7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 269.
#7401 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

Lol but you’re not “those” chumps! You know the other horror con guys. Pure Instagram.

Well when your avatar is from The Burning, you're good in my book!

#7402 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Well when your avatar is from The Burning, you're good in my book!
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"8e02936f7344db1c9069b867538f8342afe3d412-1625621925-1800"};
//]]>

Excellent! I hope I’m good enough to get a butter CE in before VHSWORLD.

#7403 2 years ago

You... know I'm one of those guys too right? Lol. We do as many horror cons as pinball shows, both are a blast!
They are saying the same thing about pinball fanatics buying them all... "the REAL Halloween fans won't be able to get a game!".
Personally, I dig the people who are both. We should call this something scary... Scary Pinball? Eerie Pinball? ... oh! SPOOKY Pinball!
Yeah, that works.

Member of both here too. Meeting some of my heroes at Cons has been a blast. Been looking for the past year for my first Pin, and if the F5 gods are in my corner, Halloween will be it. Spooky Pinball's enthusiasm is infectious!

#7404 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:Excellent! I hope I’m good enough to get a butter CE in before VHSWORLD.

Is this considered to go into that horny future thread section ?

#7405 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

Just open it up to pinside members for an hour tonight. I don’t want to lose to some horror con chumps who gunna shove it in a corner and just take photos for Instagram. Please?

According to many Pinsider for sale ads, that's all that happens to all their games.

#7406 2 years ago

You... know I'm one of those guys too right? Lol. We do as many horror cons as pinball shows, both are a blast!
They are saying the same thing about pinball fanatics buying them all... "the REAL Halloween fans won't be able to get a game!".
Personally, I dig the people who are both. We should call this something scary... Scary Pinball? Eerie Pinball? ... oh! SPOOKY Pinball!
Yeah, that works.

So I can get in a hour early then, right?

#7407 2 years ago

Yeah, that works.

Bring it on!!

Icons (resized).jpgIcons (resized).jpg
#7408 2 years ago

I really wish yall would have cut off fang club memberships 48 hours before launch so us that have supported yall for months/years would get the absolute 1st chance

#7409 2 years ago

I don't see enough gameplay footage to make a decision on these pins.

#7410 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I don't see enough gameplay footage to make a decision on these pins.

Same..

#7411 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

I really wish yall would have cut off fang club memberships 48 hours before launch so us that have supported yall for months/years would get the absolute 1st chance

Yeah what he said! Goddamn kids and their Michael Meyers masks walking through my lawn.

#7412 2 years ago
Quoted from Txcoastal1:

Bring it on!![quoted image]

Oh man every time I see the Theatre of Magic trunk or the TOTAN ball save feature I always think of Pinhead from Hellraiser.

SAW could be the most incredible contraption type game, would be brilliant to put that simultaneously up against JJP’s Toy Story it would be the battle of the coolest toy mechs. I could see the pinball with a circular saw spinning and the ball drops down instantly splitting it into two for multiball.

Chainsaw Massacre could have a mech where a chainsaw pops up from the playfield on a track similar to draw trac only when it moves would widen / open up the playfield to have it drop down and reveal a lower playfield.

Child’s Play...First pulling the plunger is the back of the rip cord from the Good Guy Doll. Every time the ball gets initially launched that iconic line “Hi, I'm Chucky, and I'm your friend 'till the end! Hidey-ho, ha-ha-ha!" When Charles aka Chucky is doing some voodoo stuff the light show via LEDs playfield goes mainly dark and flashes of white light representing the lightning.

Nightmare on Elm Street & Friday The 13th wayyyy to many things to list.

#7413 2 years ago

I used to say I wouldn’t buy a pin without playing it first. Now, I would do that as I have been contemplating this game. However it is kind of odd to not get to even see gameplay at all when putting up this kind of money. I bought TNA new, but that didn’t sell out the day it came out and I was able to play it beforehand. Oh the “old” days!

#7414 2 years ago

What an exciting time. Good luck Spooky on the launch. You guys hit it out of the park with both titles! Hick-ups, maybe…a huge rush…for sure. Have fun tomorrow! You guys and gals deserve it.

