7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 269.
#701 2 years ago

So I bought a Fang Club membership but only received an email receipt. How's confirmation go during that 2 week window? Do I need some Fang Club number, or is it tied to my email?

#702 2 years ago

Fang club is a way to support the company AND give them an income stream outside of game sales. The original idea was that yes, FC members get first access and the rest get what's left. R&M sold out pretty much instantly, so none left. In that case FC was mandatory.

Not much different from Stern LEs all being pre-sold out. Instead of a FC membership, you either pay way over retail, or you have a longstanding relationship with a dist (which means you've spent $$$ in the past)

#703 2 years ago

Hey guys I'm in Australia an love Rick an Morty an being new to pinball didn't know how the shipping works an the payments now I get everything is USD so I covert it from AUD that's fine but the shipping worries me now I'll be honest I wasn't ready when Rick an Morty was released but I am more so now plus if it's Scooby Doo my dream with my mario brothers I gotta have it so question

If I join fang witch I will an it's Scooby an I wanna buy does spooky do the handling an hassle work of importing them I believe in Australia MR PINBALL is there distributor but not sure as he was selling the ACNC brand new but RnM was different an I'm guessing this new machine will aswell

The thing that scares me an some friends is not only the flipper that sells the spot n makes heaps $$$ but the shipping an headache I've never done I an worried of the logistics does spooky help with anything once u make deposit of the machine

I really like spookys but I do like with stern I email or ring up enquire on the game an pay 50% an get invoice an pay the other %50 when it's at warehouse ready to ship to my door

Just honestly never looked into the shipping side of things now I know 19 people brought an paided for a shipping container of ricks at some point an I believe that's all Australia got but I don't theses people an wasn't ready aswell thanks for any assistance guys cheers HOPEING for scooby Doo haha

#704 2 years ago

The fang club is a good way to help out the spooky team. They are great people and are willing to help you in a moments notice. Charlie and Kayte have always helped me promptly with any issues that arise. Plus you get some cool grab bag stuff!

#705 2 years ago

There is no such a thing as "overselling" fang club memberships. The Fang Club is open to anyone and is for the swag and to support Spooky pinball. The chance to buy a game 2 weeks early is only part of it and an added benefit. If that in your sole reason for joining, then I can see why you would want memberships limited so you are guaranteed a game, but that's not how it works. There are plenty that join for other reasons. Personally, I joined again and have no intentions of buying the new game (unless it is ED/AoD).

So accusing Spooky of "overselling" an unlimited membership is pretty dumb. Either join or don't, and good luck when the game goes on sale.

#706 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Oh, okay, I never got that far with the distributor I tried, he wanted to still take care of previous customers first, so we never got to that question, and I went to the website after that, I wasn't about to chance waiting two days!
Although in hindsight, since it turned out he had some left after all, I should have bought two!

yes, you were still required to be a fang club member in order to purchase in the 2 week window. since i don't hace access to who is and who isn't a member, i had to accept people's word about it.

#707 2 years ago

You could also request a screenshot of the fang club confirmation email, I have one standing by just in case it’s required. Super pumped to see what’s next!

Quoted from KingPinGames:

yes, you were still required to be a fang club member in order to purchase in the 2 week window. since i don't hace access to who is and who isn't a member, i had to accept people's word about it.

#708 2 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Stern offered the insider program before the Fang Club. But the Stern program doesn’t give early purchase rights.

you sure about that?

39428426-4138-4C4E-95B1-82271C0DB6D0 (resized).jpeg39428426-4138-4C4E-95B1-82271C0DB6D0 (resized).jpeg
#709 2 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Gotcha, Chris! Hey, I hope you know there are no hard feelings on my end, and if I ever sounded critical it wasn't meant to be, I was trying to just relate my experience.

Creating FOMO is fraught with pitfalls on both sides! Imagine the chaos if they really tried enforcing the policy with distribs.

#710 2 years ago

Don't forget...unless they change lots of things this time around, whatever # they announce, expect ~50 less that go to 'people' before you. They all do it, just something to be aware of.

The biggest hurdle last time was really the web site being soooo slow. I thought I was going to miss out because somehow 2 got added to my cart. I made the 'mistake' of clearing that..then it took me nearly another 20 minutes to get another game added and to the cart.

