7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 269.
#7201 2 years ago

Technically thousands and thousands of dollars missed means 1 machine or more.

#7202 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Thing is, as many have said, it probably won't matter one bit.

I agree, they will sell out, doesn't make it right though. It's bad enough we have to make purchasing decisions these days without playing a machine, but without even seeing a video? We shouldn't be put in that position.

#7203 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I agree, they will sell out, doesn't make it right though. It's bad enough we have to make purchasing decisions these days without playing a machine, but without even seeing a video? We shouldn't be put in that position.

They are doing their best, working non-stop. They said they will try to get something for us.

After playing R&M I am confident enough to buy without seeing gam eplay. Worse case scenario I don't like it and sell it for what I paid.

#7204 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

It is not Spooky putting people in that position, it is the community/buyers/flippers. When Alice Cooper came out, I played it at a show a month after sales started and still had plenty of spots left. Fast forward to now and people are buying everything sight unseen at the highest trim levels. The real unfortunate thing is that 1/3 to 1/2 of the spots will be up for sale + $1000 in a few weeks. The flippers are killing the hobby.

#7205 2 years ago

Where are we even getting the assumption the games will be “shallow”? Is it just one guy ranting on about it or has Spooky said something?

#7206 2 years ago

Where are you guys seeing pricing on the different models? Not seeing anything on their site.

#7207 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Where are we even getting the assumption the games will be “shallow”? Is it just one guy ranting on about it or has Spooky said something?

Just one guy.... Thankfully HE came home.

thread (resized).pngthread (resized).png
#7208 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Pretty much one guy ranting. Over... and over... and over...

#7209 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Just one guy.... Thankfully HE came home. [quoted image]

Lol.

#7210 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Just one guy.... Thankfully HE came home. [quoted image]

lmao

#7211 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

They are doing their best, working non-stop. They said they will try to get something for us.
After playing R&M I am confident enough to buy without seeing gam eplay. Worse case scenario I don't like it and sell it for what I paid.

To be fair, the day the pin goes on sale is their decision. Spooky is aiming to hit a self-imposed deadline.

Not that striving to hit deadlines is a bad thing (*cough* deeproot *cough*), but it's not like Spooky couldn't have taken a gameplay video/demo into consideration when setting their sale date.

#7212 2 years ago

For the Pinball Magazine Newsletter I had reached out to Spooky Pinball, asking for photos of the entire playfield of Halloween and Ultraman, since I could only find partial playfield images. As I was busy with other things, the newsletter went out with partial playfield photos after all. Half an hour later, Charlie emailed me back, sending me two of each. As I won't be sending out an update newsletter, I figured I'd share theme here.

Jonathan
www.pinball-magazine.com

Spooky Halloween pf 01 (resized).jpgSpooky Halloween pf 01 (resized).jpgSpooky Halloween pf 02 (resized).jpgSpooky Halloween pf 02 (resized).jpgSpooky Ultraman pf 01 (resized).jpgSpooky Ultraman pf 01 (resized).jpgSpooky Ultraman pf 02 (resized).jpgSpooky Ultraman pf 02 (resized).jpg

#7213 2 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

For the Pinball Magazine Newsletter I had reached out to Spooky Pinball, asking for photos of the entire playfield of Halloween and Ultraman, since I could only find partial playfield images. As I was busy with other things, the newsletter went out with partial playfield photos. Half an hour later, Charlie emailed me back sending me two of each. As I won't be sending out an update newsletter, I figured I'd share theme here.
Jonathan
www.pinball-magazine.com
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I still can't get over how gorgeous these playfields, cabinets, and back glasses look.

#7214 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Where are you guys seeing pricing on the different models? Not seeing anything on their site.

Screenshot_20210706-125945_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210706-125945_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg

Also you can add $995 for a Butter cabinet on CE and BSE

#7215 2 years ago

The top left metal bridge seems like a lost opportunity…wonder why no art whatsoever.

#7216 2 years ago

Does anyone know what's behind the drop on the lower Upper? I thought it was a ramp to the upper Upper, but someone in the UM thread said there is no such ramp.

