7hPz.gif
IMG_6612 (resized).jpeg
harley-quinn-legends-of-the-dark-knight-1_dc-comics_silo (resized).png
tumblr_ndd9vhv4uu1qedb29o1_500.gif
IMG_1836 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1833 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1832 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 13,399 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 268.
#6951 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Can you clarify? These seem like different messages. I get you are not marketing this as a swappable game; is that what "officially not supported" means? That would be very different from "we take no responsibility if Ultraman code fries your Halloween game" for example.

Sounds like the same message to me! I think what he's saying is, as the hardware is identical on both games, there's no reason it wouldn't work, but don't come crying to us if it doesn't, or fries something!

#6952 2 years ago

I hadn't heard of Ultraman and have never seen Halloween, but hey, I like the looks of that playfields! Great job Spooky!

Can't wait to see some gameplay.

#6953 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Can you clarify? These seem like different messages. I get you are not marketing this as a swappable game; is that what "officially not supported" means? That would be very different from "we take no responsibility if Ultraman code fries your Halloween game" for example.

So many other things to talk about and clarify & your hung up on this ?

#6954 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Sounds like the same message to me! I think what he's saying is, as the hardware is identical on both games, there's no reason it wouldn't work, but don't come crying to us if it doesn't, or fries something!

"Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't...but we're not going to test it" would make sense.

But Chuck saying he'd probably try it sounds very different from you're SOL if it fries your game (not that anyone at Spooky said swapping code would necessarily harm your game).

I'm just curious if it's a realistic possibility because I'm interested in both themes.

#6955 2 years ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

So many other things to talk about and clarify & your hung up on this ?

Quoted from Cheeks:

"Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't...but we're not going to test it" would make sense.
But Chuck saying he'd probably try it sounds very different from you're SOL if it fries your game (not that anyone at Spooky said swapping code would necessarily harm your game).
I'm just curious if it's a realistic possibility because I'm interested in both themes.

LOL...apparently.

I'm interested in both themes, so yeah, I'd like to know.

#6956 2 years ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

Oops! Sorry, didn't mean to misquote you. Speed-reading through all the posts, I guess my mind just interpreted that as heat shrink tubing cuz I'm an electronics nerd :p

No worries, just wanted to make sure it was clear so people could look it up if they cared. Here, since we're still on the topic I'll save people time, this is an example:

https://www.superlightingled.com/164ftroll-513mm-120-top-emitting-antiglare-silicone-sleeve-flexible-led-neon-tube-for-10mm-led-light-strips-p-4092.html

You need to look for "top emitting" like that one because the strips bend perpendicular to the LEDs to wrap around the wood. A lot of the ones on the market, like the ones I used for my sign, are "side emitting", because they're meant for the LEDs to be bent into shapes like letters, so parallel to the LEDs.

Quoted from spooky_dj:

The LED strips are addressable. They use the same protocol as APA-102C-NEW LEDs (different protocol than neopixel strips, in case you want to get compatible strips)

Good info! I figured they weren't WS2812 because it looked like they were 4 wire strips. APA-102C is a two wire protocol so checks out. Those are going to be more responsive than WS2812. And more expensive, so Spooky definitely didn't "cheap out" on the lighting there.

#6957 2 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

But Chuck saying he'd probably try it sounds very different from you're SOL if it fries your game

I have access to parts quickly and do dumb things weekly... I would NOT try this if was anyone but me. If you fry your game you're SOL.

Carry on.

#6958 2 years ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

If you are new to Ultraman check this episode out.

How is it even possible there hasn't been made an Ultraman pinball before?

#6959 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

I have access to parts quickly and do dumb things weekly... I would NOT try this if was anyone but me. If you fry your game you're SOL.
Carry on.

Asked and answered. Thanks!

#6960 2 years ago

I realized there are no pop bumpers!

tenor (3).giftenor (3).gif
#6961 2 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I realized there are no pop bumpers!
[quoted image]

Another LIONMAN!

#6962 2 years ago
Quoted from sven:

How is it even possible there hasn't been made an Ultraman pinball before?

The other companies are too chicken!... or they're just smart. Who knows!?

#6963 2 years ago

Hmmm little jab there at the end

3D85CE21-3E7C-499C-8711-34A4BBDAABBA (resized).png3D85CE21-3E7C-499C-8711-34A4BBDAABBA (resized).png8DAF6A9E-7B39-44A2-BB07-E3857B1646A4 (resized).png8DAF6A9E-7B39-44A2-BB07-E3857B1646A4 (resized).png
#6964 2 years ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

ok, got it...

#6965 2 years ago

@SpookyCharlie, can you share an image of the metallic flake armor on the Bloodsucker edition?

#6966 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

[quoted image]

That. Looks. RAD!

Serious question: when removing the glass, it clears the shooter rod, right? Memories of Jpop’s near epic fail.

#6967 2 years ago

Not sure I've seen anyone else mention this minor niggle of mine, that plastic above the 3 bank drops ( airball plastic? ) is way too flimsy, flapping about whenever the drops reset. That would annoy me.

