7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 269.
#7501 2 years ago

how many ultraman games are are for domestic sales?

#7502 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I think you can tell enough from the short promo video, the pics and the ruleset. Most of you have been in pinball long enough to judge whether you’ll like it or not from what’s already been shown.

I would like to hear a bit more of the general sound, as this is very important to me personally. Also what goes on the display.

#7503 2 years ago

so its 10am central? 11 east coast time then? and it will be showing up at the shop.spookypinball.com ? (pinball machines)

#7504 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

Spooky sold 750 R&Ms on day one. Even though R&M may have been more popular, the pinball market has changed since then, prices are way up, buyers are way more crazy! I see Spooky (and distros combined) easily selling 1000 combined (H andUM) pins. But I don't see either title selling out completely today (none available from Spooky or any distro). I hope I'm wrong. Good luck Spooky!

So I just have to say.. Rick and Morty theme is not more popular. Not sure why so many people believe the horror genre wont justify sales especially at a low edition run.

Here are some company's right now that sale Michael Myers stuff in the so called POP culture we live in today. If anyone is interested in cool stuff in the horror genre then highly recommend you check out the following just to start. A lot of the items will display nicely with your new Halloween Spooky machine There are many more but just a FYI.

www.Prime1studios.com - They are making a 1/2 scale Michael Myers statue.
www.Sideshow.com - Can get Halloween stuff there all day.
www.TrickrTreatstudios.com - Can get Halloween stuff there
www.Monster-mania.com - Horror show convention running multiple shows a year
www.Collectpcs.com - Michael Myers statues
www.Monsterpalooza.com - Horror Convention
www.Texasfrightmareweekend.com - Horror Convention

#7505 2 years ago
Quoted from monkfe:

so its 10am central? 11 east coast time then? and it will be showing up at the shop.spookypinball.com ? (pinball machines)

9 central

#7506 2 years ago
Quoted from Venom77:

So I just have to say.. Rick and Morty theme is not more popular. Not sure why so many people believe the horror genre wont justify sales especially at a low edition run.
Here are some company's right now that sale Michael Myers stuff in the so called POP culture we live in today. If anyone is interested in cool stuff in the horror genre then highly recommend you check out the following just to start. A lot of the items will display nicely with your new Halloween Spooky machine
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"812a8f39333dcf3c62600be4c47fe6cf7fc7a57d-1625664074-1800"};
//]]>

There are many more but just a FYI.

Yeah it’s not like the original VHS sells for thousands of dollars or anything.

#7507 2 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Perhaps this Diamond Iced Michael Myers Chain will tickle your fancy priced at $42,500.00: ebay item 123347618849
s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg

#7508 2 years ago
Quoted from Venom77:

So I just have to say.. Rick and Morty theme is not more popular.

I guess it depends on how you define popular. R&M IP is a currently airing series owned by Adult Swim. Halloween is a 43 year old movie. There's no way anyone could list all the sites that sell R&M related items. But I get your point, Halloween has a faithful following (myself included).

#7509 2 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

Or original movie posters.... not just Halloween either. Any horror movie. If you go way back to to Universal Monsters days.. Anyone can just google Kirk Hamlett from Metallica and look at his Movie poster collection worth millions of dollars.

#7510 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Perhaps this Diamond Iced Michael Myers Chain will tickle your fancy priced at $42,500.00: ebay item 1cb8174c21:g:KZMAAOSwXFFbjBra[quoted image]

Nice shooter mod!

#7511 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

They will sell a large portion of their pins almost instantly. When I bought my Rick and Morty, I was refreshing right at release time, ordered immediately (within minutes of it being available for sale) and would up with pin 373 of 750, so that is 1/2 within minutes. I had a great experience ordering from Spooky direct, but I'm sure ordering through a distributor would work great too.

I'm looking forward to buying my 1st machine directly from Spooky. Have R&M and ACNC and enjoy everything about them. I understand some concerns over risk given limited gameplay views but Spooky has good history with me. Good luck all!

#7512 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Nice shooter mod!

I'll stick with my knife handle.

#7513 2 years ago
Quoted from Venom77:

Here are some company's right now that sale Michael Myers stuff in the so called POP culture we live in today. If anyone is interested in cool stuff in the horror genre then highly recommend you check out the following just to start. A lot of the items will display nicely with your new Halloween Spooky machine There are many more but just a FYI.

It is funny you mention this, as I was at the mall last night and had to take a picture of this kiosk.

PXL_20210706_205447094 (resized).jpgPXL_20210706_205447094 (resized).jpg
#7514 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

It is funny you mention this, as I was at the mall last night and had to take a picture of this kiosk.
[quoted image]

I need this!

EDIT: Found and ordered!

#7515 2 years ago

I'm sure this will be a great game but I'm just trying to speculate if it's going to be a great game for me.

Is Halloween high energy with enthusiastic call outs or is it more of a slower suspense shooter game?

