7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,399 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 268.
#8101 2 years ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

On/off topic. Are most spooky owners happy with quality of builds, components, etc.. any big issues etc.? I've mostly heard very good things. Not that it matters now since I bought a CE Halloween but....

There is a TNA on location by me and it is holding up very well.

#8102 2 years ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

can anyone suggest a recent podcast that has more information about the Halloween pin? I saw it posted several pages back but can't find it

Christopher Franci’s Super Awesome Pinball Show.

#8103 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Are the differences between the CE and BSE the topper, shooter knob, laser cut rails, different powder coat and red plastic protectors?
Aside from that, everything is the same?

Quoted from kciaccio:

And Knife in Shooter lane and speaker grills are different.

+ CE are made first, which is significant (sounds like most may have gone CE, which puts everything else pretty far out).

#8104 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Stern, what did we learn today? Lol

Make all the pros last

#8105 2 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

Make all the pros last

Sell memberships to have early access, hold back more LE’s to sell direct to the consumer. I don’t think they are going to learn what you want them to.

#8106 2 years ago

Congratulations Charlie and Team Spooky !

You've worked hard to get there. A long way from the Texas Pinball Festival show when things got rolling for you.

LTG : )

#8107 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

I don't disagree. The message said exactly "Your order has been received. Thank you for your business! (ID 252)"...but the message had a red X-'d out circle to the left of it, the shopping cart was still full, no confirmation e-mail received, no pending charge on credit card. So many of us kept repaying and refreshing until we didn't receive the error, saw the charge on our credit cards, and received a confirmation email. For me this took about 25 minutes. If my spot was based on my first failed order placement compared to all the other failed order placements, I'd be happy. I'd be disappointed if the failed orders got bumped ahead of my successful order.

I received the same thing. "Your order has been received. Thank you for your business! (ID 252)." I thought I was good, but decided since my credit card was not processed and the machine was still in my cart, I would go ahead and try again. I finally manged to get my order through at 11:15 am CT and immediately received a charge notification and an email from Spooky shortly after.

ID252 (resized).jpgID252 (resized).jpg
#8108 2 years ago

Nice one Spooky. Halloween is a great theme for a pinball game...designed and built my own many years ago. You'll have a blast playing it.

vlcsnap-2021-07-07-18h55m54s990 (resized).pngvlcsnap-2021-07-07-18h55m54s990 (resized).pngvlcsnap-2021-07-07-18h56m17s454 (resized).pngvlcsnap-2021-07-07-18h56m17s454 (resized).png
#8109 2 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Next Spooky prediction: Hellraiser / Tremors.

Hellraiser. I so much agree with that one. Just the callouts would be unbelievable.. Spooky could do an extra gore version..

"No tears, please. It's a waste of good suffering."

#8110 2 years ago

The real question is who will have the first CE spot for sale?

#8111 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

I don't disagree. The message said exactly "Your order has been received. Thank you for your business! (ID 252)"...but the message had a red X-'d out circle to the left of it, the shopping cart was still full, no confirmation e-mail received, no pending charge on credit card. So many of us kept repaying and refreshing until we didn't receive the error, saw the charge on our credit cards, and received a confirmation email. For me this took about 25 minutes. If my spot was based on my first failed order placement compared to all the other failed order placements, I'd be happy. I'd be disappointed if the failed orders got bumped ahead of my successful order.

You’re way off here. We were all on the site at 9am trying over and over again to buy. Some people randomly got through faster than others. You made it to a deeper error step than some, but it is no different than getting a 503 error when placing the order. You did nothing to earn a spot ahead of something that actually placed on order on the site.

#8112 2 years ago

serial # 1031 would be a nice touch....

#8113 2 years ago
Quoted from Penguindeity:

They don't need graves. You just cremated them with the comment! If you're ever near Bay City I owe you a beer for making me spit out my drink.

They already have the PinPod (TM) casket designed!

#8114 2 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

The real question is who will have the first CE spot for sale?

Whoever it is, will it be medical bills or wife says NO! Children will have nightmares?
Either way it’s BS and they are scalpers!

#8115 2 years ago

Congrats Spooky!

#8116 2 years ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

On/off topic. Are most spooky owners happy with quality of builds, components, etc.. any big issues etc.? I've mostly heard very good things. Not that it matters now since I bought a CE Halloween but....

Spooky has learned as it has grown and have had some growing pains, but the difference is the service after the fact. I would not hesitate to buy a Spooky pin(Nor did you, good move!) the TNA and RandM I play on location have never been down when I went to play and are simply a blast!

#8117 2 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Our supply is listed internally, and will cutoff when we are sold out..

Destributors still have some games available.