#6968 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Not sure I've seen anyone else mention this minor niggle of mine, that plastic above the 3 bank drops ( airball plastic? ) is way too flimsy, flapping about whenever the drops reset. That would annoy me.

I was wondering what that was in the video

#6969 2 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

I was wondering what that was in the video

I'm sure it's to prevent air balls.

#6970 2 years ago

Ultraman might be more of a psycho murderer than Michael Myers lol

#6971 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

this is so kitch ! pure fun/genius (lol)

#6972 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Might have to mod that into a closeline.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#6973 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Wait a second... what if I end up becoming a tremendous Ultraman fan AFTER Ultraman sells out completely?

#6974 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Another LIONMAN!

LIONMAN vs. ULTRAMAN? I will not predict a winner...

#6975 2 years ago

Keeping up with Pinside is rough.

20210705_161106 (resized).jpg20210705_161106 (resized).jpg

#6976 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Wait a second... what if I end up becoming a tremendous Ultraman fan AFTER Ultraman sells out completely?

Then you can join my club of missing out on another great theme killed by limited production and scalpers.

#6977 2 years ago

I have no idea what Ultraman is. Looks like a Godzilla robot guy. Man I must be out of touch

#6978 2 years ago
Quoted from Var1AbL3:

Well that was certainly interesting.

Odd choice to have the protagonists of a kids show be a group of villainous humans who murder exotic wildlife in faraway lands. But I suppose it was a different time.

And you'd think Ultraman would be in a show called Ultraman for more than 30 seconds!!

#6979 2 years ago

They are full directly addressable RGB's... not LED strips. They are capable of some crazy fun light shows!
From a players perspective, they are diffused. It's hard to shoot video from a lower angle and show that.

Lighting looks great...reminds me of Mike's total light show kit for IM.....doesn't look like any of yours are glaring at the player position, just blazing around....

Can't wait to play/ experience this thing.....about that clown on the side though...

#6980 2 years ago

I just realized this is the first LE/CE I've seen without HD glass.

#6981 2 years ago

Very impressed. Congrats to spooky co....nice job Charlie! These games both look great and you are fast becoming a force to reckon with. I think you will surpass Stern and JJP in design and toys if you keep this up.

#6982 2 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Very impressed. Congrats to spooky co....nice job Charlie! These games both look great and you are fast becoming a force to reckon with. I think you will surpass Stern and JJP in design and toys if you keep this up.

After Rogu it shouldn't be too tough to do.

#6983 2 years ago

Yeah but does Michael move?

#6984 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I am not hot for the rule set on this, I’m afraid to say. No Bowen on rules hurts bigtime. Plus...having no clear identity as the player is rough, youre not MM you’re not a victim. Help Michael escape, Help Laurie escape, help Michael find a victim, help a victim escape. Feel like it will be hard to immerse yourself in the gameplay on this one.
https://collider.com/halloween-pinball-price-specs-images-john-carpenter-jason-edmiston/

I totally agree. I'm disappointed to say the least. I wanted a more bloody dark approach. Colors remind me of Thanksgiving decorations and not Halloween. Gameplay doesn't follow any type of storyline at all. And from the pics appears to be animated videos. Sure hope their are real movie clips in the game. I love tons of toys in a game but this game seems like a hoarder put it together. Shit everywhere and it seems like it is one big mini game after another.

Let's hope that when and if someone does Evil Dead or Army of Darkness they make it true to the movies and don't cartoon it up. #Hugedissapointment.

#6985 2 years ago

As if getting to work with a dream theme, going to Japan, having others embrace our quirky love of all things crazy campy kaiju wasn't enough... how about artist Matt Fank landing a Marvel cover with our backglass???!!! So happy... so proud of everyone who helped us make this all happen.

Marvel Ultraman Pinball Cover.June 2021 (resized).jpgMarvel Ultraman Pinball Cover.June 2021 (resized).jpg
#6986 2 years ago

If I buy a standard Ultraman will it be at the end of both Halloween and Ultraman runs? Or just at the end of the 500 run of Ultraman?

#6987 2 years ago

I would also like to see the standard and Bloodsucker armor colors-exciting!

#6988 2 years ago

getting to work with a dream theme, going to Japan, having others embrace our quirky love of all things crazy campy kaiju
[quoted image]

If you'd like another reason to return to japan I have five letters for you: A K I R A

#6989 2 years ago
Quoted from awassig:

I totally agree. I'm disappointed to say the least. I wanted a more bloody dark approach. Colors remind me of Thanksgiving decorations and not Halloween. Gameplay doesn't follow any type of storyline at all. And from the pics appears to be animated videos. Sure hope their are real movie clips in the game. I love tons of toys in a game but this game seems like a hoarder put it together. Shit everywhere and it seems like it is one big mini game after another.
Let's hope that when and if someone does Evil Dead or Army of Darkness they make it true to the movies and don't cartoon it up. #Hugedissapointment.

Have you played games like RZ and R&M in full adult mode? I don't think Spookey is going soft anytime soon and especially not on a slasher theme. I bet once the lights and music are in full swing everyone will be fearful of the boogeyman.