I'm hoping a little bit of this process changes for the future games. I'm sure they'll announce more (they said something about a new website) as it gets closer to game announcement.

#711 2 years ago
Quoted from DeprivedFallacy:

Hey guys I'm in Australia an love Rick an Morty an being new to pinball didn't know how the shipping works

Google Spooky Pinball Australia and get in contact with those guys ASAP and discuss the process, so you’re prepared for the next release.

rd

#712 2 years ago

My guess is whatever the next title is - i’m in.

5078026C-4E19-42D9-8973-29456548A7ED (resized).jpeg5078026C-4E19-42D9-8973-29456548A7ED (resized).jpeg
#713 2 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

My guess is whatever the next title is - i’m in. [quoted image]

Where's America's Most Haunted?

#714 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Where's America's Most Haunted?

I’ve been looking for one for a long time. Never seem to find one a reasonable distance away. A couple in the marketplace for a good price but i dont wanna drive that far. And i’m too stubborn to ship a game.

#715 2 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

I’ve been looking for one for a long time. Never seem to find one a reasonable distance away. A couple in the marketplace for a good price but i dont wanna drive that far. And i’m too stubborn to ship a game.

Well now, that doesn't sound like much of a Spooky fan.

Pandemic road trip!

Or, just put a wanted ad in the Pinside marketplace.

#716 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well now, that doesn't sound like much of a Spooky fan.
Pandemic road trip!
Or, just put a wanted ad in the Pinside marketplace.

Haha touché. I’m good for about 8hrs each way. Though last summer i drove all the way to wisconsin for a MM. i’m not above road trips by any means!

#717 2 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

Haha touché. I’m good for about 8hrs each way. Though last summer i drove all the way to wisconsin for a MM. i’m not above road trips by any means!

Well then, in that case, a marketplace "wanted" ad might bring you the prospect you want.

(The Chicago, IL one in the market is only a hair under 10hrs away, if they can meet you in Ekhart and do a truck to truck or van to van move, that's almost exactly 8 hrs.)

#718 2 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

There is an Americans most haunted for sale in my local fb marketplace. It's In Albion Michigan.

#719 2 years ago
Quoted from Mitoska:

There is an Americans most haunted for sale in my local fb marketplace. It's In Albion Michigan.

Almost exactly 8 hours. But with a non-pinsider, I'd be more wary.

Look at all these solutions to too much money we're coming up with!

#720 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Almost exactly 8 hours. But with a non-pinsider, I'd be more wary.
Look at all these solutions to too much money we're coming up with!

He might be on pinside. His name is Travis, I've seen his adds before. I don't know him personally though., He had a tmnt and TOM for sale recently, but I think he's a fairly new collector, . A local guy near me has all the spooky games also...including dominos spectacular! Fun to play at his house

#721 2 years ago
Quoted from Completist:

Two that I know of in GA for sale. Not that far. PM me if you are interested.

#722 2 years ago

Thanks everyone! I’ve been known to cave to peer pressure when its something i want to do anyway what kind of Completist would i be if i didn’t finish at least one collection??

Fwiw i think Spooky is going to knock the next one out of the park, regardless of theme. I mean you can’t just throw “more better” around haphazardly right?

#723 2 years ago

I haven't been following this thread, so sorry if this has been mentioned, but is there any consensus on what the next game is?

#724 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I haven't been following this thread, so sorry if this has been mentioned, but is there any consensus on what the next game is?

Your guess is as good as ours.

#725 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

We know it’s not TNA 2.0 and it’s going to be a pinball. Other than that????

#726 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

We know it’s not TNA 2.0 and it’s going to be a pinball. Other than that????

Didn't they also say not Scooby?

#727 2 years ago

Well, my guess is John Carpenter's Halloween. (I really don't think that's what it will be, but that would be my choice I think)

#728 2 years ago
05974F7B-DFDE-4758-9431-5045CD893F04 (resized).jpeg05974F7B-DFDE-4758-9431-5045CD893F04 (resized).jpeg
#729 2 years ago

Halloween w/ Ken Taylor art would be sick

halloween_by_ken_taylor_reg_01 (resized).jpghalloween_by_ken_taylor_reg_01 (resized).jpg
#730 2 years ago
Quoted from fnord:

Halloween w/ Ken Taylor art would be sick[quoted image]

Wow that is gorgeous artwork.
I’d prefer Beetlejuice, Evil Dead/AOD, Little Shop Of Horrors, something with a horror/comedy vibe but Halloween could be cool.