#7217 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

[quoted image]
Also you can add $995 for a Butter cabinet on CE and BSE

Awesome, thanks for that!

Is there a features matrix anywhere?

#7218 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

The top left metal bridge seems like a lost opportunity…wonder why no art whatsoever.

I was just saying that to someone.. It's almost like they leave stuff like that for the moding community to have something to do..lol

#7219 2 years ago

They are great looking playfields. My only nitpick is they don't cover up the LED strip very well.

I'm assuming it's just an adhesive stuck along the sides of the upper playfields. It's a clever spot for them, but I don't like seeing the actual LEDs and copper pads where the strip would be cut... It's acceptable but it's like seeing switches/lamps on a game where they do a poor job of hiding the wires. It stands out compare to how detailed some of the toys/mechs are, like how the upper upper playfield has nice wood details all over it to make it better blend in (very nice touch)

That said, I don't really know how to make them look better while remaining very affordable and easy to construct.

#7220 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I was just saying that to someone.. It's almost like they leave stuff like that for the moding community to have something to do..lol

I got the impression from someone earlier in this thread that seemed to have played it, that it’s like that for a reason. Maybe a gameplay reason? Seems too obviously bare.

#7221 2 years ago

Lots of interesting design ideas going on here. Multiple physical locks. Drop targets on all playfield levels. A "figure-8" double spinner loop shot. The inlane ball lifts. Drops in front of ramps. 15 different blood shots on multiple levels. The theme is REALLY well presented here if you are a Halloween fan.

I just wish they could have released a Bowen gameplay video before taking orders. The teaser video is nice, but seeing gameplay video would be SO helpful in making a decision to purchase. It's hard to guess how games with upper playfields will actually play, and this game has 3 levels! Now most of us are left with a FOMO decision. I think all of these will sell out tomorrow.

I'm loving what I'm seeing though. Well done Spooky!

#7222 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

They are great looking playfields. My only nitpick is they don't cover up the LED strip very well.
I'm assuming it's just an adhesive stuck along the sides of the upper playfields. It's a clever spot for them, but I don't like seeing the actual LEDs and copper pads where the strip would be cut... It's acceptable but it's like seeing switches/lamps on a game where they do a poor job of hiding the wires. It stands out compare to how detailed some of the toys/mechs are, like how the upper upper playfield has nice wood details all over it to make it better blend in (very nice touch)
That said, I don't really know how to make them look better while remaining very affordable and easy to construct.

I believe Spooky said they are individual LED's not a strip

#7223 2 years ago
Quoted from JSC:

It may... we've talked about that too.

Quoted from Cheeks:

Does anyone know what's behind the drop on the lower Upper?

Lighted controlled drop target blocking a scoop.

If ya'll saw what was happening here today, you would probably jump in and get to work! Controlled chaos. We have 3 people on the phones at all times.

Halloween is drawing in the horror crowd BEYOND pinball fans. Ultraman is bringing in that culture fan base as well.

See you in the morning. Back to work here. We are getting photos and the website ready for the variant versions of the game now. Thursday, we sleep again! Lol.

#7224 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:I got the impression from someone earlier in this thread that seemed to have played it, that it’s like that for a reason. Maybe a gameplay reason? Seems too obviously bare.

Maybe they just wanted to save $9 or whatever on each game?

Stern isn’t the only pinball company that has to make actual business decisions ya know.

#7225 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Maybe it's just me or how these come across in the photos, but on Halloween it makes me think of holiday light strings that you'd find around someone's house or in their yard. I like the effect and ambiance for the Halloween title, though it's hard to fully judge without seeing it person.

#7226 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Pretty much one guy ranting. Over... and over... and over...

I don’t think he’s ranting. My understanding (from another thread) is that he (or she) is a top tier player that has concerns about the depth/breadth of the ruleset. I’m an average player and might never get to the final wizard mode on this game, but I can understand upper tier players not wanting to purchase a game where they’ll reach the wizard mode every other game.

