7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 269.
#7351 2 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

No video of gameplay plus having to get the CE for the pumpkin speaker grill means I'll wait and flip it first (which means second hand probably). Oh well, I'm a Blood Sucker member now anyway.

I agree. It’s pretty smart from a sales point of view if they don’t show video. I think this will sell out very quickly tomorrow. Unfortunately there will be flippers/scalpers with sales/trade adds posted immediately.
I think they(flippers)are not going to do as well as they expect if the general Pinside reaction is mixed in a couple weeks and that is almost guaranteed!
Regardless of how it’s received it great to see cool monster pins being released!

Here’s a pic of my Halloween costume 2020.
I scared the hell out of my neighbors!
7219E2C9-CFE5-4524-966E-800792643375 (resized).jpeg7219E2C9-CFE5-4524-966E-800792643375 (resized).jpeg

#7352 2 years ago

They should have locked Spooky thread where only Spooky folks are allowed to post. Too many unsolicited opinions at the moment that no person on earth gives a flying F about.

#7353 2 years ago

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I see 5 or 6 shots that lead directly to the flippers on the main PF.If so ,wouldn’t this have more Flow than Mels Diner?

#7354 2 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

New Zealand!
Please send me your Halloween/Ultraman orders today so I can secure your game.
Last call today! Probably all gone tomorrow!
Dave. [quoted image]

Charlie, took RotorDave a few hours to get back to me. Like 8am. Tried with the text early 6am. So that’s got to be worth a little chuckle.

Art, fantastic
Theme - I like a lot
Innovation- tick
Gameplay....ask me after they do their magic with updates and listening to feedback to make even better.

Anyways....order in

#7355 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

They should have locked Spooky thread where only Spooky folks are allowed to post. Too many unsolicited opinions at the moment that no person on earth gives a flying F about.

Yeah, that sounds like fun. .... ......

. . .

#7356 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I agree. It’s pretty smart from a sales point of view if they don’t show video. I think this will sell out very quickly tomorrow. Unfortunately there will be flippers/scalpers with sales/trade add posted immediately.
I think they are not going to do as well as they expect if the general Pinside reaction is mixed in a couple weeks and that is almost guaranteed!
Regardless of how it’s received it great to see cool monster pins being released!
Here’s a pic of my Halloween costume 2020.
I scared the hell out of my neighbors![quoted image]

I gave you an upvote because nobody else did.

#7357 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I see 5 or 6 shots that lead directly to the flippers on the main PF.If so ,wouldn’t this have more Flow than Mels Diner?

HA! I get that reference! Nice…

#7358 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

SpookyCharlie SpookyLuke I'm trying to direct a buddy of mine to the Spooky shop to buy his fang club membership, so he can get a Halloween tomorrow, but the shop only has Canada and International memberships available at present. Just wanted to let you guys know.

I'm in the same boat. Not sure why the US Fang Club has been taken down from the site... SpookyCharlie SpookyLuke - PLEASE RESTORE. Need to buy Halloween tomorrow

#7359 2 years ago
Quoted from Cantabkiwi:

Charlie, took RotorDave a few hours to get back to me. Like 8am. Tried with the text early 6am

Hey!

I’ve earned my sleep ins.

rd

#7360 2 years ago

As far as flow, don't forget you may hit a scoop and the ball immediately comes up in the inlane thanks to the servo-elevator thingy.

Mark my words, this will sell out as fast as Rick and Morty, and all the doubters will be kicking themselves.

As for me, I'm going to go practice pushing F5 on my wife, and I will be ready tomorrow to get my bad ass Halloween CE.

Cheers!

"Hey, it's only Pinball!"

#7361 2 years ago

Ok. It looks like Spooky has the video, but do they have the audio? Are we gonna hear Jamie Lee Curtis? Donald Pleasance? The trailer does not have his voice. Any official word?

#7362 2 years ago

Loving the look on these two pins.. but am I the only one who prefers to actually play the game before thinking about spending 7-9k on a pinball game? The concern about missing out on these is some rich people problems.. good luck to everyone who can get in on day one. Ill catch up in a year or two.

#7363 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Hey, it's called spooky's facebook page! Knock yourself out.

#7364 2 years ago

Well my wife wants the Halloween more than I.
I guess I'm lucky b/c if it sux, I get to blame her

Good luck to those that are jumping in on the release

#7365 2 years ago

Makes sense if they took down the fang club memberships. If they did not, it would be a disservice to those who already have one before the week of release.

#7366 2 years ago

Ok. So where is the right ramp entrance? I see left and center ramps. Anyone?

