7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 269.
#8051 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Are the differences between the CE and BSE the topper, shooter knob, laser cut rails, different powder coat and red plastic protectors?
Aside from that, everything is the same?

You got it.

#8052 2 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

3 letters: A W S

Fuck aws. Shit is way too expensive.

Quoted from fnord:

A couple more letters that don't require an IT team: S H O P I F Y

Yeah, that's a good one - it carries a monthly fee, but so does hosting. And they could set up a shop just for game launches and then take it down.

#8053 2 years ago

Zero products now appear in the pinball machine category on Spooky's site. Sold out?!

#8054 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Who
Had 12:58 ? That was pretty damn close lol !!

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Place your bets!
Prediction:
Spooky sells out of Ultraman at 12:37 p.m. EST today.
Spooky sells out of Halloween at 4:24 p.m. EST today.
In this case "sells out" is defined as no longer available Spooky direct from their website.

Close!!!

#8055 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Zero products now appear in the pinball machine category on Spooky's site. Sold out?!

Try Nitro they still have them up

#8056 2 years ago

Probably crunching numbers with distributors to see exactly where everyone is at. I'm not sure I trust Nitro's supply.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#8057 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Fuck aws. Shit is way too expensive.

You have to hedge your investment by buying AMZN stock.

#8058 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

I would just make a dedicated flow for spiky loads like pre-orders. Find a scalable payment provider that has a basic inventory/checkout concept and that can be integrated with from just a static web page, and then host that on a CDN. Basically like what Joe is doing with his Paypal buttons + email blast, but on a static web page instead like https://preorder.spookypinball.com. If Paypal feels are too high, it looks like charge.com has fees as low as 0.25% and has a shopping cart (never tried it).
Cheap to build, run and maintain. As scalable as your payment provider and CDN. Done.

Hell, if they get rid of the blood sucker pre-order requirement (above assumes as much), maybe they could even make a fucking Amazon store and just sell pre-orders through there. They literally only need this scalability/capability a few hours out of the year.

#8059 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Hell, if they get rid of the blood sucker pre-order requirement (above assumes as much), maybe they could even make a fucking Amazon store and just sell pre-orders through there. They literally only need this scalability/capability a few hours out of the year.

I think Amazon gets enough of our money!

#8060 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

The real problem was it was NOT an error message.
It said "Your order was placed. Thank you for your business"
Hence why I figured I was good at that point.

I don't disagree. The message said exactly "Your order has been received. Thank you for your business! (ID 252)"...but the message had a red X-'d out circle to the left of it, the shopping cart was still full, no confirmation e-mail received, no pending charge on credit card. So many of us kept repaying and refreshing until we didn't receive the error, saw the charge on our credit cards, and received a confirmation email. For me this took about 25 minutes. If my spot was based on my first failed order placement compared to all the other failed order placements, I'd be happy. I'd be disappointed if the failed orders got bumped ahead of my successful order.

#8061 2 years ago

In for a CE Halloween! Thanks Spooky

#8062 2 years ago

Congrats to Spooky and all the future owners! This is incredible to see. Crazy to think that there will be more Spooky Halloween games made than a mega license game like Stern Beatles. It just shows that hard work and continual improvements pay off! Can't wait to see more on these games and hopefully play one soon.

#8063 2 years ago

Deeproot is rolling over in it's grave.

#8064 2 years ago

Is it Beer'30 yet

#8065 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

They don't have a grave. They have to make it first.

#8066 2 years ago

Next time just announce the theme and that they’re ready ,start heading to Benton .Like Sturgis except you can’t bring it home on 2 wheels .Crazed pinheads invading Benton foaming at the mouth .

#8067 2 years ago

The problem with the shop is there is no point paying all that extra for a really high end one 99% of the time. Once ever 12-20 months isn't worth it.

#8068 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Maybe Michael can show them the way!!

#8069 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

Maybe Michael can show them the way!!

You RANG.....

SOLD_OUT (resized).pngSOLD_OUT (resized).png
#8070 2 years ago
Quoted from herg:

"Yeah, yeah, guys from Benton, WI. Your pinball tables are going to do nearly $2M in pre-order sales in less than 3 hours? ... Sure!"

They did even better than that, my friend. Spooky sold $15M of pinball machines today. They may have collected $2M in downpayment, but $15M in Total $ale$ in three hours is Wowza, impressive!! Maybe Spooky could educate a certain podcaster or become subject of a Harvard Business Review Case Study on how to effectively market and sell out of your product on day one. Spooky knows its customers well and takes care of business, like a Boss.

