7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 269.
#7251 2 years ago

The strips are all individually addressed RGB. Meaning each one is individually controllable the same way as an insert light.

They are also completely diffused from player angle with a smoked cover the same material used for the playfield inserts.

In the video many shots were taken 2 feet lower than player eye level that is why you see them in the video.

Nobody who has ever played this game in person has had any complaints at all about light diffusion.

#7252 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

The strips are all individually addressed RGB. Meaning each one is individually controllable the same way as an insert light.
They are also completely diffused from player angle with a smoked cover the same material used for the playfield inserts.
In the video many shots were taken 2 feet lower than player eye level that is why you see them in the video.
Nobody who has ever played this game in person has had any complaints at all about light diffusion.

Can we make this a sticky, and put LED-Gate to rest?

#7253 2 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

They already addressed this. There is a slight ledge or something so you dont see them directly. I would assume if Spooky workers aren't throwing a fit about the LED's, and they have played the game, then we shouldnt either, based on a few pics and a short video. But, people who havent even seen anything about rules are already saying its shallow, so theres that as well.
Pinside detectives at work!

Well it's good they're not in the player's eyeline

And Idk about the latter. Sometimes it's helpful to get a fresh set of eyes to look at something and ask a few questions because the team has been working on it for months. Rick and Morty got a few minor changes after the first few batches came off the line because of player feedback.

They basically don't get to field test games anymore and only a few dozen people tops can give feedback on stuff like this. I'm at least trying to be constructive with criticism than simply assuming the game will have poor-code/lack-of-content and fretting over the unknown.

#7254 2 years ago

These covers are the same material used for typical inserts.

Screenshot_20210706-134611_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210706-134611_Gallery (resized).jpg
#7256 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

And Idk about the latter. Sometimes it's helpful to get a fresh set of eyes to look at something and ask a few questions because the team has been working on it for months. Rick and Morty got a few minor changes after the first few batches came off the line because of player feedback.
They basically don't get to field test games anymore and only a few dozen people tops can give feedback on stuff like this. I'm at least trying to be constructive with criticism than simply assuming the game will have poor-code/lack-of-content and fretting over the unknown.

I think fretting over the unknown on a 9k game is completely legit. As legit as you questioning the LED's on something you haven't even seen in person.

#7257 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Oh I totally understand man. I'm just trying to be very clear and concise. To be honest if people don't enjoy them or think they are necessary you can just unplug them! So far everyone who has seen them has been blown away by the light show.

#7258 2 years ago

I'm looking forward to see how the upper playfield integrate into gameplay. Is it a shot you will go often for or just a few times. And is it difficult to get to the top, or will you make the shot most of the time.. Hope gameplay videos are coming soon

#7259 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I think fretting over the unknown on a 9k game is completely legit. As legit as you questioning the LED's on something you haven't even seen in person.

I take the Stern philosophy that code can be fixed later. The hardware is what it is.

#7260 2 years ago

So at the top of the ramp is actually a diverter. If it is open the ball will stay on the top upper. If it is closed it drops back down a balcony to land in the left habitrail and becomes a nice long inlane return shot. All ramps in this game are what I would consider easy level difficulty. However some of the other shots are medium and hard level. Which gives the game a really nice mix of shots. For sure the best shooting layout we have ever assembled. The right inverse ramp that goes to the first upper is extremely smooth and fast and can be hit by both front hand and backhand consistently. The left and center ramp as well as the left orbit are all front hand and backhand shots.

#7261 2 years ago

I figured out where I'm placing my Fang Club 2021 stickers...

spooky_fang_club_stickers (resized).pngspooky_fang_club_stickers (resized).png
#7262 2 years ago

Well John Carpenter Himself just linked the game via Twitter. This is going to be gone by tomorrow. There will be competition from the outside for sure now.

#7263 2 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Well John Carpenter Himself just linked the game via Twitter. This is going to be gone by tomorrow. There will be competition from the outside for sure now.

They aren't "fang club" members no need to worry about outside competition... but I will say regardless it will sell out day 1.

#7264 2 years ago

I don't know. Here is the typical reaction to pinball machines from non-collectors.

1) That's amazing, I want one.
2) How much is it?

3) Oh, nevermind.

#7265 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:They aren't "fang club" members no need to worry about outside competition... but I will say regardless it will sell out day 1.

Ugggh, I wish the production number was higher. I hate having this stress. It’s also my damn birthday, haha.

#7266 2 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Which will make an interesting dynamic. Does that mean a year from now when someone buys it just for the Halloween factor we see lots of these 7-9k pins for sale with super low plays because they can no longer justify having a 250 pound machine that costs 7-9k sitting there collecting dust in their house?

#7267 2 years ago

Duplicate

#7268 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I don't know. Here is the typical reaction to pinball machines from non-collectors.
1) That's amazing, I want one.
2) How much is it?
3) Oh, nevermind.