#8118 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Whoever it is, will it be medical bills or wife says NO! Children will have nightmares?
Either way it’s BS and they are scalpers!

So true. Lol. I say by Sunday.

#8119 2 years ago

Told the wife we bought both, lol.

A37DA8C2-D127-4D64-8CBA-903BF9417F49 (resized).pngA37DA8C2-D127-4D64-8CBA-903BF9417F49 (resized).png

86B06D4E-157D-4A56-8C89-6E5E973295B9 (resized).png86B06D4E-157D-4A56-8C89-6E5E973295B9 (resized).png

#8120 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

I think the very next text from her will be the one to see...

#8121 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

It's been a pleasure knowing you.

#8122 2 years ago
Quoted from frobozz:

I think the very next text from her will be the one to see...

He's got 44 machines, I think she's used to it by now.

And 0 "owned in the past", a man after my own heart.

#8123 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

You are a brave, brave man.

#8124 2 years ago

Mark my words. Flippers will use the following: My wife said the theme is not suitable for the family. Well duh. Of course it is not family friendly, it’s based on a horror film.

#8125 2 years ago

PinballSTAR update at 3pm -

We still have left :
Halloween SE (2)
Halloween BS (1)
Halloween CE (8)
Ultraman SE (1)
Ultraman BS (2)
Ultraman CE (9)

If you got our email blast feel free to order... If you didn't email us for it... TY to everyone and CONGRATS to Spooky ! We probably will have some spares left after all this settles out as some people ordered from both Spooky and us then asked for a refund etc... If you want a game and didn't get one - feel free to email us and we'll assist until we are sold out...

Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]

#8126 2 years ago

One thing...that plastic ball hop plastic. That could be a knife blade instead. Modders? Orrrr...Spooky add on from the shop perhaps?

#8127 2 years ago

Halloween CE

Order ID Number: 11627
Order Date: 07/07/21 9:48am

First NIB

Took awhile to order and i had to call bank because they blocked funds due to "possible fraud" so they cleared it and i re-ordered it, before that i was getting the red x 252 thing.

#8128 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Jelly!

#8129 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Mark my words. Flippers will use the following: My wife said the theme is not suitable for the family. Well duh. Of course it is not family friendly, it’s based on a horror film.

We really need an alternative term for scalpers other than "flippers." I always get thrown for a mental loop whenever I read something like this on a pinball forum.

#8130 2 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

You’re way off here. We were all on the site at 9am trying over and over again to buy. Some people randomly got through faster than others. You made it to a deeper error step than some, but it is no different than getting a 503 error when placing the order. You did nothing to earn a spot ahead of something that actually placed on order on the site.

I don't think I'm off at all. All I'm saying is that if I got the false order placement message at 9:07 and a successful order placement message at 9:37, I shouldn't have 300 buyers that received the false messages between 9:07 and 9:37 that never tried to fix things jump me in line.

I think Spooky should go with the actual successful order placement times. They COULD TRY to figure out everyone's false order times...but as you've pointed out there are deeper levels of errors with different Buyers and, as I suggested, this would be a HUGE mess. IMO the approach that would be LEAST FAIR would be to penalize those of us that recognized the problem by putting everyone that didn't recognize the problem ahead of us.

If you continue to disagree, so be it. We're all entitled to our opinions.

#8131 2 years ago

Just ordered a CE from Pinball Star easy ordering.

#8132 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Yep, key part of her first text is “our order”.

#8133 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

One thing...that plastic ball hop plastic. That could be a knife blade instead. Modders? Orrrr...Spooky add on from the shop perhaps?

So, you went ahead and bought one?

#8134 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

PinballSTAR update at 3pm -
We still have left :
Halloween SE (2)
Halloween BS (1)
Halloween CE (8)
Ultraman SE (1)
Ultraman BS (2)
Ultraman CE (9)
If you got our email blast feel free to order... If you didn't email us for it... TY to everyone and CONGRATS to Spooky ! We probably will have some spares left after all this settles out as some people ordered from both Spooky and us then asked for a refund etc... If you want a game and didn't get one - feel free to email us and we'll assist until we are sold out...
Joe Newhart
PinballSTAR Amusements
[email protected]

So your Ultraman sales are ahead of Halloween by one? 500 is definitely way too low of an allocation. Knew it when they posted that. But I guess Charlie is a student of "leave them wanting more."

#8135 2 years ago

Of course I did, just because I had some concerns doesn’t mean I dont want the thing. It looks amazing...I just wanted to make sure it was right for me since I can’t put it on location.

Quoted from finnflash:

So, you went ahead and bought one?

#8136 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

We really need an alternative term for scalpers other than "flippers." I always get thrown for a mental loop whenever I read something like this on a pinball forum.