#731 2 years ago

Reanimator would be an instant buy.

Quoted from Azmodeus:

[quoted image]

#732 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Didn't they also say not Scooby?

I don't think Spooky has said anything.

#733 2 years ago

Another great theme that I haven't seen many people mention would be Trick R' Treat. Due to the nature of the story it lends itself to modes. If you haven't seen this, check it out, very good movie.

trick (resized).JPGtrick (resized).JPG
#734 2 years ago

Trick r treat is my Halloween night / go to movie...

I thought it was good when I first saw it but it has aged like fine wine to me. Just a bit better every time.

#735 2 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I thought it was good when I first saw it but it has aged like fine wine to me. Just a bit better every time.

Duplicate sorry.

#736 2 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

You catch so much with each viewing. We watch it every Halloween as well.

#737 2 years ago

Third conjuring coming out at the beginning of June and the game is due to be announced in June? Doubtful but you never know!

C046257D-C866-4FB8-A706-E6278ECE02EB (resized).jpegC046257D-C866-4FB8-A706-E6278ECE02EB (resized).jpeg
#738 2 years ago

I don't really understand where all this love for Beatle Juice is coming from. Was it really that great of a movie? Is there a big cult following for it? I just remember the movie being pretty average really and also don't recall it being a big hit either. I don't think I've heard this movie mentioned by anyone for 30 years until this thread.

Am I just out of touch??

#739 2 years ago

Yes.

Quoted from Drac:

I don't really understand where all this love for Beatle Juice is coming from. Was it really that great of a movie? Is there a big cult following for it? I just remember the movie being pretty average really and also don't recall it being a big hit either. I don't think I've heard this movie mentioned by anyone for 30 years until this thread.
Am I just out of touch??

#740 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Am I just out of touch??

Most Tim Burton films have a large cult following. Really, most of the genre we're talking about doesn't do that well in theaters, and garners cult followings over time. I'm not a huge fan of Beetlejuice really, but it's enjoyable and can see where it could make for a decent pin theme.

#741 2 years ago
Quoted from Drac:

Am I just out of touch??

Yeah, it's pretty popular. It was made into a Broadway Musical in 2018. It wouldn't be my dream theme, but I don't think they would have trouble finding 1,000 owners, assuming the layout is decent.

#742 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Most Tim Burton films have a large cult following. Really, most of the genre we're talking about doesn't do that well in theaters, and garners cult followings over time. I'm not a huge fan of Beetlejuice really, but it's enjoyable and can see where it could make for a decent pin theme.

I am a huge horror fan and get the whole cult following thing but just never imagined such a thing for Beetle Juice. As much as I am a horror fan, horror/comedies just don't do it for me with only the very rare exception.

#743 2 years ago

I know Spooky is tied to horror (after all, they love horror movies), but I wouldn’t count out other options. Rick and Morty is hardly horror. It’ll be interesting to see what the next pin is...I can think of several good titles (horror or just cult following) that would be great.

#744 2 years ago

Beetlegeuse is a great movie, so many cool things one could use towards pinball with it. If that is the next title.....hopefully “Dante’s
Inferno” is one of the mechs in it

#745 2 years ago

Easily up for a Nightmare Before Christmas pin, please make it so.

#746 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Easily up for a Nightmare Before Christmas pin, please make it so.

There’s a guy on here who did a one-off...awesome looking pin! The rights are held by Disney so licensing seemed to kill any further development.

#747 2 years ago

Disney is too fuking “woke” these days.

#748 2 years ago

Oh god, here we go.

Quoted from Billygrippo:

Disney is too fuking “woke” these days.

#749 2 years ago

Spooky's next theme is confirmed to have three editions. I'm in for the Frenken Berry, which would be the equivalent to a Stern Premium. The pink armor on this machine really snap, crackle, and pops.

monsters (resized).jpgmonsters (resized).jpg

#750 2 years ago

I knew someone would get offended
Settle down buddy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

15,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/15?hl=charlemagne1987 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.