I would have to agree with this.

This type of “outside collector” collects trinkets - dolls, models, dioramas etc. cheap, small things they can keep in the packaging and on the bookshelf.

A huge $7,000 pinball machine is something completely different. I doubt there’s gonna be much crossover there.

#7269 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

Ugggh, I wish the production number was higher. I hate having this stress. It’s also my damn birthday, haha.

are you sure it isn't your DAM birthday ?

#7270 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I would have to agree with this.
This type of “outside collector” collects trinkets - dolls, models, dioramas etc. cheap, small things they can keep in the packaging and on the bookshelf.
A huge $7,000 pinball machine is something completely different. I doubt there’s gonna be much crossover there.

Yes and no. These guys are dropping thousands of dollars on movie props. They have deep pockets for this sort of stuff.

#7271 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

They aren't "fang club" members no need to worry about outside competition... but I will say regardless it will sell out day 1.

But they can register today and potentially be in the running for tomorrow. I guess it depends on how quick the turnaround is for Spooky to grant their membership.

#7272 2 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

But they can register today and potentially be in the running for tomorrow. I guess it depends on how quick the turnaround is for Spooky to grant their membership.

I hope they get nothing.

#7273 2 years ago

Michael just got pissed when I called & emailed so this is yet another PSA from the man himself....

MRCLEAN_SPOOKY_SAID (resized).pngMRCLEAN_SPOOKY_SAID (resized).png
#7274 2 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Yes and no. These guys are dropping thousands of dollars on movie props. They have deep pockets for this sort of stuff.

A guy I know just helped someone sell his old Pokemon cards to collectors for almost $1M. Yes, many collectors have stupidly deep pockets these days.

#7275 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

i don’t get that either. I actually thought it was one of the best features of the game.

Talking about SW with the movable bonus X shots. I’m glad for one pin that has something like this different that can blow up a shot.

You don’t even need to bother with it if you don’t want to just leave it on the middle shots and ignore it if you want. But if you want to mess with it it’s something different and gets you pumped if you make a big point shot and get 50M on one great shot!

#7276 2 years ago
Quoted from Xelz:

A guy I know just helped someone sell his old Pokemon cards to collectors for almost $1M. Yes, many collectors have stupidly deep pockets these days.

And they won't give a damn about code, flow, or a small bare metal ramp lol

#7277 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I figured out where I'm placing my Fang Club 2021 stickers... [quoted image]

(Spoiler alert?) (Edited previously said soil lol)
I think they left it clear because there is a magnet that holds the final ball that starts the wizard mode. I pretty sure that what they said in the podcast. The whole thing turns over to mimic when he falls off the balcony.

#7278 2 years ago
Quoted from Ramrod215:

(Soiler alert?)
I think they left it clear because there is a magnet that holds the final ball that starts the wizard mode. I pretty sure that what they said in the podcast. The whole thing turns over to mimic when he falls off the balcony.

200.gif200.gif
#7279 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

[quoted image]

Damit...now I have to watch it again....

#7280 2 years ago

Is there an advantage to ordering direct vs a distro or vice/versa ?

Is butter cab decision need to be made Tommorow ?

#7281 2 years ago

Am I the only one who keeps updating the Spooky Facebook page to see if they posted a video? Lol.

#7282 2 years ago

I’m out on this, game looks great but neither theme is for me.
Good luck tomorrow Spooky, hope you crush it and it’s a smash hit and sells out straight away.
I’ll keep supporting and renewing my Fang Club membership until you put out something up my street.
Still hoping you guys will land on one of my top dream themes one day.
1. Little Shop Of Horrors
2. Evil Dead/AOD
3. Big Trouble In Little China
4. Beetlejuice

#7283 2 years ago

This is Bug... Bug is at his desk with rules in front of him. On the other end of the headphones on Slack chat, is Bowen Kerins double checking Bug's rules. Bowen has more world championships than you.

Any questions?

20210706_144046 (resized).jpg20210706_144046 (resized).jpg
#7284 2 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Is there an advantage to ordering direct vs a distro or vice/versa ?
Is butter cab decision need to be made Tommorow ?

On TNA, ACNC and R&M runs, I was able to finalize on butter at a later date. It doesn't look like butter impacts your deposit amount, so I'd assume this stays the same for HW and UM -- but maybe shoot an email to clarify.

#7285 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

I take the Stern philosophy that code can be fixed later. The hardware is what it is.

Very true! Although we would be able to dim the LEDs in software, in this case. Perhaps we could add an intensity setting in the options if it's a major problem? If we ever get a long enough break to add such a feature. I think it would be cool. A lot of people would probably see it as a "luxury" thing though.