#7367 2 years ago

Who else can't make up their mind on which theme the night before? May just come down to a coin flip tomorrow.

#7368 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Mean-spirited? Are you kidding?
It’s a first impression critique- you know, like the HUNDREDS that you see when stern or JJP reveals a game.
I’m not sure why spooky reveals are supposed to be criticism proof. Is it because these threads are crawling with Spooky reps?
It’s a super oddball layout and I’m old and fear change. Shouldn’t be surprising I have reservations about it.
I would never try to discourage you or anybody else from buying a game they think looks cool. Buy 4 of them, please!

I wish I were a spooky rep - is there a sign-up for that somewhere?

I am fine with criticisms if they are done in a respectful way. “This may not have enough flow”, “shot X is too narrow for me”, “I don’t like upper playfields”. Cool.

And are you seriously stating that you only want to see pinball layouts that have already been done 100 times over? Give Spooky props for trying something new!

Don’t be a Debbie Downer man. I hope you come to TPF next year. First round is on me.

#7369 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Give Spooky props for trying something new!

I thought he did?

#7370 2 years ago

I was hoping the cabinet art is different on the BSE.

#7371 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Makes sense if they took down the fang club memberships. If they did not, it would be a disservice to those who already have one before the week of release.

A disservice? They've never done this before, never mentioned it to my knowledge that they would take it down and the Canadian and International Fang Clubs are still up.

#7372 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Not more “fun” more game....more content, more to do, more to explore etc. I’ve said my piece hoping to engage in conversation about it as this is something that buyers tend to get disappointed with after owning a new game for a month or so. Noone wants address the elephant. So yeah, I’ll quit it.

Definitely many people like the deeper content available on modern releases. But some people (like me) really enjoy the depth of 90s era Bally/WMS pins that you can walk up to, have a solid game and have a shot at finishing the game. I have a couple relatively recent pins, like EHOH and GB, both of which are fairly deep, but I have more games with simpler rulesets like MM, AFM, TOTAN, BSD, etc. Those are my favs. So you aren’t wrong about depth, but it’s simply a matter of taste. I’m such a fan of Halloween it won’t matter to me if it’s super shallow. From the art package and unique playfield design, it will be a fantastic collectors item even if the code is somewhat simple. Love the attention to detail I’m seeing in the pics! I hope everyone who wants to buy one gets one.

#7373 2 years ago

You gotta give Spooky props for actually putting a row of hedges on the playfield. I didn’t see that coming. Peek-a-boo Michael mode.

#7374 2 years ago

After looking at this game without my Halloween fanboy glasses, it really is a great package IF those upper play fields deliver and don’t slow the game down. Uppers to me either work well or they are terrible. We’ll see

#7375 2 years ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Spooky should reach out to the master, and make sure he'll get an 'Extra' Blood Sucker version of Halloween.. it doesn't need that extra marketing to sell, but I would get a kick out of knowing it's being played by Carpenter himself!
[quoted image]

Wait, doesn't the CE come with a piece of John Carpenter's couch?

...honestly though, it would be *very* cool if you could get John Carpenter's signature on your game.

#7376 2 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Wait, doesn't the CE come with a piece of John Carpenter's couch?
...honestly though, it would be *very* cool if you could get John Carpenter's signature on your game.

John’s a regular on the Chiller/con circuit, with a little effort and a few bucks you could probably get a rule card or apron signed.

#7377 2 years ago
Quoted from Aqua1122:

A disservice? They've never done this before, never mentioned it to my knowledge that they would take it down and the Canadian and International Fang Clubs are still up.

Hope so i went to grab one and now I'm sad

#7378 2 years ago

Does anyone know if they are making the same number of each theme every month or spreading out each theme's allotment through the 18 month run? First scenario would wrap up the Ultraman allotment quicker and only Halloween would be made from then on.

#7379 2 years ago

Why am I only seeing Canada and International Fang Club memberships listed in the shop?

D365435C-4063-492B-9FBA-78030F40B098 (resized).pngD365435C-4063-492B-9FBA-78030F40B098 (resized).png

Edit: didn’t see others are also talking about this

#7380 2 years ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

I imagine there may have been a number in inventory that once at 0 removed the item. I don't think they don't want to sell a membership to anyone, so I speculating that they need to get to update the record so they appear again. If so, here is the direct link that was previously provided on the website.

https://shop.spookypinball.com/usa-spooky-pinball-fang-club-membership-p5.php

#7381 2 years ago
Quoted from blastbeat:

It’s a clever FOMO strategy. Lol

#7382 2 years ago

Did any photos of the BSE surface?

