7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 269.
#7301 2 years ago

Most people have not even heard of Ultraman, but will choose it because of the lower quantity. This is pinball for you. Do we know how many of Ultraman are going overseas (aka Japan)?

#7302 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Bowen is Charlie's son?!?!
It explains so much!

Bug is Charlie's son. Bowen Kerins is the guy who does all the rule tutorials in the PAPA videos.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-WQLGFMr97CQpOQDEvRqAiSqcvSuK11h

#7303 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Bug is Charlie's son. Bowen Kerins is the guy who does all the rule tutorials in the PAPA videos.

Yes, I know. I was getting called out for not letting Charlie be proud of his son, but I was talking about Charlie slamming the haters because Bowen has world champion wins.

I hate explaining a joke.

#7304 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-WQLGFMr97CQpOQDEvRqAiSqcvSuK11h

#7305 2 years ago

New Zealand!

Please send me your Halloween/Ultraman orders today so I can secure your game.

Last call today! Probably all gone tomorrow!

Dave.

02D3502F-F89E-4E7E-854B-225CD7139199.gif02D3502F-F89E-4E7E-854B-225CD7139199.gif
#7306 2 years ago

Complete a/v assets, additional music added. Should be a very immersive package!!

#7307 2 years ago

Sorry, sarcasm isn't always obvious in text. I agree with your overall point that world championships don't automatically mean someone knows how to create a fun ruleset. However, when you combine that with his experience doing all the Tutorials with PAPA, he's a pretty good name to have on speed dial for rule consultation.

#7308 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Most people have not even heard of Ultraman, but will choose it because of the lower quantity. This is pinball for you. Do we know how many of Ultraman are going overseas (aka Japan)?

I like Ultraman because it's a campy kaiju goodness. Has nothing to do with the quantity.

I do wonder how many flippers there will be on this theme. Most flipped machines have much more popular themes and rarity does not equal value.

#7309 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I like Ultraman because it's a campy kaiju goodness. Has nothing to do with the quantity.

This ^^

And I grew up with UM - nostalgia is playing a large part of this for me also.

#7310 2 years ago

Possible to see more gameplay b4 this goes on sale tomorrow?
Is that a magnet between the flippers?

#7311 2 years ago

Wondering the same but also wondering if not showing is a sales technique

Quoted from Dantesmark:

#7312 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

I think it's shown to be an insert in the video, not a magnet.

#7313 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I do wonder how many flippers there will be on this theme..

4. There are four flippers on this theme.

#7314 2 years ago

I told you guys I’m nuts for the holiday. Must be a sign that this catalog shows up today.

2DC94A3C-4EB7-47D3-A194-95BA32581F95 (resized).jpeg2DC94A3C-4EB7-47D3-A194-95BA32581F95 (resized).jpeg
#7315 2 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Has there been any?

#7316 2 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

I told you guys I’m nuts for the holiday. Must be a sign that this catalog shows up today.
[quoted image]

Oh you do the cool stuff with air compressors, sensors and such. Nice.... Used to help a friend with this stuff.....

#7317 2 years ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Has there been any?

No. Only a promo video.

#7318 2 years ago

Oh god, I'm stealing that.

#7319 2 years ago

Pics of other editions are going live on the Spooky facebook page.

#7320 2 years ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Probably not many. As has been discussed... they have very little space hence pinball is not a priority.

And I'm not even talking about the phone booth sized "living pods" (can't call them a house) that are popular in the cities.

#7321 2 years ago
Screenshot_20210706-180838_Facebook (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210706-180838_Facebook (resized).jpg
#7322 2 years ago
Quoted from tlsbryan:

[quoted image]

I’m pretty sure the back glass will have the title on it those are for the CE I believe .

#7323 2 years ago

I thought the standards and BSE's were going to have Halloween on the backglass?

#7324 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

I thought the standards and BSE's were going to have Halloween on the backglass?

#7325 2 years ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

They will. I believe they are scrambling to change out trim and do photo shoots to give us a taste of the other editions.

#7326 2 years ago

They already took the post down, I assume to put in the correct photo with the appropriate backglass.

Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m pretty sure the back glass will have the title on it those are for the CE I believe .

#7327 2 years ago

Delete those! We screwed up.

Corrected photos coming.

#7328 2 years ago

Has anyone tried putting Mirror blades on a spooky Machine?