#7415 2 years ago

This was all fun but now it’s getting real .I’ll be crushed not to land one .I’ll be at work ,it’ll be hide n go seek at 8:30 I might even wear a sheet ,glasses and just stay still and stare so nobody will bother me .

#7416 2 years ago

Best of luck to the Spooky family ! You deserve your day in the sun .

#7417 2 years ago

Been going back and forth all day and finally said fuck it. I’m in for a Halloween CE. It’s not my favorite theme, but it looks interesting and I’m all for supporting Spooky pinball. I’ve grown a ton of respect for this company over the past month or so. All of the communication in the threads. The videos sharing little updates. Being upfront and honest. And they all seem very humble. Those things are what sold me on this game. Even more so than the game itself.

#7418 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

I do have to agree with this. Although I think the Fang Club sales should end even before the title is officially announced. If that’s not the case, then why buy the Fang Club membership if you aren’t going to buy the game?

This is the way I thought it worked, so i bought the membership. I may have decided to not buy the game, and spooky would have made a few bucks. I’m cool with that. Happy to support them.

If people know they can wait to see if they like the title and design of the game, they can just wait to buy the membership.

I think Spooky stands to make more money if they tell people they can’t buy the membership after the game is announced.

#7419 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Yes, I know. I was getting called out for not letting Charlie be proud of his son, but I was talking about Charlie slamming the haters because Bowen has world champion wins.
I hate explaining a joke.

I hate hearing someone try to explain a poor joke

#7420 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:Been going back and forth all day and finally said fuck it. I’m in for a Halloween CE. It’s not my favorite theme, but it looks interesting and I’m all for supporting Spooky pinball. I’ve grown a ton of respect for this company over the past month or so. All of the communication in the threads. The videos sharing little updates. Being upfront and honest. And they all seem very humble. Those things are what sold me on this game. Even more so than the game itself.

We’ll put .I’m just thinking about all those shots coming back to the flippers with the music playing in a dark basement and nobody home (fantasy ,a man can dream).Gnight all ,in the great words of Charlie Brown I hope I don’t “get a rock”.

#7421 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

This looks nothing like pinball circus, nor does it have 15 playfields. Calling it a warmed over novelty clone is pretty mean-spirited, even for you.

Levi tries too hard to be edgy sometimes and it just winds up looking, yeah, mean-spirited.

Wait for a video before you try to be cool with the exaggerations. There's one scoop, everything else leads to a flipper pretty quickly, especially with the staged lifters.

#7422 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Levi tries to hard to be edgy sometimes and it just winds up looking, yeah, mean-spirited.
Wait for a video before you try to be cool with the exaggerations. There's one scoop, everything else leads to a flipper pretty quickly, especially with the staged lifters.

I think the pumpkin scoop actually goes to a subway that returns to the right flipper (unless I'm misinterpreting the flow).

#7423 2 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

I used to say I wouldn’t buy a pin without playing it first. Now, I would do that as I have been contemplating this game. However it is kind of odd to not get to even see gameplay at all when putting up this kind of money. I bought TNA new, but that didn’t sell out the day it came out and I was able to play it beforehand. Oh the “old” days!

I agree. I'm not sure if there's a MUST have pinball game out there for me. These look cool, but I can wait. Everyone was losing their sh over GnR, and once I finally played it I was like.. its cool. But.. not first day $10k cool. Its not $10k cool now. Truth is, a game i couldn't stand when it can out is now a fam and friend favorite. If these turn out the same, ill snag one. Love what spooky is doing though.

#7424 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

why buy the Fang Club membership if you aren’t going to buy the game?

Always felt the real question is why should you need a membership to buy a game?
It should just be a cool, support spooky fan club.

#7425 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I agree. I'm not sure if there's a MUST have pinball game out there fir ne. These look cool, but I can wait. Everyone was losing their sh over GnR, and once I finally played it I was like.. its cool. But.. not first day $10k cool. Its not $10k cool now. Truth is, the game i couldn't stand when it can out, is now a fam and friend favorite. If these turn out the same, ill snag one. Love what spooky is doing though.