#8071 2 years ago

So how about one of those nice Spooky Halloween banners you posted being shipped along with any CE preorder?! It would really tie my pinball room together…

#8072 2 years ago

Wow, Congratulations Spooky! You're obviously doing many things right. Many of us love your pinball machines and the themes are appealing to many!

But...I wonder if the TRUE GENIUS was in the marketing and building up the absolutely CRAZY anticipation for these titles, as demonstrated today.
Well Done!

#8073 2 years ago

On/off topic. Are most spooky owners happy with quality of builds, components, etc.. any big issues etc.? I've mostly heard very good things. Not that it matters now since I bought a CE Halloween but....

#8074 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

They don't need graves. You just cremated them with the comment! If you're ever near Bay City I owe you a beer for making me spit out my drink.

#8075 2 years ago

Are the differences between the CE and BSE the topper, shooter knob, laser cut rails, different powder coat and red plastic protectors?

Custom speaker grills, Ship toy

#8076 2 years ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

On/off topic. Are most spooky owners happy with quality of builds, components, etc.. any big issues etc.? I've mostly heard very good things. Not that it matters now since I bought a CE Halloween but....

I have a TNA that I bought from the its first owner...and the only issue I had was that the targets needed to be gapped a little closer so the targets were more sensitive.

I bought RaM new, and aside from doing a few tweaks to the targets & switches like TNA, it's been pretty great. I had a broken topper motor & Spooky promptly sent me a new one...that one also broke, and they sent me another new one and it's been fine since. They discovered a problem with the legs being too close to the cabinet, and sent everyone new legs.

I love the Spooky experience so far...of course I'd love perfection out of the box, but the fact that they're really on the ball with fixes, service, and sending parts makes them A+++ in my book.

#8077 2 years ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

Overall yes. Cabinet and PF build quality is as good as it gets. Some individual game components on R&M have been problematic and necessitated either Spooky or community redesigns. Some of the smaller annoyances (board connectors, PSU fan noise, etc) were specifically addressed in the new games. Each new release is an improvement from the last. Communication and support is easily the best in the hobby.

#8078 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Who?

#8079 2 years ago

Ok now bring on Beetlejuice!

#8080 2 years ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

I bought a mid-run TNA and a late-run R&M and am very happy with both. Playfields are great on both. TNA has had absolutely no issues. R&M had one ribbon cable that needed to be resecured with hot glue and one switch that needed a slight adjustment, but has been rock solid since I fixed those issues.

#8081 2 years ago
Quoted from Penguindeity:

They don't need graves. You just cremated them with the comment! If you're ever near Bay City I owe you a beer for making me spit out my drink.

Deal. Cheers!!

#8082 2 years ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

On R&M pf and cab are top notch. There's a few problem areas that hopefully are addressed on the new games. Perhaps one of the most frustrating issues was the flippers, but HWN/ULT are using Ben's new board I believe so hopefully that one is easier to get the flippers dialed in.

I will say, the jump to all the mechs and stuff on this new set will be interesting to see how well they last or how problematic they are.

#8083 2 years ago

This, all this!

Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

They did even better than that, my friend. Spooky sold $15M of pinball machines today. They may have collected $2M in downpayment, but $15M in Total $ale$ in three hours is Wowza, impressive!! Maybe Spooky could educate a certain podcaster or become subject of a Harvard Business Review Case Study on how to effectively market and sell out of your product on day one. Spooky knows its customers well and takes care of business, like a Boss.

#8084 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

I think Amazon gets enough of our money!

Everybody wants their cut. Payment providers, store fronts, cloud computing, developers, etc. Spooky just has to find the right balance given their requirements.

#8085 2 years ago

Definitely premature to think about the next, next game, but fun to speculate. I can imagine them doing something totally different to switch things up and unpredictable. Halloween is the kind of game I hoped a company like Spooky would build.

I'd love to see them work through other horror icons, like Nightmare on Elm Street, Hellraiser, Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I know there is a Nightmare on Elm Street pin, but would be great to see a modern one, and the old one wasn't even good for the era, let alone compared to the depth of a modern pin coding.

#8086 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

That’s what I did.
Hopefully Nitro didn’t oversell whatever number of machines they were allotted.

No we haven't...and still have preorders left

#8087 2 years ago

So...Now that we've already bought a game...Can we see some gameplay video now Charlie ?

#8088 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

So...Now that we've already bought a game...Can we see some gameplay video now Charlie ?

They are waiting for Jack Danger / DeadFlip stream...

#8089 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

They are waiting for Jack Danger / DeadFlip stream...

Luke posted that he'd get something up in the next few days.