How about scumbags?

#8137 2 years ago

Damn, FOMO got me in the end

#8138 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Honestly I meant to ask here what that was? The clear plastic across the table in front of the drop targets or behind them?

#8139 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I don't think you want something completely opaque. I think perhaps a printing of a clothesline might be appropriate. Michael standing behind those sheets is another iconic scene from the movie.

Quoted from blastbeat:

Honestly I meant to ask here what that was? The clear plastic across the table in front of the drop targets or behind them?

It's an airball protector over the drop targets. I think there is a chance some with non-locations owners will just remove it, pending the frequency of airballs.

#8140 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I like Trish, there's a bit of resistance, but not that much! She knows what's good for you!! (In this case, both Halloween and Ultraman!)

#8141 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Christopher Franci’s Super Awesome Pinball Show.

Highly recommend the episode. They did a great job in the interview.

#8142 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So your Ultraman sales are ahead of Halloween by one? 500 is definitely way too low of an allocation. Knew it when they posted that. But I guess Charlie is a student of "leave them wanting more."

Those numbers are what he has remaining, not sold. The balance of 1250 HW and 500 UM sold out at Spooky around the same time which means that they underestimated demand almost equally for both titles. 1750 games in 3 hours is no joke! If you added up all of the machines that AP, Dutch, Deeproot, Zidware, and Pinball Brothers have manufactured total, It's likely pretty comparable. Spooky gets it done!

#8143 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

3 letters: A W S

Meh - a platform (or services) does not equal the app

#8144 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

I don't think I'm off at all. All I'm saying is that if I got the false order placement message at 9:07 and a successful order placement message at 9:37, I shouldn't have 300 buyers that received the false messages between 9:07 and 9:37 that never tried to fix things jump me in line.
I think Spooky should go with the actual successful order placement times. They COULD TRY to figure out everyone's false order times...but as you've pointed out there are deeper levels of errors with different Buyers and, as I suggested, this would be a HUGE mess. IMO the approach that would be LEAST FAIR would be to penalize those of us that recognized the problem by putting everyone that didn't recognize the problem ahead of us.

I am not in a crazy hurry to get my CE. I got mine ordered at 9:04 with a pretty low order number. I still have an Alien being delivered in a couple weeks. I will probably have my build date pushed back when they figure it all out. I just really wanted to make sure I get the game.

#8145 2 years ago
Quoted from Coindork:

Yep, key part of her first text is “our order”.

Does she have a sister? Asking for a friend.

(My wife is as supportive as can be -- no complaints on my side! Just need a bigger house.)

#8146 2 years ago
Quoted from curban:

I think we are saying the same thing. I don’t think getting the false order message entitles anyone to anything

#8147 2 years ago

Like Coindork, I bought a CE of each title (Thank you Joe at PinballSTAR!). Partly because I am unsure which one to keep, and also because I was trying to grab a spot for a buddy who is camping. Found out after, that he found some WiFi and got an UM CE himself. So now I have 2 with room for 1. But unlike Coindork, I don't have the balls to let the wife know we are in for both... haha!! Oh well, plenty of time to figure out which I want to keep, just hope the numbers are a ways apart so I don't have 2 balances to pay at the same time.

#8148 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I am not in a crazy hurry to get my CE. I got mine ordered at 9:04 with a pretty low order number. I still have an Alien being delivered in a couple weeks. I will probably have my build date pushed back when they figure it all out. I just really wanted to make sure I get the game.

Great attitude! (sincerely) Sadly, I'm a greedier son-of-a-gun and want the darn thing NOW!

Quoted from nicoy3k:

I think we are saying the same thing. I don’t think getting the false order message entitles anyone to anything

...yes, in that case we are pretty much saying the same thing. Although, I dofeel for the people that got screwed by the false order messages...just not to the degree that it costs me! (see greedy son-of-gun comment above!)

#8149 2 years ago

You guys aren't gonna believe this, my transmission bit the dust on the way back from lunch, and considering the blue book on a 2009 Honda Fit is less than an Ultraman CE, it doesn't make sense to buy a game instead of a new (used) car. PMs open.

#8150 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

You guys aren't gonna believe this, my transmission bit the dust on the way back from lunch, and considering the blue book on a 2009 Honda Fit is less than an Ultraman CE, it doesn't make sense to buy a game instead of a new (used) car. PMs open.

Okay...so who had the "under" on 2:27 CST?

(...and if you're not joking, then sorry to hear your bad news)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Saginaw, MI
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
NinjaCamp Mods
Other
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
6,350 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lexington, KY
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, DE
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods
Shooter rods
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 300.00
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,399 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 268.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/163?hl=nicoy3k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.