But GNR is now second day MORE money cool! And yes it’s great and very “cool” still

There will always be games to buy afterwards if people are willing to wait. Patience is NOT a pinhead trait for most.

#7426 2 years ago
Quoted from AndHart120:

That is today's reality. The hobby has grown larger than the supply in some ways. You can take a leap of faith and buy the pin NIB with less and less information as time has shown or buy it second hand when they come up down the line.
That is just the realty when buying a boutique pinball these days.

Spooky has proven themselves to be a reputable company and this kind of action is the new norm in pinball market now.

#7427 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Always felt the real question is why should you need a membership to buy a game?
It should just be a cool, support spooky fan club.

Price of pedigree and trust. Helps keep the snipers out and rewards longtime (even if 2 hr old accounts) from fan sites like halloween.com fan page,where they buy the new halloween toy, nudging others out. Let them duke it out in the 2nd hand market.

#7428 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Led Zeppelin somehow manages to be shallow and math chess at the same time.

So much this, ugh.

#7429 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This type of “outside collector” collects trinkets - dolls, models, dioramas etc. cheap, small things they can keep in the packaging and on the bookshelf.
A huge $7,000 pinball machine is something completely different. I doubt there’s gonna be much crossover there.

Yup. It's hard to imagine a more disposable income-rich collector demographic than Beatle boomers, yet Stern struggled to sell 1,964 of those, to people who don't care about ramps, code depth, etc.

#7430 2 years ago

When the next spooky game comes around; do I need to buy another Fang club membership ?

#7431 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Yup. It's hard to imagine a more disposable income-rich collector demographic than Beatle boomers, yet Stern struggled to sell 1,964 of those, to people who don't care about ramps, code depth, etc.

Pfftt. They struggled to sell THROUGH even 1,000 of those. The 1,964 aspirational total went unmet AFAIK because they blew their wad of diamonds and most platinums with those first 1000, and there was no demand in the saturated channel for golds. So they couldn't make any more rarity 10 packs to force more into the channel by dists looking for platinums and diamonds. They only had enough left after the first 1000 (100 x Rarity 10 packs) to make 25 10 packs with platinums only and no diamonds, so that would be EIGHT Golds and TWO Platinums - an even worse proposition, and that would only get them to 1250. Those last 714 were never happening because they would all have to be golds.

The channel was STUFFED with 10 packs, but distributors eventually were dumping golds they were stuck with in the "rarity 10 pack scheme" that they bought just to get 1 diamond and 2 platinums. Some of those dumped golds went for prices in the high 5s NIB a year in.

Hopefully this retail smackdown killed Stern/Kapow's collectible doll rarity case pack scheme dead for good.

#7432 2 years ago

Honest opinion's and straight to the point. Before I get down votes just hear me out lol.

1/ Weird choice of powder coat colors however the CE looks more fitting with Fall season/Halloween. Charlie mentioned while back that they had a local powder coat guy doing their work so I assume that was the colors he could get enough bulk of to fulfill all the orders. I wonder if any of the armor will be able to bought out right later down the road ? I do my own powder coating and I'm already wanting to change everything out without messing up the original pieces.

2/ Wont lie its a bit of a let down that no video or gameplay was shown and I would like to believe that its just because they are super busy. I find it a tad unprofessional that a product is being sold for 9k and its suppose to be bought on faith. This is 1k away from JJP GnR that I had in my shopping cart many times over the last 6 months but never pulled the trigger lol.

My only 100% honest experience with Spooky is . I played Rick and Morty and was just ok to me.. Powder coat was nice /not found of theme really, although Scary Terry mode makes me laugh. Currently play Alice Cooper and I really enjoy that game. I know a guy that bought a Rob Zombie and hated it from day 1. Currently play two different TNA machines and build quality seems ok.

3/ I'm totally in for a CE. I'm buying because of the power of theme even though Halloween is my least fav horror theme. I'm one of those Horror con guys too and I really really really want to believe in Spooky. Charlie said on the podcast for people to buy and support the company and future themes.. and I'm one of the people that will do exactly that. I don't envision Charlie and the team to be dishonest in this game as it makes no sense to do so for future sales. Speaking more in terms of code/gameplay. Obviously the machine looks great physically. Wont lie Bowen involved gives me enough peace of mind to buy! No offense to anyone else in the process.. just saying its BOWEN! One of the best ever!