#7329 2 years ago

I was all in 100% a day or so ago but now I’m having concerns. I prefer fast flowing games (I own LZ premium and Metallica and love them). This layout looks like it could be a very slow game. Upper playfields are cool to look at and are fun for the first handful of plays but over time they don’t really bring much playability other than a wow factor. Don’t get me wrong, I love wow factors and all, but playability is key for me. Really hope they post some video’s before I make a $9,500 poor decision.

#7330 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

No. Only a promo video.

Thanks. That's what I thought. Just making sure I didn't miss anything. Pretty odd that we haven't seen any.

#7331 2 years ago
Quoted from John-Floyd:

I was all in 100% a day or so ago but now I’m having concerns. I prefer fast flowing games (I own LZ premium and Metallica and love them). This layout looks like it could be a very slow game. Upper playfields are cool to look at and are fun for the first handful of plays but over time they don’t really bring much playability other than a wow factor. Don’t get me wrong, I love wow factors and all, but playability is key for me. Really hope they post some video’s before I make a $9,500 poor decision.

This looks like a very unique, "innovative" game, the kind that people here always say they want. Something really different.

To me, it looks like a warmed over Pinball Circus multilevel novelty clone, it doesn't look like it's going to offer much in the way of flow, it's likely to be a very stop and go affair. Doesn't look like something I'd be too into, spending all my time cycling balls between the 15 upper playfields. I think that would get pretty old pretty quick at home.

Your mileage may vary...the people who want "innovation" have got it, and now's your chance to put your money where your mouth is.

For those who prefer more traditional, non-innovative playfields, there's still a dozen othe games in production from the other manufacturers to choose from that will offer a more familiar pinball experience.

#7332 2 years ago

No video of gameplay plus having to get the CE for the pumpkin speaker grill means I'll wait and flip it first (which means second hand probably). Oh well, I'm a Blood Sucker member now anyway.

#7333 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This looks like a very unique, "innovative" game, the kind that people here always say they want. Something really different.
To me, it looks like a warmed over Pinball Circus multilevel novelty clone, it doesn't look like it's going to offer much in the way of flow, it's likely to be a very stop and go affair. Doesn't look like something I'd be too into, spending all my time cycling balls between the 15 upper playfields. I think that would get pretty old pretty quick at home.
Your mileage may vary...the people who want "innovation" have got it, and now's your chance to put your money where your mouth is.
For those who prefer more traditional, non-innovative playfields, there's still a dozen other more old-school games in production from the other manufacturers to choose from.

Well said, personally I love how the game looks, but having that much area of upper playfield scares me. I NEED to see at least video to commit.

Could be an epic game, but personally I cant trust pics alone on this one.

#7334 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Someone has to say it, it’s kind of important. Think about how mad people were about Munsters. That really hurt confidence in Stern. A lot of people swore off buying NIB games to wait until code developed. Some of those games had to then be purchased on the secondary market for higher price tags. Then the manufacturer lost those dollars.

No - a lot of people talk a big game, and then buy the next game, or someone else does. Confidence in Stern wasn't shaken... because the turd BK3 still sold right out of the gate. The manufacturer didn't lose any money, because the games still sold and they weren't doing demand based pricing. The only people who 'lost' in your scenario is people who believed they had to wait, but wanted one anyways. But still I think your story is non-sense because no one wants BK3 LE versions... and it's really JP LE where one might have missed out.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Same thing with RaM. People waited cause they weren’t sure about rules/code...once it developed and it was clear the game had heavily developed code those people had to buy spots secondarily for crazy markups.

Again you are constructing your own story. People in general did not wait... the game sold out faster than anyone thought it would. Maybe some people were holding back, but they were not the consensus.

Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Thousands and thousands of dollars that Spooky missed out on.

Again... non-sense. Spooky didn't miss out on one dollar there because some small group 'waited' - Spooky sold it's games at their prices regardless of some people buying games on the secondary market. Neither Spooky nor Stern 'lost' from resales - it was money they never stood to make in the first place.

#7335 2 years ago

SpookyCharlie SpookyLuke I'm trying to direct a buddy of mine to the Spooky shop to buy his fang club membership, so he can get a Halloween tomorrow, but the shop only has Canada and International memberships available at present. Just wanted to let you guys know.

#7336 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I can't recall a modern game with drops blocking a ramp shot.

Never seen P3? Tho there it's a whole scoop, and has smoother transitions. Space Shuttle, Space Station, etc all had a drop in front of a ramp.

Drops in front of ramps is not new - drop BANK - that may be more unique.