Seeing and hearing some gameplay footage should clear things up.

#6990 2 years ago

As if getting to work with a dream theme, going to Japan, having others embrace our quirky love of all things crazy campy kaiju wasn't enough... how about artist Matt Fank landing a Marvel cover with our backglass???!!! So happy... so proud of everyone who helped us make this all happen.
[quoted image]

Could today be any cooler for Spooky Pinball or their fans? Awesome!

#6991 2 years ago

As if getting to work with a dream theme, going to Japan..

Wait, you went to Japan? Now that's a perk!! Needed to hear speak japanese to better understand the characters, right? Lol

#6992 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

We won't have a full stream or anything but maybe I could roundup Bug and do a couple mode walk through or something. I'll have to see if we can.

That would be awesome. Even if it’s just 15 min of Halloween

Thanks

#6993 2 years ago
Quoted from awassig:

Yeah, who thinks of orange as a Halloween color.

PS: Movie clips are in the game.

Edit: In all seriousness, I do get what you are saying with the playfield. I do think the shot lines could be more interesting.

#6994 2 years ago

And yes Michael moves

#6995 2 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

And yes Michael moves

Lol.lol!!

#6996 2 years ago

I’m confident code will develop and deepen. There are most definitely tons of A/V assets from the film in the game. I think 3 house modes, six kill modes “pumpkin modes” and the seven ball lock sequence a la EHOH’s Gappa Angry resulting in the final wiz mode seven ball multi is a great start. But what happens after that...and after THAT? Stacked Wizard modes and alternate paths to different gameplay opportunities keeps games fresh for me and lots of other skilled home players. Also, I think the majority of these games will end up in home use collections because of the rarity, value and the theme not being optimal for all ages locations etc. That’s not a downside just more reason to absolutely kill it on rules and code. Again, just my opinion.

Quoted from awassig:

#6997 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Have you played games like RZ and R&M in full adult mode? I don't think Spookey is going soft anytime soon and especially not on a slasher theme. I bet once the lights and music are in full swing everyone will be fearful of the boogeyman.
Seeing and hearing some gameplay footage should clear things up.

I actually own ACNC and RZ. Have played RM all fantastic games that's why I'm disappointed so far with this game. Need to see some gameplay but for now I've gone from a fang club member ready to drop a deposit on a CE to a non buyer. I know you have to appeal to as many as possible and can't have violent bloody artwork out on a location and expect it to do well with out a ton of complaints but hey spooky sells their stuff as boutique pinball, so that's what I expect. And the art on the machine looks like a collage of random movie scenes with a Thanksgiving vibe to me.

IMG_20210616_193401747 (resized).jpgIMG_20210616_193401747 (resized).jpg
#6998 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I’m confident code will develop and deepen. There are most definitely tons of A/V assets from the film in the game. I think 3 house modes, six kill modes “pumpkin modes” and the seven ball lock sequence a la EHOH’s Gappa Angry resulting in the final wiz mode seven ball multi is a great start. But what happens after that...and after THAT? Stacked Wizard modes and alternate paths to different gameplay opportunities keeps games fresh for me and lots of other skilled home players. Also, I think the majority of these games will end up in home use collections because of the rarity, value and the theme not being optimal for all ages locations etc. That’s not a downside just more reason to absolutely kill it on rules and code. Again, just my opinion.

With that there is also a physical extra ball sequence.

Another cool note you will notice 3 inserts for each of the main modes. How well you do in the 3 main modes affects the value, amount and number of jackpots in wizard mode later. So essentially you can get through the game poorly and see most of it but have a bad score. However in contrast if you play the perfect game and flood all those center inserts red for main mode progress you are going to see massive jackpots and scoring later. As well as longer ball saves for setting up wizard. Also remember you have to lock all 7 without failing to see that full 7 ball multiball. You can fail and only get a 3 ball wizard with maybe 3 jackpots. Where in contrast you could save you extra ball, crush every mode so you earn 9 jackpot shots, and lock all 7 balls and get that flawless 7 ball wizard mode with full scoring, ball saves, jack pots etc.

Just going into today we have 3 main modes, a sub wizard, a wizard, a physical extra ball/score multiplier, and 6 incidental modes.

So alot of the long term fun of the game will be trying to truly crush a perfect game in every single mode.

#6999 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

So alot of the long term fun of the game will be trying to truly crush a perfect game in every single mode.

I’m sure this is a game that will be “bolted down to the floor” in both commercial & residential settings.

#7000 2 years ago
Quoted from SpookyLuke:

With that there is also a physical extra ball sequence.

Add-a-ball sequence?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Protection
NinjaCamp Mods
Protection
$ 29.90
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Playfield - Other
NinjaCamp Mods
Other
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ScottieIA Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carnation, WA
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 35.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods
Shooter rods
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 300.00
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods
Toys/Add-ons
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 8,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy
Protection
There are 13,399 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 268.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-2021-game-speculation-thread/page/140 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.