#8090 2 years ago

I am surprised people didn't think the Halloween theme wouldn't be wildly successful. It is a top 5 horror movie, by almost everyone. The music is instantly universally recognizable and iconic. I am not surprised it sold out day 1 in a few hours.

if Spooky wanted to continue down this horror road I would like to recommend John Carpenters' The Thing . That music is also great/iconic! And the callouts would be fantastic! "Yeah...fuck you too!"

Ultraman was a brilliant retheme as well. Overall, a great follow up to a fantastic Rick and Morty theme choice.

Congratulations Spooky Pinball!

Not to brag, but I thought it would be a cool idea back a few months ago https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/288#post-6164009

#8091 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Probably crunching numbers with distributors to see exactly where everyone is at. I'm not sure I trust Nitro's supply.
[quoted image]

Our supply is listed internally, and will cutoff when we are sold out..

#8092 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

Definitely premature to think about the next, next game, but fun to speculate. I can imagine them doing something totally different to switch things up and unpredictable. Halloween is the kind of game I hoped a company like Spooky would build.
I'd love to see them work through other horror icons, like Nightmare on Elm Street, Hellraiser, Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I know there is a Nightmare on Elm Street pin, but would be great to see a modern one, and the old one wasn't even good for the era, let alone compared to the depth of a modern pin coding.

Awww man I love my Freddy pin,, callouts are great. Roberts real voice... Talking Kruger head... cool claw save feature. I modded my machine pretty extensively and still have more to do but its bolted to the floor in my collection.

#8093 2 years ago

I wonder how many ce vs bse vs std. Since I got a ce that will tell us the lead time on receiving a machine.

#8094 2 years ago

Not sure if I would say it’s a top five, maybe top ten. I’m not at all surprised how quickly they sold out.

Quoted from Goronic:

I am surprised people didn't think the Halloween theme wouldn't be wildly successful. It is a top 5 horror movie, by almost everyone. The music is instantly universally recognizable and iconic. I am not surprised it sold out day 1 in a few hours.
if Spooky wanted to continue down this horror road I would like to recommend. John Carpenters' The Thing . That music is also great/iconic! And the callouts would be fantatastic! "Yeah...fuck you too!"
Ultraman was a brilliant retheme as well. Overall, a great follow up to a fantastic Rick and Morty theme choice.
Congratulations Spooky Pinball!

#8095 2 years ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

I think the games themselves are well built, solid and the themes and software are excellent. But the generic parts are definitely on the cheaper side (i've had two switches literally fall apart now on R&M), and they use smaller gauge wire and have way too many strain points on the wiring harness, which can cause issues with broken solder points. The cabinets can flex which makes it hard to get the lockdown bar on due to glass interference. Also, the printing on the plastics and playfield isn't fantastic - the blacks are more grey and colours get washed out. They should do a double or triple hit on the blacks to improve that. Overall I would put them below Stern in terms of general fit and finish.

All that said, Ultraman will be my second NIB from them so clearly I don't have a huge issue with these points but it certainly is noticeable next to my Dialed In.

#8096 2 years ago
Quoted from Venom77:

Awww man I love my Freddy pin,, callouts are great. Roberts real voice... Talking Kruger head... cool claw save feature. I modded my machine pretty extensively and still have more to do but its bolted to the floor in my collection.

To be fair, I've only played it myself for about 20 minutes and the machine played on had lots of issues. I'm a Nightmare on Elm Street superfan, so would like to get some more time on one, but didn't want to risk buying since always heard it doesn't pass muster for extended homeplay. I think sometimes machines just get a reputation, whether fair or not. I owned a Popeye had a lot of fun with, and that is apparently one of the most hated pins of all time.

In any case I'd love to get a spooky one with deep code full of movie assets

#8097 2 years ago

Next Spooky prediction: Hellraiser / Tremors.

#8098 2 years ago
Quoted from Obed_Marsh:

To be fair, I've only played it myself for about 20 minutes and the machine played on had lots of issues. I'm a Nightmare on Elm Street superfan, so would like to get some more time on one, but didn't want to risk buying since always heard it doesn't pass muster for extended homeplay. I think sometimes machines just get a reputation, whether fair or not. I owned a Popeye had a lot of fun with, and that is apparently one of the most hated pins of all time.
In any case I'd love to get a spooky one with deep code full of movie assets

fair.giffair.gif
#8099 2 years ago

And Knife in Shooter lane and speaker grills are different.

#8100 2 years ago

can anyone suggest a recent podcast that has more information about the Halloween pin? I saw it posted several pages back but can't find it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nipomo, CA
$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arabi, LA
$ 49.99
$ 13,500.00
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/162?hl=capn12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.