#7227 2 years ago

I can't recall a modern game with drops blocking a ramp shot. Seems like it might be prone to ball hops & ramp entry issues if those drops aren't leveled perfectly.

Is that why there is a piece of clear plastic stretching across the playfield above the drops? Just curious.

DROPS RAMP (resized).JPGDROPS RAMP (resized).JPG
#7228 2 years ago

I wonder which game was designed first? Is Halloween a reskin of Ultraman, Ultraman a reskin of Halloween, or was it designed with both in mind?

#7229 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Was hard to tell at a glance with the resolution, but looks to roughly fit here for anyone that didn't spot it [quoted image]

Ultraman! Duh. Kicking myself.

#7230 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

I can't recall a modern game with drops blocking a ramp shot. Seems like it might be prone to ball hops & ramp entry issues if those drops aren't leveled perfectly.
Is that why there is a piece of clear plastic stretching across the playfield above the drops? Just curious.
[quoted image]

I thought that was an airball protector for direct shots to the drops.

#7231 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

With that there is also a physical extra ball sequence.
Another cool note you will notice 3 inserts for each of the main modes. How well you do in the 3 main modes affects the value, amount and number of jackpots in wizard mode later. So essentially you can get through the game poorly and see most of it but have a bad score. However in contrast if you play the perfect game and flood all those center inserts red for main mode progress you are going to see massive jackpots and scoring later.
So alot of the long term fun of the game will be trying to truly crush a perfect game in every single mode.

Looking forward to that.

Quoted from Crile1:

The flippers are killing the hobby.

Bruh.

We've been saying this for all 8+ years I've been in the hobby, and it just keeps getting stronger. They're screwing people over, but the last thing they're doing is "killing the hobby"...by far...

#7232 2 years ago

Here are the rules as I could make them out on the posted cards:

USE FLIPPERS TO CHANGE LOCATION OF SKILL SHOT. THEN LAUNCH AND SHOOT FAST!

LOCK A BALL BEHIND EACH HEDGE FOR HEDGE MULTIBALL. THEN SHOOT LEFT RAMP TO REVEAL MICHAEL. QUICKLY SHOOT MICHAEL FOR JACKPOT AND SUPER JACKPOT.

RIGHT RAMP FOR SMITH GROVE PLAYFIELD. SHOOT SCOOP TO START ESCAPE. HIT RED LIT SHOTS FOR MICHAEL TO ESCAPE! GATHER PATENTS FOR SUPER JACKPOTS.

HEDGE MODE AND SMITH GROVE QUALIFY HOUSE. SHOOT CENTER RAMP TWICE TO START. COMPLETE ORBITS TO BATTLE MICHAEL, SHOOT BALCONY TO WIN! (TIP: HOLD FLIPPER UP)

PUMPKIN MODES: SHOOT LEFT OR RIGHT ORBIT AND CLEAR CENTER DROPS. SHOOT PUMPKIN. LIT SHOTS HELP MICHAEL GET VICTIMS / HELP LAURIE STRODE ESCAPE!

COMPLETE ALL PUMPKIN MODES FOR JACK-O-LANTERN MULTIBALL.

HEDGE MODE, SMITH’S GROVE, HOUSE MODE & SIX JACK-O-LANTERN MODES QUALIFY BOOGEYMAN (SUB) WIZARD MODE. LOCK ALL 7 BALLS FOR VICTORY LAP MULTIBALL.

DEFEATING ALL MODES, NIGHT HE CAME HOME ULTIMATE WIZARD MODE WILL BE LIT.

#7233 2 years ago

No assumptions, Ive read the rules (posted on the Collider site) and read what Luke had to say about them and it seems like the game is a bit shallow to me. It is in early development of course but I also dont think that there is a whole of content in the actual film to pull from... which was a major concern on here when the theme was first announced. Im definitely more critical than the average joe so....please take it with grain of salt. Its just my opinion. Also, i appreciate the time it took to meme my avatar. I love to be imortilized for my unpopular opinions. Carry on ya'll... ive said my piece so stopping @'ing me so this thread can go back to normal haha

Quoted from cooked71:

#7234 2 years ago

Any word when the BS version of Ultraman will be revealed? I'm interested to see the "Custom metallic flake powder coat" before tomorrow.