Do those hedge scoops fire the balls back out really fast like TnA and R&M or is is a lot of stop and go.

Maybe the game just isn't ready to show game footage and that's OK for many people. Not really for me. It's not that I don't trust spooky. I do as they are a fantastic company with great people.

All I know is I refuse to pay a bottom feeder flipper or even worse the people who sell their spot in line who never intended to enjoy the game. 30min left.

#7516 2 years ago
Quoted from arzoo:

I guess it depends on how you define popular. R&M IP is a currently airing series owned by Adult Swim. Halloween is a 43 year old movie. There's no way anyone could list all the sites that sell R&M related items. But I get your point, Halloween has a faithful following (myself included).

Fair enough lol.. 1250 machines following yeah, I think they crush that. Guess we will know soon enough going to be really interesting.

#7517 2 years ago

Really wish I could have seen this game played. Best of luck to those buying on faith alone. I would 100 percent be in on a CE had I seen this game actually played, assuming it wasn't super clunky with the upper playfields.

I have no reason to believe this wont be an amazing game, but I also have little reason to believe it will be.

Truly hoping fans get this game rather than flippers.

#7518 2 years ago

I'm buying this because it looks like a fun pin but also to fund the future of Spooky so that Michael Myers isn't lonely when he will eventually have all of the other "Spooky" future character / pins surrounding him...

Jason
Freddy
Ash
Chucky
JAWS
Killer Klowns
Leatherface
IT
Jigsaw
Pinhead

#7519 2 years ago

Games are named Halloween and Ultraman Kaiju Rumble, right? So abbreviations would be H & UKR, maybe. If Halloween ends up being called H, I will be very happy.

#7520 2 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

I used to say I wouldn’t buy a pin without playing it first. Now, I would do that as I have been contemplating this game. However it is kind of odd to not get to even see gameplay at all when putting up this kind of money. I bought TNA new, but that didn’t sell out the day it came out and I was able to play it beforehand. Oh the “old” days!

That is today's reality. The hobby has grown larger than the supply in some ways. You can take a leap of faith and buy the pin NIB with less and less information as time has shown or buy it second hand when they come up down the line.
That is just the realty when buying a boutique pinball these days.

Spooky has proven themselves to be a reputable company and this kind of action is the new norm in pinball market now.

Quoted from wackenhut:

I dont think this is going to be a race to get a game, I mean it is not a PS4 which has the world as its market lol

Millions of PS4's made compared to 1,250 Halloweens made...lol

#7521 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Games are named Halloween and Ultraman Kaiju Rumble, right? So abbreviations would be H & UKR, maybe. If Halloween ends up being called H, I will be very happy.

Haha H2$

#7522 2 years ago

I’m buying this just to post photos on my Instagram for my followers.

#7523 2 years ago

Preordering a pinball machine is easily one of the most idiotic things a reasonably intelligent person would do.

Having said that, in less than 20 minutes, I will be happily giving this tiny pinball company $2000.

#7524 2 years ago

Millions of PS4's made compared to 1,250 Halloweens made...lol

Several hundred dollars vs Several thousand dollars

#7525 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

I’m buying this just to post photos on my Instagram for my followers.

IHR0Qb0 (resized).jpgIHR0Qb0 (resized).jpg
#7526 2 years ago

Im still on the fence to which one .I’ll let the impulse shopper in me have its day

#7527 2 years ago

Wonder if Spooky has their website cart hooked up to a bell every time there is a buy! And they are all sitting around the couch like election night lol... DING......... DING DING...... DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING .......

#7528 2 years ago

After 6 months maybe...but you can buy from distributors for weeks after the Spooky store “sell out” The fomo here is a bit manufactured. You want to bite the bullet soon but I think the whol F5 F5 F5 thing is unnecessary

Quoted from mrclean:

Yeah don’t worry 2nd hand pinside market will be 12,500-15k

#7529 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Im still on the fence to which one .I’ll let the impulse shopper in me have its day

I hear you there, originally I was going thinking id go for a BSE but now Im all about saying to hell with it and go CE lol

#7530 2 years ago

Why not just UM?

#7531 2 years ago

H1? H78? Ween?

#7532 2 years ago

Technically, it is John Carpenter's Halloween. Some have suggested JCH and UKR. They make sense to me.

#7533 2 years ago
Quoted from SharkDiver:

I hear you there, originally I was going thinking id go for a BSE but now Im all about saying to hell with it and go CE lol

I know a grand is a lot but same boat. Still haven't decided to buy but if I do it's CE. This or mando driving me nuts. I'm average at best, so worried it will be less fun as it may be geared towards higher level players. Not sure never played a spooky pin!