#7337 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Never seen P3? Tho there it's a whole scoop, and has smoother transitions. Space Shuttle, Space Station, etc all had a drop in front of a ramp.

Another I can think of in recent years is the Stern SW home pin and Heavy Metal retheme. 3 drops in front of the Deathstar ramp. Don't know what it's called on the Heavy Metal game.

#7338 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

They already addressed this. There is a slight ledge or something so you dont see them directly. I would assume if Spooky workers aren't throwing a fit about the LED's, and they have played the game, then we shouldnt either, based on a few pics and a short video. But, people who havent even seen anything about rules are already saying its shallow, so theres that as well.
Pinside detectives at work!

Meanwhile there are those photos Jonathan just posted from directly overhead (basically...) and they are still plainly obvious and insight. I think this 'from the player position...' defense is on real weak ground based on what data we do have.

#7339 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yeah. Stern Playboy has a drop in front of the center ramp. Love my Playboy. Don't judge me.....

#7340 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I would have to agree with this.
This type of “outside collector” collects trinkets - dolls, models, dioramas etc. cheap, small things they can keep in the packaging and on the bookshelf.
A huge $7,000 pinball machine is something completely different. I doubt there’s gonna be much crossover there.

Think there are a couple Pachinko Ultraman games brining in 1000-2800 and some of the toys ain't cheap trinkets.

#7341 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Vector had two sets of 3 banks in front of the ramp. If you didn’t clear the first set in order left to right or vice versa, then it pulls up the second bank which is closer to the flippers and more dangerous.

#7342 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Vector had two sets of 3 banks in front of the ramp. If you didn’t clear the first set in order left to right or vice versa, then it pulls up the second bank which is closer to the flippers and more dangerous.

Vector is a good example... but also notice Vector doesn't use one big slot for the targets, but individual holes for each target. That could play out very differently for ball movement here where Spooky uses the transparent drops in one large slot.

#7343 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

For those who prefer more traditional, non-innovative playfields, there's still a dozen othe games in production from the other manufacturers to choose from that will offer a more familiar pinball experience.

This looks nothing like pinball circus, nor does it have 15 playfields. Calling it a warmed over novelty clone is pretty mean-spirited, even for you.

That being said, I actually like pinball circus, but can't afford one. So now I'm even MORE excited about my Ultraman. Thanks Levi!

#7344 2 years ago

Let me preface this comment by saying I love what both Stern and Spooky are doing right now….
If I was a Go-Zillionaire (just like Forest Gump, after he invested in some kind of ‘fruit company’),
I’d buy one Halloween CE and two Ultraman CE’s. One of the Ultraman CE’s would be shipped directly to Stern Pinball Incorporated.
Oh, to be a troll with money. One can dream!

#7345 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Before my time! Ashamed to say I've seen neither.

Lotsa titties in both!The good ole days.

#7346 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Well said, personally I love how the game looks, but having that much area of upper playfield scares me. I NEED to see at least video to commit.
Could be an epic game, but personally I cant trust pics alone on this one.

Going to be a fun shop job in the future! lol

#7347 2 years ago

Also while we’re talking about drops in front of ramps, Alice Cooper has one.

#7348 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Going to be a funs shop job in the future! lol

Hopefully it’s easy to take a part. A pro to the designers having come from the actual assembly line

#7349 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

This looks nothing like pinball circus, nor does it have 15 playfields. Calling it a warmed over novelty clone is pretty mean-spirited, even for you.
That being said, I actually like pinball circus, but can't afford one. So now I'm even MORE excited about my Ultraman. Thanks Levi!

Mean-spirited? Are you kidding?

It’s a first impression critique- you know, like the HUNDREDS that you see when stern or JJP reveals a game.

I’m not sure why spooky reveals are supposed to be criticism proof. Is it because these threads are crawling with Spooky reps?

It’s a super oddball layout and I’m old and fear change. Shouldn’t be surprising I have reservations about it.

I would never try to discourage you or anybody else from buying a game they think looks cool. Buy 4 of them, please!

#7350 2 years ago

I gotta try my luck tomorrow, video of gameplay or not, I love Halloween thematically too much not to. And it does look spectacular and certainly seems like it will be fun to play. Hopefully I get lucky and can get one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
€ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
North Aurora, IL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Monson, MA
$ 11.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 49.99
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 575.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Bling

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 13,500.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbald Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
GMods

$ 63.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/147 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.