#7383 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

It’s a clever FOMO strategy. Lol

That's awesome haha. I'll either be mad or like ok I saved 9k for now.

#7384 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

Did any photos of the BSE surface?

See their Facebook

#7385 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

After looking at this game without my Halloween fanboy glasses, it really is a great package IF those upper play fields deliver and don’t slow the game down. Uppers to me either work well or they are terrible. We’ll see

I agree, but get into a multi-ball situation those upper PF's will come alive and I hope the music background supports it.

#7386 2 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

See their Facebook

I saw them put up photos of a Standard without the proper translite and then take them down. Still nothing new.

#7387 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

I saw them put up photos of a Standard without the proper translite and then take them down. Still nothing new.

Over excitement. Should be a helluva night at the old Emery house…

#7388 2 years ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

Why am I only seeing Canada and International Fang Club memberships listed in the shop?

Being corrected right now... lets just say Squirrel set a stock alert thing on the webstore she never expected to hit.

We hit it.

It's back now!

Tomorrow... is going to be interesting.

#7389 2 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Ok. So where is the right ramp entrance? I see left and center ramps. Anyone?

E3E3CABB-F1C7-4E26-82FF-D7128158F01E (resized).pngE3E3CABB-F1C7-4E26-82FF-D7128158F01E (resized).png
#7391 2 years ago

Just open it up to pinside members for an hour tonight. I don’t want to lose to some horror con chumps who gunna shove it in a corner and just take photos for Instagram. Please?

#7392 2 years ago

I'm a sucker for sci-fi/monster flicks. I loved Outlander (2008)! However, the trailer is complete rubbish with the movie being MUCH better.

#7393 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

Being corrected right now... lets just say Squirrel set a stock alert thing on the webstore she never expected to hit.
We hit it.
It's back now!
Tomorrow... is going to be interesting.

Yeah back up now. Thanks!!

#7394 2 years ago

Hey Charlie do you have a contingency for people who want to buy one of each and if so and they are a member the fang club, how does that work?

#7395 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This looks like a very unique, "innovative" game, the kind that people here always say they want. Something really different.
To me, it looks like a warmed over Pinball Circus multilevel novelty clone, it doesn't look like it's going to offer much in the way of flow, it's likely to be a very stop and go affair. Doesn't look like something I'd be too into, spending all my time cycling balls between the 15 upper playfields. I think that would get pretty old pretty quick at home.
Your mileage may vary...the people who want "innovation" have got it, and now's your chance to put your money where your mouth is.
For those who prefer more traditional, non-innovative playfields, there's still a dozen othe games in production from the other manufacturers to choose from that will offer a more familiar pinball experience.

You know whats a really interesting, innovative and quirky idea that breaks flow? Playing pinball on a rotating novelty Mandolorian helmet!

At least try to be an equal opportunity critic.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m not sure why spooky reveals are supposed to be criticism proof. Is it because these threads are crawling with Spooky reps?

Aaaand theres the real reason.

#7396 2 years ago
Quoted from pballjunkie:

Hey Charlie do you have a contingency for people who want to buy one of each and if so and they are a member the fang club, how does that work?

You compete against other fang club members on Spooky's website or you get on a distributor's email blast list, you're guaranteed early access/head start not both games.

#7397 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

I don’t want to lose to some horror con chumps

You... know I'm one of those guys too right? Lol. We do as many horror cons as pinball shows, both are a blast!

They are saying the same thing about pinball fanatics buying them all... "the REAL Halloween fans won't be able to get a game!".

Personally, I dig the people who are both. We should call this something scary... Scary Pinball? Eerie Pinball? ... oh! SPOOKY Pinball!

Yeah, that works.

#7398 2 years ago
Quoted from pballjunkie:

You can put 1 of each title in your cart. So yes, you could potential buy 1 Ultraman and 1 Halloween at launch. Last go-round it was 2 but we are trying to be as fair as possible.

#7399 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

You... know I'm one of those guys too right? Lol. We do as many horror cons as pinball shows, both are a blast!
They are saying the same thing about pinball fanatics buying them all... "the REAL Halloween fans won't be able to get a game!".
Personally, I dig the people who are both. We should call this something scary... Scary Pinball? Eerie Pinball? ... oh! SPOOKY Pinball!
Yeah, that works.

Lol but you’re not “those” chumps! You know the other horror con guys. Pure Instagram.

#7400 2 years ago

Will both titles be built simultaneously in the order that they were ordered? Would the 500th Ultraman be made before the 600th Halloween in theory?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arabi, LA
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/148?hl=mettle64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.