#7235 2 years ago

Are fang club members able to grab more than 1 machine?

#7236 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I believe Spooky said they are individual LED's not a strip

It's a typical LED strip. You might have mistaken them when they said they were individually controllable. Also I noticed they don't have the flashers on the backwall covered, which may or not be an issue for some players. Maybe some 3D printed bats or something could go on top of them? Or just more pumpkins

halloween (resized).pnghalloween (resized).png

#7237 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

One guy ranting. Over and Over and Over, and OVER!

#7238 2 years ago

OMG we need this as easter egg video mode! SpookyCharlie are you tuned in?!

#7239 2 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

[quoted image]

You will certainly want the drop targets to be level. When a pinball hits a drop target at speed the target bends backwards. When it instantaneously returns to it's normal position it can send the ball at an upward trajectory, thus an air ball protector.

#7240 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Maybe they just wanted to save $9 or whatever on each game?
Stern isn’t the only pinball company that has to make actual business decisions ya know.

You reckon by the time they got to fitting out the 3rd upper pf they ran out of BOM.

#7241 2 years ago

Guessing no video today.

Kinda sucks but from a marketing perspective, the move probably gains more sales than it loses.

Ultraman gonna be sold out tomorrow.

Halloween at 1250 units, would be spectacular if that sells out tomorrow!

Going to be an interesting day.

#7242 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Doing math sucks in pinball and I agree with the bonus x gripes (a la Star Wars) when I think of shallow vs deep I just consider how many unique modes and the complexity and variety of the rules within the modes. IMDN JP DP are the best of the modern rulesets imo, they are non linear and you can choose different pathways to achieve different gameplay outcomes and scoring opportunities. It definitely helps the games feel fresh every time you play which I think is critical for a smaller home collection.

I think SW gets a bad reputation with the bonus X. It’s for points but you can still ignore that feature and just play the large number of modes (four planets with 4 modes each). Lots of different paths to play.

There is points (math) if you want another layer but not essential to the quest of destroying the Death Star etc.

Also other games have big bonus X like TWD and DP has a snick bonus if you want. It’s not essential to either but if you want the points you can play with bonus X.

#7243 2 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

They already addressed this. There is a slight ledge or something so you dont see them directly. I would assume if Spooky workers aren't throwing a fit about the LED's, and they have played the game, then we shouldnt either, based on a few pics and a short video. But, people who havent even seen anything about rules are already saying its shallow, so theres that as well.

Pinside detectives at work!

#7244 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I think SW gets a bad reputation with the bonus X.

i don’t get that either. I actually thought it was one of the best features of the game.

#7245 2 years ago

If I were on the fence, perhaps lamenting the lack of a gameplay video, what I would do is go ahead and put down a deposit, and if I change my mind during the inevitable wait, I can always sell my spot. If the buyer can convince me that he's not just going to flip it, I'd even sell it for cost.

#7246 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I wonder which game was designed first? Is Halloween a reskin of Ultraman, Ultraman a reskin of Halloween, or was it designed with both in mind?

Somewhere they said it was initially John Wick..so reskins of that

#7247 2 years ago

mpdpvdpin much respect to you and the new avatar, as 2pac would say I ain't got nothin' but love for ya! Now back on topic... sales are going to soar tomorrow.... Deeproot & Judith Myers still dead.

blimpy (resized).pngblimpy (resized).png
#7248 2 years ago

For the person that asked for a matrix

Screenshot_20210703-201713_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210703-201713_Chrome (resized).jpg
#7249 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I got the impression from someone earlier in this thread that seemed to have played it, that it’s like that for a reason. Maybe a gameplay reason? Seems too obviously bare.

Yea it was someone involved with the design of the pf or something that said its bare for a reason.

#7250 2 years ago

These games have a ton of shots.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinned Out Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Mooshue's Market

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 93.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Woodinville, WA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 320.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arabi, LA
$ 104.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 145 of 269.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/145?hl=mettle64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.