7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,399 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 268.
#7001 2 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Yeah but does Michael move?

Quoted from awassig:

I actually own ACNC and RZ. Have played RM all fantastic games that's why I'm disappointed so far with this game. Need to see some gameplay but for now I've gone from a fang club member ready to drop a deposit on a CE to a non buyer. I know you have to appeal to as many as possible and can't have violent bloody artwork out on a location and expect it to do well with out a ton of complaints but hey spooky sells their stuff as boutique pinball, so that's what I expect. And the art on the machine looks like a collage of random movie scenes with a Thanksgiving vibe to me. [quoted image]

Yes, because a hand stabbing with a knife on the topper is family friendly lol. Plus the knife in the game....

Most of Halloween is not blood and gore, it's suspense, tension, spooky ambiance.

#7002 2 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Add-a-ball sequence?

No it's actually a separate lock that a physical extra ball can be held in but holds rewards later if you don't use it!

#7003 2 years ago

I can appreciate that. I bet if you guys dropped a comprehensive breakdown of the current rule at this code version it may help bolster the confidence of the rule nerds out here, myself included haha. A lot of us will spend the money if we know there is a deep challenge and that we can’t get to the wizard mode in a 15 min game in the first week of ownership. Not saying that’s what this game IS but we just wanna know what this puppy is packing as far as rules / objectives / code etc. We would try patience but umm we know the game will sell out regardless of how we feel about the depth haha

Quoted from SpookyLuke:

With that there is also a physical extra ball sequence.
Another cool note you will notice 3 inserts for each of the main modes. How well you do in the 3 main modes affects the value, amount and number of jackpots in wizard mode later. So essentially you can get through the game poorly and see most of it but have a bad score. However in contrast if you play the perfect game and flood all those center inserts red for main mode progress you are going to see massive jackpots and scoring later.
So alot of the long term fun of the game will be trying to truly crush a perfect game in every single mode.

#7004 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

No it's actually a separate lock that a physical extra ball can be held in but holds rewards later if you don't use it!

Oh that is awesome!

I'm so pumped on this, can't wait for my CE!

#7005 2 years ago

Got it. I misunderstood how that shot worked. I was thinking it was like the add-a-ball on Alice Cooper, but it's exactly what you are saying a physical lock for an extra ball.

#7006 2 years ago

I’m on the fence big time.

I’d love to see gameplay. I’m more a Halloween fan, but Ultraman looks fantastic! The artwork is just awesome. The clips look fun as does the music. In contrast Halloween has that theme appeal though we need to see the animations and gameplay.

#7007 2 years ago

Both games look great. Something different is good for me! Both the themes are super cool. Congrats to the Spooky team!!

#7008 2 years ago

Just wondering ,when ordering begins will there be a way to gauge how many have sold at any certain point ?Like if I was ordering but wanted to be mid/late in the run is that possible by either the way mentioned or requesting it ? Just trying to save a family favorite but if need be we will vote .Thanks

#7009 2 years ago

I'd love to see and hear both games actually. There is a lot that goes into the decision.

#7010 2 years ago

So.... what was all that Meatloaf talk about?

#7011 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Yes, because a hand stabbing with a knife on the topper is family friendly lol.

To be fair, a knife stabbing into a pumpkin is something millions of families do together every October.

#7012 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

As if getting to work with a dream theme, going to Japan, having others embrace our quirky love of all things crazy campy kaiju wasn't enough... how about artist Matt Fank landing a Marvel cover with our backglass???!!! So happy... so proud of everyone who helped us make this all happen.

My biggest wish is that a bunch of these Ultramans get shipped to Japan to help fan the flames of pinball excitement across Japan.
Once Japan becomes a viable market (they have like 38% the population of USA) the themes that might get made are truly exciting. I want a company to start working their way through all of the primo Nintendo franchises.

#7013 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Just wondering ,when ordering begins will there be a way to gauge how many have sold at any certain point ?Like if I was ordering but wanted to be mid/late in the run is that possible by either the way mentioned or requesting it ? Just trying to save a family favorite but if need be we will vote .Thanks

Morgan is super flexible about getting a game pushed back to the delivery date you want!

#7014 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

And yes Michael moves

Would be elite trolling to ship it with one tiny Grogu in place of a hedge Michael.