4/ Good luck to all tomorrow hitting F5... may we all be winners. Please buy because I have a beer bet with a coworker that all 1250 Halloween sell out in exactly 24 hours

#7433 2 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Pfftt. They struggled to sell THROUGH 1,000 of those. The 1,964 aspirational total went unmet AFAIK because they blew their wad of diamonds and most platinums with those first 1000, and there was no demand in the saturated channel for golds. So they couldn't make any more rarity 10 packs to force more into the channel by dists looking for platinums and diamonds. They only had enough left after the first 1000 (100 x Rarity 10 packs) to make 25 10 packs with platinums only and no diamonds, so that would be EIGHT Golds and TWO Platinums - an even worse proposition, and that would only get them to 1250. Those last 714 were never happening because they would all have to be golds.
The channel was STUFFED with 10 packs, but distributors eventually were dumping golds they were stuck with in the "rarity 10 pack scheme" that they bought just to get 1 diamond and 2 platinums. Some of those dumped golds went for prices in the high 5s NIB a year in.
Hopefully this retail smackdown killed Stern/Kapow's collectible doll rarity case pack scheme dead for good.

Even in these times of booming pinball prices, ive seen lightly used Platinums sitting for sale down here, priced well below original sales price. For me
a Gold would have been a fun buy NIB at Pro price or below.

#7434 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Even in these times of booming pinball prices, ive seen lightly used Platinums sitting for sale down here, priced well below original sales price. For me
a Gold would have been a fun buy NIB at Pro price or below.

I would have taken a Beatles Gold at $5k NIB, but they didn't quite get there, even with the dist blowouts (at least to my knowledge). Also a half-assed effort on the code side is another reason they're never getting to the stated 1,964 units.

But I think we're in the wrong thread for this conversation, except to reinforce the idea that Spooky should NEVER EVER EVER EVER try the rarity case pack scam. Stern/Kapow already failed at it for them.

#7435 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Been going back and forth all day and finally said fuck it. I’m in for a Halloween CE. It’s not my favorite theme, but it looks interesting and I’m all for supporting Spooky pinball. I’ve grown a ton of respect for this company over the past month or so. All of the communication in the threads. The videos sharing little updates. Being upfront and honest. And they all seem very humble. Those things are what sold me on this game. Even more so than the game itself.

This is exactly where I was 2 games ago when they were making ACNC, and why I bought it. Ended up loving it more than I thought I would. Then bought R&M (dream theme), and now Halloween tomorrow. Halloween isn't a dream theme for me, but I am buying it and moving Scared Stiff on. Eventually, once they make Evil Dead / Army of Darkness, I will move Halloween along and ED / AoD will be bolted to the floor.

But I am a HUGE fan of Spooky and their customer service is second to none!

#7436 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

When the next spooky game comes around; do I need to buy another Fang club membership ?

I believe the membership is good for one year. Check the Fang Club info on Spooky's website.

LTG : )

#7437 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I believe the membership is good for one year. Check the Fang Club info on Spooky's website.

http://shop.spookypinball.com/usa-spooky-pinball-fang-club-membership-p5.php

Good for a year.

LTG : )

#7438 2 years ago
Quoted from Venom77:

Honest opinion's and straight to the point. Before I get down votes just hear me out lol.
1/ Weird choice of powder coat colors however the CE looks more fitting with Fall season/Halloween. Charlie mentioned while back that they had a local powder coat guy doing their work so I assume that was the colors he could get enough bulk of to fulfill all the orders. I wonder if any of the armor will be able to bought out right later down the road ? I do my own powder coating and I'm already wanting to change everything out without messing up the original pieces.
2/ Wont lie its a bit of a let down that no video or gameplay was shown and I would like to believe that its just because they are super busy. I find it a tad unprofessional that a product is being sold for 9k and its suppose to be bought on faith. This is 1k away from JJP GnR that I had in my shopping cart many times over the last 6 months but never pulled the trigger lol.
My only 100% honest experience with Spooky is . I played Rick and Morty and was just ok to me.. Powder coat was nice /not found of theme really, although Scary Terry mode makes me laugh. Currently play Alice Cooper and I really enjoy that game. I know a guy that bought a Rob Zombie and hated it from day 1. Currently play two different TNA machines and build quality seems ok.
3/ I'm totally in for a CE. I'm buying because of the power of theme even though Halloween is my least fav horror theme. I'm one of those Horror con guys too and I really really really want to believe in Spooky. Charlie said on the podcast for people to buy and support the company and future themes.. and I'm one of the people that will do exactly that. I don't envision Charlie and the team to be dishonest in this game as it makes no sense to do so for future sales. Speaking more in terms of code/gameplay. Obviously the machine looks great physically. Wont lie Bowen involved gives me enough peace of mind to buy! No offense to anyone else in the process.. just saying its BOWEN! One of the best ever!
4/ Good luck to all tomorrow hitting F5... may we all be winners. Please buy because I have a beer bet with a coworker that all 1250 Halloween sell out in exactly 24 hours

I truly do not believe we will disappoint you man! When you get your game shoot me a message. Let me know your thoughts.

#7439 2 years ago

Anyone else thinking about grabbing a standard? It’s probably the best bang for your buck you can get for any NIB pin out there. Nothing stripped from the game and really doesn’t look too different than the BSE other than the powder-coat lollipop rails. The CE looks gorgeous but I’m not much of a bells and whistles type. Plus since the standard is produced last so all of the kinks will be worked out of the game by the time it hits the line.

#7440 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Anyone else thinking about grabbing a standard? It’s probably the best bang for your buck you can get for any NIB pin out there. Nothing stripped from the game and really doesn’t look too different than the BSE other than the powder-coat lollipop rails. The CE looks gorgeous but I’m not much of a bells and whistles type. Plus since the standard is produced last so all of the kinks will be worked out of the game by the time it hits the line.

I actually really like the look of the standard, you can see more of the artwork around the flipper buttons too. I would be getting a standard if it wasn't for that absolutely incredible topper (I guess that makes it a $2000 topper in this case).

#7441 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I considered it, but both the standard and BSE will likely take over a year to receive.

#7442 2 years ago

SpookyCharlie SpookyLuke
Will you guys disclose the effective shares of CEs, blood suckers and standard editions after people made their choices?

#7443 2 years ago

Is spooky now using carbon fiber cliffys under sling posts ? Looks like it in the pics posted? Or is it just the way the art is? FB_IMG_1625641027982 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1625641027982 (resized).jpg

#7444 2 years ago

Up half the night working, so I'm gonna sleep through the ticket rush. Don't disappoint me guys, I want 500 more posts by noon.

#7445 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Is spooky now using carbon fiber cliffys under sling posts ? Looks like it in the pics posted? Or is it just the way the art is? [quoted image]

Pretty sure it’s just keylines

#7446 2 years ago

Still no gameplay video? a cynical person could could draw the conclusion that the code isn't in a condition worthy of being shown...what other reason could there be for not showing it?.

#7447 2 years ago

or they are awaiting vids from the top players that’s doing them or the reviewers.

History and reputation count for a lot.
Own 2 of their games....play them 99% of the time over the others in my line up.

#7448 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Still no gameplay video? a cynical person could could draw the conclusion that the code isn't in a condition worthy of being shown...what other reason could there be for not showing it?.

*They are not set up to stream and the person that will steam it first lives in Chicago.

*Game doesn't officially go on sale to public for couple more weeks, may be a license restriction holding back stream.

*Most fang members trust them to buy later this morning with what has been revealed and they are extremely busy.

#7449 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Pretty sure it’s just keylines

Yea I think so also.. spooky playfields are usually really nice so no reason for anything under the posts..

#7450 2 years ago

Good luck to everyone! Hope I don’t see these pins listed for 20,000 in the near future, after some of ya’ll secure your purchase.
Looks like some cool pins! Good luck in all your success Spooky!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Northport, NY
$ 24.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/149?hl=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.