#7286 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

This is Bug... Bug is at his desk with rules in front of him. On the other end of the headphones on Slack chat, is Bowen Kerins double checking Bug's rules. Bowen has more world championships than you.
Any questions?
[quoted image]

That table is full of notebooks and post it's with rules! Don't think this will be an issue at all.

#7287 2 years ago

Any questions?
[quoted image]

I appreciate how, despite the messy state of his desk, Bug's Turtle Beach headset is in pristine condition

#7288 2 years ago

Any questions?
[quoted image]

I can’t wait to SEE what the rules look like. Wink wink nudge nudge.

#7289 2 years ago

Any questions?
[quoted image]

My honest opinion...we all need to give Bug the benefit of the doubt. Dude literally grew up with a love of both pinball and horror. His genuine passion for both has been publicly displayed for years. He's not going to F this up. Bowen watching his back just gives that much more confidence. Let's see what he can do before we assume the worst (I know...impossible to do around here... ).

IN BUG WE TRUST!

#7290 2 years ago

Bowen has more world championships than you.

Fair enough, Bowen is really good at pinball. But does that make him an expert on what makes a great game for all skill levels?

The rules on R&M are good, but I have mine sitting right next to AFM which is, in my opinion, the greatest all-around game of all time because it's good for both total newbies and for really skilled players. R&M, due to the playfield design, is kinda harsh on newbies and the rules are not super obvious at first. AFM, you can get far just bashing the saucer. R&M doesn't reward random flailing.

Don't get me wrong, I love R&M and I think the rules are pretty good. But let's save the snark about world championships until there's more of a track record. Lyman is still the king.

#7291 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Fair enough, Bowen is really good at pinball. But does that make him an expert on what makes a great game for all skill levels?
The rules on R&M are good, but I have mine sitting right next to AFM which is, in my opinion, the greatest all-around game of all time because it's good for both total newbies and for really skilled players. R&M, due to the playfield design, is kinda harsh on newbies and the rules are not super obvious at first. AFM, you can get far just bashing the saucer. R&M doesn't reward random flailing.
Don't get me wrong, I love R&M and I think the rules are pretty good. But let's save the snark about world championships until there's more of a track record. Lyman is still the king.

Geez! Let the guy have 10 minutes of being proud of his son.Before pinside has to pinsidesplain how great other games are.
We get it !

#7292 2 years ago

This is Bug... Bug is at his desk with rules in front of him.

That laptop is rockin a 3070...And Bug has the discipline to keep his Steam client closed. Good man!

#7293 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

Geez! Let the guy have 10 minutes of being proud of his son.Before pinside has to pinsidesplain how great other games are.
We get it !

Yeah.. And I'm really grateful to see the Spooky dudes posting on here. Lets not scare them away....

#7294 2 years ago

[quoted image]

#fakenews sk8ball

#7295 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Elwin is really good at pinball and he designs and has code input. The community acts like he walks on water. So does that make him an expert same can be said at release time of Iron Maiden. Spooky has made a great looking pair of games play it and see what you think!

#7296 2 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Bowen knows pinball, period. Bug knows pinball, period.

Quoted from jwilson:

The rules on R&M are good, but I have mine sitting right next to AFM which is, in my opinion, the greatest all-around game of all time because it's good for both total newbies and for really skilled players.

I enjoy Attack From Mars for the same reason. The ruleset is perfect for it's design. New players can shoot the big obvious ship in the center of the playfield. What in your opinion are the obvious shots on Halloween? Maybe the pumpkin target in the center? They start modes. Maybe the hedges where Michael pops out? They start a mode too. Maybe the upper playfields? Guess what, they also start modes.

Quoted from jwilson:

But let's save the snark about world championships until there's more of a track record. Lyman is still the king.

Lyman is great. I didn't think he was in here arguing about rules.

#7297 2 years ago
Any questions?

Can you speak to the music/sound package? It was the sound package that initially sold me on TNA (my only NIB pin).

#7298 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Lyman is great. I don't think there is an argument there.

Not from me there isn't! I've played against him... if you can me watching him beat me like an old wool rug "playing against him". His rule sets are also some of my absolute favorites! We hope to be at that level soon.

#7299 2 years ago
Quoted from Wariodolby:

We get it !

Bowen is Charlie's son?!?!

It explains so much!

#7300 2 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Spooky should reach out to the master, and make sure he'll get an 'Extra' Blood Sucker version of Halloween.. it doesn't need that extra marketing to sell, but I would get a kick out of knowing it's being played by Carpenter himself!
Screenshot_20210706-164007_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210706-164007_Chrome (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Performance Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Springfield, IL
$ 135.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

€ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Discos Pinball Mod Shop

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

4,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fargo, ND
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinbald Mods

$ 39.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 238.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 168.00
Lighting - Backbox
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/146?hl=capn12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.