#7015 2 years ago

BIG YES to this. Castlevania! Legend of Zelda! Final Fantasy! Mega Man! When a company opens up Pandora’s box on this shit I’m gonna be dead broke.

Quoted from cait001:

My biggest wish is that a bunch of these Ultramans get shipped to Japan to help fan the flames of pinball excitement across Japan.
Once Japan becomes a viable market (they have like 38% the population of USA) the themes that might get made are truly exciting. I want a company to start working their way through all of the primo Nintendo franchises.

#7016 2 years ago

SpookyLuke - what’s the breakdown of Ultraman machines? CE, SE, etc?

#7017 2 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

SpookyLuke - what’s the breakdown of Ultraman machines? CE, SE, etc?

1250 halloween limit
500 ultraman limit.
Buy the edition ya want!

#7018 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

1250 halloween limit
500 ultraman limit.
Buy the edition ya want!

You guys numbering the CE’s x of xyz? I feel that majority of them will be CEs perhaps you’ll need to label it x of wxyz

#7019 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Yes, because a hand stabbing with a knife on the topper is family friendly lol. Plus the knife in the game....
Most of Halloween is not blood and gore, it's suspense, tension, spooky ambiance.

True but I would expect something that would make me not want to play it in the dark by myself because the of all the jump scares and scary ambiance. Some how I don't think this is going to fit the bill. I could be wrong.

#7020 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

To be fair, a knife stabbing into a pumpkin is something millions of families do together every October.

Exactly!!! Just because there is a knife doesn't make it scary. Unless you get scared when someone is cutting a birthday cake.

#7021 2 years ago

God I love the fact that there is no limit on the number of CEs (other than the total run). I'm tired of all of that nonsense. Of course I lost out on a GNR CE so I'm a little bitter still.....

#7022 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

Morgan is super flexible about getting a game pushed back to the delivery date you want!

Great Luke thanks bud

#7023 2 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

NOW WHAT??
Great flick.

HAHA...that was a crazy ending to Deep Rising! I wonder if they ever had plans for a sequel?

Another slimey/slithery goofy fun romp from the sea is Grabbers (2012).

#7024 2 years ago

SpookyLuke Will there be photos available of the Standard & Blood Sucker machines before the FangClub sales start?

#7025 2 years ago
Quoted from BWT67:

SpookyLuke Will there be photos available of the Standard & Blood Sucker machines before the FangClub sales start?

I think they said yes, so I assume tomorrow.

#7026 2 years ago
Quoted from awassig:

Exactly!!! Just because there is a knife doesn't make it scary. Unless you get scared when someone is cutting a birthday cake.

Lol ... Micheal Meyers on the backglass just below, scary Halloween theme... Pretty sure we are not carving pumpkins or cutting our steak at dinner. But that's ok, I think it's cool and creepy. I love dark but how graphic should they go?

#7027 2 years ago

I asked on the Ultraman page, but no answer. Will Ultraman game be just the 67 series or will it include parts of other series?

#7028 2 years ago

Is this mainly the first Halloween, or are the sequels also included?

#7029 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Is this mainly the first Halloween, or are the sequels also included?

First only.

#7030 2 years ago

I must say the games both look fantastic congrats to spooky. So many awesome mechanics and extremely unique layout. Nice to see innovation in pinball. I have R&M and love it, fantastic game. These look to be another home-run for spooky and team. Great company, hopefully they continue to grow manufacturing. With every release they seem to Wow us.

#7031 2 years ago

So pardon my lack of knowledge on Spooky but if I was to become a "Fang" member and would like to secure Halloween would it be best through Spooky or a distributor.It looks like they go on sale Wed @9am central.Prices? This one looks hella fun.

#7032 2 years ago

Where do I send my letter begging Spooky to sell me a game a fully loaded game , ooooops sorry that's a Stern thing never mind
Good on you Spooky...game looks great.

#7033 2 years ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Underlying rulesets will be nearly identical.

Thank you!

#7034 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Lol ... Micheal Meyers on the backglass just below, scary Halloween theme... Pretty sure we are not carving pumpkins or cutting our steak at dinner. But that's ok, I think it's cool and creepy. I love dark but how graphic should they go?

