:

I hear Microsoft's licensing fees for Clippy are unreal.

I'd be all in on a Clippy horror movie.

#8180 2 years ago
clippy5 (resized).pngclippy5 (resized).png
#8181 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

You guys aren't gonna believe this, my transmission bit the dust on the way back from lunch, and considering the blue book on a 2009 Honda Fit is less than an Ultraman CE, it doesn't make sense to buy a game instead of a new (used) car. PMs open.

Are you sure it's the tranny? A buddy here had the front axle go out on his Fit and it initially looked exactly like a busted transmission. Turned out it was a $150 part instead.

#8182 2 years ago

Sorry guys, I was joking. But the sad truth is I do drive a 2009 Honda Fit.

#8183 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Sorry guys, I was joking. But the sad truth is I do drive a 2009 Honda Fit.

I drive a '99 Tahoe. It keeps going, so why replace it?

More pin money I say.

#8184 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I'd be all in on a Clippy horror movie.

Well, Clippy was indeed horrible....

#8185 2 years ago

...laughed out loud on that one. Nice!

#8186 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I totally agree individual fang club members should have been limited to one title each if that.....I know of a few people that bought several and are just waiting to flip them.......shame on them......hope bad Karma comes there way. I mean buying a machine site unseen is a risky proposition with no video of play and or sounds/video and understand if you purchased the game, get it play it and are unhappy so you sell it....But to get in line and buy multiples of both titles for the sole purpose to resell at higher prices and take the chance away from legitimate buyers that might want and keep the machine is really a person with no ethics at all. If you want to buy and sell become a damn distributor and do it that way.

#8187 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I hope the same. I like the topper but I immediately saw the screw in the center of his hand, that has to go at a minimum and then maybe we'll cover up the back with something.

The modders will have a blast with this title. I can see those three hedges getting replaced with a large single hedge and Myers not being as visible etc.

#8188 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I never wavered.
(I also said Spooky could make a pin about paper clips and it would sell out

I would probably get the standard instead of the CE though.

#8189 2 years ago

Everyone knows how this works and we are all adults, if you wanted to buy a pin this morning there were plenty of ways to do so. If you missed out it clearly wasn’t a priority.

Quoted from awassig:

I totally agree individual fang club members should have been limited to one title each if that.....I know of a few people that bought several and are just waiting to flip them.......shame on them......hope bad Karma comes there way. I mean buying a machine site unseen is a risky proposition with no video of play and or sounds/video and understand if you purchased the game, get it play it and are unhappy so you sell it....But to get in line and buy multiples of both titles for the sole purpose to resell at higher prices and take the chance away from legitimate buyers that might want and keep the machine is really a person with no ethics at all. If you want to buy and sell become a damn distributor and do it that way.

#8190 2 years ago

I don’t think this was answered by spooky but it seems to me you play as either Micheal or Laurie depending on the mode .If so that would be very interesting .

#8191 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Freaking relax will ya. You know I’ll sell you mine for a good price after I play it for a few months. Or we can do a non permanent trade.

#8192 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I don’t think this was answered by spooky but it seems to me you play as either Micheal or Laurie depending on the mode .If so that would be very interesting .

I think it's more working your way thought various scenes of the movie.

#8193 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I think it's more working your way thought various scenes of the movie.

Now that would make sense .I’ve wanted a true horror pin since in this hobby .When I get this and play for the first time it will be late night pitch black in the basement .I want to shit my pants !

#8194 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Now that would make sense .I’ve wanted a true horror pin since in this hobby .When I get this and play for the first time it will be late night pitch black in the basement .I want to shit my pants !

Here buy these the day before you get your game. You can change quickly and keep playing.

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#8195 2 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Here buy these the day before you get your game. You can change quickly and keep playing. [quoted image]

lmao

#8196 2 years ago
Quoted from Lopa:

Everyone knows how this works and we are all adults, if you wanted to buy a pin this morning there were plenty of ways to do so. If you missed out it clearly wasn’t a priority.

I made the decision to not get either of the machines today and your right I went to the site to see if it was possible to get one at 9am and even though all of the hiccups and the site going down for a bit I still could have gotten one when it came back up. My point is that the same people that will hoard NIB machines for their own gain are the same ones during the beginning of the pandemic walking out of the store with two carts full of damn toilet paper...Only think about how they can benefit themselves and have no care in the world about anyone else.

#8197 2 years ago

Trying to win a war on ethics grounds, both on this forum, or in this hobby in general....is like pissing as hard as you can into the wind while aiming upward, trying to hit a target behind you.

All you're going to get is piss spray in your face for the effort.

As long as the option is present, people ARE going to try to arbitrage this crap, and anything else in demand. It's not someone's fault for trying to make a buck, especially in MURICA where money is our only one true god.....if you want to complain, then take it to the vendors that allow people to get away with it in the first place. Are their ethics any better than the flipper if they allow it to happen, because it's beneficial to their bottom line? Not really, IMO....but in my opinion, this is all a moot point. This crap will never go away, and it's not worth the stress to even pay attention when it happens.

#8198 2 years ago

you are literally comparing a luxury $10,000 pinball machine to toilet paper. Your argument is as thin as... well... single ply.

Quoted from awassig:

I made the decision to not get either of the machines today and your right I went to the site to see if it was possible to get one at 9am and even though all of the hiccups and the site going down for a bit I still could have gotten one when it came back up. My point is that the same people that will hoard NIB machines for their own gain are the same ones during the beginning of the pandemic walking out of the store with two carts full of damn toilet paper...Only think about how they can benefit themselves and have no care in the world about anyone else.

#8199 2 years ago

Speaking of which, I'll be posting a for trade ad for 5000 rolls of TP for a Halloween CE later. I expect it to go fast!

#8200 2 years ago

Congrats Spooky team on a successful day.. Drinks are on Charlie!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

9,999 (OBO)
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Brighton, CO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 164 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/164?hl=oliviarium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.