#7534 2 years ago

Mak

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

After 6 months maybe...but you can buy from distributors for weeks after the Spooky store “sell out” The fomo here is a bit manufactured. You want to bite the bullet soon but I think the whol F5 F5 F5 thing is unnecessary

Maybe, but the earlier you order one, the sooner it is in the production queue. With 18 months to build all of these, if you wait a bit and manage to get one from a distributor down the line you might be opening the box to play it in time for... Saint Patrick's day 2023.

#7535 2 years ago
Quoted from SharkDiver:

I hear you there, originally I was going thinking id go for a BSE but now I'm all about saying to hell with it and go CE lol

You be crazy not too... I really only wanted a standard and then do my own mods..... however 2k difference between standard and CE.. that's a no brainer.. that's a good deal... life is won with good deals lol

#7536 2 years ago

They’ve not shown the full gameplay because the game is not ready to be shown. I’m sure there is still a ton of coding left to do, even Stern struggles with getting the programming up to par for gameplay videos on some titles. Keep in mind we are all here two weeks EARLY for presale. Gameplay video will be available when sales open to the general public...the Spooky store will be sold out but distibs will still have games on hand like they did with RaM

Quoted from nicoy3k:

Then show the freaking gameplay. It’s not hard, it takes 30 minutes, they did it Rick and morty.

Id rather wait a bit and have a mid production game with all of the kinks hammered out, adjustments made and receive my game at a more developed code version personally. It’s almost a reason NOT to buy a CE. It is f’n gorgeous though. Patience is difficult but i think it pays off here. A lot of folks were pumped they didn’t have to slave over weird fixes on their RaM’s post build 150-200 or so.

Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Maybe, but the earlier you order one, the sooner it is in the production queue. With 18 months to build all of these, if you wait a bit and manage to get one from a distributor down the line you might be opening the box to play it in time for... Saint Patrick's day 2023.

#7537 2 years ago
Quoted from Venom77:

Wonder if Spooky has their website cart hooked up to a bell every time there is a buy! And they are all sitting around the couch like election night lol... DING......... DING DING...... DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING DING .......

This isn't Selleck's car dealership from the movie The Goods live hard, sell hard.. ... But if it was Charlie would say;
"I ring the bell mother-fucker!~"

bell (resized).pngbell (resized).png

#7538 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

You want to bite the bullet soon but I think the whol F5 F5 F5 thing is unnecessary

This is part of the fun!!

#7539 2 years ago
Quoted from Venom77:

You be crazy not too... I really only wanted a standard and then do my own mods..... however 2k difference between standard and CE.. that's a no brainer.. that's a good deal... life is won with good deals lol

I was thinking standard until I saw the prism powder on the BSE. That coupled with all the extras is worth the extra 1K to me. My previous most expensive pin was a NIB BM66. This will top that, now.

#7540 2 years ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

I know a grand is a lot but same boat. Still haven't decided to buy but if I do it's CE. This or mando driving me nuts. I'm average at best, so worried it will be less fun as it may be geared towards higher level players. Not sure never played a spooky pin!

Oh man right there with you on all of that! I was almost ready to grab a Mando and this was announced lol. Also an incredibly below average to average player so rule depth or lack thereof isn't that much of a concern fo me lol

#7541 2 years ago

People who have interest in the theme but waiting it out until gameplay - bad move. Market is insane right now. Game is priced really well - it will sell out. Get in now and flip it if you decide you don’t want it. If you don’t, you might miss out completely and have to pay up to get it.

If you’re crazy enough to be following a pinball website to know a game is being pre ordered in 10 min and you like the theme but still don’t get it, big mistake.

Good luck everyone

#7542 2 years ago

how many ultramans are allocated to the US market?

#7543 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

All of them (500)

#7544 2 years ago

I can’t chose between the 2 themes .This is nerve wracking lmao

#7545 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

1 with 499 to Japan.

#7546 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

I don't know why this is so important to you, but to my understanding there is nothing allocated to any market. anyone who wants to order can get online and order. They can be in Bangkok or Bangor Mane doesn't matter.

#7547 2 years ago

I dont think all of them are going to the US

#7548 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

They don't really do that allotment thing in house. Now, there are 2 distributors outside of the US, so I'd speculate 1/5 or so is pre allocated outside of US via distributors. With buying Spooky direct, they sell to whomever buys, wherever they are.

#7549 2 years ago

6 min RIDE OR DIE ! lol

#7550 2 years ago

I'm pretty sure when Rick and Morty was released we didn't have any gameplay video to go off of either.-just the launch trailer. If I remember right the first gameplay shown was during that awful Stupid Morning Bullshit show which was a terrible way to see the game played for the first time. It didn't matter to me as I knew I was in based on theme and the team behind it. -I'm pretty sure I'd blind buy any game that Scott Danesi and Eric Priepke are a part of. I'm sure if the game was ready and Spooky had licensing cleared we'd see some gameplay. What we've seen of the game so far looks great! If you're interested I think you just have to trust that Spooky will deliver a great game, which I know they will!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hastings, MN
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pensacola, FL
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/151?hl=capn12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.