Definitely not from the movie but dark like this.

halloween-comics (resized).pnghalloween-comics (resized).png
#7035 2 years ago

I’m almost sad that Halloween/Ultraman are a twosome.

We all love reveals and tease but this was one on top of the other. No day in the spotlight.

With having the same rules and layout that precludes buying both for most people.

If you are a type that doesn’t like one layout or gameplay you are out of two pin choices.

I’m not complaining just saying it would have been nice for Ultraman to have its own day in the sun and different layout. Even two similar pins like Metallica and GOTG have various differences and completely different code.

#7036 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

We all love reveals and tease but this was one on top of the other. No day in the spotlight.
With having the same rules and layout that precludes buying both for most people.
If you are a type that doesn’t like one layout you are out of two pin choices.
I’m not complaining just saying it would have been nice for Ultraman to have its own day in the sun and different layout. Even two similar pins like Metallica and GOTG have various differences and completely different code.

Meh. I love the out-of-the-box approach. Nothing wrong with giving folks a theme choice...don't see the analogy with MET/GOTG.

I'm pretty excited about vibe and artwork of Ultraman. I also LOVE how they are letting US determine the SE/LE/CE mix.

#7037 2 years ago

If there's anything this thread had taught us it's that none of us will live to see everyone of our dream themes made. Twofers are a great idea imo

#7038 2 years ago

Have we heard that they are going to do a video of game play before plunking deposit down on a 9k game?

#7039 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

If you are a type that doesn’t like one layout or gameplay you are out of two pin choices.

I don't think Ultraman is a big enough theme to financially justify a dedicated release. It's through economies of scale that it's even possible that we see it released as a game. Metallica and GOTG are AAA licenses. 95% of the pinball market didn't even know what Ultraman was until it was announced. I still think it will be an instant sellout though because 500 games Worldwide is nothing and people are hungry for new pinball machines!

#7040 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Have we heard that they are going to do a video of game play before plunking deposit down on a 9k game?

I am hopeful that the rules are expanded. I only have an ACNC to compare but I love the deeper rule sets and surprises that come up with some of my other pins.

#7041 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

God I love the fact that there is no limit on the number of CEs (other than the total run). I'm tired of all of that nonsense. Of course I lost out on a GNR CE so I'm a little bitter still.....

Yeah but you’re likely to get a non chipping playfield now

#7042 2 years ago

Will we get to see pics of all three versions of both games; before ordering opens up?

#7043 2 years ago

In the pics, I'm seeing cliffy like protectors on 2 scoops, but not the hedge/city scoops. Will that change, you think?

#7044 2 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Will we get to see pics of all three versions of both games; before ordering opens up?

a26d953e5c9f35117b133b1b29da82fc.gifa26d953e5c9f35117b133b1b29da82fc.gif
#7045 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I don't think Ultraman is a big enough theme to financially justify a dedicated release. It's through economies of scale that it's even possible that we see it released as a game. Metallica and GOTG are AAA licenses. 95% of the pinball market didn't even know what Ultraman was until it was announced. I still think it will be an instant sellout though because 500 games Worldwide is nothing and people are hungry for new pinball machines!

95% of the pinball market didn't even know what Rick and Morty was until it was announced and look at how well that did. Ultraman is huge in the anime and the Japanese culture. Ultraman literally started the Super Sentai(Power Rangers) franchise. Spooky could sell thousands of games just in the Japanese market alone.

#7046 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

95% of the pinball market didn't even know what Rick and Morty was until it was announced and look at how well that did. Ultraman is huge in the anime and the Japanese culture. Ultraman literally started the Super Sentai(Power Rangers) franchise. Spooky could sell thousands of games just in the Japanese market alone.

#7047 2 years ago

If I had to assign numbers to it. I would say maybe 40-50% of the pinball market had no idea what R&M was. Ultraman, more like 98%.

#7048 2 years ago

So most people going for Halloween ?

#7049 2 years ago
Quoted from Vans:

I would go UM...hands down.

#7050 2 years ago
Quoted from Vans:

Considering that there will be 2.5x more of Halloween, I would say yes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Parker, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
NinjaCamp Mods
Other
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chester, VA
6,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Jamestown, NC
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods
Shooter rods
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 300.00
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carnation, WA
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
There are 13,399 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 268.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/141?hl=november and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.